PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to lower testosterone??

Another princess
January 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Im sure i read a post on IG saying that it can take 3 months for testosterone levels to reduce. Atomic Sagebrush??

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
No one really knows how long it takes. It does tend to take longer than other aspects of swaying. If you are going for the "perfect" sway, if you can give it 3 months of lowering T through a lower protein diet, great. But that having been said, it may be that the shock to your body of suddenly going on a very strict diet for 6 weeks in advance may bring benefits as well. This is one of those things where you have to do what's right for you - remember, you may not even get pregnant for several months, so starting the diet too far in advance may end up backfiring, if you're on it for so long that you start to grow accustomed to it.

lindi
January 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ugh! Even with diet and herbs for lowering testosterone it could take that long? What are the signs it's lowering?

Viene
January 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ugh! Even with diet and herbs for lowering testosterone it could take that long? What are the signs it's lowering?

Unfortunately, yes. Some signs of it lowering could include decreased libido, less competitive, less energy, more easy going, less muscle mass/feeling weaker perhaps, unwanted hair isn't as course or starts going away...

Viene
January 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah, and a couple of the more noticeable ones might be that your skin and hair is less oily (if you have oily hair to start with), and if you have acne then your skin might start clearing up.

Another princess
January 14th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the replys to my question. Hey good to see you here Ringo. What great moderators we have for the swaying forum!! Viene are you still swaying for another boy? Have you stared to ttc yet?

chachamama
January 14th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I'm not an expert, BUT I want to add that the only change I've made is taking 320mg standardized SP.. I've been on it just about 2 months now and have started to notice a change. I haven't had blood work done to confirm my testosterone is lowering, but I can say that I'm 100% certain the changes aren't just in my head.. LOL So for me, it took about 2 solid months on SP.

Viene
January 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Viene are you still swaying for another boy? Have you stared to ttc yet?

Yes, I am still swaying for another boy. I haven't started ttc quite yet. I am waiting to O once more first and then try, but if other things are right I might try the next time I O.

Another princess
January 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Yes, I am still swaying for another boy. I haven't started ttc quite yet. I am waiting to O once more first and then try, but if other things are right I might try the next time I O.

Well best of luck. Are you planning to sway with ig diet or TW diet? Hope you get a blue BFP very soon!

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 11:25 AM
You can tell if your T levels are dropping, fairly easily. It was glaringly obvious to me, and honestly I was not a believer until I saw it with my own two eyes. In addition to the things Viene mentioned, there are a few others that I've read about or noticed.

Your upper arms will seem smaller and flabbier, your skin will be drier and more fragile, and just to elaborate on the hair issue, I've read that the big toe, around the areola, and anus are places that you will notice less body hair. I had a single hair on my chin from when I was 18 years old that I had to keep plucking every two weeks for 20 years (!) and when I went onto the low protein diet for only a few weeks, it disappeared and hasn't come back since.

I also found that my physical endurance of exercise and even of cold and pain, was drastically reduced.

lindi
January 18th, 2011, 09:57 PM
chachamama: are they the same changes atomic sagebrush mentioned? (I *just* started lowering testosterone since I *just* weaned my son!)