PDA

View Full Version : Due in January, February & March 2019

Pages : [1] 2 3

ABC.2606
May 14th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Here's to happy & healthy babies in 2019!

:babygirl: :BabyBoy: :babygirl: :BabyBoy: :babygirl: :BabyBoy:

Username: Throwaway_panther
Swayed: 💙 Having:
Due date: January 3, 2019

Username: Kelbear
Swayed: 💗 Having:
Due date: January 9, 2019

Username: Pretty
Due date: January 30, 2019

Username: Hannahptrussell
Due date: January 31, 2019

Username: ABC.2606
Due date: February 5, 2019

Username: Cassidy4
Swayed: 💛 Hoping for: 💗 Having:
Due date: February 5, 2019

Username: simkan
Due date: February 7, 2019

Username: kittendreams
Due date: February 12, 2019

Username: Eighme
Due date: March 4, 2019

Throwaway_panther
May 14th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Tagging in and crossing my fingers!

hannahptrussell
May 14th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Tagging in and crossing my fingers!

This just made me crack up laughing. I’m fresh off of the positive test. Heading in for bloodwork to check hormone levels and thyroid this afternoon. I’m teetering between anxiety & fear. This will be my last pregnancy, no matter the outcome. I feel like there’s even more pressure now. Eek. Trying to remain calm and focused on positive things!!!
I’m exhausted, heartburn has crept in, and I’m having pulling and twinges in my lower abdomen. I’m declaring all of these things GOOD news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABC.2606
May 14th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Hannah - :fingers: for good news from the bloodwork!!!!!!

hannahptrussell
May 15th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Bloodwork numbers on 11dpo: hcg 25, progesterone 14.4
Good? Low? Too soon to tell?
Repeating on Wednesday

ABC.2606
May 15th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Hannah - It sounds low but maybe not for 11 dpo as that's still really, really early, and not everyone even has a positive HPT by that point! But I know it's the Wednesday number that's more important because it will show how much it's increasing. If you've doubled/more than doubled by Wednesday that's a good sign! As far as the progesterone, I think that's OK, I've read that some doctors like to see it above 20 but I think technically anything above 10 is considered sufficient. And again, 11 dpo is so early it may be higher in a few days. With my first two m/c's, my progesterone at 14 dpo was 9, which was def not a good sign!

Have you taken any more FRERs?

ABC.2606
May 15th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Here's one website with info on HCG: https://www.advancedfertility.com/earlypre.htm

According to one study on here the average HCG @ 14 dpo was 48.

hannahptrussell
May 15th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Here's one website with info on HCG: https://www.advancedfertility.com/earlypre.htm

According to one study on here the average HCG @ 14 dpo was 48.

Thank you so much. I was surprised it was 25 but the tests aren’t super dark so I guess that makes sense. So I had a barely there 72 hours before my bloodwork. If the FRER indeed picks up very low hcg, then it looks to be doubling nicely. We’ll see with tomorrow’s bloodwork!

ABC.2606
May 15th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Yea I think FRER picks up an HCG of like, 5 or something so it's very sensitive!! Hope you get a great number tomorrow!!

Throwaway_panther
May 16th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Hannah, you are so early I'd think that HCG is just fine! Your progesterone is middling -- I've heard some say they want anything over 10 before a BFP, and others say at LEAST 15 is preferable, but I'm also sort of a believer in progesterone being not the golden rule that people think... is it possible for you to get on some supplementation just to be safe?

Throwaway_panther
May 16th, 2018, 11:45 AM

HB and measuring right on time! Going to resist Ramzi as much as possible....!!!

ABC.2606
May 16th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Awesome picture!!! This seems like it would be a hard one to make a Ramzi guess on anyways since it doesn't seem real clear where the placenta is... Kinda looks like it's at the bottom as that's where the brightest spot is. But so exciting!

LMSM
May 16th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Fab news, your jelly bean looks perfect! Do you now wait for the 1st trim scan TP?
I saw you will be doing NIPT, so you will have confirmation in a matter of less than a month that baby is perfect :) fx for you!

LMSM
May 16th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Fab news, your jelly bean looks perfect! Do you now wait for the 1st trim scan TP?
I saw you will be doing NIPT, so you will have confirmation in a matter of less than a month that baby is perfect :) fx for you!

Throwaway_panther
May 16th, 2018, 01:29 PM

I get another scan in 2 weeks! Which I am grateful for -- I won't rest easy without more scans, and I told them as much :P

hannahptrussell
May 16th, 2018, 02:25 PM
You sound just like me in my last pregnancy! I was like, “give me ALL the scans!”
She definitely got me on Prometrium ASAP. My progesterone was about the same level with my last pregnancy and I continued the Prometrium through the first trimester. I’m so nervous about today’s bloodwork. I know I just need to chill. But man, can we worry or what?! I’ve just been praying and praying for those numbers to be rising!

hannahptrussell
May 16th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Of course I did another FRER today mid-day. It was immediately positive within 15 seconds so I’m hoping that’s a great sign that things are progressing nicely!
I’m so thrilled you saw that little heart fluttering away. Instant love with that one! [emoji7]

Throwaway_panther
May 16th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Of course I did another FRER today mid-day. It was immediately positive within 15 seconds so I’m hoping that’s a great sign that things are progressing nicely!
I’m so thrilled you saw that little heart fluttering away. Instant love with that one! [emoji7]

Aww thank you! And I hope you feel calmer with your HPT! I only stopped once I took one where the test line was way darker than the control haha... it's exhausting to be pregnant after so much loss!!

Fingers crossed so hard for you!!

ABC.2606
May 16th, 2018, 02:44 PM

That's great, Hannah! FX for your bloodwork!!!

hannahptrussell
May 16th, 2018, 06:03 PM
My numbers doubled! My general dr tried to tell my numbers were low. I almost told him to hush. They doubled. They’re doing what they are supposed to do. So now we just take it day by day and pray for a heartbeat!!!

hannahptrussell
May 19th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Ladies, how do you do this after multiple miscarriages? I am so anxious and nervous and analyzing ALL OF THE THINGS. I worry about not feeling all of the symptoms, check the paper every single time I go, and just generally microscoping every detail. Please if anyone has any helpful advice on how to deal?!

Throwaway_panther
May 19th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Therapy? Haha. But really -- I'm going regularly as always, but it's been hard. I feel ok after each scan for maybe 2 days... then I'm right back to panicking and anxious.

I honestly just keep trying to distract myself. The lack of symptoms for me helps this, even when it also makes me stress. We realized for me that the prednisone they have me on *just in case* we were dealing with an immune issue for loss, is why I have no nausea. But I barely have breast pain (seriously 5 seconds a day maybe!), no fatigue, etc., no food aversions, and so on. If I wasn't having what I swear is some early round ligament pain, or hadn't seen two scans, I would be questioning if I was pregnant!!

I think the best we can do is rant and lean on each other here!

hannahptrussell
May 19th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Oh girl, just answering me helped tremendously. Knowing I’m not alone in this is huge! That makes sense with the prednisone. I’m on Prometrium now since my progesterone was on the lower side of normal. Just in case. I think talking to someone is a great idea. I may call around or even ask a couple of friends if I can’t just talk when needed. This board helps so much too! Thank you!

Pbn3
May 20th, 2018, 04:53 AM
Hannah that's fab news your numbers doubled! Honestly I didn't allow myself to believe I was going to keep my last pregnancy until after my 12w scan and results from NIPT came back all clear. I kept expecting to see blood every damn time I went to the toilet and could not stop myself checking each time. I'm pretty sure I continued doing so until well into the pregnancy lol. I think by about 18 weeks or so I finally started to relax and feel confident. It may take time but give yourself a break, it's ok to worry and have fears. Just try and not let them overwhelm you. In time you will start letting go of the fear and anxiety but it'll happen when you're ready [emoji173]

Tp what a beatiful sight [emoji7] I'm so very happy for you! One of those heart swelling moments seeing your post [emoji173]

Throwaway_panther
May 20th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Hannah that's fab news your numbers doubled! Honestly I didn't allow myself to believe I was going to keep my last pregnancy until after my 12w scan and results from NIPT came back all clear. I kept expecting to see blood every damn time I went to the toilet and could not stop myself checking each time. I'm pretty sure I continued doing so until well into the pregnancy lol. I think by about 18 weeks or so I finally started to relax and feel confident. It may take time but give yourself a break, it's ok to worry and have fears. Just try and not let them overwhelm you. In time you will start letting go of the fear and anxiety but it'll happen when you're ready [emoji173]

Tp what a beatiful sight [emoji7] I'm so very happy for you! One of those heart swelling moments seeing your post [emoji173]

This is definitely me so far! DH caught me inspecting my toilet paper after a wee and looked sort of sad/laughing, and I just said, "I'm going to be doing this awhile!!"

And thank you Pb :) It means a lot to me that you guys on here are rooting for me and this baby! The few close friends I told meant well, but had some pretty cruel comments since I've had so much loss :/ Definitely haven't told family yet.

You were Team Green right?? But did NIPT? Could you share what you did, since I think I'm going to go the same route of NIPT for health but avoiding gender until birth.

hannahptrussell
May 20th, 2018, 12:27 PM
This is definitely me so far! DH caught me inspecting my toilet paper after a wee and looked sort of sad/laughing, and I just said, "I'm going to be doing this awhile!!"

And thank you Pb :) It means a lot to me that you guys on here are rooting for me and this baby! The few close friends I told meant well, but had some pretty cruel comments since I've had so much loss :/ Definitely haven't told family yet.

You were Team Green right?? But did NIPT? Could you share what you did, since I think I'm going to go the same route of NIPT for health but avoiding gender until birth.

I think you are so much stronger than I am. If we make it to bloodwork, I’ve told my husband that I want to open the envelope by myself in complete privacy so that I can have my moment. If it’s another boy, I have told myself that I will cherish this life and pregnancy. If it’s a girl, I can have my moment of bawling my eyes out in pure joy. Then I will let him do the same. Haha. Also, we have not told family either. We are a faith-based family so we have told a few couples who we know are in complete support and will pray for us daily. Family is a whole different issue for us as well. It would be our 5th...when they weren’t even that excited about our 3rd!! Oh my. I think it’s one of those things that will be the hardest for us. We just fully expect negativity. And that’s hard to look forward to.

Throwaway_panther
May 20th, 2018, 02:48 PM
I think you are so much stronger than I am. If we make it to bloodwork, I’ve told my husband that I want to open the envelope by myself in complete privacy so that I can have my moment. If it’s another boy, I have told myself that I will cherish this life and pregnancy. If it’s a girl, I can have my moment of bawling my eyes out in pure joy. Then I will let him do the same. Haha. Also, we have not told family either. We are a faith-based family so we have told a few couples who we know are in complete support and will pray for us daily. Family is a whole different issue for us as well. It would be our 5th...when they weren’t even that excited about our 3rd!! Oh my. I think it’s one of those things that will be the hardest for us. We just fully expect negativity. And that’s hard to look forward to.

Trust me, this is not a strength thing at all! I was in a very, very bad place with DD. Truly wanted to terminate and ultimately didn't because of DH and because it was, afterall, only our first kid.

But it was a bad 9 months, especially since I was so sure she was a girl and DH felt she was a girl from the day of BFP.

Obviously I am forever thankful I kept her, but I always SWORE I would find out gender with NIPT and terminate if it was another girl because I couldn't put myself or my family through that again. I was literally suicidal at times.

The karmaic joke was on me that I'd end up having 7 natural losses then failures of IVF cycles. And now faced with my DD CONSTANTLY talking about and obsessed with babies and me realizing this is my last possible kid in my 20s, I realize I need to not know so I don't go through the same depression I did with DD.

I know, deep down, I will love a girl also. But I also know that I can't afford to know for sure early and face those feelings -- I don't trust myself to soldier through, or not harm myself. I have the niggling feelings of, "DH is only getting older and there doesn't look like much hope beyond this baby, based on everything we went through before this," and, "I had my first baby for DH. Now I'm having this one for DD. Do I ever get to have a baby for myself, or live for myself?"

But I need to almost just ignore that I AM pregnant and just make it to 40 weeks.

Sorry I had such a rambling mess of emotions! I just want to stress that I am NOT strong! If I was, I'd find out -- I'm too much of a coward to find out this is a girl and deal with those feelings :(

And I'm so sorry you'd get negativity from others :( That truly is so cruel of other people. We would get some too for a second DD without a DS, I know, too :( I wish people could just be... human for once.

Pbn3
May 20th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Yes team green TP! I had NIPT done and also ticked the gender box on the form. That way if I waivered on finding out or not I had the option of super accuracy via bw and wouldn't be relying on a gender scan. I only nearly rang to find out once, after my 12w scan. I'd seen both a boyish and girlish looking nub (and luckily I'm not great at reading them unless they're super obvious [emoji23]) but after a couple days I was back to team green very strongly.

I have to say that I didn't particularly have a gender preference by then. Maybe I did deep down and didn't face it but I got to the stage where I was almost hoping for a third boy to take the pressure off hoping for a girl if that makes sense... I knew for me that not finding out was best for me. It allowed me to enjoy my pregnancy rather than be focused on gender but that doesn't work for everyone. I feel so much empathy for you ladies who are struggling with the thought of GD [emoji17] there truly isn't a more complex, mind f?*king emotion out there I'm sure!!! I am so so happy though that there is a safe place to share it (this site) and if not work through it then at least have somewhere to let it out so its not all bottled up and becoming destructive. [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

hannahptrussell
May 21st, 2018, 09:29 AM
Ladies. Both of these comments really made me look back at my last pregnancy and see that maybe I really did struggle with GD after finding out early. I was depressed and immediately found out I had Hyperemesis. Ugh. I really think it was a direct relation to being disappointed that it wasn’t a girl. I may need to really consider every option this round. I do think it will help tremendously knowing that this is it. There is no more try.

ABC.2606
May 21st, 2018, 08:58 PM
Ladies - just popping in to say I understand and I wish there were easier answers for how to deal with GD. I struggled a lot with it too after finding out DS2 was a boy - even after he was born. I was never diagnosed but really believe that I had some degree of PPD, which I think was likely caused in part by GD (and a few other things, like a traumatic birth and breastfeeding struggles). It's interesting looking back at that now because he really, really is the perfect fit for our family - so unique and different from his brother but they are also the best of friends and I couldn't imagine them not having each other to grow up with. But as much as I adore him I still have so much anxiety and sadness over not having a daughter. I told the others on the TWW board this already but I saw on FB yesterday that a friend of mine is having a girl after two boys and when I saw that I just lost it - sobbed for a good half an hour and vented to DH. It just feels so unfair sometimes. But like Pbn reminded me I don't know all of my friend's story and maybe she too had difficulty conceiving or losses or whatever as well but it just hit me REALLY hard. This morning I woke up way too early and was laying in bed thinking about how hard it's going to be if I get pregnant again and find out it's a boy and how I really don't know how I'll handle it. In the past week it's like my GD has reared it's ugly head in a really strong way and it's making me not even want to be pregnant again because I don't want to deal with the anxiety and disappointment. I think the extreme fatigue I'm feeling right now after the past year of swaying and multiple miscarriages (as you all understand as well) just makes it that much harder to deal with too.

Anyways - praying and hoping that both of your pregnancies continue to progress well. Do you have any scans scheduled soon? I have no advice on the finding out gender thing as I honestly don't know what I would/will do about that either if I get pregnant again. I hope though that you'll be able to sort through all the options and figure out the best one for you in the coming weeks!

hannahptrussell
May 23rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
Hi ladies! I’d love your opinion on a speed bump we are hitting. We have a close family friend who has been ttc for a couple of years. Unexplained secondary infertility. She is wonderful and we have encouraged each other through both of our journeys. She knows that we are either pregnant or done ttc. How should I share our news? Her husband is currently deployed and she is struggling with a lot of different BIG emotions. I don’t want to exclude her from this knowledge and then feel blindsided when we do tell her. I feel like dinner is better. Any advice?

Pbn3
May 23rd, 2018, 04:32 PM
How soon until her husband is back hannah? If it's doable I'd probably wait until she has him back to turn to for support. She will be happy for you but devasted for herself and will need to have a shoulder to cry on. Not that she couldn't on yours of course but she likely wouldn't (I wouldn't) as she wont want to dampen your happiness as such. Hope that makes sense [emoji4]

ABC.2606
May 23rd, 2018, 10:05 PM
Hannah I agree with Pbn's suggestion if it's doable. That's a tough situation to be in I'm sure.

WOW I'm exhausted today. Took an hour or so nap and still want to sleep. And I'm HOT - like face flushed, temp running higher than normal (not fever but close). I'm pretty sure both of those issues are progesterone-related. I had both early in my last pregnancy and I know my progesterone was really high then. I'm guessing it's high again this time because of the Clomid. TP - your progesterone is high this time too yea? Do you find it makes you sleepy and hot??

hannahptrussell
May 23rd, 2018, 11:21 PM
I’m on progesterone and seem a little hotter than usual. Our home is kept at a cool 68 degrees at night and I’m kickin off covers like it’s 90 in the house!

ABC.2606
May 23rd, 2018, 11:56 PM
Yea I think it must be progesterone... it's very odd for me bc I'm normally always cold!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Kelbear
May 24th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Tentatively saying hi and hoping it's ok if I join you in this due date thread. Was too scared to jump in until I had my first scan as very worried I will lose this Bub. Saw heart beat and Bub for the first time today, measuring 6 w 5 days. Hoping that you are both doing ok Hannah and throwaway panther, getting through the first 12 weeks is nail biting and i find the anxiety doesn't get a lot better after that. Hannah I thought it was just me that checked the toilet paper every time, last pregnancy I checked the whole 9 months as I had bleeding and spotting from 8-14 weeks and never felt safe after that thinking it was going to start again any time.

