Swayed: [emoji169] Hoping for: [emoji175] Having: Team [emoji172]
Due Date: March 31, 2019

Username: Gafan
Swayed: [emoji175] Having:
Due Date: April 3, 2019

Throwaway_panther
August 2nd, 2018, 07:15 PM
Yay, new thread!

Had an annoying interaction with someone today. She was clearly pregnant and had a son and DD was playing with him. The mom asked if she was my only and I mentioned I was pregnant and she seemed surprised and asked when. It turned out she was only a month ahead of me, but even another mom was surprised I was pregnant too. The preggo mom then went, "Oh well we're having another boy, so that's why I'm all out front. I always wonder if we had a girl if I'd be flatter too." And gestured to my stomach, as if assuming it must be a girl. Which I can't let go of now.

I KNOW how you carry is an OWT, and I remember so many people thought DD was a girl because I was "all baby in front" -- but I DO get self conscious because my SIL (the only one who thought DD would be a girl) thought I carried like I was having a girl around 6 months -- and honestly, I thought this woman today was having a boy even from just seeing her bump from afar. :(

It's set off a lot of really bad GD. So much so that I've even thought, "I wish I had found out early so I could have not had another girl." Like this is the most triggered I've been, maybe because it's the first implied girl guess? And i was certainly was right about her by bump alone :/

Pretty
August 2nd, 2018, 07:48 PM
I’m so sorry, ya know it never ceases to amaze me what people will say... I’m pretty sure I’m carrying this one in my hips and butt... my muscle tone is absolutely terrible and always has been, which I 100% believe determines bump shape and size.

Pretty
August 2nd, 2018, 07:53 PM
I should clarify I’m just huge. My stomach is huge. I could tell people I’m due any day and no one would question it. I’m totally like a turtle on its back every time I get up lol and it’s a girl

Throwaway_panther
August 2nd, 2018, 08:20 PM
I’m so sorry, ya know it never ceases to amaze me what people will say... I’m pretty sure I’m carrying this one in my hips and butt... my muscle tone is absolutely terrible and always has been, which I 100% believe determines bump shape and size.

Right? And truly I felt empathy because other things she said totally made me think she had her own GD -- but her trying to throw it on me is so shitty. And I read that it IS muscle tone and body shape so I'm frustrated that this has taken over as my latest OWT to obsess over. And I am SURE you are not as big as you think. I think we get practically dysmorphic when we're pregnant because it's such a sudden, temporary change. I looked up pics of me when I was the same gestation with DD and can't believe I thought I looked pregnant -- I really didn't look it at all! Our eyes can be so deceiving once our bodies start changing!

Mommy2apples
August 2nd, 2018, 08:28 PM
Doesn’t mean crap. I was carrying my girl high and gained weight every where. Brads cousin was also carrying a girl beach ball belly gained weight no where else. We were due a week a part.

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

Throwaway_panther
August 2nd, 2018, 08:41 PM
Doesn’t mean crap. I was carrying my girl high and gained weight every where. Brads cousin was also carrying a girl beach ball belly gained weight no where else. We were due a week a part.

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017��due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

Thank you! I need so many reminders. My other SIL had a girl when I had DD and hers was like this low baskeball just in front -- then her second girl she gained everywhere. A cousin had a boy for her first and a girl for her second and she was just swollen everywhere with not really a discernible bump so much as just a really round and wide front for both?

I know better. I wish I didn't let these comments or OWT
get to me.

ABC.2606
August 2nd, 2018, 09:53 PM
Yea once I again I think that whole thing is just crap. Your body carries a baby the way it knows how to carry it - that's all.

At the risk of being your second annoying interaction today (and I really don't mean to & I know you know I mean well), you're just going to drive yourself completely crazy the rest of the pregnancy by focusing so much on these OWT (as well as the comments from everyone around you) that really, really have no basis in fact. And I know we all do it - I've Googled just about every pregnancy symptom in the book I think & not one of them have I ever found a clear correlation to gender. Every single one you see some people saying they had it with boys, some with girls, some with both, some with neither. Heck as far as the being more sick with girls thing, I'm no more sick this pregnancy than I was with my boys, and I'm not just carrying a girl, I'm carrying TWINS! By that OWT and just the fact that twins are supposed to make you sicker, my head should have been stuck in a toilet this whole pregnancy so far! I've had quite a bit of nausea this time but have actually thrown up a LOT less than I did with the boys. As such, I'm gaining weight WAAAAAY faster than with my boys (in fact I gained no weight in the first trimester with them - even lost weight with DS1), and like Pretty I feel huge! I've gained probably 10 lbs already and my thighs and stomach just feel BLECH. But, I lost 50 lbs over my 1 year+ swaying and was at my lowest adult weight ever when I got pregnant so that probably affects my perception too. I'm still at a lower weight than I've been most of my adult life. But like you kind of said above our own perceptions get distorted sometimes by different factors.

I often wonder if with all the worry you're going through about all these things if you wouldn't be better off finding out the gender, but I know you've said you're more worried about your reactions/emotions if you found out it was girl and the effect on the rest of the pregnancy. So I get that and know you're doing what's best for you, and I wont pressure you to change your mind! I just wish there was a way you could - if you aren't finding out - be able to find more peace with the pregnancy without all these things getting to you so much! And again - I mean that in the nicest way... I just hate to see you so stressed so much! It's such a difficult place to be in I know. I was a full on wreck the night we opened the NIPT report and honestly couldn't decide if I wanted to know or not. I wanted to know so much but ONLY if I could know there was at least one girl and if there wasn't, I didn't want to know at all - ever! LOL! Such a weird range of emotions!

I'm still sayin' let's just all pray/keep our fingers crossed that you get an accidental penis shot on the day of your anatomy scan! That would be AMAZING! :)

Throwaway_panther
August 2nd, 2018, 10:08 PM
No way are you an annoying interaction, I ♡ you!! And man, trust me -- I won't survive this pregnancy if its confirmed girl. I am actually so much less stressed this pregnancy by being purposely ignorant of gender -- you all are just my only place to rant about anything gender related! I think it was just such a rudeish thing for her to say/
project it just... triggered me!

