PDA

View Full Version : I suck at the LE Diet :(

nyc0404
May 15th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Man I dont know how you all do it but Im struggling with the LE Diet. I feel everyday is a cheat day!!! Im happy Im doing this because I realized so much about myself. Just wanted to say hats off to those that can do this..not easy!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Princess Mom
May 15th, 2018, 09:56 AM
It’s not! I went the vegetarian route and I tell ya the hard part of the diet for me wasn’t even the meat it was the no snacking! Honesty I did a few cheats here and there, don’t stress and try your best! I drank a lot of coffee with little cream equal and cinnamon and I still do lol. I would eat cinnamon pop tarts for lunch I was running out of ideas. Drink a lot of water to fill you up and focus on trying your best to get your girl! I now want to try again for another girl and I’m hesitating about the diet,

SummerHope
May 15th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Your not alone! I really struggle with the diet when it comes to snacking, so I am just trying to focus on stopping snacks and doing vegetarian instead of focusing on counting calories/fat/protein right now. Just gotta take it one step at a time and look at each day as a new opportunity.

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Please give me more specific info about what you're struggling with. Why do you feel every day is a cheat day? Many times when people think they "suck" at the diet it turns out they just have some misconceptions and are actually doing perfect.

It is meant to be an easy to stick to diet so if you're struggling I can often give you some tips to make it easier.

Above all else the most important thing is simply to eat a bit less than you were right before TTC and to a lesser extent, when you got your boy(s). That is most important, the limits are because people needed something concrete but it's ok not to stick in the limits (DO stick with the minimums, don't eat less than that, but it's ok if you go over) as long as you're eating less than you were.

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Just want to clarify about cinnamon, this is not something I want most people eating more than dietary amounts of. it lowers your blood sugar and makes you super hungry. For most people it is not at all necessary, will make it harder to stick to the diet as a whole and will make weight fly off of you. Cinnamon is only for people who have a fair amount of weight to lose (30 lbs or more minimum, more like 50 lbs is best)

Thinkingofthree
May 15th, 2018, 06:58 PM
I’m sure atomic is right and you don’t suck. But if it makes you feel better I agree and I feel like I struggle so much too! I really struggle with not eating meat, I love red meat. I generally do pretty good for 80% of the day but then I suck at meal planning so dinner is often not the best choices. [emoji53][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyc0404
May 15th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Please give me more specific info about what you're struggling with. Why do you feel every day is a cheat day? Many times when people think they "suck" at the diet it turns out they just have some misconceptions and are actually doing perfect.

It is meant to be an easy to stick to diet so if you're struggling I can often give you some tips to make it easier.

Above all else the most important thing is simply to eat a bit less than you were right before TTC and to a lesser extent, when you got your boy(s). That is most important, the limits are because people needed something concrete but it's ok not to stick in the limits (DO stick with the minimums, don't eat less than that, but it's ok if you go over) as long as you're eating less than you were.Its a few things. I say I wont hace breakfast and ill break that...then ill say i wont snack..break that..surprisingly ive gone vegetarian but i keep eating croissants all day!!

Linni
May 16th, 2018, 12:09 AM
Its a few things. I say I wont hace breakfast and ill break that...then ill say i wont snack..break that..surprisingly ive gone vegetarian but i keep eating croissants all day!!

I also thought that I would‘t be able to do the full 12 weeks at the beginning.
But - it became a little easier after a few weeks.
And, what made it much easier for me to stick to it, I try to eat a little fattier than I normally would for breakfast. So I can make sure that I reach my goal of 60g fat every day. For me it‘s the fat that is a make or break for the day. With less than ich 60g I always am unsatisfied and feel hungry right after a meal.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

dreamofdaughter
May 16th, 2018, 10:51 AM
nyc, how long have you been doing it? Don't be too hard on yourself. I've been doing it since late January (got my plan in February because I was finding it tough to know what to do). It took me several weeks to get into a groove and to know offhand what foods I could eat and what I couldn't. I really don't like the tracking aspect but when I stopped tracking I wasn't eating enough, lost too much weight and skipped a period. I think if you have just started, it takes a bit for your brain to rewire to the new eating, you know?

It's true it isn't easy but it does get easier. When i started, I said no way will I be able to do this for 3 months and now I have been doing it for almost 4! :)

Definitely the no snacking is the hardest part but don't beat yourself up if you cave here and there. I don't think it's the end of the world. I think it's the weeks of snacking that adds up! I mean, I absolutely never let myself feel hunger pain before. Now, if I want to snack, I drink some hot water or a decaf coffee (too much caffeine makes me feel weird). I noticed that the hunger pains are worse for me after I have my late breakfast. It's like my body has had some food and wants more more more. So, for me, I try to push the first meal as long as possible because it seems like because it's been so long since I ate, my body is sort of resigning itself, "ok, I guess no food then". Not sure if that makes sense at all.