Throwaway_panther
May 24th, 2018, 06:25 AM
Tentatively saying hi and hoping it's ok if I join you in this due date thread. Was too scared to jump in until I had my first scan as very worried I will lose this Bub. Saw heart beat and Bub for the first time today, measuring 6 w 5 days. Hoping that you are both doing ok Hannah and throwaway panther, getting through the first 12 weeks is nail biting and i find the anxiety doesn't get a lot better after that. Hannah I thought it was just me that checked the toilet paper every time, last pregnancy I checked the whole 9 months as I had bleeding and spotting from 8-14 weeks and never felt safe after that thinking it was going to start again any time.

I'm so happy to see you here and that first scan was good!!

I've been running to check toilet after EVERY pregnancy -- even with DD (especially since I had SO much discharge with her, I always thought it was blood). With this pregnancy I constantly wear light colored underwear and MAKE myself pee all the time to constantly be reassured there's no blood -- I feel nuts!! I was just telling someone on here that I was terrified last night because I was cramping on and off. I read about accommodation pain happening 8-12 weeks with pregnancies after number 1, so could have been that -- but I also turned out to be gassy!! I didn't know it was gas related until I had some "movement" if you get my drift!!

Looks like we'll hopefully have lots of rainbow babies in this DD group!! And now ABC is pregnant too :) I'm excited and cautiously optimistic for all of us!

Throwaway_panther
May 24th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Hi ladies! I’d love your opinion on a speed bump we are hitting. We have a close family friend who has been ttc for a couple of years. Unexplained secondary infertility. She is wonderful and we have encouraged each other through both of our journeys. She knows that we are either pregnant or done ttc. How should I share our news? Her husband is currently deployed and she is struggling with a lot of different BIG emotions. I don’t want to exclude her from this knowledge and then feel blindsided when we do tell her. I feel like dinner is better. Any advice?

Oh wow, that's definitely hard. I've been on the other end for sure (though not necessarily second infertility -- just tons of loss). How far along are you again? I personally would wait until you're definitely out of the first trimester. I think if her husband comes home to support her when you tell her too would help!

I know I was absolutely crushed when people told me they were pregnant right after my losses, especially when I thought some of these people were done/not going to be expecting soon (one friend had TWO announcements in the time since I had my DD to me, and told me right after I lost my spontaneous twins -- I was gutted!; literally the next week after, my cousin who had a 6 year old who had been very vocal about not having anymore after a traumatic birth with her first. That was a bad month!)

But I also know NOT telling said friend until it's very obvious (especially if you see her alot) can be just as hard -- I think doing something for her along with telling her, or maybe including her as much as you could in your words (my one friend stressed how sorry she was for what I was going through and wished we could be going through it together, for example) when you finally tell her.

I feel for both of you! It's so hard to be in either position :( I want you to be able to tell who you want freely and have support -- I also just know how immensely demoralizing it was to hear that sort of news for me during the last year or two :( But I know you've had losses, so you need support too. It's so hard!

Throwaway_panther
May 24th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Hannah I agree with Pbn's suggestion if it's doable. That's a tough situation to be in I'm sure.

WOW I'm exhausted today. Took an hour or so nap and still want to sleep. And I'm HOT - like face flushed, temp running higher than normal (not fever but close). I'm pretty sure both of those issues are progesterone-related. I had both early in my last pregnancy and I know my progesterone was really high then. I'm guessing it's high again this time because of the Clomid. TP - your progesterone is high this time too yea? Do you find it makes you sleepy and hot??

I'm totally hot!!! And I am ways cold normally -- last night I could barely sleep because of how hot I felt, and I swear I've had hot flashes throughout this pregnancy!! Though my feet are still cold, as my husband can attest too haha

Not sleepy, but I know that's a normal progesterone symptom! That falls into my, "Where are my symptoms?" concern unless the steroid is keeping me from being tired (though I am falling asleep very quickly when I go to bed!)

Throwaway_panther
May 24th, 2018, 07:51 AM
How soon until her husband is back hannah? If it's doable I'd probably wait until she has him back to turn to for support. She will be happy for you but devasted for herself and will need to have a shoulder to cry on. Not that she couldn't on yours of course but she likely wouldn't (I wouldn't) as she wont want to dampen your happiness as such. Hope that makes sense [emoji4]

I agree with this! I also don't know if I'd do it over dinner. Giving her a chance to process the news on her own might be better.

ABC.2606
May 24th, 2018, 09:38 AM

Congrats Kelbear!! When are you due?

I had spotting in my 1st tri with DS1 and full bleeding in my 2nd tri with DS2 and it was terrifying! No cause found - but yea definitely scary!

ABC.2606
May 24th, 2018, 09:42 AM
I'm totally hot!!! And I am ways cold normally -- last night I could barely sleep because of how hot I felt, and I swear I've had hot flashes throughout this pregnancy!! Though my feet are still cold, as my husband can attest too haha

Not sleepy, but I know that's a normal progesterone symptom! That falls into my, "Where are my symptoms?" concern unless the steroid is keeping me from being tired (though I am falling asleep very quickly when I go to bed!)

I didn't have any sleepiness with my boys. Who knows - pregnancy is weird! :)

Throwaway_panther
May 24th, 2018, 11:12 AM
I didn't have any sleepiness with my boys. Who knows - pregnancy is weird! :)

And I was sleepy with DD (I even used to nap, which I had trouble doing even when sleep deprived after she was born -- I have never been a napper!)!

Let's hope it means you're having a girl and I'm having a boy, haha ;)

ABC.2606
May 24th, 2018, 12:10 PM
And I was sleepy with DD (I even used to nap, which I had trouble doing even when sleep deprived after she was born -- I have never been a napper!)!

Let's hope it means you're having a girl and I'm having a boy, haha ;)

I'm already convinced it's a boy! LOL so we're in the same mindset - both convinced we're having opposites!

Kelbear
May 25th, 2018, 02:45 AM
Congrats Kelbear!! When are you due?

I had spotting in my 1st tri with DS1 and full bleeding in my 2nd tri with DS2 and it was terrifying! No cause found - but yea definitely scary!

Thanks ABC and congratulation to you too. My tentative due date is 12 th January. I am not sure how accurate that is as we were not currently ttc, was in the process of trying to talk DH around to the idea of No. 3 when this little surprise came along I think due to a bad bout of gastro, antibiotics and starting antidepressants for PND messing with the effectiveness of my pill. Although a surprise this little Bub will be very very much loved and wanted. Am prepared for boy no.3 as wasn't properly swaying just doing relaxed PCOS Le diet since Jan but with lots of cheats as did a kitchen sink sway last time which resulted in my beautiful sway opposite (whom is adored by us all especially his brother) so was trying not to get so obsessive this time especially as I didn't know whether DH would ever be onboard so wasn't putting my life on hold but regretting that now, especially as I had coffee with milk and sugar every morning and didn't exercise as didn't have much weight spare. If this is another little man he will be very much loved my his big brothers. Torn as to whether to find out gender or go team green. Was obvious with DS 2 from 12 week nub that he was all boy and although we told the tech at our 20 week scan we didn't want to know gender he flashed us anyway and there was no mistaking his boy bits. This sort of ruined my last pregnancy so thinking maybe we will try for team green again and hope Bub is more modest

hannahptrussell
May 25th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Congratulations Kel & ABC! So glad to have a couple more ladies in here!
Thank you all for your help with my speed bump. I decided that since we will see each other weekly, to tell her via text first. I wrestled with the personal part of this, but I wanted her to process the news on her own in a safe space. I’m praying that this news doesn’t devastate her. It also is happening at a time when we are all super supportive of her current situation. I don’t ever want to steal away from her journey.
Kel, I think we may be team green. One girl and 3 boys, I think I may really want to enjoy this last pregnancy. And also I feel like it gives an element of surprise that is just not there with baby #5! We’ll see if my willpower can wait.

ABC.2606
May 25th, 2018, 11:52 AM
My 11 dpo line ladies. I'm getting excited!! With my 3 miscarriages the lines weren't nearly so dark this early. I'm hoping that in my case this is a good sign!! I also did a CB digital yesterday and it said pregnant! I'm going for my first beta on Tuesday.

Only thing is I already feel strongly that it's a boy so that's making me anxious...

Kelbear sounds like with the sickness and light sway diet you do have some pink factors going on so fx you get your girl! I don't know if we'll find out or not - probably will but I feel torn.

Hannah I hope telling your friend goes well! I'm sure it will be hard but I know she'll be grateful about how sensitive you are trying to be about it!

TP how are you feeling?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180525/dcb2c2945c4cf31f4923ed91ed7bca45.jpg

Throwaway_panther
May 25th, 2018, 07:17 PM
That line is BEAUTIFUL at 11DPO ABC! I swear I feel like this is your girl, and I honestly usually have a good read on other people's pregnancies :P

And thank you for asking about me! I actually found myself incredibly anxious today. People in my loss groups who had similar EDDs have all been having bad news scans or finding out baby stopped growing around 8 weeks (where I am now) despite HB... so I've been so scared. Plus I rescheduled DH's urology appointment and worried I jinxed us by doing that? Which I know is irrational! One more week until next scan -- and it will be a looong week.

I did actually have the slightest touches of nausea today. Hoping I'm not self deluding with it! Anytime I felt my breasts hurt today I literally said, "Thank you god" lol! Plus weird sex dream last night... a classic symptom for me, haha. And peeing at least once a night!

It's definitely amazing to me how much i don't care about gender in these moments. I am still so, so desperate for my son... but I would do anything for this baby to make it, regardless of gender. Maybe there's a cosmic reason for this anxiety lol... distracts me from the GD!

ABC.2606
May 25th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Thanks TP - I hope you are right about it being a girl!! I'm just so in awe of my FRERs right now. I'm thinking within the next day or two the test line will be as dark as the control (yes, I have a POAS addiction!). Really hoping my numbers are good next week.

Oh that's awful (the losses on your loss boards). So sad. I don't understand why some women have to go through that multiple times. And especially after a heartbeat is found too :( My DH was really glad with our last loss that we didn't see a heartbeat before we lost it - he feels like that would have made it much worse and he's probably right. But he's still traumatized from those two ultrasounds we had - he's already said that if we make it to a first ultrasound this time he doesn't want to go because he's worried there wont be heartbeat again. He'll go, and I know he wants to, he's just scared like I am after what happened last time. Ugh - so hard to feel calm and secure in pregnancy after going through loss :( :( I really wish it didn't have to be that way!

Ooooh come on nausea!!!!! And LOL I poke my nipples multiple times a day to see if they are sore (which they are only very slightly at this point). Yea it's crazy the alternating feelings between gender anxiety and anxiety over baby being ok. I feel it too!!

Kelbear
May 26th, 2018, 12:43 AM
That is an amazing line for 11dpo ABC, hoping your bloods come back good, feeling positive for you with that line! Hoping you can get through til you first scan without too much anxiety but it is completely understandable given your previous losses. I have always felt very anxious going into scans as so worried I won't see a heart beat. Nothing seems to help get over that fear. Hoping everyone else (hannah, tp) is doing ok and bring on scans with healthy growing beans with strong heartbeats.

Kelbear
May 26th, 2018, 12:48 AM
I completely understand the anxiety of gender desire mixed with just wanting Bub to be healthy. I just want this Bub to keep growing and be healthy but that doesn't stop the anxiety over this Bub being another boy and never having my little girl as this is definitely our last baby - DH is likely to book in to get the snip before Bub even born just to make sure!

Throwaway_panther
May 26th, 2018, 02:51 AM
I completely understand the anxiety of gender desire mixed with just wanting Bub to be healthy. I just want this Bub to keep growing and be healthy but that doesn't stop the anxiety over this Bub being another boy and never having my little girl as this is definitely our last baby - DH is likely to book in to get the snip before Bub even born just to make sure!

I totally understand. There's a good chance this is our last too, as there's no way I'd go through all of this again for a third :/ And I definitely still get anxious when I think about this being a girl -- I just think until at least 14 weeks or so, I'm just still anxious about this baby making it! I wish this whole process could be easier. It's hard to be a loss mom -- but boy is it hard to be a loss mom with GD!

I feel you both on the scans, too. I both dread and need it -- so scared for bad news yet so desperate for good news. ABC, I understand your DH's feelings, but I also hope he thinks of you and the support you need :(

Mommy2apples
May 26th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Abc I feel this is your girl too! [emoji4]ahh I’m
So excited for you! I prayed baby girl for you!! Eek so excited for all of you in here! So excited for yours and TP’s rainbow babies!!! I’m so excited to watch both of your journeys!!
I had so much anxiety with my ultrasounds too. I had only ever had two transvaginal ultrasounds and they were not good experiences for me, not until Emmalyn!! [emoji4] The lord finally answered my prayers for her and I know he’s doing the same for you!!

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

ABC.2606
May 26th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Abc I feel this is your girl too! [emoji4]ahh I’m
So excited for you! I prayed baby girl for you!! Eek so excited for all of you in here! So excited for yours and TP’s rainbow babies!!! I’m so excited to watch both of your journeys!!
I had so much anxiety with my ultrasounds too. I had only ever had two transvaginal ultrasounds and they were not good experiences for me, not until Emmalyn!! [emoji4] The lord finally answered my prayers for her and I know he’s doing the same for you!!

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017��due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

Thanks Mommy :) I'm so grateful for all your prayers and support over these many months. Thank you for praying!! Even my DS1 has started praying lately for a "girl baby" (he's only 5!). We haven't pushed or encouraged that - he just really wants a sister! So I really hope this one sticks, and that it's my girl! As you know from my PMs after the last loss I didn't even know if we'd try again - I was so heartbroken. So praying and hoping we don't have to go through that again.

Mommy2apples
May 26th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Thanks Mommy :) I'm so grateful for all your prayers and support over these many months. Thank you for praying!! Even my DS1 has started praying lately for a "girl baby" (he's only 5!). We haven't pushed or encouraged that - he just really wants a sister! So I really hope this one sticks, and that it's my girl! As you know from my PMs after the last loss I didn't even know if we'd try again - I was so heartbroken. So praying and hoping we don't have to go through that again.

I pray for you and a couple other mommas that you conceive your healthy baby girls! You know what there’s nothing more special and powerful then the prayers of a child! I just love that! My 9 year old and 5 year old prayed and hopes for their baby sister also! I know it’s heartbroken! When we went to the ultrasound my 5 year old said this is a good day! Because he got his baby sister he wanted!I believe this is finally your answered prayer!!

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

ABC.2606
May 26th, 2018, 04:09 PM
It's sooooo sweet when they pray for baby siblings, isn't it? My DS1 loved his little brother from the moment we brought him home - I know he would love having another sibling! DS2 may take longer to adjust to the idea LOL!!

Guys, my test line is now the same as the control at 12 dpo. This is starting to freak me out! Obviously there's the possibility of twins (which is even more possible as I was told I'd ovulate 2 eggs). But then my mind goes to what if it's a chromosome problem causing the high hcg or something like a molar pregnancy. Ugggghh why I don't care about these stupid tests so much?!

TP how far were you when you had your first scan? It was earlier than 6 weeks, right? Mommy you had an early one too yea? I think I want to ask for the earliest scan that they will give me!!

Throwaway_panther
May 26th, 2018, 04:18 PM
It's sooooo sweet when they pray for baby siblings, isn't it? My DS1 loved his little brother from the moment we brought him home - I know he would love having another sibling! DS2 may take longer to adjust to the idea LOL!!

Guys, my test line is now the same as the control at 12 dpo. This is starting to freak me out! Obviously there's the possibility of twins (which is even more possible as I was told I'd ovulate 2 eggs). But then my mind goes to what if it's a chromosome problem causing the high hcg or something like a molar pregnancy. Ugggghh why I don't care about these stupid tests so much?!

TP how far were you when you had your first scan? It was earlier than 6 weeks, right? Mommy you had an early one too yea? I think I want to ask for the earliest scan that they will give me!!

A dark line is GOOD! Don't fret!!! Honestly I think it's because of that little bit of science saying girls tends to have more HCG early! I wouldn't be jumping to a molar pregnancy, especially because those are sooo rare! I think you should push for an early scan just for your wellbeing! My first one was 5w5d and I'm so glad I went in when I did! In fact, I felt better after my 5w5d one than my 6w6d one lol (I think because I was so scared of the 6-8 week period from my previous losses).

And I hear you all on our kids and siblings. Anytime I remotely waver on this pregnancy because of my fears of another girl, I think of my DD's almost pathologica obsession with babies and remember I need to do this for her -- she needs a sibling. I hope your sons get their baby sisters!

Mommy2apples
May 26th, 2018, 04:28 PM

It is sweet, when they are so involved!

I feel everything is great with you and baby.

I had my first scan at and was only measuring 5 weeks 6 days should’ve been 6 weeks 2 days, they only seen a sac the first time. I was scared. They had me come back the following week and there was this sweet little blob measuring only 2 days behind from where I should’ve been and her little heartbeat fluttering away and was the most beautiful sight and a shed a couple of tears. Things were finally looking up:

Mommy2apples
May 26th, 2018, 04:30 PM
A dark line is GOOD! Don't fret!!! Honestly I think it's because of that little bit of science saying girls tends to have more HCG early! I wouldn't be jumping to a molar pregnancy, especially because those are sooo rare! I think you should push for an early scan just for your wellbeing! My first one was 5w5d and I'm so glad I went in when I did! In fact, I felt better after my 5w5d one than my 6w6d one lol (I think because I was so scared of the 6-8 week period from my previous losses).

And I hear you all on our kids and siblings. Anytime I remotely waver on this pregnancy because of my fears of another girl, I think of my DD's almost pathologica obsession with babies and remember I need to do this for her -- she needs a sibling. I hope your sons get their baby sisters!