I am already feeling better again, and silly me is blaming Mercury in retrograde for the whole convo in the first place lol!

But let's all pray for penis! haha

Eighme
August 2nd, 2018, 10:12 PM
My sister didn't find out with either of her pregnancies. Her first, based on bump, OWT, all pointed to girl and he is ALL boy. I've been right with both of her pregnancies. Her second she had all the OWT pointing to boy, guess what she had? Girl.

I have googled every syptom, like Abc said, and nothing is common in pregnancy or we would all be able to know right away (wouldn't that be awesome, though?)

We drive ourselves crazy, but GD is a real thing and it's always good to acknowledge and not shy away from such a taboo topic. To me, I am hoping for a girl because I have a little boy. I have five nephews. But husband doesn't understand GD and says he will be happy either way but I have already warned him I will be upset and he needs to allow me my time to grieve and move on.

I have basically had to put blinders on with this pregnancy and focus on myself and walk away or change the subject when it comes to gender. I find ways to dance around the topic, because until I know for sure I don't want to play "what if". Sorry, TP. I don't feel like I havs very much advice to give other than we all understand and you just have to work it out however it works for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mommy2apples
August 2nd, 2018, 10:18 PM
I think you will be pleasantly surprised! [emoji4] TP! I’m excited for all these little babies! Just wish Emmalyn got to stay little when they arrived! Wish they’d get to stay little a little while longer.

6/2003 [emoji1349]2/2009 [emoji1407] 12/2012 [emoji1349]4/2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] The Lord Answered my [emoji1317] 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family![emoji7][emoji8]

ABC.2606
August 2nd, 2018, 10:34 PM
No way are you an annoying interaction, I ♡ you!! And man, trust me -- I won't survive this pregnancy if its confirmed girl. I am actually so much less stressed this pregnancy by being purposely ignorant of gender -- you all are just my only place to rant about anything gender related! I think it was just such a rudeish thing for her to say/
project it just... triggered me!

I am already feeling better again, and silly me is blaming Mercury in retrograde for the whole convo in the first place lol!

But let's all pray for penis! haha

Aww I ❤️ you too TP! And this is definitely a safe & supportive place to rant! I just worry sometimes from your posts that this stuff is just totally eating you alive! I’m glad it’s actually keeping more relaxed not knowing.

And I forgot to say before but I agree she probably was projecting bc if her own GD. As you know from here most women it seems want girls, or at least a girl. And I’d guess a large % of those who do want that feel tremendous GD finding out their 2nd is also a boy. She probably felt a ton of jealousy seeing your DD, knowing she’s currently carrying another boy! I know I felt it with moms of girls when I was carrying DS2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABC.2606
August 2nd, 2018, 11:01 PM
Since we're on a new thread just checking in... Everyone doing well? Any ultrasounds coming up or anyone finding out gender soon??

I really want to have an ultrasound soon to confirm these bubs genders! I know NIPTs are super accurate - the only reason I worry a little is because Panorama is the only company that can test gender for both twins, and it seems they only have been able to do that within the past maybe 6-9 months or so. So since it's so "new" I wonder about how accurate their gender testing is for twins at this point. Since they claim they can distinguish each baby's DNA from each other my guess is it's accurate... But I'd feel much happier seeing it on an ultrasound :) Anyways I don't know when I can do that though - I think my doc will do a quick ultrasound in 3 weeks but I'm guessing the machine that will be used is their portable one that's not real clear/high def so I don't know if he'll be able to see the "stuff" or not. I've thought about going for a private scan sooner than that but I feel like that's kind of ridiculous with the NIPT and all the other ultrasounds I have to do anyways b/c of it being twins. And when I mentioned it to DH he was like "Um, no". But I'm impatient! My doc is great so maybe if I beg him to let me do an ultrasound on their nice machine next appointment to see the genders he'll say OK! LOL. I asked him this week if he thought the NIPT was going to be right and he's like "Eh, I don't know - I assume so!" I told him I wont believe we actually made a girl until I see proof!! :)

Pretty
August 2nd, 2018, 11:07 PM
I’ve gained over 30 pounds, and started at 100 and am barely 5 feet tall :hide:
My poor husband is so scared because the weight thing has truly depressed me...

GD is such a beast, and it’s so unfair that we have these strong deep emotions while on the pregnancy roller coaster. We women just can’t catch a break sometimes!

Pretty
August 2nd, 2018, 11:09 PM
ABC I hear ya!! I was so relieved to see a very girl nub on my last scan!!! Those NIPT are pretty darn accurate, but I felt the same way!

Pretty
August 2nd, 2018, 11:12 PM
And I’m betting that even though they’ve only offered the twin testing for a few months, the company has been doing trials and testing for years!

simkan
August 2nd, 2018, 11:20 PM
TP I completely understand why that interaction annoyed you. Besides anything it's totally inappropriate to comment on the size of someone's bump. I remember with DS1 literally having someone comment that I didn't look at all pregnant and was I sure the baby was ok, and someone else going- woah are you sure it isn't twins on the exact same day! With DS2 everyone told me I was having a girl because of how I was carrying. I know it's hard to not let the OWT get to you. Just keep telling yourself there are just as many people that the OWT are wrong for as there are that they're correct.

Abc thanks for starting the new thread! I really wouldn't worry about the panorama not being accurate. It may have only been available for a short amount of time but would have years of research and testing before it was open to the public. Totally understand that you want to see the babies and their genders clearly for yourself! Even at my ultrasound when the technician asked me if I was going to find out the gender and I told her I knew it was a girl and she responded with- oh yes I could see that is such a clear girly nub. I was so happy to hear that. Technically they aren't allowed to say here but I think because I knew and it wasn't an educated guess that she could say that.

In good news is went for my MRI this morning and just got a call that it came back all clear! So now going back to celebrating!
Even though numerous Doctors assured me the MRI is safe I'm still a little upset I had to have it while pregnant. Especially since as I suspected it was a bit of an overreaction. But I did ask on a local fb forum if any other moms had one while pregnant and lots of people had and said their babies were fine. During the scan I thought it was really loud though... was then worried about it effecting babies hearing. So that was the first thing I googled in the changing room after and it looks like alot of people have had that concern and it is fine.
So happy now that scare is over and i can be excited about the pregnancy again!
Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ABC.2606
August 2nd, 2018, 11:50 PM
And I’m betting that even though they’ve only offered the twin testing for a few months, the company has been doing trials and testing for years!

