PDA

View Full Version : what to do for cardio/exercise?

casualsway24
May 4th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Hi! So, I posted a few weeks ago about wanting to do a relaxed sway (probably starting July-ish). Since then, I've signed up for a half marathon at the end of May, which has been great for helping me get some long cardio workouts in during the week (not why I signed up for the race, but definitely a perk :))

My question is--after the race is over, I'm not going to have the motivation (or the time!) to do 45min+ runs on a regular basis. I intend to keep 1-2 long runs per week, but are there any "approved" suggestions for cardio exercises at home? My knowledge of cardio is basically walking and running, haha.

Also. After the race, my cardio likely won't be as intense as it is now. Does that matter?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
May 4th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Walking is fine. If this is a question of just not wanting to continue at the same intensity, it's fine to continue at a lower level, jogging or walking briskly instead of training for marathon.

There are a lot of fun cardio exercises on you tube and stuff - check out Blogilates and popsugar fitness. But my concern is that they are going to be MUCH less intense and it will really be a step completely backwards. I would carry on as intense as I could without giong nutso over it! Compromise between what you were doing and what your sanity will allow. :)