When do you get to find out what baby is tp?? Prayers this is your sweet little guy!!

ABC.2606
May 26th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reassurance ladies! :) DH just looked at the test and goes "Yea the test line is actually darker than the control". :worry: I know I shouldn't let my mind go to something like a molar as those are so rare but it's hard after the past year to think things are actually going right!! Funny thing is with my 3 m/c's I was so stressed out that my tests were not darkening enough or fast enough (and with the 1st and 2nd m/cs, that really was a bad sign as my hormones weren't doing what they should), and now that it's darkening SO fast I'm freaking out just the same LOL!!! I'm trying to remind myself that b/c I got a BFP at 8 dpo, the bean must have implanted very early and thus that's likely why it's so dark already.

I will ask them on Tuesday when I go in for blood work when I can do the first scan and will tell them that I'm anxious and would like to do one as soon as I can. Unfortunately I will only be 4 weeks on Tuesday so even if I had one at 5 1/2 weeks that feels like a long time away!

TP - I sooooooooo hope this is your boy (and still think you have a great shot at it being so!) but you are right that no matter what if you're DD is wanting a baby this much then she will LOVE having a sibling - boy or girl!! As bad as I have had GD over the last couple of years (and I had a lot of it with DS2), it really has been the coolest thing watching my boys together. I honestly feel like DS1 was so meant to have a little brother and I feel like they really will be lifelong buddies. They are very different, and they fight all the time now (almost always over toys!), but they are just so, so cute together. IF your baby is girl I know your DD will love having a sister and it will be really fun to watch them together (and they'll fight too LOL!).

BUT doesn't matter because you're going to have a boy!!! :)

Throwaway_panther
May 26th, 2018, 05:01 PM
When do you get to find out what baby is tp?? Prayers this is your sweet little guy!!

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017��due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

Thank you!!
I'm pretty sure we're going Team Green! I feel it's mostly a girl and will just convince myself of that for the next 32 weeks and maybe (probably not!) will be pleasantly surprised at delivery haha. I just don't want it confirmed girl and to deal with the depression I did with DD :(

Throwaway_panther
May 26th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the reassurance ladies! :) DH just looked at the test and goes "Yea the test line is actually darker than the control". :worry: I know I shouldn't let my mind go to something like a molar as those are so rare but it's hard after the past year to think things are actually going right!! Funny thing is with my 3 m/c's I was so stressed out that my tests were not darkening enough or fast enough (and with the 1st and 2nd m/cs, that really was a bad sign as my hormones weren't doing what they should), and now that it's darkening SO fast I'm freaking out just the same LOL!!! I'm trying to remind myself that b/c I got a BFP at 8 dpo, the bean must have implanted very early and thus that's likely why it's so dark already.

I will ask them on Tuesday when I go in for blood work when I can do the first scan and will tell them that I'm anxious and would like to do one as soon as I can. Unfortunately I will only be 4 weeks on Tuesday so even if I had one at 5 1/2 weeks that feels like a long time away!

TP - I sooooooooo hope this is your boy (and still think you have a great shot at it being so!) but you are right that no matter what if you're DD is wanting a baby this much then she will LOVE having a sibling - boy or girl!! As bad as I have had GD over the last couple of years (and I had a lot of it with DS2), it really has been the coolest thing watching my boys together. I honestly feel like DS1 was so meant to have a little brother and I feel like they really will be lifelong buddies. They are very different, and they fight all the time now (almost always over toys!), but they are just so, so cute together. IF your baby is girl I know your DD will love having a sister and it will be really fun to watch them together (and they'll fight too LOL!).

BUT doesn't matter because you're going to have a boy!!! :)

I'm hoping this is a case where everyone else around me is right, haha -- one of my bffs is convinced it's a boy, and DH thinks so too (and guessed DD was a girl at BFP correctly). But yes, as much as I want a boy, I don't want DD to grow up alone, and it was getting scary looking like that might happen with all our losses!

And I want you to know: i UNDERSTAND why your mind went there with the tests. Within 24 hours of my great beta at 15DPO, I had convinced myself it wasn't good enough and things were going to go south. You and I seriously sound so similar in how our anxieties work lol

Mommy2apples
May 26th, 2018, 05:07 PM
I understand that tp! I didn’t know how pbn did it, but she really was pleasantly surprised once Mara was here!!

ABC.2606
May 26th, 2018, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping this is a case where everyone else around me is right, haha -- one of my bffs is convinced it's a by, and DH thinks so too (and guessed DD was a girl at BFP correctly). But yes, as much as I want a boy, I don't want DD to grow up alone, and it was getting scary looking like that might happen with all our losses!

And I want you to know: i UNDERSTAND why your mind went there with the tests. Within 24 hours of my great beta at 15DPO, I had convinced myself it wasn't good enough and things were going to go south. You and I seriously sound so similar in how our anxieties work lol

Oh yea pregnancy anxiety has really become my worst enemy!!! It sucks!!!!

hannahptrussell
May 26th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Yay!!! I think we’re going team green!!! My husband and I talked about it and think it will be a blast to not tell anyone what we have until a “come & see party!” With this being number 5, I’m thinking this will add that fun level of suspense for friends and family. And I’ve always wanted a beautiful cream & white neutral nursery [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pbn3
May 28th, 2018, 03:30 PM
I understand that tp! I didn’t know how pbn did it, but she really was pleasantly surprised once Mara was here!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268aLol mommy2apples! I found it really easy once I made the solid decision to stay team green after the 12w scan. Didn't even feel tempted for the rest of the pregnancy and was able to really enjoy that last bub growing over 9 months. Made d-day so exciting not just for us but family too!

Abc I posted in the 2ww thread but again thinking of you as you approach your betas draw and have only positive thoughts [emoji173]

Hannah that sounds like a lot of fun! I'd totally do it!

Tp I'm hoping and sending so many blue dust thoughts your way [emoji170] how long until nipt blood draw?

Throwaway_panther
May 28th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Lol mommy2apples! I found it really easy once I made the solid decision to stay team green after the 12w scan. Didn't even feel tempted for the rest of the pregnancy and was able to really enjoy that last bub growing over 9 months. Made d-day so exciting not just for us but family too!

Abc I posted in the 2ww thread but again thinking of you as you approach your betas draw and have only positive thoughts [emoji173]

Hannah that sounds like a lot of fun! I'd totally do it!

Tp I'm hoping and sending so many blue dust thoughts your way [emoji170] how long until nipt blood draw?

This helps me feel better to hear too -- I have felt an immense lift of anxiety by deciding to go Team green and just... produce another living baby. Anytime I stress, I focus on the things to trick myself into keeping his pregnancy no matter what lol: 1. DD is obsessed with babies. Absolutely obsessed. She needs this baby. 2. This is the absolute tail end of the age gap range I wanted with DD. 3. This is my last possible baby in my 20s!

NIPT could be in a week and a half or so since I'm almost 9 weeks. Midwives said they would try and bill it for RPL and hopefully it would get covered -- i think they use Materniti 21. I'm just hoping my 9w1d scan this Friday goes well. I have been so anxious the last few days about this pregnancy.

Pbn3
May 28th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Will be eagerly awaiting your update Friday TP! Strange how the first trimester crawls and takes forever yet after that, in the blink of an eye, you're at 38 weeks [emoji849]

ABC.2606
May 28th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Well my pregnancy tests have not darkened much the past couple of days so I'm convinced something is wrong again. I know - it's stupid and paranoid. I do really hate that I worry so much - especially over lines on a freaking pregnancy test!

TP - Interesting, do you know if insurance companies will cover NIPT because of RPL? I've been thinking that I'd like to do it to at least know that baby is healthy (whether I would want to find out gender from it or not, I don't know). I haven't looked into it much or checked my insurance yet. I was thinking my doc might recommend it anyways given this past year of miscarriages and that I'll be 35 by time baby would be born.

But I shouldn't even be thinking that far ahead yet as I'm too worried about everything being ok right now!!!

Sounds like there may be a lot of Team Greens on this board!!! Fun!!!

Throwaway_panther
May 28th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Well my pregnancy tests have not darkened much the past couple of days so I'm convinced something is wrong again. I know - it's stupid and paranoid. I do really hate that I worry so much - especially over lines on a freaking pregnancy test!

TP - Interesting, do you know if insurance companies will cover NIPT because of RPL? I've been thinking that I'd like to do it to at least know that baby is healthy (whether I would want to find out gender from it or not, I don't know). I haven't looked into it much or checked my insurance yet. I was thinking my doc might recommend it anyways given this past year of miscarriages and that I'll be 35 by time baby would be born.

But I shouldn't even be thinking that far ahead yet as I'm too worried about everything being ok right now!!!

Sounds like there may be a lot of Team Greens on this board!!! Fun!!!

Ahhhh stop testing!! Those lines can only get so dark :P

Our office wasn't sure and gave me the code to call insurance to see since in their experience it cam get covered "for 35 or those otherwise at risk," which they and me arguably thought would be RPL. I just haven't called insurance yet because I wanted to get to this week's scan. Every step of this pregnancy makes me feel like I'm jinxing it! DH has started telling DD to be "careful around your little brother or sister" and talked about cribs and I wanted to scream! I'm so scared to think past anything until we're at least at 12 weeks, you know? Which is a real flip from previous pregnancies where I'd talk names or plans and DH would tell me not to get attached. Maybe my intuition really is shoddy...

hannahptrussell
May 28th, 2018, 07:39 PM
TP, I completely understand the “jinx” feeling. I’m trying to let go of those so I will just enjoy it. On a positive note, Carter’s just came out with a fantastic gender neutral layette line. I was there and just couldn’t help but look! Hopefully by having some awesome baby clothes available that aren’t yellow, I’ll be able to stay on the Team Green track. First scan is scheduled for June 11 and I’m nervous. So very nervous.

Verena
May 29th, 2018, 01:02 AM
TP have you thought about getting an at home fetal doppler? I have one and have found baby's heartbeat at 9w1d! It's such a relief to be able to hear baby's heart beating everytime I have a freak out moment (so once a day at the moment [emoji6]).

ABC I had the same with my tests! I think they were just saturated. If you remember I had an u/s at 5 weeks exactly showing the sac and from that point I at least didn't feel the need to test anymore at least. Maybe an early scan is an option?

I'm crossing my fingers for all of you ladies! [emoji173]️

6c8b58 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://fertilityfriend.com/home/6c8b58/)

[emoji170] 08/2014 [emoji170] 04/2016

hannahptrussell
May 29th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Verena, I did the at home Doppler with my last pregnancy. I would have a bad day and just go lay down and listen. It was such a nice break. And it eased my mind every time. They’re very affordable and I’ve had friends find the heartbeat around 8w although ALL of them told me to NoT freak out if I didn’t find it. Just be patient, try for about 10 min then take a breath and try again the next day. So...with that knowledge, I got mine around 10 weeks and found it within 10 sec after watching a YouTube video for how to look at that gestation. [emoji6]

Verena
May 29th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Exactly Hannah! And it makes me feel so much more connected to my baby and makes me realize that there's really a little human being in my belly. I cried tears of joy with each of my kids when I found their hartbeats for the first time [emoji4]

6c8b58 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://fertilityfriend.com/home/6c8b58/)

ABC.2606
May 29th, 2018, 01:39 PM
TP have you thought about getting an at home fetal doppler? I have one and have found baby's heartbeat at 9w1d! It's such a relief to be able to hear baby's heart beating everytime I have a freak out moment (so once a day at the moment [emoji6]).

ABC I had the same with my tests! I think they were just saturated. If you remember I had an u/s at 5 weeks exactly showing the sac and from that point I at least didn't feel the need to test anymore at least. Maybe an early scan is an option?

[emoji170] 08/2014 [emoji170] 04/2016Thanks Verena! I do remember your super early scan and how good things looked! I knew this would be your sticky bean!!

Should get my first beta number I a few hours... ahhh!!!

Throwaway_panther
May 29th, 2018, 02:05 PM

I thought home dopplars were better in the second tri? Wow, if you're all getting HBs that early on them that makes me excited! But I think they'd be such a bad idea for me, especially if I freaked and couldn't find it! I'm already so obsessive lol...

And excited for your beta ABC!

Georgia_Peach
May 29th, 2018, 02:46 PM
I still use one daily. It's the way I found out with my last baby that she passed and it's the way I use in this pregnancy to help reassure me that she's Alive. Helps reassure me. I found HB at 9 weeks.
I thought home dopplars were better in the second tri? Wow, if you're all getting HBs that early on them that makes me excited! But I think they'd be such a bad idea for me, especially if I freaked and couldn't find it! I'm already so obsessive lol...

And excited for your beta ABC!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Throwaway_panther
May 29th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Do you guys have any recommendations on which one to use? If you guys found HB at 9 weeks, I could be (hopefully) hearing one at home in 2 days!

Mommy2apples
May 29th, 2018, 03:16 PM
TP I couldn’t find Emmalyn’s until 12 weeks, but it’s so worth it and reassuring until they begin moving so you can feel them.

Mommy2apples
May 29th, 2018, 04:54 PM
I have sonoline b TP.

ABC.2606
May 29th, 2018, 05:51 PM
OMG. My HCG is 967. Progesterone is 36. I'm exactly 4 weeks today.

Not even sure how to react!

Mommy2apples
May 29th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Oh ABC!! I love this so much for you!
I felt the lord was answering this prayer!! Eek I could just hug you!! [emoji8]

ABC.2606
May 29th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Oh ABC!! I love this so much for you!
I felt the lord was answering this prayer!! Eek I could just hug you!! [emoji8]

Thanks Mommy!! I hope that it's a good thing and that baby (or babies? It's hard not to wonder with that HCG number!) is healthy!! I didn't expect it to be THAT high - I thought it would maybe be in the 500's or so!!!

Throwaway_panther
May 29th, 2018, 06:46 PM
They thought my HCG and progesterone was good at a third of that... I'm calling it now! You're having two girls!

Mommy2apples
May 29th, 2018, 06:47 PM
It’s great! I’m excited!!

ABC.2606
May 29th, 2018, 06:52 PM
They thought my HCG and progesterone was good at a third of that... I'm calling it now! You're having two girls!

LOL DH is honestly a bit freaked out about that possibility right now! I don't know - we'll see!! Still hoping it's not something terrible like a molar or something (I know, I know...). Going to be a looooooong 2 weeks until I can have a scan! Heck it's going to be a long two days until I go back for the next beta on Friday (I guess they do them every 72 hours).

kikurose
May 29th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Hi guys! Popping in to say I guess I should be here. I'm super awkward about posting here, but I should PROBABLY stop posting in the TWW.

I'm 4 weeks today according to LMP but Fertility Friend has me at 4 w 2 d based on early O. Probably easiest to use LMP?? What did you guys use?

As some of you know I'm in the middle of a 3,000 mile move, so I'm not sure when my appointment would be which is SO NERVEWRACKING> i've had several friends with losses recently and it's definitely made me anxious.

Throwaway_panther
May 29th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Hi guys! Popping in to say I guess I should be here. I'm super awkward about posting here, but I should PROBABLY stop posting in the TWW.

I'm 4 weeks today according to LMP but Fertility Friend has me at 4 w 2 d based on early O. Probably easiest to use LMP?? What did you guys use?

As some of you know I'm in the middle of a 3,000 mile move, so I'm not sure when my appointment would be which is SO NERVEWRACKING> i've had several friends with losses recently and it's definitely made me anxious.

Yay I'm glad you finally got over here! And wow, 3,000 miles - are you guys military?!

I for sure use my O because it seems to be nearly a week off of what LMP would put me. DD it was 6 days off, and this one has been 5 days, so I fudge my LMP lol. Yours are so close though that LMP would rarely be an issue!

kikurose
May 29th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Yay I'm glad you finally got over here! And wow, 3,000 miles - are you guys military?!

I for sure use my O because it seems to be nearly a week off of what LMP would put me. DD it was 6 days off, and this one has been 5 days, so I fudge my LMP lol. Yours are so close though that LMP would rarely be an issue!

Yes TP! We are military. Moving from overseas back to the states!

Yes close enough, you're right. But I always like those two days in the first trimester hahahaha. I'll probably do LMP because easy to remember.

ABC.2606
May 29th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Kiku - YAY you're here!!! And hey, as you've seen I still post in the TWW, so no worries! :) I feel like I forever belong there as I've been on that board for sooooooooo long!!!!

When will you actually be moved??? Hopefully it's not too much longer - I can't imagine the state of limbo you are in right now with all of this!! Hopefully you're able to get settled quickly - and are able to find a great doc and get an appointment booked!!!

Yea I wouldn't worry about the two day difference - I doubt a doctor would adjust your due date anyways if the dating scan was a couple of days off.

kikurose
May 30th, 2018, 03:25 AM
Thanks ABC!!!!! I know I’ve been there since Dec only but it feels like home 😂

We fly out this weekend and then move in next Thursday!! I really hope our stuff is there!!!!! It shipped out end of April so we have been living like nomads for a while. We moved out of our house last week and are now in a hotel room. It’s an adventure but I’m ready to settle!

I’ll definitely keep my due date, but I’m secretly going to use my two day O earlier one just during the first tri lmao. Just a little mental boost 😂😂😂

Verena
May 30th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I have sonoline b TP.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268aI have the sonoline b fetal doppler as well, it works really great for me. TP I would recommend starting to use it the day after you saw your baby's heartbeat during an ultrasound appointment. That way it's clear that baby is fine even if you don't find the heartbeat immediately.

Good luck for your appointment on friday!!!

