PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward after miscarriage

kikurose
June 21st, 2018, 02:45 PM
Hi all...

I've was swaying pink. At 7 weeks pregnant I began to bleed and I've kept bleeding for about 5 days now with cramping. I went in and the u/s showed a yolk sac and gestational sac but no fetal pole. My HCG was only 4200. I go in again on Tuesday for another scan, but I am pretty sure I am miscarrying. I don't feel pregnant at all, like I did a few weeks ago.

I'm trying to think about next steps. Atomic (or anyone), what do you recommend for trying again? I'll obviously ask my OB as well, I'm thinking a d&c would have a different prognosis than if it passes naturally, but I don't know. I'd like to try again as soon as possible, I'm curious if you have any idea on if TTC after a loss sways at all? I just want a healthy baby, seriously, at this point. But I'm curious since my eating has not been according to sway at all and I've been on prenatals, obviously.

Also, should I switch to folate? I've been on folic acid. Could that help?

emshe
June 22nd, 2018, 04:03 AM
Oh kikurose I am so sorry you are going through this, my thoughts and sympathies are with you. I am sure I have read on here before that it seems a loss helps sway pink. Be kind to yourself it is such a tough time to go through & we are all here for you. Moving forward was my coping mechanism after my losses, but I知 not sure that works for everyone, whatever you feel comfortable doing is what is best for you

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2018, 02:38 PM
Oh gosh I'm so sorry to read this. :heart:

We believe TTC after a loss sways pink but it's no magic bullet. I have a lot of info in this thread that may be helpful https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/29504-guide-swaying-after-miscarriage.html

You can normally try sooner after a natural uncomplicated loss than a D and C.

I would switch to folate just to be on the safest side.

kikurose
June 22nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
Thank you atomic and emshe! Yes, carrying on and trying again is what痴 helping me right now. Just need to figure out if this will pass naturally or not. Great resource atomic- mahalo for that!!

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2018, 09:44 AM
Please keep us posted and let me know if you need anything at all!!!

kikurose
June 24th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Please keep us posted and let me know if you need anything at all!!!

Thank you! So far seems to be a slow process but I値l know more Tuesday. If given the option do you have any insight on a D&C vs. the medicine?

ABC.2606
June 24th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Kiku - Sorry again that you are going through this :( Just to give you my experience, as I was in that spot a couple of months back... I was given three options - wait it out and see if I miscarry naturally, medicine or D&C. I got some feedback from a few ladies on here and heard a couple of terrible stories about the medication (basically, it didn't work completely, there was retained tissue, messed up future cycles, etc.). I'm sure a lot of people have better experiences with it but those couple of stories were enough to scare me off, so I chose a D&C. My OBGYN's office actually does them in office - so there's no anesthesia (just a shot in the bum of what they call "super strong tylenol") and the actual procedure took 5-10 minutes. It was very simple, no pain, no complications afterwards. I spotted off and on for about 2 weeks after which is pretty normal for a miscarriage/D&C. But my first AF came 23 days after the D&C and my first cycle after that was normal. And, what I liked is that by doing the D&C I knew for sure that everything was "gone" and there wouldn't be an issue with retained tissue. The doc did an ultrasound before, during and after the D&C to make sure she got everything. So I was very glad I chose that route. There are a few risks I guess with D&Cs which is what initially made me hesitant about it but I think the way they are doing them these days is more "gentle" than they used to do which minimizes the risks.

Hoping you get a clear answer on Tuesday and whatever happens of course we're all here for you!!

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Thank you! So far seems to be a slow process but I’ll know more Tuesday. If given the option do you have any insight on a D&C vs. the medicine?

There are good stories and horror stories from both. I think you have to go with what feels right to you - some prefer a more "natural" approach where they're more in charge of events, others want to have the D and C and be done with it. Follow your heart and gut and do whichever one feels right. :heart:

kikurose
June 25th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Thank you so much ABC. I have so much anxiety heading into the appointment tomorrow, but having clarity and next steps will be good.

And thanks atomic. I致e learned there are horror stories every where for everything.

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2018, 01:30 PM
How are you doing today, Kiku?? :heart:

kikurose
July 6th, 2018, 12:29 AM
How are you doing today, Kiku?? :heart:

Sorry for the delay! I went in for an ultrasound and there was a weak heartbeat and I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. On Monday went again and it had stopped. Had the d and C today. I had nerves but seems to have gone well. I知 already anxious to try again but I知 pretty sure we need to wait a cycle. I知 so torn about swaying girl but wanting to have a healthy bean!

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Oh no I'm so sorry to read this - how can I help?

kikurose
July 8th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Thanks atomic! I think I知 having some serious hormone crashes because I知 definitely handling it worse than I was before the D&C. I知 hoping things stabilize soon and I can try again❤️

ABC.2606
July 8th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Kiku I actually remember Googling "hormone crash after D&C" in that first week or so after my D&C because I could barely cope with my feelings. I was in a terrible emotional state for a few weeks. I think that yes it's definitely the crash of hormones, but also your emotions are catching up with you now that the waiting and physical part is over.

Hang in there - It sucks. But it DOES get easier and you will start feeling better again!! For me it was like after awhile each day just got a little easier and I started to feel normal again.

Hugs!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Thanks atomic! I think I’m having some serious hormone crashes because I’m definitely handling it worse than I was before the D&C. I’m hoping things stabilize soon and I can try again❤️

I'm so sorry - we're here to listen if you need us.