PDA

View Full Version : Wrong gender

asiamarmolejo
June 29th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Has anyone experienced giving birth to what they were told to be a girl or boy and at the time of birth you found out it was the opposite sex?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RaisingGentlemen3
June 30th, 2018, 10:06 AM
I haven't personally experienced this but I had a friend that was told girl and gave birth to a boy 7 yrs ago. I'm not sure how well her US went or if they weren't too positive bc she never showed me. Hth. Also hope I didn't cause any anxiety

asiamarmolejo
June 30th, 2018, 11:44 AM
I haven't personally experienced this but I had a friend that was told girl and gave birth to a boy 7 yrs ago. I'm not sure how well her US went or if they weren't too positive bc she never showed me. Hth. Also hope I didn't cause any anxietyThat makes me feel better that it was 7 yrs ago lol. Just keep thinking im having a boy even tho ive been told girl

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2018, 06:43 PM
It happens only very, very rarely now.

The important thing is that you have your ultrasound at a reliable time - not too early and not too late. Wait till into the 13th week to have a nub ultrasound, wait till the 16th week or better still, 18th to have a potty shot, becuase the difference between boys and girls is not clear any sooner than that. And if your baby is older than 24 weeks do NOT rely on what they say on the ultrasound (particularly if twins) because the baby gets soo jammed in there you can't clearly see the genitals.

OR, for best results have a NIP-T (also called "Nifty") test and know for sure without having to have the risk of incorrect ultrasounds!