Verena
May 30th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Huge congrats kikurose! [emoji2]

ABC wow, THAT is a high number indeed! I had betas taken at 15 dpo with DS2 and it was about 1/3 of your value. Do you have values of your DS1 or 2 to compare this value to? Maybe you're just a high beta producer ;-) or like the others suggested, there's more than just one bean inside of you. I'm sure everything will turn out just perfect for you! [emoji813]️

ABC.2606
May 30th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Thanks Verena! No I didn't have betas done with either DS. With DS1 I didn't test until 13 dpo and got a clear but light positive on a FRER, and didn't have any symptoms until 7-8 weeks. With DS2 my guess is that my HCG levels were a lot higher - I tested at 9 or 10 dpo, got a light positive, and was vomiting by about 5 1/2 weeks!! But, I really have no idea since I wasn't tested. I'm hoping that this one being so high is really just a sign that this is a healthy pregnancy, and that like you said maybe I'm a high HCG producer when the bean is healthy (as my numbers with my 3 m/c's were very low). Who knows though :) :)

How are you feeling? I can't remember if you said whether you've had much sickness this pregnancy.... How many weeks are you now?

hannahptrussell
May 30th, 2018, 04:12 PM
I love that I’m seeing some familiar names in here!! So exciting. I need to get my thyroid numbers checked out and I’m actually secretly wanting to check hcg as well. I know I just need to wait until that first scan. But so hard!
I’m going by O date for due date too. I feel like they always change my due date my about 6 days anyway on that first scan. I’m guessing it’s because I have a consistent 31 day cycle with O on the 18/21. So that would put me at 5 1/2 weeks. Occasionally nausea feeling and I’ve thrown up a couple of times. Burger and sugar. Baby Bee does NOT like those things. So I’m filling up daily on sonic ice water. The best ever.

Cassidy4
May 31st, 2018, 11:49 AM
Hi! I guess it’s time I join here! Hope it’s ok, even though I didn’t sway at all. I have a feeling I’m going to need to talk to others who understand gender disappointment. My SO tries to be supportive, but I don’t think he understands fully. I’m trying to not think about gender though because this is my last pregnancy and I want to soak it all in! I love being pregnant and babies and can’t imagine never going through it again! Congrats to everyone on their bfps!!!

kittendreams
May 31st, 2018, 05:17 PM
I'm joining too girls! Got my bfp yesterday at 9dpo and it's darker again today at 10dpo so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic!

So glad to have this forum to chat with people so openly. We aren't telling anyone until 12 weeks this time so it's going to be a long first trimester trying to hide it from everyone!
Cassidy this is our last also so I'm feeling at peace with gender as I know I can't change it now and I have no more chances so I think I'm best to just enjoy every moment I can xx every now and then my mind drifts to that magical place where I get my dd but I'm trying to just think that I'll get the baby that's meant for us and that helps.
Looking forward to flowing all you ladies on here and fx for sticky healthy babes for us all xx

Cassidy4
May 31st, 2018, 05:30 PM
I am trying to think of it as a boy already and if it ends up a girl I’m pleasantly surprised lol! This baby really wanted to be here so whatever it is, I know it was meant to be in our family :) Having a place like this to talk it out is great!

We won’t be telling anyone except a few friends probably for awhile either. My family thinks I should have stopped at two kids, and well this is #6 lol!

ABC.2606
May 31st, 2018, 05:46 PM
WOW this board has gotten busy all of the sudden!!! I told DH this morning, "5 GIRLS have gotten their BFPs on our TWW board in the past week!!" (I think it's 5? Kiku, Cassidy, Kitten, Jgojah, me - am I missing anyone?) Anyways - even he seemed pretty impressed LOL!!

Cassidy I understand - my side of the family has not been overly supportive of us adding a 3rd. They know we've been trying, as they know about my three miscarriages over the past year. It's been very hard because their lack of excitement about us having another child has made my going through the miscarriages even harder - and they weren't overly supportive during those losses either. Oh well. It is what it is!

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2018, 05:55 PM
WOW this board has gotten busy all of the sudden!!! I told DH this morning, "5 GIRLS have gotten their BFPs on our TWW board in the past week!!" (I think it's 5? Kiku, Cassidy, Kitten, Jgojah, me - am I missing anyone?) Anyways - even he seemed pretty impressed LOL!!

Even stranger, I had several BFP this morning and yesterday among the Custom Swayers many of whom don't post in the forums so add that many people again who are Custom Swayers only!

We do often get runs like this! I wish I had the ability to be testing everyone's hormones every month to unravel the magic!

ABC.2606
May 31st, 2018, 06:34 PM
Even stranger, I had several BFP this morning and yesterday among the Custom Swayers many of whom don't post in the forums so add that many people again who are Custom Swayers only!

We do often get runs like this! I wish I had the ability to be testing everyone's hormones every month to unravel the magic!

Interesting - apparently something was in the air this month making us all extra fertile!!

kikurose
May 31st, 2018, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone!!! SO happy to see you guys!!

ABC.2606
May 31st, 2018, 10:48 PM
TP - Praying for you tonight that your scan will go well tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear how little bean is doing :)

Throwaway_panther
June 1st, 2018, 11:01 AM
Thank you ABC!

Just got out, and things were good I guess. HB was strong but was measuring 2 days behind. Midwife assured me that's totally normal and within range, but DD always measured ahead so I'm already panicking that this is early indications of a problem. And they said NIPT is really hard to preauthorize under 35, even with our history of loss :( They literally said $5,000 USD!

Ugh, I was hoping I'd feel better from this scan and I don't! Plus she estimated HB in 150s, plus baby measuring small, makes me think this has to be a girl.

So much dumb stress. I wish I could have a drink!!!

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 11:31 AM
TP - None of that sounds bad to me! (Except for the NIPT thing - that sucks!) As far as health, a HB in the 150s seems really, really strong so that's great! I don't think 2 days behind is a big deal - is she measuring based on your LMP or when you think you O'd? Because you O'd later than CD14 right? And as I recall you aren't 100% sure what day it was? But either way I think 2 days is probably very normal.

As far gender the heartbeat thing I think is crap - girls apparently do have higher heart rates but only after birth, not in pregnancy! I do wonder if there is more to the size thing but probably not - my boys always measured ahead, but so did your DD!! And lots of babies of both genders measure behind!

Hugs!!! It'll be ok!!!! I'm with you about the drink though - I already miss my wine so much LOL!!!

Throwaway_panther
June 1st, 2018, 12:07 PM
TP - None of that sounds bad to me! (Except for the NIPT thing - that sucks!) As far as health, a HB in the 150s seems really, really strong so that's great! I don't think 2 days behind is a big deal - is she measuring based on your LMP or when you think you O'd? Because you O'd later than CD14 right? And as I recall you aren't 100% sure what day it was? But either way I think 2 days is probably very normal.

As far gender the heartbeat thing I think is crap - girls apparently do have higher heart rates but only after birth, not in pregnancy! I do wonder if there is more to the size thing but probably not - my boys always measured ahead, but so did your DD!! And lots of babies of both genders measure behind!

Hugs!!! It'll be ok!!!! I'm with you about the drink though - I already miss my wine so much LOL!!!

She was going by O! And I'm 100% sure when I did, especially after first two scans! But she even called me after the appointment because I think she could tell how anxious i still was and reassured me that all is promising. I'm trying to take heart too that their machines are terrible lol -- their machines are so old! So maybe it really was just a matter of the technology? Plus baby was flipping and dancing a ton, which she also said is a good sign.

And I should know better about the heartbeats, but I think I am just incapable of enjoying this pregnancy. I'm almost glad the NIPT won't work out because it carries just as much stress as no doing it!

But yeah, DD always was ahead! My favorite anecdote was at my last scan at 39w and some days, her legs were measured at "43+ weeks" gestation lol. I remember sitting up and going, "excuse me?" It certainly explained the kicks!!

TaytumJ
June 1st, 2018, 12:26 PM
She was going by O! And I'm 100% sure when I did, especially after first two scans! But she even called me after the appointment because I think she could tell how anxious i still was and reassured me that all is promising. I'm trying to take heart too that their machines are terrible lol -- their machines are so old! So maybe it really was just a matter of the technology? Plus baby was flipping and dancing a ton, which she also said is a good sign.

And I should know better about the heartbeats, but I think I am just incapable of enjoying this pregnancy. I'm almost glad the NIPT won't work out because it carries just as much stress as no doing it!

But yeah, DD always was ahead! My favorite anecdote was at my last scan at 39w and some days, her legs were measured at "43+ weeks" gestation lol. I remember sitting up and going, "excuse me?" It certainly explained the kicks!!

Just wanted to throw this your way, DS2 measured behind and had a HB in the 160’s early on (I feel your stress!). DS1 was consistently in the 150’s throughout my entire pregnancy, his never dropped. So glad baby had a strong HB! Fingers crossed and lots of blue dust!! [emoji6][emoji170][emoji92]

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 12:47 PM
That's great that she called you!! She really must think things are going well if she followed up to reassure you!

In my last pregnancy in February when I measured 11 days behind at my 7 week scan I spent hours Googling, trying to find women who had had the same and had happy endings (spoiler alert: there aren't many happy ending stories when baby is THAT far behind it seems). But in doing so I saw lots and lots of women say they measured 3, 4, 5 days behind and everything was fine and most of the time baby was right on track by 12 weeks or so!! Also - my OBGYN told me at the time that while their ultrasound machines are good they still aren't perfect and can always be a little off! Those machines - whether old or new - are definitely not perfect!

Also babies grow at different rates. Both my DS's measured up to a few weeks ahead for much of the pregnancies... DS1 was 8 lbs 12 oz at birth, so when DS2 was measuring weeks ahead I was terrified he'd turn out to be like 10 lbs!! He was born at 7 lbs, 10 oz! :) I think he grew fast in the beginning and then slowed down at the end. I think babies just don't usually do things exactly how we expect them to, even in the womb :) :)

My first scan is next Friday... AHHHH!! She wants to see me earlier than 6 weeks because of my losses. And my 2nd beta should be back by the end of the day.

Babybeaublue
June 1st, 2018, 01:06 PM
I am bursting for you and TP to find out gender ABC!!! TP you are killing me going team green!! (I understand tho, I did last time too) I will be stalking like a nutter for both of your 12 week scans too! Cant wait, it's actual torture!!!

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 03:19 PM
I am bursting for you and TP to find out gender ABC!!! TP you are killing me going team green!! (I understand tho, I did last time too) I will be stalking like a nutter for both of your 12 week scans too! Cant wait, it's actual torture!!!

Haha yea I'm not ready to find out gender BBB! Not prepared yet to hear "it's a boy" again which I really feel is what will happen. But right now I'm still more worried about whether this one is going to stick or not!

Throwaway_panther
June 1st, 2018, 03:50 PM
Haha BBB, I know I'm going to drive people crazy. Everyone keeps saying I must be strong to do it, and I say 'No, just a coward!" lol!

ABC, I am so glad they're scanning you earlier!! I hope you'll get a nice reassuring scan! And excited for your beta -- I'm telling you, twin girls!!

Taytum, thank you SO much for constantly reassuring me! I swear I've read your whole post history to compare myself too haha. I will take all that blue dust and then some!

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 06:05 PM
Welp - I'm really bummed. HCG only went to 2500-something (I already forgot the exact number because once I heard it was only in the 2000's I was upset). That was over 72 hours - not 48 - so doubling time is like every 52 hours.

I was really, really hoping it was over 3,000...

Throwaway_panther
June 1st, 2018, 06:16 PM
Welp - I'm really bummed. HCG only went to 2500-something (I already forgot the exact number because once I heard it was only in the 2000's I was upset). That was over 72 hours - not 48 - so doubling time is like every 52 hours.

I was really, really hoping it was over 3,000...

Don't be bummed! This is why I hate repeat betas! Your numbers totally increased in a normal amount in a normal time. You also don't know that they increased in 52 hours -- HCG tends to spike rather than gradually go up, so you could have hit those numbers sooner and are now in the next upswing. Plus like a third of women just won't have the doubling and will still have healthy pregnancies.

I totally understand when we set these thresholds and get so disappointed when they're not met! But your numbers DID double and did so in under 72 hours and are increasing. When is your scan?? I'm anxious for you to get there now to hopefully get some reassurance!

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 06:41 PM
Don't be bummed! This is why I hate repeat betas! Your numbers totally increased in a normal amount in a normal time. You also don't know that they increased in 52 hours -- HCG tends to spike rather than gradually go up, so you could have hit those numbers sooner and are now in the next upswing. Plus like a third of women just won't have the doubling and will still have healthy pregnancies.

I totally understand when we set these thresholds and get so disappointed when they're not met! But your numbers DID double and did so in under 72 hours and are increasing. When is your scan?? I'm anxious for you to get there now to hopefully get some reassurance!

Thanks - I know I think I hate betas now too!!!! I've had too many bad experiences with them before this and I just wanted this time for the numbers to be what I wanted them to be haha!!! :)

Yea I guess the number is OK. My RE's office uses the 72 hour standard for doubling rather than 48 hours so they are happy with the number. I just really thought it would be higher.

Have you read/seen things that doubling time slows after the level reaches 1,200? That's what I'm reading now. If that's the case maybe after I surpassed 1,200 (probably on Wednesday since it was 967 on Tuesday morning), things slowed down?

And you're going to love this (because as we've already determined, we seem to think the same way!) but after the nurse called I was like "Welp, doubling time is slow so it must be a boy!" LOL. Oh the things we put ourselves through...

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 06:51 PM
Oh and my next beta (RE's office wants to do 3 draws) is on Monday and scan is next Friday!

Throwaway_panther
June 1st, 2018, 07:50 PM
Thanks - I know I think I hate betas now too!!!! I've had too many bad experiences with them before this and I just wanted this time for the numbers to be what I wanted them to be haha!!! :)

Yea I guess the number is OK. My RE's office uses the 72 hour standard for doubling rather than 48 hours so they are happy with the number. I just really thought it would be higher.

Have you read/seen things that doubling time slows after the level reaches 1,200? That's what I'm reading now. If that's the case maybe after I surpassed 1,200 (probably on Wednesday since it was 967 on Tuesday morning), things slowed down?

And you're going to love this (because as we've already determined, we seem to think the same way!) but after the nurse called I was like "Welp, doubling time is slow so it must be a boy!" LOL. Oh the things we put ourselves through...

Omg we are the same person. I was just telling my therapist how it's my great skill to take any information and make it negative!
But yes, I have definitely read that HCG slows down after 1,000! And you're well above that! And I've never seen anything to indicate gender and doubling time :P (though J swear I don't see as many boys have that high of early HCG)! I hope your third draw helps your mind rest more -- though I think you're so like me that it's impossible to rest easy at all!

ABC.2606
June 1st, 2018, 08:55 PM
LOL well if we're the same person it seems appropriate that the day started with me trying to calm you down about baby's health & gender and ended with you trying to calm me down about baby's health & gender!!!!

Hope all the other ladies on this board are doing well today! As TP and I are panicking about everything! :) :)

Cassidy4
June 1st, 2018, 09:50 PM
Cassidy I understand - my side of the family has not been overly supportive of us adding a 3rd. They know we've been trying, as they know about my three miscarriages over the past year. It's been very hard because their lack of excitement about us having another child has made my going through the miscarriages even harder - and they weren't overly supportive during those losses either. Oh well. It is what it is!

I find family to be worse then anyone! They can be so rude! My so and I tend to make jokes around them to make them all worked up, like telling my dad we are going to keep going until we get a girl lol! It shuts him up pretty quick!

Cassidy4
June 1st, 2018, 09:56 PM
I am a little stressed. I know it’s early but anyone due in February not have many symptoms at all? I’m just emotional and hungry. Usually I’m not overly emotional and beginning of pregnancy I have food aversion/too nauseous to eat. Also, anyone never get a dark positive on wondfro pregnancy tests? Mine don’t seem to want to get dark. :/

Pbn3
June 2nd, 2018, 12:10 AM
Tp and Abc I can so relate to you both and the stresses you are feeling right now and the frustration of feeling more stressed than comforted after getting a scan/betas. I measured 2 days behind with dd at dating scan and her hb was lower than your bubs TP, the tech took it twice as I think she seen how freaked out I was initially. I was convinced after that scan I was going to miscarry for the 4th (and last) time. My beta results weren't comforting either Abc. My first number was far lower than yours and mine only just doubled in 48 hours. I remember clearly thinking that I shouldn't have got them [emoji52] But all was well, by the 12w scan I was still pregnant and the scan went really well. It did help to get the nipt results though as I think that's what comforted me most in the end?

ABC.2606
June 2nd, 2018, 01:17 AM
Cassidy - I'm a 4.5 weeks and emotional (but that's not really pregnancy specific LOL), my nipples hurt, hungry, and I'm a little more tired and bloated than normal. But I don't "feel" pregnant and have not had any nausea yet - which stresses me out as well because I feel like I have to be sick to know things are going ok! :) As far as the wondfos, mine definitely take longer to darken than the FRERs do. I can't remember - did you end up testing with FRERs?

Pbn - Yea it's awful the constant worrying and not feeling reassured. I think we (DH and I) both just feel really on edge this time after the last pregnancy/m/c. With that one, after I had those two betas done and my progesterone was good and HCG doubled, DH really thought things were OK. I did somewhat as well although the lack of symptoms leading up to my 7 week scan I think really gave me that gut instinct that something wasn't right. I doubt even if next week's scan goes well (and the one after that, since it's probably too early next week for a HB) that I will feel all that reassured. And DH is so traumatized from those two ultrasounds we had last time that he's really on edge about even going (and he's the always level-headed, calm, optimistic one!).

And yea I kinda regret doing the betas this time too - they are so stressful!! Although I don't think I really had the choice as the RE insisted before I got pregnant that she wanted to do them as soon as I got a positive test. I'm almost feeling like I don't want to get Monday's done at all!

