PDA

View Full Version : things that definitely sway pink?

Lilian78
January 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I've been doing a little reading up on swaying. And honestly, I'm finding it pretty confusing. If I try to sway it definitely will not be a fullblown try to cover all the bases kind of sway, because I feel kind of lost, and I'm not sure I'm willing to put in that much effort :). But I'm open to making a few changes to try and sway things pink a little.

So, is there any one thing (or maybe 2, lol) you really believe definitely has a significant factor in swaying pink (or blue)?

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Lower testosterone in woman, lower sperm count. I would bet my life on those two things. Followed right behind by less EWCM, which I'm slightly less sure about because you may need EWCM for the sperm to reach the egg.

Everything that we think sways, affects one or more of those three things.

Simplest sway - low protein diet with weight loss for the woman, frequent release/abstinence to lower sperm count, antihistamine to dry up CM, tiny dab of spermicide to help kill off some more sperm.

Another princess
January 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Atomic sagebrush, regarding the spermicide to kill off some sperm - how much do u suggest using, which brand, and directions for use? Thankyou.

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
A very tiny dab of the jelly, anywhere from 1/2 a dime to a quarter, depending on how bad you want to get pregnant. Obviously the less you use, the more sperm will survive, increasing chances of pregnancy but also potentially lowering your odds of pink.

Use it as a PART of a bigger sway though, not the only thing. If it's the ONLY thing you're doing, you should use more jelly than that.

I never have used the foams so I can't really say on those.

With the film and the suppository, it's trickier because you can't cut it in half. On both those, you are supposed to wait 15 min. before DTD and it also wears off after an hour or so. I would put it in, then either DTD right away if you've Oed (some sperm will make it through before it dissolves, and keep on trucking for the egg but as it dissolves, most will be killed off) OR if you're going for a cutoff, wait until it's reached whatever it says on the box...it will say reapply within 2 hours or something...and DTD then. It will still kill off some sperm, leaving behind the rest to wait it out in the cervical crypts.

Or, if you do absolutely nothing and use it as designed on the box, 1 out of 5 women will be pregnant in a year anyway! It's not the most reliable form of birth control!!

lindi
January 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Why do spermicides work?

Lilian78
January 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hmmm, I'm willing to lose weight. I'm a big fan of protein but could cut back--how long do you need to do low protein? And what constitutes frequent release lol?

Lilian78
January 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Also, loving the spermicide (low effort and doesn't involve changing my diet ;)). If you just use a little will it really slow down the time it takes to get pregnant? I'm impatient, and get pregnant easily (hate the thought of ttc for a long time, especially if I'm supposed to be making other changes during that time period).

crystal-light
January 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Tagging

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Keep DH on a low Zinc diet, low Vitamin A, low fat but high protein is okay but no red meat for either of you. Calcium and magnesium heavy, but low sodium for both.

Another princess
January 14th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks for reply to spermicide question. Maybe something to consider trying. Possibly for BDs frm end of Af til maybe 4 day cut off and then not use it for the final 1 or 2 bds before a 2-3 day cut off. Therefore theres less sperm waiting frm the earlier BDS and at the same time im not killing off all the sperm.

xnicolax
January 14th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Tagging, and also, there is a lot of what foods you cant eat. What are the good foods that you can eat?

OneLastDream
January 14th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Tagging!

Pixiedoll
January 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Not eating breakfast, this has been clinically proven. It was my biggest change, I followed it for 7 months and I could really feel the difference in my body due to it. I feel it's REALLY important for ttc pink, it's soooo hard to not to eat for hours when you wake up, but god it was worth it for me when I heard those words.....
x

Viene
January 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Keep DH on a low Zinc diet, low Vitamin A, low fat but high protein is okay but no red meat for either of you. Calcium and magnesium heavy, but low sodium for both.

It's best for protein to be minimal too.

OneLastDream
January 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM
What sort of bulky foods would you suggest for DH to eat? Are carbs ok or should they be kept low as well?

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Why do spermicides work?

They lower sperm count and may lower pH. Most spermicide oopses are girls (I have data to back that up but I would have to go looking for it.) There may be other factors at play that we don't understand that favor X sperm.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hmmm, I'm willing to lose weight. I'm a big fan of protein but could cut back--how long do you need to do low protein? And what constitutes frequent release lol?

Low protein - as long as possible in advance of swaying. You can do lower protein/vegetarian for however long you like prior to TTC, then switch to the more restrictive diet 6 weeks before. It may be easier for you to live with that way.

Frequent release is every day for 5 days minimum, preferably for 7-10 days. Twice a day is even better and you may want to do that on the day you actually are TTC - have him release once in the morning, throw it away, then DTD again. Obviously some guys can't do that and abstinence may be a better choice, but abstinence brings with it the risk of less healthy sperm.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Also, loving the spermicide (low effort and doesn't involve changing my diet ;)). If you just use a little will it really slow down the time it takes to get pregnant? I'm impatient, and get pregnant easily (hate the thought of ttc for a long time, especially if I'm supposed to be making other changes during that time period).

Now now, don't be naughty!!! I am the queen of eliminating the unneccesary from swaying and I agree totally that it's best to TTC quick and get it over with because these neverending prolonged detail oriented sways only raise people's testosterone. But still, if you want a good sway, you gotta do the important parts that have evidence to back them up. And diet DOES have evidence to back it up.

IF spermicide is the only thing you do, use MORE. Start with a 1/2 applicator and see what happens.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Tagging, and also, there is a lot of what foods you cant eat. What are the good foods that you can eat?

I was working on that and I will post it now. It's a work in progress so bear with me.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM
What sort of bulky foods would you suggest for DH to eat? Are carbs ok or should they be kept low as well?

Unenriched, low nutrient carbs are fine. Mice fed high carb, low protein, low fat, had more girls.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 12:42 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?761-diet-suggestions-for-TTC-Pink&p=4166#post4166