Yea that’s a good point, Pretty!!

ABC.2606
August 2nd, 2018, 11:53 PM
TP I completely understand why that interaction annoyed you. Besides anything it's totally inappropriate to comment on the size of someone's bump. I remember with DS1 literally having someone comment that I didn't look at all pregnant and was I sure the baby was ok, and someone else going- woah are you sure it isn't twins on the exact same day! With DS2 everyone told me I was having a girl because of how I was carrying. I know it's hard to not let the OWT get to you. Just keep telling yourself there are just as many people that the OWT are wrong for as there are that they're correct.

Abc thanks for starting the new thread! I really wouldn't worry about the panorama not being accurate. It may have only been available for a short amount of time but would have years of research and testing before it was open to the public. Totally understand that you want to see the babies and their genders clearly for yourself! Even at my ultrasound when the technician asked me if I was going to find out the gender and I told her I knew it was a girl and she responded with- oh yes I could see that is such a clear girly nub. I was so happy to hear that. Technically they aren't allowed to say here but I think because I knew and it wasn't an educated guess that she could say that.

In good news is went for my MRI this morning and just got a call that it came back all clear! So now going back to celebrating!
Even though numerous Doctors assured me the MRI is safe I'm still a little upset I had to have it while pregnant. Especially since as I suspected it was a bit of an overreaction. But I did ask on a local fb forum if any other moms had one while pregnant and lots of people had and said their babies were fine. During the scan I thought it was really loud though... was then worried about it effecting babies hearing. So that was the first thing I googled in the changing room after and it looks like alot of people have had that concern and it is fine.
So happy now that scare is over and i can be excited about the pregnancy again!
Thanks everyone

Oh my goodness so glad to hear that!!! Such a relief!!! It does sound like your OB overreacted a bit, but at least you know all is ok now!!! And I’m sure baby will be ok!!

Pbn3
August 3rd, 2018, 01:51 AM
Hi ladies! Just crashing in to see if anyone has heard from kittendreams via pm maybe? Just hoping she's doing ok...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Girlswaylondon
August 3rd, 2018, 03:08 AM
TP I’ve carried exactly the same for both my pregnancies (boy and girl) so it really means nothing at all. I must say with my second I popped out quicker because my stomach muscles are shot to hell �� I’d take it as a compliment you have great stomach muscles!

Throwaway_panther
August 3rd, 2018, 06:59 AM
Thank you ladies! You've all helped me feel so much better ♡ And Girlsway, I did take it as a compliment too until that other woman's comments, which I feel shows how powerful my GD is haha -- a few years ago, I would have been ecstatic. Now I want to look pregnant, especially if it seems boy haha!

simkan, I am SO happy to hear and don't worry about the noise! Baby's hearing is still cushioned and they're early enough that it's not going to harm anything! Planes can get about as loud as those too and people travel late into pregnancy all the time with no effects on hearing!

So do they suspect it was poop?! I'd be a little annoyed for the whole process over something like that! When I was pregnant with DD, my midwives were SO concerned about her hart because I have the absolute smallest murmur (like, it's so small it literally has 0 impact on anything according to cardiologist!). They made me get a (VERY EXPENSIVE) fetal echo for her, which was all fine. The pediatric cardiologist then said what I have is something that doesn't close up in the heart until the months after birth anyway!

@pbn: I was just thinking about her :( I figured she is working through the hard emotions. kittendreams, I hope you're still around and know we're all here for you ♡♡♡

hopper
August 3rd, 2018, 07:02 AM
Thanks for starting a new thread ABC. Could you please add me to the due date list when you get a chance? I'm due March 31st. Swayed yellow, hoping pink, sticking with team green :)

Glad everything is going well for everyone. So exciting seeing the scans, it makes it a lot more real!! I won't be given a scan til at least mid Sept so trying to put it out of my head or at least living through you ladies while I wait lol!!

I bit the bullet and told my parents and sister this week. In a very surprising turn of events they were all very positive about the pregnancy!! So my anxiety was for naught lol.

I'm 5+5 today and it seems to be crawling. I kinda feel like every day I am waiting on morning sickness to kick in. I'm not super tired like on my previous pregnancies and other than a little cramping here and there I mostly forget I'm pregnant at all. I'd love to make it to 12 weeks without a lot of pregnancy signs but mostly please let me not get sick!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

simkan
August 3rd, 2018, 07:23 AM
TP they didn't specify, they just said it was clear now... so yeah poop. I am a little annoyed that they put me through that over something that is supposed to be in your bowel! And our insurance only covers the MRI if the results show that I need an operation. That insurance plan was my husbands idea and he's learnt a very harsh lesson having to fork out $1500. He's agreed we should up our plan to the next tier that would cover checks. We could have gone public but my OB made it sound so urgent that I didn't want wait for the process of it taking a month or so to be seen.

And also they're making me get an echo for this baby too because my second had a large nuchal fold. And in the end doesn't even have a heart condition. He was born without a spleen. There are something like under 100 cases world wide of children being born without spleens so let's just say it's not something I'm concerned about this time. But they want me to have an echo and to check for a spleen. I think it's ludicrous when everything is showing up fine so far.

Hooper I'm so happy that your worries were for nothing. It's so wonderful when family are excited too!

SurroundedByBoys
August 3rd, 2018, 09:46 AM
I had terrible GD during and after my pregnancy with DS2. I mean, for years if I walked by the baby girl section a wave of nausea would wash over me. I feel a sharp pain in my heart and my shoulders would literally ache like there was a load of stones on them. It would be a struggle not to break down right there. Of course, nobody understands that... you should 'just be grateful you have a healthy baby, some people cannot carry their own to term either!'.