Throwaway_panther
June 2nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
ABC, you don't have to do a third!! You can always decline it -- be your own advocate!

PBN, this is making me feel like maybe I should push for the test again (and is it bad that your beta and scan with DD makes me go, "This mist be a girl!" then lol). I am nervous how wishy washy our midwives office is about it even though I'm coming in with all these losses. A 5,000 bill on top of all the medical bills we're still paying would probably give me a stroke lol.

I also was just reading that prednisone can affect fetal growth in early pregnancy, which I'm on, so I wonder if that's doing the slight delay? I'm still so stressed about the prednisone because I'm not sure if it did anything or not since I technically never had any diagnosed reasons for our losses.

Verena
June 2nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
ABC I'm sorry your second beta wasn't completely reassuring for you. I'm sure everything is fine though! Like you already said, a doubling time of 72 hours is still concidered normal and yours is way above that. A doubling time of 48 hours would have given you a beta of 2700 yesterday and there's always a small error bar on numbers from a lab so 2500something basically IS the same as 2700. And maybe your blood wasn't taken each day at exactly the same time and a difference of an hour would have made your beta rise to above 2700 or so on the day of your second beta. Will you be 5 weeks exactly on Monday? Maybe they can make a scan directly instead of a third beta? I think around 5 weeks the hcg doesn't double as quickly anymore so I would be afraid that a third beta would leave you even more afraid...

I'm slowly starting to feel better, thanks for asking! I had horrible sickness and vomitting although I am on quite strong medication against it. I'm 12 weeks now and will have a big scan on monday at 13 weeks exactly at a prenatal specialist. Getting nervous already.

ABC.2606
June 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Thanks TP and Verena... I'll probably just go ahead with the 3rd. Hopefully the number wont worry me - I guess I could always just not answer when they call that day and not listen to the voicemail if I decide I don't want to know!! But everything I read last night said that after HCG reaches 1,200 the doubling time slows down. So hopefully that's just what happened. I also read this on Huggies website: "What’s interesting about hCG is that if the measurements start off high they don’t continue to expand at the same rate. In around 85% of normal pregnancies, a woman’s hCG level doubles every 48-72 hours. For women whose level of hCG is a little slower to get going, their increase can be much quicker than others." Which would make sense given that my HCG was almost 1000 at 4 weeks!

Glad you are feeling better Verena!! I didn't realize you had been so sick this time - I'm sure that's been tough!! YAY for your scan!! I'm sure it will go great and that it will be fun to see the little bean again!!!

TP has your midwife told you to stay on the Prednisone, or will you stop it at some point?

kikurose
June 2nd, 2018, 01:36 PM
Oh man I've missed so much, and I'll probably go dark again due to our move.

But ABC I had a horrible beta experience with my first, who is happy and healthy obviously. Those numbers can be a mindgame- everything you read is right, doubling slows at higher numbers. I'm sorry it's just adding to your stress. I think the scan will be good for you. FX FX FX.

Cassidy I'm the same as ABC about 4.5 weeks and I don't feel pregnant. More tired, boobs aching a bit more, lots of bloating at times, but otherwise nothing and it's disconcerting to say the least. I'm trying not to go buy more FRER for peace of mind. But I'm also not telling anyone, it just doesn't seem real? I think I usually start feeling it around 6 weeks, so we will see.

hannahptrussell
June 2nd, 2018, 01:58 PM
ABC & TP, I am completely with you on the normal “I don’t think I’ll really believe this until scan after scan proves it to be” It’s just SO hard after multiple losses. My husband and I were talking about how naive we were with our firstborn. We expected perfection at every turn, never worried and just assumed that all was well. Boy, what a difference 8 years and 5 losses can do! I declined the 3rd draw, ABC. I just said that I’d rather wait u til that 6w scan. But with both come worries and anxiety, I think.
We had sex last night and I woke up to a bit of spotting so I carefully checked my cervix and found a bit of blood near the entrance. It’s still tight and closed so I’m praying it was just from irritation. Haven’t had anymore today, no cramping, still feeling nausea and exhaustion. So I’m just not going to worry about it. Hah! So much easier said than done, right?
TP, thank you for the prednisone tip. I’m going to look into this. With my first scan coming up, I don’t want to freak out when they change my date by a week. Which they did last time and I was on Prometrium suppositories.
ABC, I was told 72 hours in the beginning. In fact, my nurse begged me to wait 72 hours rather than 48 hours just to have a better feel for increase. So I would consider a nearly double at 48 hours a complete success!

ABC.2606
June 2nd, 2018, 02:24 PM
Hannah - hope the spotting was nothing!! Given that you saw it after sex it probably was just from your cervix being irritated.

Kiku - Yea these betas are terrible right? I never had them with my boys, so my only experiences having them done were with my 3 m/c's and now this pregnancy. I'm really thinking I may just tell them on Monday that I don't want them to tell me the number and that I just want to wait to see what the scan shows on Friday. And I agree with you it doesn't seem real yet for me either!! I hate this stage - would much rather be a few more weeks along and be puking!!! :)

hannahptrussell
June 3rd, 2018, 03:06 PM
Ladies, talk to me about spotting in early pregnancy? Feeling nausea today, upset stomach but have a little spotting. I’m exhausted and had an all-day wedding yesterday. Could over-doing it cause a little spotting? Last night I got home and could not settle my stomach. So I’m hopeful but also worried about spotting. Still have symptoms of first trimester but dang that spotting. It’s playing with my mind and I’m not one but happy about it.

Throwaway_panther
June 3rd, 2018, 03:12 PM
I had spotting right around 5.5 weeks from an orgasm -- not even sex, just an orgasm!! So a lot of things can cause it early on, and I think overdoing it could just because there could be old blood that it's pushing out.

And ABC, my midwives have no clue on prednisone lol. Our RE had to stay on until 10 weeks (which would be this week!), but I'm as anxious to stay on it as I am to wean. I'm thinking about pushing for a scan this week just because that growth change has me really, really anxious.

ABC.2606
June 3rd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Hannah I agree with TP lots of things can cause spotting but if it continues can you move your scan up to early this week? I had off and on spotting with DS1 between weeks 5-8 and the first time it happened I called and they got me in for a scan, which showed things were fine and that really helped me at that point.

TP - if you can get in for another scan this week I'd say do it. Hopefully last week's measurement was just a bit off and it will be perfect again on the next scan.

I've felt completely distraught all day today after seeing Mamabird's post. I'm so heartbroken for her and can't stop thinking about it.

Also I dreamed last night that I miscarried. And my lack of symptoms the past few days (other than sore nipples and feeling bloated and hungry) are really freaking me out again. Last pregnancy I just kept waiting for the nausea to start and it never did and now I just feel like the same thing is happening.

hannahptrussell
June 3rd, 2018, 07:16 PM
Hannah I agree with TP lots of things can cause spotting but if it continues can you move your scan up to early this week? I had off and on spotting with DS1 between weeks 5-8 and the first time it happened I called and they got me in for a scan, which showed things were fine and that really helped me at that point.

TP - if you can get in for another scan this week I'd say do it. Hopefully last week's measurement was just a bit off and it will be perfect again on the next scan.

I've felt completely distraught all day today after seeing Mamabird's post. I'm so heartbroken for her and can't stop thinking about it.

Also I dreamed last night that I miscarried. And my lack of symptoms the past few days (other than sore nipples and feeling bloated and hungry) are really freaking me out again. Last pregnancy I just kept waiting for the nausea to start and it never did and now I just feel like the same thing is happening.

Where was mamabirds post? I must’ve missed it!

ABC.2606
June 3rd, 2018, 07:30 PM
Where was mamabirds post? I must’ve missed it!

On the October due date board. Her water might have broken - they aren't for sure yet what's going on but it's a really scary situation right now. Praying it turns out OK.

Pbn3
June 3rd, 2018, 07:48 PM
Abc I'm with you. I cant stop thinking about Robin and could just cry that's she's having to go through this. I keep checking in for an update. They need to find out what's going on so she's not in this god awful limbo. I don't know if I'm angrier than sad or sadder than angry.

I know it's not going to be of any help but I kept insisting with myself that I would lose my last pregnancy too due to a severe lack of symptoms. Had only mild nausea sometimes in the evening, very hit and miss and even my bbs stopped being sore and sensitive. Your dating scan will hopefully prove some comfort, although mine didn't as previously mentioned to TP. Try andnbe prepared to know it may not be until after 12w that you start feeling slighlty safe. It's so hard [emoji17] I used to wish I could go to sleep and wake up in the 2nd trimester...

ABC.2606
June 3rd, 2018, 09:39 PM
Abc I'm with you. I cant stop thinking about Robin and could just cry that's she's having to go through this. I keep checking in for an update. They need to find out what's going on so she's not in this god awful limbo. I don't know if I'm angrier than sad or sadder than angry.

I know it's not going to be of any help but I kept insisting with myself that I would lose my last pregnancy too due to a severe lack of symptoms. Had only mild nausea sometimes in the evening, very hit and miss and even my bbs stopped being sore and sensitive. Your dating scan will hopefully prove some comfort, although mine didn't as previously mentioned to TP. Try andnbe prepared to know it may not be until after 12w that you start feeling slighlty safe. It's so hard [emoji17] I used to wish I could go to sleep and wake up in the 2nd trimester...

Yea it's so upsetting what she's having to go through :( And I know all of us on here who "know" her feel so helpless and it's not like we can just go give her a big hug!!!

Thanks. I really just want Friday to get here. But of course I'm worried the scan wont go well. And that stupid beta tomorrow is stressing me out! I'm trying to keep my expectations low about it.

Cassidy4
June 4th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Cassidy - I'm a 4.5 weeks and emotional (but that's not really pregnancy specific LOL), my nipples hurt, hungry, and I'm a little more tired and bloated than normal. But I don't "feel" pregnant and have not had any nausea yet - which stresses me out as well because I feel like I have to be sick to know things are going ok! :) As far as the wondfos, mine definitely take longer to darken than the FRERs do. I can't remember - did you end up testing with

I never did test with a FRER, my SO forgot to pick them up. I did get a dark positive this morning though on the Wondfro so I feel a bit better now :) this weekend I started feeling a bit more nauseous too, as well as heightened sense of smell.

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Yay for symptoms Cassidy!

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Girls I need some help...
The initial excitement of my bfp is wearing off and though I'm trying to stay positive the gender anxiety I s creeping in day by day! I know so many of you are feeling the same way so I'm hoping we can comfort each other.
I just can't get it out of my head that my timing was perfect for a boy- we dtd just hours before o after a 4 day abstinance- this is textbook shettles I know and he's debunked but I just can't stop panicking that I should have just done a cut off! This is my last chance and I was so blasé about it!
Please please give me some hope that my beautiful daughter can still happen even with bd on o day!

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Yea it's so upsetting what she's having to go through :( And I know all of us on here who "know" her feel so helpless and it's not like we can just go give her a big hug!!!

Thanks. I really just want Friday to get here. But of course I'm worried the scan wont go well. And that stupid beta tomorrow is stressing me out! I'm trying to keep my expectations low about it.

Thinking of you ABC I just really feel this little one is healthy and meant for your family xx

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 06:27 PM

Can't believe this is happening to her- it just is unbelievable what she has been through I can't even imagine!
I would love to wake up to the second trimester tomorrow and know the baby is healthy and know the gender so I can be at peace xx

ABC.2606
June 4th, 2018, 07:02 PM
HCG update.... went from 2,532 on Friday to 7,837 today!! 44 hour doubling time according to those online calculators. So relieved - I had a terrible feeling all day today that it was going to be a bad number.

But... my progesterone keeps dropping. 36 last Tuesday, 26.6 on Friday, 23.3 today. Ugh. I asked the nurse about it and she said it fluctuates and they don't get concerned unless it drops below 15 and that my HCG is rising appropriately. I ate more before the Friday test and today's test than I did before Tuesday's so I'm wondering if that has to do with it (apparently after you eat progesterone levels drop). I'm wondering if I should use the progesterone suppositories that I have (was prescribed them by OBGYN with previous m/cs) - thoughts?? I just don't like that it's going down! TP - are you doing progesterone? I feel like you've mentioned it before.

So I'm still stressed, but, happy about my HCG! :)

Pbn3
June 4th, 2018, 07:07 PM
That's a great number Abc [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] As for the progesterone what does your ob say? Are they going to test it again otherwise how will they know if it falls to 15 and is therefore worrisome?

ABC.2606
June 4th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Girls I need some help...
The initial excitement of my bfp is wearing off and though I'm trying to stay positive the gender anxiety I s creeping in day by day! I know so many of you are feeling the same way so I'm hoping we can comfort each other.
I just can't get it out of my head that my timing was perfect for a boy- we dtd just hours before o after a 4 day abstinance- this is textbook shettles I know and he's debunked but I just can't stop panicking that I should have just done a cut off! This is my last chance and I was so blasé about it!
Please please give me some hope that my beautiful daughter can still happen even with bd on o day!

I've seen atomic say many times that studies show that it's roughly 50% boys/ 50% girls conceived on every day of the fertile cycle and at least one study showed *slightly* more girls on O day - so I don't think you have messed anything up at all!! I also saw her say recently that when you conceive on O day there are going to be less sperm ready at the egg b/c it takes time for the sperm to capacitate. You ABSOLUTELY have a chance! Especially with Clomid, diet, exercise, 1 attempt, etc!

BUT - I know how you feel & I totally get it. Since getting my BFP I've picked at myself over and over about my diet.... that it wasn't good enough, that I wasn't on it long enough after my last miscarriage, etc. I think that's the nature of GD... we're also going to find things that we're convinced ruined the sway!

ABC.2606
June 4th, 2018, 07:12 PM
That's a great number Abc [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] As for the progesterone what does your ob say? Are they going to test it again otherwise how will they know if it falls to 15 and is therefore worrisome?

No she said they test it three times and if all three numbers are above 15, that's that. I don't know. I think on Friday when I do the ultrasound I will see the RE (I hope so at least) so I'm going to press her about it again. But I really wonder if it's the eating thing... Like last Tuesday I ate a very small breakfast at least 2 hours before the test and today I was eating a bunch as I was running out the door an hour before the test. Wouldn't have done that if I had known they were going to test progesterone again.

Do you think I should call my OBGYN and get his thoughts though and see if he thinks I should use the suppositories? I would think if it was dropping b/c the pregnancy was not going well my HCG wouldn't have increased so much, yea?

Pbn3
June 4th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Kittendreams it's scientifically proven that xx and xy sperm swim the same speed. Just remember that shettles was looking at uncapacitated sperm as xy sperm and capacitated as xx. Based on that alone shows he simply did not have the technology to understand what he was seeing. The amount of shettles opposites would be close, equal or more than the amount of hoped for gender as his theory really amounts to nothing more than pot luck. The reason its so hard to dismiss is because its was the only gender sway technique around for such a long time and therefore everyone had heard of it...

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 07:14 PM
HCG update.... went from 2,532 on 7,837 today!! 44 hour doubling time according to those online calculators. So relieved - I had a terrible feeling all day today that it was going to be a bad number.

But... my progesterone keeps dropping. 36 last Tuesday, 26.6 on Friday, 23.3 today. Ugh. I asked the nurse about it and she said it fluctuates and they don't get concerned unless it drops below 15 and that my HCG is rising appropriately. I ate more before the Friday test and today's test than I did before Tuesday's so I'm wondering if that has to do with it (apparently after you eat progesterone levels drop). I'm wondering if I should use the progesterone suppositories that I have (was prescribed them by OBGYN with previous m/cs) - thoughts?? I just don't like that it's going down! TP - are you doing progesterone? I feel like you've mentioned it before.

So I'm still stressed, but, happy about my HCG! :)

Wonderful news abc!! I don't know anything about progesterone levels but I do know stress won't help so just stay positive this is your healthy baby xxx

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 07:16 PM
I've seen atomic say many times that studies show that it's roughly 50% boys/ 50% girls conceived on every day of the fertile cycle and at least one study showed *slightly* more girls on O day - so I don't think you have messed anything up at all!! I also saw her say recently that when you conceive on O day there are going to be less sperm ready at the egg b/c it takes time for the sperm to capacitate. You ABSOLUTELY have a chance! Especially with Clomid, diet, exercise, 1 attempt, etc!

BUT - I know how you feel & I totally get it. Since getting my BFP I've picked at myself over and over about my diet.... that it wasn't good enough, that I wasn't on it long enough after my last miscarriage, etc. I think that's the nature of GD... we're also going to find things that we're convinced ruined the sway!

Thank you so much for taking the time to calm me down abc especially when you have far more things to worry about xxx you are so kind xx

Pbn3
June 4th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Abc I think you need to do whatever you feel will give you the most peace. So either wait and ask your RE or check with your ob via phone call. Whatever will give you that extra peace of mind. If there's no harm in using the suppostries and it makes you feel better then ask if you can do that. Or ask for another 2 prog blood draws over the next couple weeks and fast from 9pm onwards nd get the draws first thing in the morning so you can take food effect out of the equation? Some may think that it's over the top thinking but I believe if it's a concern to you then you need to address it and feel confident in the outcome [emoji173]

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Kittendreams it's scientifically proven that xx and xy sperm swim the same speed. Just remember that shettles was looking at uncapacitated sperm as xy sperm and capacitated as xx. Based on that alone shows he simply did not have the technology to understand what he was seeing. The amount of shettles opposites would be close, equal or more than the amount of hoped for gender as his theory really amounts to nothing more than pot luck. The reason its so hard to dismiss is because its was the only gender sway technique around for such a long time and therefore everyone had heard of it...

