PDA

View Full Version : TTC girl after 2 boys

Bcasp704
June 11th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Hi!
I have been doing so much research over the past month on ways to conceive a girl. I have 2 wonderful sons (6 yrs old & 2 yrs old) my husband and I are ready for baby #3 and while we would love either a boy or girl I am starting to get out numbered 😂. I ovulate at the end of this week so these are the sways I was going to attempt : only having 1 attempt in my fertile window probably a day or two before O. Use rephresh the night before DTD. Have DH get a hot shower before. Shallow position. I haven’t followed a strict diet but I do not eat a lot during the day so I’m hoping that helps me. If there are any positive suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Hi and welcome!

Best thing you can do at the last minute is one attempt! So be sure you keep that in the mix as longa s you can.

The RepHresh has not really seemed to work for us. It's fine to use that to start with but be sure you drop it before adding attempts.

Hot shower has never been shown to sway - at your discretion but drop that before adding attempt

Shallow release has never been shown to sway and has REALLY cut odds of conception. I really don't recommend it at all, after all we KNOW one attempt works and so doing shallow release simply cuts odds of conceiving with one attempt!! If you do want to try it, just be sure you drop it before adding attempts.

Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

Bcasp704
June 13th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Thank you so much for the response! What is your opinion on replens lubricant? I’ve read mixed reviews on that.

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2018, 03:44 PM
None of the jellies have worked. We didn't track Replens in and of itself since it's impossible to track everything, but I can't imagine since Acijel, Sylk, and RepHresh haven't swayed, that Replens would! :)

Bcasp704
June 18th, 2018, 07:20 AM
Thank you so much! I haven decided to wait until next month so I had a little bit more time to try and sway. I’ve started cutting out my breakfast and just having a coffee in the morning ( I wake up some days at 5am so it’s necessary lol ) keeping a low calorie diet throughout the day, drinking a glass of cranberry juice and water throughout the day (with my boys I was never a water drinker and seemed dehydrated most of the time) then I am going to abstain and try O-1 to conceive. My ovulation is very regulated so I have pin pointed the day. Is there anything else you may think I should change or add to my diet? Also should I start prenatals or just folic acid?

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Coffee in the morning is fine, we all have that.

cranberry juice is pointless for a sway. It's not concentrated enough to do anything (you'd need cranberry supplements to do that) and even the cranberry suppleemnts have not worked. So you are adding nutrients to your diet for no reason since the cranberry juice does nothing. I'd ditch that.

You need to be careful not to go TOO low cal. Can you define what you mean by "low cal?"

Going onto a calorie restricted diet can change your ovulation so do be aware of that! You may want to back that up with OPK just to be sure you are really going to O on time.

Just folic acid, prenatals may sway blue.

Bcasp704
June 18th, 2018, 01:00 PM
I probably phrased it incorrectly. I’m just trying to cut out the calories of snacking and keeping my meals simple and not over indulging. I have a tendency of snacking in the evenings especially after a smaller dinner that doesn’t fill me, or grabbing chocolate after a meal 😬 .... I’ll forget about be cranberry juice. I also started light workouts since I read that could have an impact on the sway. Thank you so much for the responses and giving your advice. It’s amazing that you take so much time out of your day to try and help others out!

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
No it's fine, I just want to be very sure you're getting enough. Many times when people tell me they are eating a low cal diet, I come to find out they are eating 500 calories a day and telling everyone "I'm on LE Diet" but that is NOT LE Diet. LE Diet is a safe pre-conception diet, not starvation, and staying above the minimums is the most important part.

What I did was that I had 3 meals (both 2 and 3 meals are fine on LE) but timed one of them to be a bedtime-ish snack. I am also a nighttime grazer and that was the only way I could stick with it. So I had a meal at 11ish, one at 4-6 pm sometime in there, and then around 9, an hour or so before I went to bed.

Bcasp704
June 18th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Sounds great thank you! Do you suggest work outs as well? I’m trying to do the opposite of how my lifestyle was when I had my two boys and I most certainly did not work out lol

Bcasp704
June 19th, 2018, 06:01 AM
And what is your thoughts on watermelon? For whatever reason I have been eating so much of it

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Yes I recommend exercise, we've had great results with it.

Be careful when "doing the opposite" that you only "do the opposite" on things that were actually swaying blue for you! As a general rule I think it's best to do what works for most people, most of the time, and not just try to reverse everythign in your life when you got boys. The reason is because you can sometimes get boys not because of something, but in spite of it. So let's say you come into TTC 80% set for boys (theoretical number I'm just making up) and you did something that swayed pink for you hugely, 20%, and ended up 60% likely to have a boy. That 20% pink sway is still a huge huge amount, but you could still be TTC more likely to have a boy than a girl. OR, you could have been at 50-50 and gotten to 30% likely to have a boy and then just had it not go your way and been in the 30% of those who got boys anyway. You'd not want to do the opposite of whatever that was the next time because you'd be swaying even more blue! So just do what has worked best for everyone the majority of the time rather than doing the opposite.

