PDA

View Full Version : calcium

Coccinelle33
November 16th, 2011, 07:56 AM
After stopping taking it and stopping eating/drinking dairy for months I really think that I want to add the calcium and magnesium back in. Im not wanting to drink milk or eat any cheeses though because I agree they are way to much other good stuff in them and high in sodium.... so how much cal/mag should I be taking by pill form? And what else can I eat or drink that is high in calcium but nothing else?

rainbowflower
November 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I'm taking a supp - 800mg calcium, 7.5mcg vit D (helps with calcium absorption), and folic acid... for a short while I was taking 300mg magnesium supp along with it, but chose to stop that.
I certainly wouldn't take more than 300mg magnesium

Coccinelle33
November 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
can i ask why you stopped the magnesium?

rainbowflower
November 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
it's easy to get magnesium through diet (chocolate contains a fair bit), and it can be bad for you to take too much

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Bumping for more responses

Danonino yogurts are these very small yogurts for kids that have extra calcium in them for picky eaters. So for 60 cals, 2 g fat, 3 g protein, 70 mg potassium and 20 mg sodium, you get twice the calcium. I give them to my little boy because he can only eat a couple bites without getting full.

sweetsister
November 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
We have danonino here but they come as yogurt drinks for kids also,And the adult version is called actimel its almost no salt and low fat,but high calcium,not sure if you can get them there though?