Thank you as always Pbn
I have so much pressure from my mum to use shettles as she got three girls with it I'm just too scared to even tell her I'm pregnant because she will ask about the timing and tell me it's another boy. I feel sick that I'm so obsessed with this when a healthy baby is all I should be worried about. I hate that I am so ungrateful for my boys. I just hope when the time comes I'm at peace either way.

ABC.2606
June 4th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to calm me down abc especially when you have far more things to worry about xxx you are so kind xx

No problem! :) Apparently the theme of this due date board so far is all about taking turns calming each other down with all of our various freak outs :) :) :) So you're in the perfect place!

Pbn3
June 4th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Thank you as always Pbn
I have so much pressure from my mum to use shettles as she got three girls with it I'm just too scared to even tell her I'm pregnant because she will ask about the timing and tell me it's another boy. I feel sick that I'm so obsessed with this when a healthy baby is all I should be worried about. I hate that I am so ungrateful for my boys. I just hope when the time comes I'm at peace either way.

Gosh that bugs me when people think they have the answers... I wouldn't tell her until you know gender. Also you are not ungrateful for your boys!! That sounds like what people say to try and guilt you into feeling you should be thankful for what you have. Well of course you are thankful!!!!! Doesn't mean you're not allowed to dream and hope for more!! "At least you have your boys, think of the people that cant have kids" was said to me by my mum after my losses which pissed me off no end at the time. I know she meant well and was not sure what to say but people need to understand that sometimes when you don't know what to say it probably means you should say nothing at all lol. So hope away kittendreams! We know you love and are grateful for what you have and completely understand your hopes and dreams of adding some pink to your cherished family [emoji173]

ABC.2606
June 4th, 2018, 08:38 PM
I never did test with a FRER, my SO forgot to pick them up. I did get a dark positive this morning though on the Wondfro so I feel a bit better now :) this weekend I started feeling a bit more nauseous too, as well as heightened sense of smell.

That's great Cassidy!!! Sounds like things are going well so far!!

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Gosh that bugs me when people think they have the answers... I wouldn't tell her until you know gender. Also you are not ungrateful for your boys!! That sounds like what people say to try and guilt you into feeling you should be thankful for what you have. Well of course you are thankful!!!!! Doesn't mean you're not allowed to dream and hope for more!! "At least you have your boys, think of the people that cant have kids" was said to me by my mum after my losses which pissed me off no end at the time. I know she meant well and was not sure what to say but people need to understand that sometimes when you don't know what to say it probably means you should say nothing at all lol. So hope away kittendreams! We know you love and are grateful for what you have and completely understand your hopes and dreams of adding some pink to your cherished family [emoji173]

That's why we are not telling anyone I'm pregnant until we know the gender- I'm not strong enough to bear the judgement this time.

Thank you again Pbn you are such a gem xxx

Throwaway_panther
June 4th, 2018, 09:00 PM
I am so anxious guys. I can't keep obsessing over that 2 day delay in growth, and also that I'm supposed to wean off prednisone at 10 weeks (which would be this Thursday). I did research and found way too many women for my comfort level that lost babies after weaning :(
And it's frustrating, because I don't HAVE anything diagnosed for the pred. It was just a "kitchen sink" approach. And I'm on a low enough dose that supposedly I'm not even getting the benefits!! So I feel trapped if I do, trapped if I don't!

DH wasn't helpful when I expressed my anxiety and just snapped at me for "worrying about nothing and everything is fine, you heard the midwife." Worrying about nothing?? From the guy who was telling me not to get attached to most of the last 8 pregnancies!
I think I'm also just anxious because he's about to be out of town for almost 2 weeks, which he does often -- but hasn't during this pregnancy. And he just told me apparently a bunch of his family are coming home during the summer, so my plans of just avoiding people and not mentioning the pregnancy until we're way passed viability seem to be disappearing... but part of me is also so frustrated and sad that I can't just have a happy announcement when they're all here. I feel like just thinking about it is jinxing it!

Pbn3
June 4th, 2018, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry TP as I have no ideas on how to deal with the stress and uncertainty other than take it day by day (which is so unhelpful I know [emoji17]) We never told anyone until after my 12w scan & nipt results (which I cant believe costs so much where you are [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50], I thought $500'ish I paid was expensive!) except for my mum who guessed. I asked her not to talk about it as I measured behind on my dating scan and in my mind the heart rate was too low and I was pretty sure it wouldn't end well. She respected my wishes thankfully. I just wish you could all be in the 2nd trimester already with your 12w scans behind you showing bub is thriving!!!! I know that is still not 100% but it is better than the 50% or less you're all feeling now....

ABC.2606
June 4th, 2018, 10:09 PM
TP I really don't know how to deal either, but I'll tell you what my DH keeps telling me (because obviously I'm very anxious as well!): It's natural to be stressed with everything you've gone through, but the level of fear and stress you have is also not good for you or the baby. Maybe try to shift your some of your focus from being stressed about if things are OK to trying to be more relaxed because being relaxed will be GOOD for baby - it's what the baby needs right now. De-stressing, taking care of yourself, distraction, etc. will probably do as much or more good for you and the baby as the Prednisone! Please don't take this as me lecturing you (which I would have NO right to do b/c I feel like a complete nut right now and need calming down all the time!). Mentally, I'm telling myself all these same things but I understand it's easier to talk to yourself and tell yourself what you SHOULD be doing than to actually do it! :)

I was worried about my blood test all day today but I went out and spent time with my kids at the museum and it really helped get my mind off things (at least until I got home and started obsessing about the nurse's phone call LOL!). But it was actually quite nice to have several hours of really not even thinking much about the pregnancy or the betas or anything - so I guess that'll be one of my strategies moving forward: DISTRACT DISTRACT DISTRACT! :) :)

I think if you feel like you should get a repeat scan to check growth you should try to do it. But I really really don't think 2 days is at all worrisome at this point - it's such a small difference and baby's heartbeat is SO good! AND... probably the best thing you have going for you right now is that you're getting so much closer to the end of the first trimester and your risk of miscarriage with a strong heartbeat at this point has already plummeted so low!! Man I would love to be at 9 weeks with a strong heartbeat right now! :) :)

As far as the Prednisone... Is there a specialist you can talk to about it? A high risk OB, an RE, etc? Maybe you need to get more advice on whether/how you should wean off.

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 10:58 PM
So sorry TP you have been through so much I just want you to have peace and have your beautiful healthy baby here to hold at last! I have no advice about the medication I am so not experienced with medical practices but as for anxiety around telling family I think you should only have to tell them when you are ready to. Can you hide it until the 2nd trimester? I am planning to do that although I have no idea how I am going to do it!

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 10:59 PM
TP I really don't know how to deal either, but I'll tell you what my DH keeps telling me (because obviously I'm very anxious as well!): It's natural to be stressed with everything you've gone through, but the level of fear and stress you have is also not good for you or the baby. Maybe try to shift your some of your focus from being stressed about if things are OK to trying to be more relaxed because being relaxed will be GOOD for baby - it's what the baby needs right now. De-stressing, taking care of yourself, distraction, etc. will probably do as much or more good for you and the baby as the Prednisone! Please don't take this as me lecturing you (which I would have NO right to do b/c I feel like a complete nut right now and need calming down all the time!). Mentally, I'm telling myself all these same things but I understand it's easier to talk to yourself and tell yourself what you SHOULD be doing than to actually do it! :)

I was worried about my blood test all day today but I went out and spent time with my kids at the museum and it really helped get my mind off things (at least until I got home and started obsessing about the nurse's phone call LOL!). But it was actually quite nice to have several hours of really not even thinking much about the pregnancy or the betas or anything - so I guess that'll be one of my strategies moving forward: DISTRACT DISTRACT DISTRACT! :) :)

I think if you feel like you should get a repeat scan to check growth you should try to do it. But I really really don't think 2 days is at all worrisome at this point - it's such a small difference and baby's heartbeat is SO good! AND... probably the best thing you have going for you right now is that you're getting so much closer to the end of the first trimester and your risk of miscarriage with a strong heartbeat at this point has already plummeted so low!! Man I would love to be at 9 weeks with a strong heartbeat right now! :) :)

As far as the Prednisone... Is there a specialist you can talk to about it? A high risk OB, an RE, etc? Maybe you need to get more advice on whether/how you should wean off.

Great advice abc that is my only coping mechanism- distraction and keeping busy with the boys. I find seeing joy on their faces makes everything bad fade away xx

kittendreams
June 4th, 2018, 11:01 PM
I'm sorry TP as I have no ideas on how to deal with the stress and uncertainty other than take it day by day (which is so unhelpful I know [emoji17]) We never told anyone until after my 12w scan & nipt results (which I cant believe costs so much where you are [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50], I thought $500'ish I paid was expensive!) except for my mum who guessed. I asked her not to talk about it as I measured behind on my dating scan and in my mind the heart rate was too low and I was pretty sure it wouldn't end well. She respected my wishes thankfully. I just wish you could all be in the 2nd trimester already with your 12w scans behind you showing bub is thriving!!!! I know that is still not 100% but it is better than the 50% or less you're all feeling now....

Is the generation test a good one Pbn? It is $395 here in Qld so a bit more affordable than the $500 the nipt was going to cost with ds2.

Pbn3
June 4th, 2018, 11:26 PM
Kittendreams I'm in Qld and went with generation and it cost more than that as I opted for the extended testing (to include rarer disorders but risk increases with age). Plus the price had just gone up to [emoji30] $395 is what I remembered for the base testing and *think* I paid another $150 on top for extra...

Pbn3
June 5th, 2018, 02:33 AM
Holy crap kittendreams!! I just checked and the testing I had done is now $695 [emoji50][emoji50] That has increased heaps!! I'm sure we didn't pay that much! Will have to check with hubby [emoji848]

kittendreams
June 5th, 2018, 03:20 AM
Yes the generation plus is $695 but the basic generation test is $395- does the basic one include gender I wonder?

kittendreams
June 5th, 2018, 03:21 AM
I'll ask my doc tomorrow as I have my first appointment then x

Pbn3
June 5th, 2018, 05:19 AM
Yes I'm pretty positive the basic does include gender!

Pbn3
June 5th, 2018, 05:21 AM
Just checked and it definately includes sex of baby in basic [emoji3]

Throwaway_panther
June 5th, 2018, 07:45 AM

I'm trying so hard. I know you are trying to help, and I really appreciate it! I also just hate so much when people say, "Don't stress -- it's not good for the baby!" There is a lot of evidence saying that stress doesn't cause loss, so I always feel like it's almost a victim blaming statement. Which I KNOW you are not saying, I don't want to come off like that! I just remember with my November loss (where I made it just past 6 weeks), I was a mess because of a lot of different things (I had gone off progesterone after an early beta was low per my RE and she told me to stop it, and kept calling her with no answer when my tests kept getting darker and I didn't know what to do). Both my husband and one of my best friends kept stressing, "You're going to cause yourself to lose it if you keep stressing." But that isn't what causes losses -- and me having my DD to term at all is another big support of that, since I was a hot mess from Day 1 with her!

I am definitely working on the distractions! I think that's part of why I got so worked up -- with DH gone, I'm losing another distraction and it's just me and DD together for 2 weeks! Luckily I start my second job which is nannying next week, so hopefully that will distract me.

I think that's another issue here, too -- I was so stressed before the last scan, I'm not even sure doing a scan (especially without DH here) would help me and maybe I should just wait for the next one in a little less than 2.5 weeks.

I'm going to call the RE today about the prednisone just to get some clarification on a.) why they had me on it and b.) how they want me to taper. I want into a loss group for immune issues and a lot of women said tapering reaaaally slow is their recomendation (so I think at 10 weeks I might go from 10 mg to 7.5 mg a week, then 5 mg a week, then 2.5 mg a week, then 2.5 mg every other day for a week to be fully weaned by 14 weeks or so).

And as for telling people, I definitely don't feel pressured so much as just sad now that I COULD have the wonderful announcement in person with everyone but feel too nervous to do so. We didn't actually reveal to our families that I was pregnant with DD until I was almost 17 weeks (and I didn't even tell work until I was 21 weeks -- I don't think I popped until about 22 or 23 weeks with her and lucked out). THIS time, I'm not sure I will be so lucky -- I think my uterus is already raising up based on RLP and how hard my lower abdomen is becoming, and I'm definitely not in the same shape I was before DD.

Which, long story short, I think might have been my BIG anxiety trigger last night overall: :( I read so many women who said they gained tons of weight the longer they were on prednisone and got "moon face" with it, and freaked out that that's what's happening to me and I felt verrrry out of control because it's not like I can just start working out a ton or dieting. They also wanted to check my blood sugar which stresses me out (a nurse was deadset on saying I had GD with DD, when I failed the 1 hour by a handful of points, even though my midwife said I didn't have it -- and DD ended up being under 7 lb at 40weeks2days!), since prednisone can artificially affect blood sugar readings so I think all the stress over these old triggers is really what exacerbated everything. I can only do so much about the weight and blood sugar when I'm on a steroid, and I know that, but being unable to control it more made me spazz over everything else (gender, the growth, DH going out of town, etc.!)

I also just realized our nuchal is scheduled when baby is hopefully 13w1d, and now I'm desperate to schedule it earlier since I'd rather have the ambiguity and hope than the confirmed girl nub :(

Throwaway_panther
June 5th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Yes the generation plus is $695 but the basic generation test is $395- does the basic one include gender I wonder?

Yikes, that is SO expensive!! I hate how pricey these tests are :( I can't wait until they hopefully become more routine in coming years. That's got to be the equivalent of over $1,000+ USD I'd think.

ABC.2606
June 5th, 2018, 11:22 AM
TP - Stress is not going to cause you to lose the baby. That's definitely not what I was trying to say so I'm glad you know that! But we both know that the high level of stress that we both feel right now isn't healthy for us or the pregnancies either. Oh, if you knew how totally over the top I am about germs and bacteria when it comes to pregnancy - I drive my DH insane over it! So I'm just saying if you can adjust your mindset a bit to say "I'm going to TRY to let go of just some of this worry today and relax and take care of myself because I know that's healthier for me and this baby". Because the better you can take care of yourself, the more you're supporting a healthy environment for baby to grow and thrive. Doesn't mean you're going to lose or harm the baby by the stress - you won't! - you just are trying to create the best environment possible for baby to grow strong! It's trying to focus on what you can do and not what's out of your control. And again - I'm trying to tell myself all of these same things as well because I'm not doing a good job of it either, and I know how hard it is to actually achieve that when the fear is so strong!

I know you're trying. You've been through way too much pain and absolutely no one has the right to tell you what you should feel or do because frankly they don't get it! I have a very loving family but I was shocked at some of the reactions and what I felt was a real a lack of support with my losses. After my D&C my dad and stepmom went weeks without so much as a phone call or text to see how I was doing (and when they finally reached out it was on an unrelated topic - not to see how I was doing). I was sent a letter in the mail by an extended family member after my 2nd m/c (she was told about my pregnancies by my stepmom w/o my permission) that said that clearly my body couldn't carry another pregnancy and that I needed to stop because if I didn't, I would die and not see my boys grow up. My mom has made it pretty clear she doesn't even want us to have a 3rd baby and has not shown the slightest amount of excitement or interest in my recent pregnancies. People - whether they have good intentions are not - can be really hurtful in what they say and how they react when it comes to miscarriages. Sadly I think too many of us on here have had to find that out.

I'm glad you're going to talk to the RE - I think getting more medical advice on how to handle the Prednisone will help you with knowing how to move forward.

We're all cheering you on! You can do this!! You're almost 1/4 of the way through! Baby is getting bigger, you're going to start feeling him/her moving in a couple of months, you're going to start getting scans soon that show legs and feet and arms and nose and all that!! All those really exciting things are ahead and I'm really excited for you! And yes, you most likely will be showing much earlier - which is completely normal for 2nd time mamas!!! :) :) I popped way earlier with DS2 and felt bigger and way more uncomfortable by the end! And he was even born 1 lb smaller than DS1!!! I remember my doc telling me with DS2 something like "Well, yea you're more uncomfortable - all those ligaments and muscles were already all stretched out the first time and things aren't as tight anymore!". LOL. Pregnancy is a crazy thing.

Babybeaublue
June 5th, 2018, 12:54 PM
I am the most anxious I have ever been in my life these days! If it's not pregnancy related it's the smallest things, like getting things done sooner rather than later e.g fathers day is coming up, dd4s birthday next month and even getting in the girls new school uniforms (they haven't even finished school for summer yet!) I suppose it's mostly finance related but it's like I have a mental ticklist and can't relax till it's done, but as soon as I "tick'one thing off it gets replaced with something else!! Even appointments- I just want to tick them off and know they are done. Then I read anxiety can affect baby's growth which, of course made me anxious :worry:

ABC.2606
June 5th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Hey TP... Just to let you know I Googled insurance and NIPT just now and saw this thread which was interesting...

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a65991469/did-your-insurance-cover-nipt

The last few comments on that thread in particular.

I'm still going to look into it and ask my OB at the first appointment with him (assuming there is a first appointment... man I feel ya on the whole "jinxing" thing! I don't even want to assume things that far ahead!). Anyways, I really think he would recommend it for me given my age and m/c history... so maybe how they bill it affects how insurance would treat it, I don't know... I do know at least 3 people who had it done - all under 35 - and one of those told me her doctor pretty much recommends it for all patients now. I'm wondering if it's maybe getting easier to get insurance to cover it for other reasons than it was before when they'd only do it for 35+? Obviously depends on the insurance company and plan too though.