Im not sure when I started getting over it, I dont think I ever fully did but it reduced to just pangs and a longing feeling. I am really worried about this one if it is DS3 as I suspect. Im already having a bit of a struggle while Im telling myself to accept it could be a boy. Im going to do an early gender ultrasound at one of those special places... they say 15-24 weeks for gender and they can determine with 99.9% accuracy so... That would be Aug 13th for me. Im afraid of how Im going to feel if I see a penis, even though Im not having any crazy GD feelings right now. I just dont even want to hope.

Cassidy4
August 3rd, 2018, 10:02 AM
Not much going on here. Still tired and nauseous and lately have been dealing with heartburn. My next midwife appointment is Aug. 21st and my early gender scan is the 22nd... time is going so slow lol! I just want to find out and once we do we will be telling everyone (family and kids) that we are pregnant.

gafan
August 3rd, 2018, 10:17 AM
I am at 5 weeks, with slightly sore nipples and very minor hints of nausea here and there. I think I have some irritability at times (perhaps just life with DH and my son who turns four today!) and some tiredness.
I am a little concerned that after months of swaying, now that I am allowing myself snacks, more sugar etc , I gainded back half of the ten lbs I lost in like a week!
Do you all think I should count that as I calculate how much to gain in a healthy pregnancy weight gain?
I hope you are all well and that the ladies who had morning sickness are feeling better soon.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

kikurose
August 3rd, 2018, 10:34 AM
I was coming in to check on kitten dreams as well. She's been on my heart. If anyone hears from her, let her know I'm really thinking about her and hugging her from afar.

Also, how are you all already on page THREE of PART 3?! Lol you all are the best.

Simkan, such a relief! BUT I WOULD BE SO ANNOYED TOO!!! Especially about insurance!! What is that?!

kikurose
August 3rd, 2018, 10:38 AM
Also, you all my two pregnancies were SO DIFFERENT- carried differently, craved different things, different energy levels, different levels of sick, different skin, and both boys! I just don't think any of that can predict gender, even though it's so hard not to try to symptom spot.

ABC.2606
August 3rd, 2018, 11:34 AM
Thanks for starting a new thread ABC. Could you please add me to the due date list when you get a chance? I'm due March 31st. Swayed yellow, hoping pink, sticking with team green :)

Glad everything is going well for everyone. So exciting seeing the scans, it makes it a lot more real!! I won't be given a scan til at least mid Sept so trying to put it out of my head or at least living through you ladies while I wait lol!!

I bit the bullet and told my parents and sister this week. In a very surprising turn of events they were all very positive about the pregnancy!! So my anxiety was for naught lol.

I'm 5+5 today and it seems to be crawling. I kinda feel like every day I am waiting on morning sickness to kick in. I'm not super tired like on my previous pregnancies and other than a little cramping here and there I mostly forget I'm pregnant at all. I'd love to make it to 12 weeks without a lot of pregnancy signs but mostly please let me not get sick!!

Done! Sorry I missed that!

So glad your family responded well!!!

Eighme
August 3rd, 2018, 02:17 PM
Ladies, I got word back from my insurance the Progenity testing we wanted to do is covered and we will get to do that to make sure all is well AND find out the gender sooner. I can't take the test until 10 weeks (I 8w6d right now) but I am looking forward to this and hoping for great results all around!

Thinkingofthree
August 4th, 2018, 12:22 AM
I am at 5 weeks, with slightly sore nipples and very minor hints of nausea here and there. I think I have some irritability at times (perhaps just life with DH and my son who turns four today!) and some tiredness.
I am a little concerned that after months of swaying, now that I am allowing myself snacks, more sugar etc , I gainded back half of the ten lbs I lost in like a week!
Do you all think I should count that as I calculate how much to gain in a healthy pregnancy weight gain?
I hope you are all well and that the ladies who had morning sickness are feeling better soon.

I literally could have written this! I’m 5 weeks today (EDD 4/5 - I don’t think there’s an April board yet?). I also lost ten pounds prior and last time I stepped on the scale I was up 3 and I haven’t stepped on again since because I’m too scared haha. I felt like I was having to work really hard to keep losing weight after the 10 so I’m not surprised it’s started to come back. I’ve also increased my snacks and sugar intake. [emoji51]🤷🏼

LMSM
August 4th, 2018, 05:16 AM
Hi ladies! Just crashing in to see if anyone has heard from kittendreams via pm maybe? Just hoping she's doing ok...

I have PBN, am sure she will drop by soon :) I think you can say she’s doing better now though things are still raw and need to be processed of course..been there, done that too so understand she’s ma6 want to be a bit withdrawn until she is ready...but she will tell you all about soon no doubt :)

Pbn3
August 4th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Thank you so much LMSM [emoji173] I'm so happy to hear she has someone she can talk to privately for now and especially happy it's you [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

ABC.2606
August 4th, 2018, 12:17 PM
I have PBN, am sure she will drop by soon :) I think you can say she’s doing better now though things are still raw and need to be processed of course..been there, done that too so understand she’s ma6 want to be a bit withdrawn until she is ready...but she will tell you all about soon no doubt :)

I’m glad you’ve heard from her LMSM. I’ve been thinking about her as well.

hopper
August 4th, 2018, 12:31 PM
I literally could have written this! I’m 5 weeks today (EDD 4/5 - I don’t think there’s an April board yet?). I also lost ten pounds prior and last time I stepped on the scale I was up 3 and I haven’t stepped on again since because I’m too scared haha. I felt like I was having to work really hard to keep losing weight after the 10 so I’m not surprised it’s started to come back. I’ve also increased my snacks and sugar intake. [emoji51]🤷🏼Oh ladies I am the EXACT same! It's non stop eating on my end. I dropped about 7lbs in the month coming up to ttc (was actually not swaying, just sick with severe tonsillitis so couldn't actually eat!) And I've gained it all back - and an additional lb! I've always lost weight during pregnancy through morning sickness but I don't mind the weight gain as long as the sickness stays away. Was slightly nauseous today but I let myself get hungry so it was my own fault.
Actually can't believe I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow! I know we were ttc and all but I just didn't think it was our month so the shock is only starting to wear off! DH told my FIL this AM, he was pleased which was nice :) We're not finding out the gender - well if I can manage to avoid dissecting my scans lol - so I'm just waiting on the comments sure to come our way lol.