Good luck. Hang in there. :)

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2018, 05:02 PM
I’m sure atomic is right and you don’t suck. But if it makes you feel better I agree and I feel like I struggle so much too! I really struggle with not eating meat, I love red meat. I generally do pretty good for 80% of the day but then I suck at meal planning so dinner is often not the best choices. [emoji53][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, if you're doing better than you were right before TTC, and also before you got your boy(s) then it's all good even if you aren't always perfect.

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Its a few things. I say I wont hace breakfast and ill break that...then ill say i wont snack..break that..surprisingly ive gone vegetarian but i keep eating croissants all day!!

Do the doable. If you find you always want breakfast, eat it. And if you're having a lot of trouble sticking to 3 meals a day, go to 4 or even 5 if you need to. It will still be better than that kind of all day grazing many of us with all boys have.

Going vegetarian in and of itself has swayed pink anyway so that's all good!

You may also find that if you feel less deprived you'll have more willpower. ARe you eating enough fat, protein, and calories?

nyc0404
May 16th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Do the doable. If you find you always want breakfast, eat it. And if you're having a lot of trouble sticking to 3 meals a day, go to 4 or even 5 if you need to. It will still be better than that kind of all day grazing many of us with all boys have.

Going vegetarian in and of itself has swayed pink anyway so that's all good!

You may also find that if you feel less deprived you'll have more willpower. ARe you eating enough fat, protein, and calories?I really don't know how to count fat etc. What is something i can eat for the required fat needed? Cottage cheese, milk?

Im doing better today than yesterday. I had a falafel wrap then had toast with nutella because i needed something sweet. Does this sound like too much?

Eighme
May 16th, 2018, 07:25 PM
I really don't know how to count fat etc. What is something i can eat for the required fat needed? Cottage cheese, milk?

Im doing better today than yesterday. I had a falafel wrap then had toast with nutella because i needed something sweet. Does this sound like too much?

Sent from my LG-H812 using TapatalkI used My Fitness Pal to count fat, calories, ect. It took all the guess work out for me and I am able to track everything easily and don't have to count!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2018, 10:43 AM
I really don't know how to count fat etc. What is something i can eat for the required fat needed? Cottage cheese, milk?

You look on the labels of the foods you eat (or look up foods without labels online) and then add them up. I think it's easiest to use a pen and paper but others use My Fitness Pal or other similar apps/sites to keep track. You only need to do it for a few days until you get a general feel for how it works.

There is not any one food you need to eat to get your fat. I think it's easiest to stick to diet if you stay flexible on the foods you eat. Dairy is a good way to get some fat but it could also be veg. oil, soy foods, processsed baked goods, eggs, nuts, margarine, mayonnaise, dressing on salad or veg.

I can't tell you if certain foods are too much. I don't know how much you ate! If you ate a ton it would be too much, if you ate a teeny portion it may be too little.

nyc0404
May 17th, 2018, 05:27 PM
You look on the labels of the foods you eat (or look up foods without labels online) and then add them up. I think it's easiest to use a pen and paper but others use My Fitness Pal or other similar apps/sites to keep track. You only need to do it for a few days until you get a general feel for how it works.

There is not any one food you need to eat to get your fat. I think it's easiest to stick to diet if you stay flexible on the foods you eat. Dairy is a good way to get some fat but it could also be veg. oil, soy foods, processsed baked goods, eggs, nuts, margarine, mayonnaise, dressing on salad or veg.

I can't tell you if certain foods are too much. I don't know how much you ate! If you ate a ton it would be too much, if you ate a teeny portion it may be too little.Hi Atomic..how many calories for those BF and can you remind me again of amount of fat and protein needed per day..thanks

nyc0404
May 17th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Hi Atomic..how many calories for those BF and can you remind me again of amount of fat and protein needed per day..thanks

Sent from my LG-H812 using TapatalkSorry one more thing..im a big hot sauce fan..not good for pink??

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Hi Atomic..how many calories for those BF and can you remind me again of amount of fat and protein needed per day..thanks

I like nursing moms to start off at 1800-2000 cals a day. Some people can reduce cals over time but the majority have to continue at that level or even increase to over 2000 a day.

50-60 g protein and fat for nursing moms and you do not count the protein and fat in any fruits or veg (except avocado, where you count fat, and peas/beans where you count protein). Count only calories in higher carb veg and fruit, and then low carb veg are free and unlimited for everything.

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Sorry one more thing..im a big hot sauce fan..not good for pink??

It's fine! There are no forbidden foods for pink.