PDA

View Full Version : Confused now

love being a mummy
November 17th, 2011, 04:03 AM
deleted

TTC5
November 17th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I guess you need to do some serious soul searching hey. I hope you come up with a decision you are happy with :)

XXX

nuthinbutpink
November 17th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I can relate to this. I would love to be more involved with my kids' school while they are still young enough to love having me there! I know when they are older they might not want me to!

If you are going to tailspin if you have a girl, I wouldn't do it then. You obviously have a full life, sound like a good mom that wants to be involved, etc.

I'm sure you'll sort it out.

angel in a pink sky
November 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I agree with NBP. How old are you? Do you have the luxury of waiting a few years and then going back for your last baby? If so, maybe that is an option to consider. I am sure you will make the right decision for your family.

Kitten
November 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I hope you come to a decision that you will be at peace with.

purple sky
November 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I think about that too. Now that all my boys are in school I actually have a lot of flexibility to help out. I guess you really have a lot to think about. Do you have your mom or dh's mom to help out with the baby so you can help out at least occasionally?

love being a mummy
November 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I can relate to this. I would love to be more involved with my kids' school while they are still young enough to love having me there! I know when they are older they might not want me to!

If you are going to tailspin if you have a girl, I wouldn't do it then. You obviously have a full life, sound like a good mom that wants to be involved, etc.

I'm sure you'll sort it out.
Thanks, I hope so.

I agree with NBP. How old are you? Do you have the luxury of waiting a few years and then going back for your last baby? If so, maybe that is an option to consider. I am sure you will make the right decision for your family.
I will be 29 next month. I don't think I want a big gap. I am still in mummy mode iykwim All my kids are less then 3 yrs apart. I don't want this baby to feel like out. If I wait too long I feel that the older kids will be more like aunties/unlces then bro/sis. I want this baby to grow up with them not after them. Does that make sense?

I hope you come to a decision that you will be at peace with.
Thank you

I know exactly how you feel. I think about that too. Now that all my boys are in school I actually have a lot of flexibility to help out. I guess you really have a lot to think about. Do you have your mom or dh's mom to help out with the baby so you can help out at least occasionally?
My mum and my MIL are both in heaven.

I've been thinking about this and I feel that if I don't try I will probably regret it. Seems silly now to change my whole life plans just so I can help out in the canteen lol
I'll have plenty of time in the future to help out in the canteen.
I can still help out now while ttc and until bub is born.

Cinss
November 17th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I've been thinking about this and I feel that if I don't try I will probably regret it. Seems silly now to change my whole life plans just so I can help out in the canteen lol

Perfect!!!

Sorry to hear about your mum and mil. xx

Lilian78
November 17th, 2011, 08:38 PM
What helped me when deciding whether I really want another is thinking about how I would feel in 5-10 years ... I don't think waiting really helps because you get used to more focus on yourself, older kids, etc. I know I would have been happy running marathons, not sucking so much at work, and not being sleep deprived for a few more years. But eventually, I would have regretted not having another. So that's how I decided to just suck it up and have one more ... Now, if you know you want another but only want a boy It would be worth at least considering HT. If you can avoid trying again just for gender and being disappointed that would obviously be ideal. Wishing you lots of luck!

love being a mummy
November 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
How much is HT and what is the success rate.
I've never really thought about it, I sort of thought it was mainly for people who were having problems conceiving.

Lilian78
November 17th, 2011, 08:53 PM
How much is HT and what is the success rate.
I've never really thought about it, I sort of thought it was mainly for people who were having problems conceiving.

I spent close to $20,000 for just one cycle--but it was the best money I ever spent. Looks like youre from austalia so that would complicate things. And the success rates are not as good as you might think for those with no fertility problems ... Maybe check out the HT forums for some info It does feel a little odd to go to such lengths when you could conceive naturally but having a baby is a big commitment--I really feel it's often the best alternative.

love being a mummy
November 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I spent close to $20,000 for just one cycle-
OMG!

ooks like youre from austalia so that would complicate things.
Yeah I am from Aus.

purple sky
November 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I agree that you will have plenty of time to help out later as well as while you are ttc and pregnant. That's how I'm going about it too. I do think that if I don't have another I will regret later on.
GL I'm sure you will make the right decision for your family :)

Glittergirl
November 18th, 2011, 12:29 AM

It looks like deep down you have made up your mind :)

love being a mummy
November 18th, 2011, 03:33 AM
It looks like deep down you have made up your mind :)
Yeah I think I have.
I've been taking all the supps and doing the diet, I think I should at least try an attempt this cycle and see what happens.

auroara78
November 18th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'm excited about you trying! Good luck love being a mummy

love being a mummy
November 19th, 2011, 03:55 AM
I'm excited about you trying! Good luck love being a mummy
Thank you :)