TaytumJ
August 4th, 2018, 03:19 PM
TP: DS1 was all belly the whole pregnancy. DS2 I didn’t even need to tell people I worked with I was pregnant until I was 6m because I still wasn’t showing much. I told them on New Years Day and had him in March [emoji23] (1.5m early, but still). It was totally opposite the way I carried DS2 and where I gained weight.

Still sending all the blue dust!![emoji170]

SurroundedByBoys
August 4th, 2018, 04:39 PM
My inlaws are driving here (NC) from New York tomorrow morning, so should arrive late afternoon/early evening... so tomorrow they will be finding out about Oops. Their response is going to be.... interesting. I think my FIL will take it better than my MIL. I just hope comments arent made the entire visit.

Throwaway_panther
August 4th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Thank you Taytum! You are totally my spiritual advisor this pregnancy haha.

Surrounded, I am SO hoping they are positive and it ends up being a good visit!!

hopper
August 4th, 2018, 06:16 PM
My inlaws are driving here (NC) from New York tomorrow morning, so should arrive late afternoon/early evening... so tomorrow they will be finding out about Oops. Their response is going to be.... interesting. I think my FIL will take it better than my MIL. I just hope comments arent made the entire visit.Sending nothing but positivity your way Surrounded! I truly hope Oops is received with great joy - and if not then it's their loss! Your little Oops is a gift X

ABC.2606
August 4th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Surrounded - hope telling the inlaws goes well!!!

Hopper I’m glad FIL was pleased!!! I’m sure you’ve told us this but do you have a scan coming up?

Oh man ladies I think I’ve recently gotten another spike of pregnancy hormones or something! I’m SO pregnant right now!!! Horrible acne on my face, neck and back, BAD vomiting today, and my sex drive (which is normally pretty low) is out of control right now!! (At least there’s one pleasant symptom - LOL!!!). And I have such bad pregnancy brain - last night in the shower I washed my face with hair conditioner!!! Bahhh!!!

Pbn3
August 4th, 2018, 08:38 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] abc that's freaking hilarious (face wash) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] thank you for the morning laugh!!

ABC.2606
August 4th, 2018, 09:01 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] abc that's freaking hilarious (face wash) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] thank you for the morning laugh!!

LOL no problem, Pbn! That’s just the latest example of my brain functioning at low capacity right now!! :) :)

Eighme
August 4th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Hopper- Glad FIL was excited for you!

Surrounded-I am so anxious to here how it goes. Sending positive vibes for you and "oops" :) (I just love that)

Abc- That made me laugh out loud. Hilarious. I have pregnancy brain too and was trying to unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher into the fridge the other day. It really didn't occur to me until I was half aay through!

I also have this new thing where I only half listen. I don't know why. But my husband, or anyone, can be talking and I'm just half listening. I've never had that before

ABC.2606
August 4th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Hopper- Glad FIL was excited for you!

Surrounded-I am so anxious to here how it goes. Sending positive vibes for you and "oops" :) (I just love that)

Abc- That made me laugh out loud. Hilarious. I have pregnancy brain too and was trying to unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher into the fridge the other day. It really didn't occur to me until I was half aay through!

I also have this new thing where I only half listen. I don't know why. But my husband, or anyone, can be talking and I'm just half listening. I've never had that before

LOL that sounds like something I would do lately too!!! So funny! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Pregnancy does some weird stuff!!!!!

Girlswaylondon
August 5th, 2018, 02:56 AM
LOL abc my sex drive sky rocketed in my second trimester I genuinely believe OH used to hide from me because it was too much!

It’s gone again now though haha

hopper
August 5th, 2018, 05:15 AM
Surrounded - hope telling the inlaws goes well!!!

Hopper I’m glad FIL was pleased!!! I’m sure you’ve told us this but do you have a scan coming up?

Oh man ladies I think I’ve recently gotten another spike of pregnancy hormones or something! I’m SO pregnant right now!!! Horrible acne on my face, neck and back, BAD vomiting today, and my sex drive (which is normally pretty low) is out of control right now!! (At least there’s one pleasant symptom - LOL!!!). And I have such bad pregnancy brain - last night in the shower I washed my face with hair conditioner!!! Bahhh!!!

I don't have a scheduled scan until sometime in Sept. Still waiting to hear the date. I usually opt to get a private early scan so I might get one in a couple of weeks. Trying to remain laidback as usually I'm wanting scan after scan after scan to triple check everything is perfect. Total boy mom trait right there lol.
You've cracked me up with the conditioner for face wash ABC!! I'd imagine that felt....different lol!

hopper
August 5th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Lol pregnancy sure does some crazy things alright! Rapidly turning into "no filter mom"!! Oh and the mood swings!!! I freaked out yesterday cause DH picked me up the wrong lettuce at the store. It was like the world had ended! So embarrassed!! He went back for the right one but to be fair I hadn't specified which one I wanted in the first place!! I can't remember - please tell me these mood swings even out after the first trimester?

SurroundedByBoys
August 5th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Thank you all! I hope so too... I expect them to arrive in 2-5 hours depending on how traffic goes and if they stopped a lot.

I just had a good amount of blood when I wiped, nothing visible before that. Bright red too. :worry: Hoping it goes away, otherwise Ill be getting on the phone. 14 weeks tomorrow.

Cassidy4
August 5th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Oh no I hope the bleeding is nothing Surrounded :fingers: and I hope your visit with the in laws goes well!

Eighme
August 5th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Thank you all! I hope so too... I expect them to arrive in 2-5 hours depending on how traffic goes and if they stopped a lot.

I just had a good amount of blood when I wiped, nothing visible before that. Bright red too. :worry: Hoping it goes away, otherwise Ill be getting on the phone. 14 weeks tomorrow.Keep us updated, Surrounded! Hoping it's nothing but just a little blood and sending well wishes for your in laws visit and for the bleeding to subside!

