PDA

View Full Version : 12 week loss

djmommy
May 23rd, 2018, 01:44 PM
I am just experiencing a 12 week loss and am feeling so devastated. I found out it was most likely a baby girl. I really wanted a sister for my DD. My history is TTC my DD with light swaying then stopped because I wasn't getting pregnant. I finally conceived my daughter after 2 years exactly and I used femera that cycle. When she was almost 6 months we conceived again which seemed to be a miracle and had a sweet baby boy
No swaying or TTC. Then miraculously again when DS was 7 months we conceived again without swaying or TTC. Everything seemed to be going well was having terrible MS and heard HB many times. Then at 12.4 days we found out baby's heart stopped beating. Not sure the cause. I really want to get pregnant again, would.love amother little girl but not sure what to do. I'm 42 and apparently have low eggs..But I got pregnant 3 x since a fertility Dr told me that. DH probably won t agree to a long TTC if at all. What are the chances of conceiving so quickly after a miscarriage?
Any advice welcome

djmommy
May 23rd, 2018, 01:49 PM
Sorry for typos

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Oh DJ I'm so sorry, I know I said that already but I am so sad for you.

I think the #1 factor is proven fertility and you have that. Obviously time is not on our side but I think you still have a good chance of another successful pregnancy. We often have people up to 43 who have successful pregnancies and even some into their 44th year. After that things do taper off but I know people even 45/46 who have gotten pregnant. So set the time pressure aside, it's not important to us.

Have you had your thyroid checked?

djmommy
June 1st, 2018, 10:05 AM
Thanks so much Atomic. Don't know why that posted twice. Well I had an awful experience with the miscarriage..it was at home but lost a lot of blood, infection ER for 8 hours and I'm still recovering. It has taken a lot out of me so for now I'm focusing on getting myself better for my babies right now. I'm not sure how I will feel in a few months, but unfortunately time is definitely not on my side!!.
Thanks for all your wisdom and support always!!

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2018, 02:26 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry - I hope you're feeling 100% soon.

Just let me know how I can help. :heart:

The Anchor
June 5th, 2018, 01:16 PM
I'm so sorry dj, I hope you heal quickly...

djmommy
June 30th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Thank you both so much. I've had a really rough time. The miscarriage was really rough and about two weeks after that I ended up hemorrhaging and passing lots of clots so I went to the hospital and had to have two blood transfusions and a D&C, so it was pretty traumatic for me. I'm starting to finally feel a little bit better day by day. We moved a few days after I had the D&C so everything was just crazy and stressful. But I'm really sad thinking about the loss and DH does not want to have any more babies so that's another loss and I'm dealing with too. It just makes me appreciate my sweet children even more each day. Trying to figure out how to overcome wanting another when your spouse doesn't that's so tough

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2018, 01:22 PM
OH no I'm so sorry to hear that. :heart: I'm so thankful you're ok.

There are quite a few of us who had to go through that - I don't have any words of wisdom but I have found it gets better over time. I just keep telling myself that this way enables me to have that one on one undivided girl time with my daughter that I woudn't have if I had another girl, and it helps.

djmommy
July 1st, 2018, 10:18 PM
I keep telling myself the same Atomic....��

atomic sagebrush
July 3rd, 2018, 09:31 AM
:hugs: Please let us know how we can help, DJ. :heart:

djmommy
July 6th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Thank you ❤❤