Watermelon is fine. Individual foods don't really sway, it's the overall nutrient content of your diet that matters and not any magic food. :)

Bcasp704
June 28th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Thank you for all the feedback! I have been trying my best to stay on the LE diet with some cheats here and there lol I also have tried cutting out my breakfast more or keeping it very light. I have been taking folic acid as well. Is eating chicken and eggs during the same day too much protein? I have been staying away from red meats but chicken is my weakness. I should be getting my period at the end of the week so we will be TTC in about 2 weeks. We are going to abstain and then attempt one time in the fertile window (the day before possitive ovulation test) I have been drinking a glass of crystal light a day also. If there are any last minute things you think could sway more for me I would love to hear it!! Again thank you so much!!

RaisingGentlemen3
June 30th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Just wanted to chime in and say Good luck! Looks like we will be attempting at the same-ish time in July! And we are doing several things the same.
Atomic could you take a look at my sway I posted please?

RaisingGentlemen3
June 30th, 2018, 10:03 AM
My dh found a study done on different lines that showed which ones decreased sperm count, didn't affect sperm, or caused DNA damage. Sylk was found to immobilized sperm temporarily up to 70% so decreasing sperm count considerably. But no damage was done to the sperm DNA itself. So we are using sylk to decrease sperm count and sway girl

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Eating chicken and eggs both in the same day is ~probably~ going to put you over in protein. But if you can fit them both in, that's fine, just be aware that if you get a lot of protein from chicken and eggs, you're going to have nothing left to "spend" for the rest of the day. This can often turn into a starvation diet where you've maxed out your protein from chicken and/or eggs and have only eaten like 400 cals and then since grains, dairy, legumes, soy all have protein in them, you can't any. This ends up turning into a really poor diet of chicken, gummy worms, and cucumbers or whatever and people end up too low in fat and calories.

Nothing you do at the last minute really seems to make any difference. Jump and dump ~may~ add a little something (getting up right after sex and going to the bathroom and wiping away any excess semen) Most people do this after 5 minutes to have some benefits of the J and D without cutting odds of conception quite so far.

Bcasp704
July 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM
I am expected to have a positive ovulation test on Sunday (I am very regular with ovulation time every month) we DTD last night (Friday) so it’s best to just use that as the one time in fertile window correct?

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Well, it depends. That will end up likely being quite far out from ovulation (since O will generally happen 1-2 days after positive OPK) and so it's going to be a longshot to conceive with that timing. It's up to you, if you prefer absolute best chance of pink and are ok with lower odds of conception I'd stick with that attempt, but if you want better chances of conception OR don't get a pos OPK till Monday or beyond that, I'd have another attempt.

Bcasp704
July 17th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Need some advice!! So we DTD Friday, and then again on Sunday. Although on Sunday we did very shallow penetration (as shallow as almost pulling out) I was expected to get a Positive ovulation Sunday/Monday. I thought both Sunday and Monday was my positive ovulation days, but now it is Tuesday and it is VERY positive. Came up right away and was very dark lines. I was cramping Monday and Tuesday (today) So now I am in a pacnic that dtd Sunday is too far out. Should I have another attempt tonight?? Or stick to the shallow attempt on Sunday for better odds of conceiving a girl??

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Yes please have another attempt, that's going to be very slim chances otherwise.

Bcasp704
July 29th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Figured I would give an update! Got my BFP yesterday!! I am having some small brown discharge mostly when I go to the bathroom so I’m hoping that’s normal as I did not have it with my other two pregnancies! I feel my sway wasn’t very strict so we will see!

atomic sagebrush
July 30th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Huge congrats!! Yes that is very normal and many of us have had that myself included. Good luck and pink dust!

Bcasp704
October 8th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Hi! Just wanted to update everyone. We are expecting our little girl in April!!!! Not sure what all really swayed or not but this is what I did : The LE Diet (but wasn’t very strict about it), drank crystal lite 3-4x a day, DTD every other day and on O day, did shallow penetration and went to the bathroom right after. Not sure if all or any of these really swayed or if it was just luck but I wanted to give all the things that I did 😊

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Huge congrats! If you have time, adding your sway to our database is really helpful! https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/

Enjoy every moment!

Noemi2017
October 8th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Congrats:celebrate: im very happy u got your girl:LotsofLove:

ThinkingofPink
October 8th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Congratulations! I hope you add your sway to the database to help others (like myself lol). So exciting!

Linni
October 11th, 2018, 04:47 AM
Congrats:celebrate: im very happy u got your girl:LotsofLove:

Another question... how can you add a sway with „GENDER UNKNOWN“? I‘m afraid that I don’t remember everything by the time we finally find out the gender...so I would like to add my sway even now..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Linni
October 11th, 2018, 04:50 AM
I can only chose Boy Girl or Intersex...

Linni
October 11th, 2018, 04:51 AM
Aaaah. Just found it :D :D