ABC.2606
June 5th, 2018, 03:09 PM
I am the most anxious I have ever been in my life these days! If it's not pregnancy related it's the smallest things, like getting things done sooner rather than later e.g fathers day is coming up, dd4s birthday next month and even getting in the girls new school uniforms (they haven't even finished school for summer yet!) I suppose it's mostly finance related but it's like I have a mental ticklist and can't relax till it's done, but as soon as I "tick'one thing off it gets replaced with something else!! Even appointments- I just want to tick them off and know they are done. Then I read anxiety can affect baby's growth which, of course made me anxious :worry:

Yea anxiety is an awful thing right? The older I get the more I seem to be struggling with it. I miss being young and carefree and not worrying about every little thing!!

How is the pregnancy going though? You're getting so close now!! When is the actual due date?

Babybeaublue
June 5th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I'm due 23rd of August. The closer it gets the longer it seems to take. The first 20 weeks went so quickly, but I think I'm just so uncomfortable at the minute the thought of another 11 weeks feels like forever!

Throwaway_panther
June 5th, 2018, 06:39 PM
ABC, I am still so sorry how those around you treated you. Your parents especially -- I can never fathom how selfish and thoughtless people can be, especially to their own kids :( With this pregnancy, I told my closest few friends, and one literally said, "But yeah, it's temporary, right?" :/

And yeah, you're right about giving baby a good environment (though I worried so much about that with DD since I was literally suicidal when i was pregnant with her -- and she turned out fine, haha!). I think I'm realizing how much of this is protective. It's like I can't LET myself not stress, because if I enjoy any moment and then something bad happens, I'll feel like I jinxed it (as opposed to if something bad happens after feeling stressed, I'll think it was just me knowing what was going to happen? Ugh idk!). I've had a lot of therapy sessions along this line lately, lol.

I did at least find out from our RE that they just put everyone on prednisone for inflammation (mamabird was on it too since we went to the same RE clinic), and said I'd be fine tapering off for a week. I'm still going to go slow, but I feel less dependent on it now knowing they didn't feel it was a thing specific to me!

Of course, now I'm worried all my boy OWTs will have just been from the prednisone, even though I know better than to believe in OWT ( I had plenty of boy ones with DD). I went NUTS earlier obsessing over some vein in the eye OWT I'd never even heard in previous pregnancies?! Ugh, the stress never ends.

When is your scan ABC?! I'm anxious for you to get some reassurance!

And BBB, you're so close!! I hope you feel more comfortable soon!

kittendreams
June 5th, 2018, 09:18 PM
ABC, I am still so sorry how those around you treated you. Your parents especially -- I can never fathom how selfish and thoughtless people can be, especially to their own kids :( With this pregnancy, I told my closest few friends, and one literally said, "But yeah, it's temporary, right?" :/

And yeah, you're right about giving baby a good environment (though I worried so much about that with DD since I was literally suicidal when i was pregnant with her -- and she turned out fine, haha!). I think I'm realizing how much of this is protective. It's like I can't LET myself not stress, because if I enjoy any moment and then something bad happens, I'll feel like I jinxed it (as opposed to if something bad happens after feeling stressed, I'll think it was just me knowing what was going to happen? Ugh idk!). I've had a lot of therapy sessions along this line lately, lol.

I did at least find out from our RE that they just put everyone on prednisone for inflammation (mamabird was on it too since we went to the same RE clinic), and said I'd be fine tapering off for a week. I'm still going to go slow, but I feel less dependent on it now knowing they didn't feel it was a thing specific to me!

Of course, now I'm worried all my boy OWTs will have just been from the prednisone, even though I know better than to believe in OWT ( I had plenty of boy ones with DD). I went NUTS earlier obsessing over some vein in the eye OWT I'd never even heard in previous pregnancies?! Ugh, the stress never ends.

When is your scan ABC?! I'm anxious for you to get some reassurance!

And BBB, you're so close!! I hope you feel more comfortable soon!

Good news about the prednisone TP.
How far along are you and what are your boy symptoms?

ABC.2606
June 5th, 2018, 10:55 PM
BBB - Yea I can imagine you are getting pretty anxious to get little boy here!!!! So exciting though!!

Kitten - how are you feeling?

TP - Yea it is frustrating how they've acted. Oh well. That's good news about the Prednisone!! Did you/will you ask Mamabird how she weaned off of it? Are you doing progesterone as well? My scan is on Friday :)

I guess I had a hint at more symptoms today... Started feeling the slightest (and I mean, only the slightest) bit nauseated late this afternoon and was so sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open. Took a nap in which I fell into a deep sleep and was super ticked off when my alarm went off an hour later! So that's something right? I'm still feeling pretty concerned about my dropping progesterone numbers. Trying to decide whether to wait until Friday at my ultrasound and ask the doctor or call up my OBGYN (who I know I can actually get to call me back and whose opinion I really trust) to see what he thinks about it and if I should start the vaginal progesterone capsules he's given me in the past. Sigh... can't figure out what to do. Friday seems like a long ways away!

Cassidy I hope you're doing well!!

I think Kiku must be in the middle of her move now. Kiku if you see this I hope you're doing well too!!

kittendreams
June 6th, 2018, 03:14 AM
Aside from bouts of gender anxiety I'm great abc. A touch nauseous and a little fatigued- oh and the usual reflux I get even before a bfp ( had it with ds1 &ds2 also) but that's it so far- trying to enjoy it before the ms kicks in!

Throwaway_panther
June 6th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Good news about the prednisone TP.
How far along are you and what are your boy symptoms?

I know it's silly and they don't mean anything, but the lack of MS/nausea except for a passing moment here and there, pretty much no food aversions, hair growth is nuts, cold feet, headaches, hunger, cravings, backaches, etc. -- all very dumb, but I didn't have a lot of this with DD so when I'd look up "HEADACHES? PROGESTERONE DROPPING?" out of anxiety, I'd get surprised that, "Oh, that's a boy OWT? Huh." etc.

But I know better. This pregnancy could just be different because it's different. I had practically a sweets aversion with DD and craved meat and salty stuff and literally ate a whole lemon at one point with her lol (and now she loves lemon!). I also always have cold feet. And prednisone can explain the lack of nausea, food aversions, the hair growth and hunger. The hair growth one is dumb, but I do remember noticing barely needing to shave when I was pregnant with DD (which is VERY unusual for me -- I am a pretty hairy person by ethnicity), versus now I pretty much need to shave (and pluck -- eek) every day/every other day.

I read one too where boobs growing way bigger is a girl versus normal growth is a boy, which I'm sure means nothing, but my breasts did get NUTSO big with DD versus now I'm 10 weeks and in the same bras still (which yay, rib cage isn't TOO big yet lol).

I freaked myself out by the stupid "eye hooks/vein" thing yesterday. SO DUMB. I hate that I'm doing this to myself again!

And ABC, I'm not going to bother mamabird right now haha -- I am so happy to hear she has much better news, but I'll let her recover before pestering her with questions! I'm going to go with my original plan of slooooow weaning -- especially since apparently things can be rough coming off :/ (I was on it when I was much younger and had a bad time overall!). Lots of women get bad depression -- and I'm already feeling the gender depression slinking in on top of all my anxiety.

Also, don't stress about the progesterone!! I know it can waver a ton -- I can't remember if you're on supplementation or not? I am on it (though my progesterone was fine at 15DPO), and will probably be fully weaned by 14 weeks or so, too (or longer -- eek, I'm so nervous to go off anything now). I'm so happy to hear you're getting some symptoms (even though they suck!!) -- I hope it's making you feel better a bit for now!!

Pbn3
June 6th, 2018, 06:33 AM
TP I had a heap of OWT's I did for fun (may have went a little nuts [emoji854] I figured hey this may be my last chance if I lose this pregnancy too do I just went for it!) As did a few in my group! Happy to share what owts we did? I actually created a spreadsheet with owt, our names and results at one stage [emoji23][emoji85][emoji87]

One thing I noticed different this pregnancy (not an owt) that hubby did too is I didn't get a 'noticable' linear nigra this pregnancy yet with the boys it was very noticable. I googled it once but found so many ladies who had different linear nigra's but same sex lol.

Pbn3
June 6th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Ps I know about the eye vein one [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] and mine indicated boy so that one can be debunked right now!!

Throwaway_panther
June 6th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Haha, do NOT give me that spreadsheet! I will go nuts obsessing! [emoji23]

But THANK YOU. I need to suck up every story of OWT meaning nothing with a straw. And what's worse? I can NEVER find a consistent story! The eye thing? I found just as much saying "a V or a Y shape" is what mattered, not what eye. Then I found one that said those shapes didn't matter, it was the "fish hooks" in eyes -- and somehow one in the right eye was boy, one in the left was girl, but one in both was also somehow girl? What?? AND THEN I FOUND THE SAME THING BUT REVERSED! lolol

I told myself with DD: "I will never buy the OWTs again." I had plenty of boy OWTs with her, too (like the supposed hair being good? My hair was SO beautiful when I was pregnant with her that I had to lie to people about what I was doing to my hair when they asked, since I hid that pregnancy until 17 weeks or so). And I had plenty of girl ones too. But people literally used to argue with me that I was having a boy lol!

I also never had a linea nigrea with DD but now I'll have to stress if that was because of the gender!! lol ugh. SEDATE ME!

ABC.2606
June 6th, 2018, 10:46 AM
I have a Y vein in my left eye and a V vein in my right eye.. Crap, I am having twins, aren't I?!! LOL!!! I think I had a linea nigra with both of my boys. TP, I don't think those show up until later though if I remember!

Atomic had said over and over that with one of her boys she had every girl OWT in the book and he still came out all boy!!! :) :)

I think the one that *might* actually have some truth to it is being more hungry, since it's been shown that boy babies actually do need more calories in pregnancy than girls. I was STARVING the first several weeks of my pregnancy with DS2... Like, I'd eat and an hour later my stomach would be rumbling from hunger! Kinda had a hunch from that that he would be a boy. Even though my morning sickness with him started way earlier and more intense than with DS1!

But really I do think most OWTs are silly as there just can't be a correlation between most of them and gender!

TP - no I'm not on progesterone supplements... I have them, my OB prescribed with back before my first m/c. But the RE has never brought it up. That's why I've wondered if I should call my OB and ask if I should just use them... I feel like the RE wont recommend it unless my progesterone continues to drop and goes below 15, but she's not testing it again so we wont know if it does. Ugh...

Babybeaublue
June 6th, 2018, 11:56 AM
I have had every symptom under the sun with all my pregnancies! Only difference this time was sore boobs for weeks and my 24 hr nausea turned into evening only.nausea at 8 weeks. Never had linea negra, had freezing feet with dd4, no rapid hair growth and carry all the same - wayyy out front. I think my boobs got bigger quicker this time tho, so my owt symptoms are all over the place!! Didn't really want any sweets or anything this time only healthy stuff up until about20 weeks which is not like me at all lol even one cookie had me feeling really sick. Now I could eat the whole packet :)

4blue2pink
June 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
jumping in with some symptoms/OWT's ive had with my pregnancies..

4 boys (and 1 girl which ended in loss) without sore boobs, then 2 girls with very sore boobs, hmm maybe a girl thing for me i thought..WRONG baby #8 boobs soooo sore i dreaded taking my bra off and....boy!!

1 boy and 1 girl without sickness, 1 boy with horrific sickness and the rest (2 girls 3 boys) all inbetween, last few babies (both genders) have been mainly evening sickness.

splitting headaches with DD2 and very dry/itchy skin with DD3.

ive had 5 boys and 3 girls and there has been nothing that ive had with all the boys and not the girls or vice versa :)

atomic sagebrush
June 6th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Hey ladies, it's hard for me to keep up to speed on these threads but just wanted to let everyone know I'm thinking of you and if you need anything, I'm here, just start a thread and I'll get right back to you. I know so many of you are going through good times and hard times and I want to help however I can!

ABC.2606
June 6th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Hey ladies, it's hard for me to keep up to speed on these threads but just wanted to let everyone know I'm thinking of you and if you need anything, I'm here, just start a thread and I'll get right back to you. I know so many of you are going through good times and hard times and I want to help however I can!

Ok atomic I'm taking you up on your offer... Just posted a new thread about my progesterone concerns :)

kittendreams
June 6th, 2018, 05:10 PM
TP I agree with abc the one I have had with both my boys was hunger! So so hungry from very early on. Like, I'm a good eater (typical boy mum) but seriously I was like give me all the carbs!!!! I put on 25 kg with each pregnancy :omg: I'm only 4+ 2 now but so far no increase in hunger so I'm hoping that's a good sign!

kittendreams
June 6th, 2018, 05:28 PM

Thank you Atomic I just posted a question in the ttc girl forum to bug you with:worry:

Kjoseph09
June 6th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Hi guys! First post in this thread! I got my first faint BFP today. I’m either 8 or 11 dpo. Not really sure from a wonky chart this month. Im 37. Live in FL. I have 2 boys (4 and 5) and hoping for a healthy baby girl! Just estimated my due date as mid Feb!
I do have one question......I am taking 2000mcg folate daily. How do I wean myself off of this?

ABC.2606
June 6th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Welcome Kjoseph and congrats!!!!!! Very exciting!!! As far as the folate... were you taking that much b/c of previous losses? I take a higher amount too - 1,600-2,400 per day - and only the folate form, not folic acid. If you are only doing the folate form I would find a prenatal vitamin that has folate, not folic acid, and then do that plus additional folate supplements to stay at about the 2,000 mcg level you've been doing for the entire first trimester. Then after the 1st tri start weaning by spacing doses out until you're down the just what's in the prenatal. Prenatals usually have 800 mcg. Atomic feels VERY strongly about continuing the folate throughout the first trimester especially if you've had losses.

Kitten - I know, the hunger thing has me nervous already in terms of gender because I have been pretty hungry!! But it's not quite at the ravenous level that I was with my son and the level of hunger seems to vary by day. Today I could basically eat everything :) I feel like I really need protein though as I feel very weak and sluggish a lot of the time and I'm wondering if that's b/c of being on LE for over a year. It's like I feel my body is screaming at me to finally give it enough protein again!!! :)

kittendreams
June 6th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Welcome Kjoseph and congrats!!!!!! Very exciting!!! As far as the folate... were you taking that much b/c of previous losses? I take a higher amount too - 1,600-2,400 per day - and only the folate form, not folic acid. If you are only doing the folate form I would find a prenatal vitamin that has folate, not folic acid, and then do that plus additional folate supplements to stay at about the 2,000 mcg level you've been doing for the entire first trimester. Then after the 1st tri start weaning by spacing doses out until you're down the just what's in the prenatal. Prenatals usually have 800 mcg. Atomic feels VERY strongly about continuing the folate throughout the first trimester especially if you've had losses.

Kitten - I know, the hunger thing has me nervous already in terms of gender because I have been pretty hungry!! But it's not quite at the ravenous level that I was with my son and the level of hunger seems to vary by day. Today I could basically eat everything :) I feel like I really need protein though as I feel very weak and sluggish a lot of the time and I'm wondering if that's b/c of being on LE for over a year. It's like I feel my body is screaming at me to finally give it enough protein again!!! :)

Yes! I need protein too I've eaten so much chicken and yoghurt and cereal since my bfp!

kittendreams
June 6th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Hi guys! First post in this thread! I got my first faint BFP today. I’m either 8 or 11 dpo. Not really sure from a wonky chart this month. Im 37. Live in FL. I have 2 boys (4 and 5) and hoping for a healthy baby girl! Just estimated my due date as mid Feb!
I do have one question......I am taking 2000mcg folate daily. How do I wean myself off of this?

Welcome Kjoseph and congrats! I'm 37?with two boys too!

ABC.2606
June 6th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Yes! I need protein too I've eaten so much chicken and yoghurt and cereal since my bfp!

Oh my gosh I had Raisin Bran cereal last night - first bowl of cereal in probably two years.... BEST. THING. EVER!!!!!

kittendreams
June 7th, 2018, 06:15 AM
I know right? I still feel weird eating breakfast and strangely guilty! But it is just so good to eat normally again even my 3 yr old has noticed and says why are you eating meat mummy or why are you having the same as us mummy lol! He even noticed I'd switched back to tea instead of coffee haha!

Throwaway_panther
June 7th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Haha, you all are cracking me up with the diet change -- because now I'm not stressing as much when I first eat breakfast (though it's such a habit now that I haven't skipped it at all!). I have totally slacked on my protein intake and have eaten a lot more sugary things -- not good. I'm not even craving them or anything, I'll just eat something salty and savory and go "Hell, I don't need to watch the sweets as much now!" lol

ABC and kitten -- it's not like I WASN'T hungry with DD, haha! In the first few weeks with her, I'd go from just super nauseated to super hungry. Though I wasn't ravenous like I am now -- I was way more easily satiated compared to my constant eating now lol. But that could also be because of how I've been eating for HE all this time. I seems like a lot of us have been on our sway diets for ages lol.

Welcome kjoseph! So happy to see you in here!

Kjoseph09
June 7th, 2018, 12:31 PM
At how many weeks did you have / are you having your first ultrasound? The office is going by my LMP but I have a long cycle so I am scheduled at 6w 3D for my first u/s. Should I try to push it back a week or two to make sure I can see and hear something?

ABC.2606
June 7th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Kjoseph - what CD do you think you ovulated on? I know you weren't quite sure of the day. But I'm guessing if you ovulated well past CD14 then the ultrasound may show you as measuring behind and at 6w3d you may not see the heartbeat as baby wouldn't have developed enough yet. If you ovulated just a couple of days late then maybe it wouldn't matter.

I'm having my first scan tomorrow at 5w3d but that's because the RE wants an early scan given my 3 miscarriages in the past year. I ovulated right on CD14, but I still don't expect we'll see much beyond a gestational sac & yolk sac tomorrow. We'll probably have to go back next week for another scan.