Noemi2017
August 5th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Surrounded i pray it is ok lets us know:pray:

simkan
August 5th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Hope everything is OK surrounded. Keep us updated. Hopefully it's nothing. And also hope you have a nice time with your in-laws and their visit runs smoothly x

SurroundedByBoys
August 5th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Thank you all! You are the best! No inlaws yet, Id expect any minute now. The blood seems to maybe have been a fluke thing. It was only when I wiped. Nothing on my underwear, nothing at all since. Very strange. Maybe it was from stressing and overdoing the lifting and cleaning? Keeping a close eye on things though. Its funny, I wasnt sure how I felt about this pregnancy and now Im so excited to meet Oops and cant wait.

shinay
August 5th, 2018, 05:43 PM
It's been a long time everyone. Cant believe we are on part 3 already. I felt slightly better yesterday and today so can finally catch up a little bit. Dont throw up as much as before (knock on wood).

Hopper: i am glad your family were excited about the news. It sucks that you have to wait all the way till Sept to have a scan. I would get a private one first like you said to make sure everything is good.

Surrounded: hope your in-laws will be happy about Oops. I am glad your spotting has stopped, but you might want to ease up a bit on lifting or reaching too high. My auntie always clean and move things (some would be heavy) around the house herself and she started to bleed. Once she stopped, the bleeding went away.

Abc: the face wash thing cracked me up. I did the opposite. I used my face wash as hair conditioner. Let me tell you, it didnt go well hahahaa. I cant wait to see your confirmed ultrasound pics!

I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry if i missed anyone as I cant read too much with headaches going on.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

shinay
August 5th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Also I had really bad abdominal pains and back pain last week and morning sickness went away for 2 days (it is back now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]) so I called the nurse and she told me to go to urgent care to make sure I dont have infections or anything bad going on. That freaked me out a little as I had UTI a month before ttc. So after 3 hours of testings and waiting, we got some good news that there is no infections. We were thrilled doc also wanted to do ultrasound. The ultrasound lady didnt let us see the screen, but I asked the doctor from urgent care if he has any picture for us to see. He was super nice to show us our little bean and doc said heart rate is 122. Baby is measuring 6w3d. I am over the moon that there is heartbeat.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/f4bb16ab796303a38bc4a56879d90134.jpg

Eighme
August 5th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Also I had really bad abdominal pains and back pain last week and morning sickness went away for 2 days (it is back now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]) so I called the nurse and she told me to go to urgent care to make sure I dont have infections or anything bad going on. That freaked me out a little as I had UTI a month before ttc. So after 3 hours of testings and waiting, we got some good news that there is no infections. We were thrilled doc also wanted to do ultrasound. The ultrasound lady didnt let us see the screen, but I asked the doctor from urgent care if he has any picture for us to see. He was super nice to show us our little bean and doc said heart rate is 122. Baby is measuring 6w3d. I am over the moon that there is heartbeat.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/d65997f70c2728e8b89b0268203bc842.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using TapatalkWonderful, Simkan! I'm so glad you and baby are doing good!

Throwaway_panther
August 5th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Oh Surrounded, take it easy! I'm sure doing a lot caused the bleed -- that you had none on yor underwear is a great sign! Fingers crossed the inlaw visit goes well!!

Shinay, so glad all looks well!

ABC, I am so sorry you had the resurgence of the first tri but l laughed at the hair conditioner! Maybe we can blame that for the acne?! lol!

And I'm joining you all in weird symptoms again! My boobs have been SO sore! I barely felt anything first tri, and my boobs were mostly just sore in first tri with DD! Why now?! Haha. I read someone on babycenter say it's because they are having a girl and it's all the "extra girl hormones" which freaked me out, but I also swear from my nutso research that mostly women pregnant with boys seemed to have this second trimester soreness! That or it's a non-FTM thing?!

And I feel you all on the sex drive! Mine has not stopped! DH just keeps falling asleep by 8 lolol

ABC.2606
August 5th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Thank you all! You are the best! No inlaws yet, Id expect any minute now. The blood seems to maybe have been a fluke thing. It was only when I wiped. Nothing on my underwear, nothing at all since. Very strange. Maybe it was from stressing and overdoing the lifting and cleaning? Keeping a close eye on things though. Its funny, I wasnt sure how I felt about this pregnancy and now Im so excited to meet Oops and cant wait.

Sounds like what I had going on last weekend - except mine went on longer. I also felt like it was from cleaning and carrying laundry baskets up and down the stairs. Doc said no - that wouldn’t happen, but I’m not convinced, I still think it may have aggravated my cervix or something! And when I would sit down and rest it would stop.

Hope all is ok!

ABC.2606
August 5th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Also I had really bad abdominal pains and back pain last week and morning sickness went away for 2 days (it is back now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]) so I called the nurse and she told me to go to urgent care to make sure I dont have infections or anything bad going on. That freaked me out a little as I had UTI a month before ttc. So after 3 hours of testings and waiting, we got some good news that there is no infections. We were thrilled doc also wanted to do ultrasound. The ultrasound lady didnt let us see the screen, but I asked the doctor from urgent care if he has any picture for us to see. He was super nice to show us our little bean and doc said heart rate is 122. Baby is measuring 6w3d. I am over the moon that there is heartbeat.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/f4bb16ab796303a38bc4a56879d90134.jpg

Perfect little bub!!!! One of my twins had that exact HB of 122 at 6 weeks 3 days too!! Huge congrats!!!!!

ABC.2606
August 5th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Lol pregnancy sure does some crazy things alright! Rapidly turning into "no filter mom"!! Oh and the mood swings!!! I freaked out yesterday cause DH picked me up the wrong lettuce at the store. It was like the world had ended! So embarrassed!! He went back for the right one but to be fair I hadn't specified which one I wanted in the first place!! I can't remember - please tell me these mood swings even out after the first trimester?

I don’t know - I feel like I’m pretty moody pregnant or not, LOL!!! I’m guessing they’ll even out though!

ABC.2606
August 5th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Oh Surrounded, take it easy! I'm sure doing a lot caused the bleed -- that you had none on yor underwear is a great sign! Fingers crossed the inlaw visit goes well!!

Shinay, so glad all looks well!

ABC, I am so sorry you had the resurgence of the first tri but l laughed at the hair conditioner! Maybe we can blame that for the acne?! lol!

