PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Snowflakes
January 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I was also an IG member and have been following this site since it began :bigsmile:

My hubby and I live in Australia, we have 2 sons and would love a daughter.

With hopes to add to our family, we have researched alot into overseas adoption. Although adoption in Australia is an extremely lengthy process (4-7 years) with fewer children being adopted each year :sad: The Australian Government really need to pick up their act here. (We were also told that we would not be able to put a preference to a adopt a female child.)

This brings us back to our original thoughts of IVF/PGD. We are currently looking at cycling at either HRC or RFC in the U.S. mid year. Good excuse to take the kids on a family holiday :wink:

I am closely following the stories of the Australian girls cycling in the U.S. at the moment. I am hoping and praying that they all get BFP's!! It's certainly about time Aussie's got some :luck:

Liv
January 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Welcome! HRC and RFC are both great choices. This board has a ton of great info and some very well-informed HT mamas.

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 11:41 AM
:happy:Hi there! Glad you finally said hello! Look forward to getting to know you!

Bee Shine
January 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM
welcome to the site! That is a crazy wait for adoption.

Another princess
January 14th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Welcome. Really hope you get your daughter.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Welcome! Best of luck!!!

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Good to see you here - I look forward to seeing you on the HT boards too.