PDA

View Full Version : 17 week 4D scan - Tech not 100%

TwoMummies
November 13th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hi there

I'm a newbie, this forum was recomended to me as we are trying to work out the gender of our little one.

I had a private gender scan at 17 weeks and the tech said she was pretty certain we were having a girl but could not be 100%.

Everyone who saw the nub shot thought boy, on another forum and the skull theory says boy also so am really doubting that we are indeed having a little girl.

I don't have a potty shot but I do have the video of the scan, the tech zooms in close to the 'bits' several times in both 2D and 4D.

Could any of you take a look and see what you think please?

The said if the 20 week scan person thinks boy they will re-scan for free and double check which leads to me to think there must have been some doubt or why offer this.

Anyway thanks to anyone who can help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQkAsghVB0

love being a mummy
November 13th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Sorry I'm not really sure, that u/s isn't very clear. I am thinking maybe girl.

TTC5
November 14th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Girl :)

Sunset
November 14th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Sorry I'm not really sure, that u/s isn't very clear. I am thinking maybe girl.

This!

TwoMummies
November 14th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Thank you.

Will have to ask them to double check at my 20 week scan.

The tech said girl based on the fact there was no boy parts seen but I know this can be wrong so really suspicious.

At the end of the video you can see where she uses her mouse to point out the genitals and explains that a boy would stick out further.

My last son was a girl at the 20 week scan and came out a boy so finding it so hard to trust them now.

Hope we get a definate answer soon.

Cinss
November 14th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Aww great scan, your bub was playing peekaboo :) i think i didnt see any boy parts

nuthinbutpink
November 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I think it is a girl.

ELP
November 14th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Around the 3.55 and onwards mark there are some side shots of the nub area which although the wrong time for the nub shot are looking very! girly. I'd say they are classic girl side profile views:agree: Definately no snails in sight there:) Can you post the nub shots aswell for us:)

DoulaMama
November 15th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Looks like a girl to me:) xo