ABC.2606
June 7th, 2018, 01:47 PM
TP - Yes I want all the sweets too!!! Except today I'm feeling really nauseated and pretty much nothing sounds or tastes good. I'm still eating because I feel like I need something to settle my stomach but nothing seems to be helping! And my crazy insane burps are back! I had those with my last pregnancy (the last one I m/c) and it's like I get all this air built up, which contributes to my feeling nauseated, and then when I let it all out via burps I feel a little better. It's very weird! Not sure I remember having that with my boys.

Kjoseph09
June 7th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Kjoseph - what CD do you think you ovulated on? I know you weren't quite sure of the day. But I'm guessing if you ovulated well past CD14 then the ultrasound may show you as measuring behind and at 6w3d you may not see the heartbeat as baby wouldn't have developed enough yet. If you ovulated just a couple of days late then maybe it wouldn't matter.

I'm having my first scan tomorrow at 5w3d but that's because the RE wants an early scan given my 3 miscarriages in the past year. I ovulated right on CD14, but I still don't expect we'll see much beyond a gestational sac & yolk sac tomorrow. We'll probably have to go back next week for another scan.

I’m pretty sure I ovulated on CD 19

kittendreams
June 7th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Kjoseph in my experience I would go later rather than earlier. With ds2 I went at 6+2 and no heartbeat had to go back again 2 weeks later. I would say around 7?weeks is safer to hear heartbeat? Saves money and worry.

I'm not getting scanned until my panorama test at around 9 weeks so no ramzi obsessing for me this time which is probably a good thing!

Only thing with no scan until 9 + weeks is I won't know if I have twins or not until then- not that I'm expecting to but because of the clomid and being older breastfeeding third pregnancy and quite a few twins on my maternal side I guess there is a possibility! Oh well wouldn't change anything anyway so we will see!

kittendreams
June 7th, 2018, 06:08 PM
TP - Yes I want all the sweets too!!! Except today I'm feeling really nauseated and pretty much nothing sounds or tastes good. I'm still eating because I feel like I need something to settle my stomach but nothing seems to be helping! And my crazy insane burps are back! I had those with my last pregnancy (the last one I m/c) and it's like I get all this air built up, which contributes to my feeling nauseated, and then when I let it all out via burps I feel a little better. It's very weird! Not sure I remember having that with my boys.

Loving the sweets too! And yep woke up due to a burp last night and ever so slightly nauseous this morning.
Another thing I've noticed is headaches on and off all day which I never had with boys.

kittendreams
June 7th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Haha, you all are cracking me up with the diet change -- because now I'm not stressing as much when I first eat breakfast (though it's such a habit now that I haven't skipped it at all!). I have totally slacked on my protein intake and have eaten a lot more sugary things -- not good. I'm not even craving them or anything, I'll just eat something salty and savory and go "Hell, I don't need to watch the sweets as much now!" lol

ABC and kitten -- it's not like I WASN'T hungry with DD, haha! In the first few weeks with her, I'd go from just super nauseated to super hungry. Though I wasn't ravenous like I am now -- I was way more easily satiated compared to my constant eating now lol. But that could also be because of how I've been eating for HE all this time. I seems like a lot of us have been on our sway diets for ages lol.

Welcome kjoseph! So happy to see you in here!

I get it TP- with my boys I could have eaten all day and never got full just ate until the reflux was unbearable!
At the moment I get hungry, a little sick, eat then I'm good for a few hours. I think the le diet definitely decreased my appetite and shrunk my stomach if that's possible!

Pretty
June 7th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Hi ladies, mind if I join you? I can’t believe I FINALLY get to post in the “Due Date Buddies”!! It’s really real!! :pregnant:

kittendreams
June 7th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Of course Pretty- congratulations and welcome!

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Welcome Pretty and congrats!

Kitten I have had some headaches too - including one tonight. Don't remember that with the boys either. In general I just feel pretty yuck right now!

Throwaway_panther
June 8th, 2018, 02:34 AM
Now you guys are ruining my headaches OWT :P (though I know they truly have nothing to do with gender!)

I have a weird issue now: they can't seem to get a clean urine sample from me?? I've done two now and they've been unable to test them because of contamination. I'm wondering if this is the progesterone?? I know how to take a urine sample! I think I'm only as nervous am I am because my WBC is elevated? Which they didn't even bat an eye about, but I'm worried we're missing an infection or I have been having inflammation afterall :(

Though I did read a. prednisone can raise WBC and b. it can raise during pregnancy anyway. Since I'm about to start weaning the pred, I'm now wondering if it IS the cause or a sign I should stay on it longer...

But hopefully a GOOD sign is my shorts were reaaal uncomfortable today lol. I think I might no be able to hide this pregnancy as long as I thought lol

Pbn3
June 8th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Abc what time is your scan???!!! It's 8.30pm for me and I'm wanting to know when your scan is my time [emoji3]

Babybeaublue
June 8th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Just going to ask the same thing pbn!! It's 12.40pm here!

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Pbn and BBB it's at 11 am here (Mountain time zone) - no idea what that is for you guys! I slept HORRIBLY last night and dreamt about the scan all night. I'm really scared it's twins. I'm scared something is wrong. I'm scared Ramzi theory will make it seem like it's a boy. I know that's a weird combination of things to be worried about but there you go. It's in 4 hours and I don't even want to go right now!!

Throwaway_panther
June 8th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Pbn and BBB it's at 11 am here (Mountain time zone) - no idea what that is for you guys! I slept HORRIBLY last night and dreamt about the scan all night. I'm really scared it's twins. I'm scared something is wrong. I'm scared Ramzi theory will make it seem like it's a boy. I know that's a weird combination of things to be worried about but there you go. It's in 4 hours and I don't even want to go right now!!

Just like you were reasurring me -- it's totally anxiety!!! And everyone reassured me Ramzi is bull -- and personally, even if there was something to it, I only was even able to see placenta at 9 weeks -- the scan isn't going to indicate anything other than where baby is and if she is growing ;)

But I understand the anxious dread!! It's why I'm still waiting weeks for my next scan!! But I am so hoping you come back with great news and feel better!

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Thanks TP - hope so! Ugh 3 more hours still!

HGmama
June 8th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Thanks TP - hope so! Ugh 3 more hours still!ABC you've got this! I'm so excited for you to see your baby today.

Babybeaublue
June 8th, 2018, 10:24 AM
That'll be 5pm for me!! An 1hr 1/2 to go! This is worse than waiting for my own scan lol

Mommy2apples
June 8th, 2018, 01:12 PM
That’s right now for me 1:00! Can’t wait to hear about it ABC!

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 01:55 PM
It's twins. OMG it's twins!

Both have yolk sacs and are measuring perfectly as of right now. No HB yet, which was expected - we go back next Friday and if things are on track we should see them then.

DH and I are in shock. Happy that things look good as of right now, but in shock! I really need some virtual hugs ladies!!

Babybeaublue
June 8th, 2018, 01:59 PM
:omg: :ttcgirl: :ttcgirl:
It's so exciting!!! Whuyy do we have to wait again!!! Counting the days for that next scan x

Mommy2apples
June 8th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Omg ABC! That brought tears to my eyes! I’m so excited for you!! Eek can’t wait for your next ultrasound! God is so good!!

Verena
June 8th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Omg ABC!!! Huge congrats! Fantastic news that they are measuring right on track. I'm speechless [emoji4] but sending you lots of virtual hugs!!! [emoji813]️

Cassidy4
June 8th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Oh my, that’s so exciting ABC!!! Congratulations!

sunstars
June 8th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Wow!!! :) Sounds great! Biiiig hugs, ABC!

Georgia_Peach
June 8th, 2018, 02:42 PM

Both have yolk sacs and are measuring perfectly as of right now. No HB yet, which was expected - we go back next Friday and if things are on track we should see them then.

DH and I are in shock. Happy that things look good as of right now, but in shock! I really need some virtual hugs ladies!!Congrats girl! So exciting.
How many kids do you currently have again? [emoji173]

Pretty
June 8th, 2018, 02:50 PM
How exciting!!! Congrats!

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Congrats girl! So exciting.
How many kids do you currently have again? [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk2!! Definitely not prepared for 4!!! Especially if it's 4 boys ahhhh!!!

Georgia_Peach
June 8th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Aaaahhh you got This!!! Such a wonderful gift!!
2!! Definitely not prepared for 4!!! Especially if it's 4 boys ahhhh!!!

Throwaway_panther
June 8th, 2018, 03:26 PM

DH and I are in shock. Happy that things look good as of right now, but in shock! I really need some virtual hugs ladies!!

AHHH I knew it!!!! These are your girls ABC, I feel it!!

Girlswaylondon
June 8th, 2018, 03:27 PM
OMG abc I knew it!!!! Im so happy you have 2 wonderful healthy beans in there!!

HGmama
June 8th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Congratulations ABC!!!

Pbn3
June 8th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Omg Abc I'm so happy to see this!!!!!! And TWINS [emoji50][emoji50][emoji1][emoji1] what a shock but how exciting!!!! Bet your still in denial [emoji23]

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Thanks ladies! I've gone from shock and panic to excitement to now again being terrified that something will happen to one or both of them. You're right, TP and Pbn, the reassurance from a scan does not last long! I don't know how I'll make it until next Friday!

Such a crazy ultrasound! I asked the RE when she came into the room if she thought there would be 2 based on my HCG levels and she said no, so all 3 of us were surprised!! I was so in shock during the ultrasound that I didn't even ask for a picture (and am now mad about that!). And I was watching her measure but now I don't remember any of the measurements but I know she said both yolk sacs were the right size and in fact they were almost exactly the same size! On one them she pointed out a small dot that she said was the start of baby! The image of those two little sacs next to each other is very clear in my mind still!!

emshe
June 8th, 2018, 07:12 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

ABC this is the best news ever. Omg so excited for you, I have goosebumps all over & am welled up with tears for you. Thrilled beyond words. Congratulations.

And all looks exactly as it should. Enjoy this moment, the shock, the wonder. I can only imagine what is going through your head & heart [emoji176] adventure ahead [emoji847][emoji4][emoji3]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Thanks Emshe! I don't know what I'd do without all of your support!! I made DH drive home from the doctor's office today so I could come on here and tell all of you ladies first thing :)

kittendreams
June 8th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Oh my goodness ABC this is amazing two rainbow babies I have a good feeling about this! So happy for you and now for two heartbeats!!! Fx fx fx fx!!!

hannahptrussell
June 8th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Oh my goodness!!! Twins!! I feel like something is in the air. You are the 8th woman I now know is having twins! I’m so excited for you but completely understand your shock and awe! My husband and I have always held our breaths for that first scan, knowing there could be more than one. This time, we are just praying for a heartbeat! Scan on Monday for me. I’m nervous.

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Hannah can't wait to hear about your scan!!!!

kikurose
June 8th, 2018, 10:48 PM
ABC!!!! Coming out of move insanity to check on your scan today and WHAAAAATT!!!!

Twins!!!! TP called it!!! I’m so so happy for you! I’m sure there are so many emotions, but I agree these are your girls! Can’t wait for next week and they better give you a photo of those rainbows!!

kikurose
June 8th, 2018, 10:48 PM
Hannah praying for a great scan on Monday!!

ABC.2606
June 8th, 2018, 10:55 PM
ABC!!!! Coming out of move insanity to check on your scan today and WHAAAAATT!!!!

Twins!!!! TP called it!!! I’m so so happy for you! I’m sure there are so many emotions, but I agree these are your girls! Can’t wait for next week and they better give you a photo of those rainbows!!Thank you Kiku! How is your move going? And how are you feeling?

kittendreams
June 8th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Oh my goodness!!! Twins!! I feel like something is in the air. You are the 8th woman I now know is having twins! I’m so excited for you but completely understand your shock and awe! My husband and I have always held our breaths for that first scan, knowing there could be more than one. This time, we are just praying for a heartbeat! Scan on Monday for me. I’m nervous.

Will be thinking of you on Monday Hannah xx

emshe
June 9th, 2018, 04:09 AM
Thanks Emshe! I don't know what I'd do without all of your support!! I made DH drive home from the doctor's office today so I could come on here and tell all of you ladies first thing :)

[emoji8]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

4blue2pink
June 9th, 2018, 08:40 AM
ABC Congratulations!! :D twins are so amazing :heart: i agree with Hannah there are a lot of twins at the moment!! everything crossed for pink for you.

TP how are you? im trying my best to keep up!!

wishing all of you in this group the best for upcoming scans/tests etc xx

ABC.2606
June 10th, 2018, 06:28 PM
How's everyone feeling?

My symptoms have picked up. I'm completely exhausted - I can't get through the day without a nap! I'm always hungry but most foods sound terrible and there are only like 5 things I feel like eating (and of course, mostly not healthy foods!). I'm trying to choke down meat for the protein even though it does not taste or sound good right now! Also seem to have developed an aversion to cooking - LOL! Feeling mildly nauseated a lot and then there's the crazy burping! And I've had a lot of headaches. Yesterday my nipples stopped hurting though and I freaked out a bit, as that's what happened with my last miscarriage. Today they're sore again though. I'm simultaneously wishing for more symptoms while moaning over the ones I have!! So nervous for my next scan - still 5 more days. Basically praying nonstop that we'll see two heartbeats.

Hoping you are all well! Hannah - what time is your scan tomorrow?

kittendreams
June 10th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Can't wait to hear scan results from you and hannah abc! I'm crossing everything!

I'm nauseous and still cramping quite a bit- is that normal this early on? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow.

ABC.2606
June 10th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Kitten I've never had cramping but I think it's pretty normal. I think TP had a lot of it early on if I remember correctly!

kittendreams
June 10th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Thanks abc I'm off to doctor on Wednesday so I'll ask then too.

ABC.2606
June 10th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Oh good!! No scan though on Wednesday?

Cassidy4
June 10th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Good luck on your scan tomorrow Hannah!

ABC I totally understand! I want symptoms but at the same time they make me so miserable! I have been tired, but unable to sleep. I’m having bad anxiety and feeling depressed, as well as very moody and angry. I also am very hungry but not really interested in eating. I don’t seem to have nausea lately or sore boobs, but I smell everything which is very overwhelming!!
I don’t get to see a midwife until July 17 and shortly after will have my first ultrasound :( so long away!

I think a bunch of us are due pretty much the same time. I’m February 8th, what’s everyone else’s due dates?

hannahptrussell
June 11th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Thanks ladies. I am so nervous about tomorrow. I’ll post as soon as I can. My appt is at 10am central/standard.
My symptoms are slowly getting worse. Heartburn, nausea, bloating, very sore nipples, aches and pains and pure exhaustion. Oh an a newer one this weekend, crazy sense of smell. I’m on progesterone suppositories and have had some spotting. So I’m cautiously optimistic. Tomorrow will hold good or bad news and I’m trying to prepare my heart for either.

ABC.2606
June 11th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Good luck on your scan tomorrow Hannah!

ABC I totally understand! I want symptoms but at the same time they make me so miserable! I have been tired, but unable to sleep. I’m having bad anxiety and feeling depressed, as well as very moody and angry. I also am very hungry but not really interested in eating. I don’t seem to have nausea lately or sore boobs, but I smell everything which is very overwhelming!!
I don’t get to see a midwife until July 17 and shortly after will have my first ultrasound :( so long away!

I think a bunch of us are due pretty much the same time. I’m February 8th, what’s everyone else’s due dates?Oh wow that will be a long wait until July 17th!!! You are more patient than I am - I can't wait for the first appt!!

My due date is February 5th so we are very close!!

ABC.2606
June 11th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Thanks ladies. I am so nervous about tomorrow. I’ll post as soon as I can. My appt is at 10am central/standard.
My symptoms are slowly getting worse. Heartburn, nausea, bloating, very sore nipples, aches and pains and pure exhaustion. Oh an a newer one this weekend, crazy sense of smell. I’m on progesterone suppositories and have had some spotting. So I’m cautiously optimistic. Tomorrow will hold good or bad news and I’m trying to prepare my heart for either.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHannah will be praying for you tonight & tomorrow that the scan goes well!! It definitely sounds like a good sign that your symptoms are getting worse!!!

kittendreams
June 11th, 2018, 03:10 AM
No scan tomorrow abc just need some paperwork sorted for my nipt. My first scan won't be until my 9th week for the nipt- so around the 11th of July.
My due date is the 12th of feb!

Girlswaylondon
June 11th, 2018, 12:03 PM
How's everyone feeling?

My symptoms have picked up. I'm completely exhausted - I can't get through the day without a nap! I'm always hungry but most foods sound terrible and there are only like 5 things I feel like eating (and of course, mostly not healthy foods!). I'm trying to choke down meat for the protein even though it does not taste or sound good right now! Also seem to have developed an aversion to cooking - LOL! Feeling mildly nauseated a lot and then there's the crazy burping! And I've had a lot of headaches. Yesterday my nipples stopped hurting though and I freaked out a bit, as that's what happened with my last miscarriage. Today they're sore again though. I'm simultaneously wishing for more symptoms while moaning over the ones I have!! So nervous for my next scan - still 5 more days. Basically praying nonstop that we'll see two heartbeats.

Hoping you are all well! Hannah - what time is your scan tomorrow?

Sorry to keep popping up in this thread I’m just so happy for you abc! Also I had the worlds worst sore boobs from 4 weeks to 8 weeks then completely nothing, they even deflated! You might even remeber me stressing about this on the board! Anyway she’s kicking away as I type and my boobs are fine and dandy! I also didn’t have sore boobs once with my son!

hannahptrussell
June 11th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Scan complete and was able to see a little baby bee with a heartbeat just fluttering away at 134. They had my edd by lmp and changed my due date by 12 days!!! I was a little worried but then realized I ovulated around cd22 so that accounts for most of the change. And they have always changed mine by about 5 days from that first ultrasound. So whew. Now due January 30. Thanks so much for the support.