PDA

View Full Version : Swaying for a Girl - Diet Help please

OneLastDream
January 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hi, I have been on the IG diet for a few months now and have been drinking tons of milk, eating low fat yoghurt, frozen raspberries, boiled fish and occasional chicken and following the IG recipes and thought we were doing really well. I think I have lowered my testosterone - mainly because I have completely gone off it (sorry TMI!!!) but I have been reading lots of posts on this site and now I am not sure if I am actually eating the correct things - I would appreciate as much help as possible. Thanks :happy:

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
The IG diet has worked for a lot of people. If it's working for you, that's great, carry on. This is a no-magic-foods zone ;) Just by changing your diet so dramatically, eating less protein and lowering your salt intake, you've already done tons towards your sway.

I do think fish particularly, but all proteins, should be as limited as you can manage. I would also do skim dairy if you can.

Are you losing at least a little weight?

OneLastDream
January 13th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks - how many times a week would you have chicken or fish? I have been having either semi or 1% organic milk so I will swap to skimmed. I have lost nearly 2 stone since starting. I do find it really hard to get my ph to 4 though and had to use lime but I am convinced that will kill all the sperm - what vinegar do you use with the vinegar douche?

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 11:47 AM
As little as you can bear. I would say, save it for when you REALLY need it, as in you're going to MIL's for dinner and need an excuse as to why you're eating craisins and yogurt!!!

Plain white vinegar is the best for douching, but lime works too.

How is your CM? Do you have a lot? And are you taking any supplements (either cranberry or baby aspirin) to make you more acidic?

I would try
a)take an antihistamine to dry up extra CM
b)douche with lime or vinegar BEFORE BD, if and only if you want to and you seem to still have a lot of CM (you probably won't)
c)tiny dab of spermicide before DTD, and rePhresh if it works for you
d) jump and dump to get rid of the extra semen
e) leave the rest of it in God's hands. Don't check your pH again after that. Men's semen is higher in pH and your pH will naturally rise after DTD because of the semen. This is true for all men whether they father boys or girls and it will only make you worry unneccesarily. Getting obsessed over things like pH, all it does is keep your testosterone levels high. Keep taking the antihistamine until you're sure the egg is either fertilized or dead.

OneLastDream
January 16th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Thank you - what type of antihistamine is best? I am not sure where to get rePhresh from - I will search again to see if anyone sends worldwide, also what type of spermicide do you recommend? Is the vinegar still mixed with distilled water - same as the lime? I used a lime tampon last time after - is this not a good idea? Thanks for all your help and sorry for all the questions!

Pixiedoll
January 16th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hello, I used Piriton everyday in my sway until a few days after I ovulated (at night and it would help me sleep as well-worked a treat!), and I used Replens I bought from Boots. I used Lime for a douche but barely any the month I conceived. I found the Replens more helpful.
x

OneLastDream
January 17th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Thank you! I have just been to boots all stocked up now! Piriton has different ingredients from the other ones said on here - are they still ok? x

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM
The one I like best is Zyrtec/cetirizine, but if it dries up your CM and you can live with the side effects, I'm sure it will be ok.

Replens is similar to RepHresh. http://www.rephresh.com/ RepHresh tends to lower your pH more than Replens does. Some people have found that RePhresh causes a rebound effect in their body that can actually raise their pH, so you may want to play around with it a bit and see what happens.

You're supposed to use distilled water and 7% vinegar to make a douche with. I think that's why most people were using lime, it was less work!! To make 7% vinegar, take regular vinegar and stick it in the freezer until a layer of ice forms on the top, remove the layer of ice and keep freezing. Do this 5 times and the vinegar should be at 7%.

Lime tampon is fine if you want to use it. People have had success with douching before and after BD and lime tampon and I wouldn't blame a soul for wanting to emulate that success.

Personally, I think that's all a ghastly amount of work. I think it adds a ton of stress and obsession that can only raise your testosterone levels and it drives husbands insane. That's why I favor antihistamines to dry up CM, RePhresh to lower pH, jump and dump to get rid of excess semen, and a bit of spermicide to kill off some of the excess sperm. I think they accomplish the exact same goals as the douching and tampon without the complicated instructions and worry over whether you're doing it right.

Pixiedoll
January 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Thank you! I have just been to boots all stocked up now! Piriton has different ingredients from the other ones said on here - are they still ok? x

Hang on a minute-am going nuts-I used Cirtirizine Hydrochloride, not Piriton, am losing the plot. I used Boots own it was great..oops sorry!

lindi
January 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
also...if you can get milk without added vit. d all the better!

OneLastDream
January 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks! would it say it on the bottle? What about vitamin B12?

lindi
January 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
do you mean would it say vit d on the bottle? Yeah- just look at the nutritional info. I don't know about b12. b6 raises progesterone which I think helps. Here is the study that talks about high progesterone and low estrogen/testosterone: http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/6/1250.full