And I'm joining you all in weird symptoms again! My boobs have been SO sore! I barely felt anything first tri, and my boobs were mostly just sore in first tri with DD! Why now?! Haha. I read someone on babycenter say it's because they are having a girl and it's all the "extra girl hormones" which freaked me out, but I also swear from my nutso research that mostly women pregnant with boys seemed to have this second trimester soreness! That or it's a non-FTM thing?!

And I feel you all on the sex drive! Mine has not stopped! DH just keeps falling asleep by 8 lolol

Well if you are carrying a boy you’d have extra hormones now too (testosterone), so could be that!!!

LOL my DH is pretty happy about this little “side effect” since my sex drive is normally not great! I don’t expect it’ll last though as I start getting bigger & more uncomfortable!!!

SurroundedByBoys
August 5th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Well that was unexpected... The whole 'Love Jacob, Logan, and Oops' went right over their heads :rofl: DH had to say they didnt get it, get the pictures and then they were like "Youre pregnant?!' and were excited and congratulatory. Go figure!

No more bleeding so :fingers:

Pretty
August 5th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Congrats all around SBB!

ABC.2606
August 5th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Well that was unexpected... The whole 'Love Jacob, Logan, and Oops' went right over their heads :rofl: DH had to say they didnt get it, get the pictures and then they were like "Youre pregnant?!' and were excited and congratulatory. Go figure!

No more bleeding so :fingers:

LOL nice!!! Glad they were happy!!!!!

Noemi2017
August 6th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Shinay congrats to heartbeat:heart: i was afraid of u, im happy u feel little bit better:)Im counting the days and pray nausea disappers with 12 weeks.

hopper
August 6th, 2018, 04:28 PM
So happy you got to see your little one shinay!!! I love seeing scan pics, making me impatient for mine lol!

SBB I'm thrilled your in laws took the news of Oops so well! What a pleasant surprise for you guys! :) I've forgotten - are you planning on finding out the sex and if so when is your scan? In a way it sucks being one of the last due dates on the group BUT seeing all the scans more than makes up for it cause it's like stoking my anticipation with every new pic [emoji173]

I'm 6+1 today and had my first case of throwing up :( Just the one but feeling quite nauseous all day long. I know I need to constantly nibble but very little sounds appealing. What are you girls with nausea eating to keep it at bay?

Pretty
August 6th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Cheerios and saltine crackers. But really any kind of starch helps me, so pastries help too. Sheesh, no wonder I’ve gained so much! But DH is feeding me nonstop! So really, it’s his fault ;)

gafan
August 6th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Ugh, another symptom hit this week- diarrhea. I remember some of you mentioning that a week or two ago. Did you all get through it soon? Anything that helps? I know staying hydrated is key.

Throwaway_panther
August 7th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Ugh, another symptom hit this week- diarrhea. I remember some of you mentioning that a week or two ago. Did you all get through it soon? Anything that helps? I know staying hydrated is key.

Haha, well -- mine has stayed semi-frequent (until the last few days -- back to constipation!). I never felt sick with it, but I tried to stay more hydrated with electrolyte drinks and Vitamin Water Zero... though I have a feeling I might have contributed to the diarrhea with the sucralose I just noticed was in the Vitamin Water Zero lol.

I also avoided heavier foods around then to avoid running to the bathroom! I hope it eases up for you soon!

SurroundedByBoys
August 7th, 2018, 09:27 AM
So happy you got to see your little one shinay!!! I love seeing scan pics, making me impatient for mine lol!

SBB I'm thrilled your in laws took the news of Oops so well! What a pleasant surprise for you guys! :) I've forgotten - are you planning on finding out the sex and if so when is your scan? In a way it sucks being one of the last due dates on the group BUT seeing all the scans more than makes up for it cause it's like stoking my anticipation with every new pic [emoji173]

I'm 6+1 today and had my first case of throwing up :( Just the one but feeling quite nauseous all day long. I know I need to constantly nibble but very little sounds appealing. What are you girls with nausea eating to keep it at bay?

Yes! I definitely want to find out. That way I can work through as much of the GD as I can before the birth. I'm really thinking this will be boy #3 looking at the stacking on the nub, early as it was. I didnt get a chance to sway as this wasnt planned, so I keep telling myself to just be happy for this little one, but Im sure most of you know how that goes when your heart yearns for something so badly. I'm planning on going this coming Monday, the 13th for an early gender at a 3d/4d specialty place!

hopper
August 7th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Yes! I definitely want to find out. That way I can work through as much of the GD as I can before the birth. I'm really thinking this will be boy #3 looking at the stacking on the nub, early as it was. I didnt get a chance to sway as this wasnt planned, so I keep telling myself to just be happy for this little one, but Im sure most of you know how that goes when your heart yearns for something so badly. I'm planning on going this coming Monday, the 13th for an early gender at a 3d/4d specialty place!

I completely get what you mean! I think you are being very pragmatic and that will stand to you. When I was pregnant on DS3 I was SO completely sure he was a girl. I mean, I had swayed to the absolute best of my ability and all the OWTs pointed to girl and even a Fortune Teller had told me what date I'd conceive and my due date and my actual date of giving birth and had said girl (she got everything right EXCEPT the gender lol!) The scan was such a shock but by the time he arrived I was so ready for him. It's much much much easier deal with GD when you find out before they are here. I didn't find out on DS1 (didn't know I had a preference to be honest) but woah was it hard overcoming it when he was here. And the GUILT! Ugh!!
We aren't finding out this time. I'd still have a preference for a little lady but I actually don't see it happening and we really just want one final healthy (please Lord!) baby!
The 13th will be here before you know it and I really hope you hear girl. I was looking at your pics earlier actually and it's so hard to distinguish!!

hannahptrussell
August 8th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Sorry girls, I have been laying low for a bit. We are so busy with the end of summer. Then found out we need a $3k plumbing job done. I about bawled my eyes out. Old houses suck. I’ve been reading through and catching up with everyone. It’s so funny how many of us can go through the same things around the same times. With the diarrhea, I swear by taking a zofran, if you have one. If I take one and am currently regular, I swear I have to triple up on stool softeners just to get back to normal. That stuff is no joke.
My sex drive is nada at the moment. My husband asked if we could tonight and I obliged. Then immediately threw up. We both laughed afterwards about how awkward that would be in any other situation other than being pregnant. [emoji23][emoji23]
Has anyone started thinking about birth classes? I am really intrigued with the hypnobabies home study. I’ve read a lot of reviews and they all seem incredible. To have a calm birth would be HUGE for me. I feel like all of my others are these dramatic stories. It would be nice to have one peaceful birth.

simkan
August 8th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Wow Hopper that's crazy that the psychic got everything right except the gender. That's would have thrown me for sure. I was pretty convinced DS2 was a girl. And while I didn't want to admit GD at the time, everywhere I went I noticed all the girls and was almost keen to try again right then. But once his personality started coming through I got over the fact he was not a she.

