PDA

View Full Version : 12 week scan- boy or girl?

babyhart2
November 15th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I went for my nt scan this week, and the baby was measuring 12w6d (I thought I was 12w1d). The doctor said she's 80% sure it's a boy- does anyone have any guesses? I've been reading about the nub theory online, and I can't really see a nub in the 2D picture, but to me the nub in the 3D pictures look very boy-like. Can you even tell from 3D pictures? We were hoping for a girl because we already have a son, but we'll be happy with two boys as well.

Thanks so much for your guesses! (And sorry if these photos are too big- I couldn't figure out how to make them smaller)

ELP
November 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I've never seen a nub in 3d but you're right! that does look like the nub and it does look very boyish:) Please update us when you find out as this one is going to be really interesting, GLXX

DoulaMama
November 15th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I have to agree with ELP. Looks very boyish to me! I've never seen a 3d nub though! Keep us posted!!

TTC5
November 15th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Wow looks very boyish!

love being a mummy
November 15th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I've never seen a nub in 3d but you're right! that does look like the nub and it does look very boyish:) Please update us when you find out as this one is going to be really interesting, GLXX

I agree

nuthinbutpink
November 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM
That is a super cool shot but the way that pic is taken could go either way, I think. If it is a girl, you would still see a nub like that and to us it looks like it is sticking up but it could just be the direction that image was taken. Great pic though showing a nub!

Flava
November 15th, 2011, 08:14 AM
maybe boy? I don't think we can tell for sure from a 3D pic. But the 2D have a boyish head lol. GL!

babyhart2
November 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for all your replies! It sounds like my son is going to get a little brother :)

I will definitely post an update after I have my 20 week scan. I was surprised at how much you can see in the 3D pictures, even at 12 weeks! We'll see if they're accurate for nub prediction (at least in my case, anyway).

My Fabulous Children
November 24th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Lean boy, GL.