Hannah that story about throwing up after is so funny. I also have a pretty low sex drive at the moment. I think DH has just accepted that it's gonna happen few and far between.

In other news tonight I was eating a gummy bear and my tooth cracked! On literally the softest sweet ever! So now I'm going to have to sort that out. But I always recall my dentist checking if I may be pregnant and putting off seeing me for checks when I am... I tried looking online and couldnt find an answer of risks? Anyone know if or why it's not safe to have dental work done? Of course as one thing is over its onto the next!

Throwaway_panther
August 8th, 2018, 06:41 AM
oh no simkan, that's terrible! you must be in so much pain! you can definitely have dental work when pregnant!! you just can't have x-rays done! my dentists have always said they recommend coming in the 1-2 times during pregnancy since relaxin can apparently affect even the teeth? eek!

hannah, I'm so sorry about the house repair! that's awful :( we've been fighting medical bills still ourselves (one of the labs that did an endometrial biospy on us back in DECEMBER to check for infection is still ignoring my insurance saying it's covered). hopefully the plumbers come and find out it's a lower cost project? I know I've been thinking about birthing stuff too -- but only barely. I still keep waffling through this pregnancy as if I'm... not pregnant. haha. the moment i feel I pay attention to it is scary to me!

even though sex wise, DH said last time, "I think this is the last time we can do missionary!" ;( that bump is definitely here now!

Can't believe my anatomy scan is in less than a week! I feel very firm on avoiding gender. I'm just already psyching myself up for how I'll feel when it's a girl at birth. I waffle back and forth on what I feel this baby is, and there are so many times when I'll tell myself, 'Why couldn't it be a boy?' It's just so hard to let myself feel any possible happiness that I could get what I want. I truly am already thinking what I would do after this one's birth, since IVF is pretty much done for us. Ericsson? Hook up with a boy producing dad? Haha... sigh.

Babybeaublue
August 8th, 2018, 08:29 AM
TP if I can get a boy anyone can lol fx

Throwaway_panther
August 8th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Haha thank you BBB! You have definitely given me a lot of hope! I have definitely always understood that this is a odds game, I just seem to have such rotten luck with odds!

kikurose
August 8th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Wow Hopper that's crazy that the psychic got everything right except the gender. That's would have thrown me for sure. I was pretty convinced DS2 was a girl. And while I didn't want to admit GD at the time, everywhere I went I noticed all the girls and was almost keen to try again right then. But once his personality started coming through I got over the fact he was not a she.

Hannah that story about throwing up after is so funny. I also have a pretty low sex drive at the moment. I think DH has just accepted that it's gonna happen few and far between.

In other news tonight I was eating a gummy bear and my tooth cracked! On literally the softest sweet ever! So now I'm going to have to sort that out. But I always recall my dentist checking if I may be pregnant and putting off seeing me for checks when I am... I tried looking online and couldnt find an answer of risks? Anyone know if or why it's not safe to have dental work done? Of course as one thing is over its onto the next!

Simkan! That happened to me in my first pregnancy- with Mac and cheese! Definitely talk to your dentist- they can help but will keep it safe for pregnancy! Sorry that happened to you- I found it quite stressful!

hopper
August 8th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Oh girls I want to cry. The nausea upped it's game in the last 24 hrs. I woke last night to throw up and it has been hell since. I'm in hospital right now getting fluids for dehydration that set in super fast. Trying to wrangle childcare for my three tearaways was not an easy job!!! Still so nauseous but not throwing up any more. Feel so sorry for myself :(
Oh and I'll just say it here and now - this is a sure indicator that this is baby boy #4 lol!!

Eighme
August 8th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Oh girls I want to cry. The nausea upped it's game in the last 24 hrs. I woke last night to throw up and it has been hell since. I'm in hospital right now getting fluids for dehydration that set in super fast. Trying to wrangle childcare for my three tearaways was not an easy job!!! Still so nauseous but not throwing up any more. Feel so sorry for myself :(
Oh and I'll just say it here and now - this is a sure indicator that this is baby boy #4 lol!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using TapatalkOh no, Hopper! I am so sorry. That's just awful! I hope you are on your way to feeling better quickly and out of the hospital!

SurroundedByBoys
August 8th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Regular doctors visit Friday, and early gender scan set up for Monday at 1130 (EST US)... The poor woman on the phone, I sometimes forget my candor and when she said 'We do suggest waiting for 16 weeks if youre a fuller figured woman.' and my response was 'Yeah, Im fat but I would like to try anyway.' Dead silence. Whoops. :giggle: She then gave me the starting weight they consider full figured and I said, yep Im right there. Then I explained that my inlaws were visiting and I thought it would be worth a try, at the very least they could see Oops in 3d and 4d. She was just trying to save me a second trip out if baby didnt cooperate since Im an hour away from there.

hannah- ugh houses... my stand up shower frame broke and Im scared to go near it lest it completely shifts then the glass falls and ugh... I dont know if the frame can be mended or we will need a whole new one put in

TP- Throwing you all my blue dust!

hopper- I hope you feel better soon! Morning sickness is no fun at all.

Noemi2017
August 8th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Hopper im very sorry u feel so bad. I hope they help u in hospital so u can feel better. I also feel very nauseous, tired and i have very low pressure so i can just lie down. Lets hope all the symptoms disapper soon:hugs:

Eighme
August 8th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Hopper im very sorry u feel so bad. I hope they help u in hospital so u can feel better. I also feel very nauseous, tired and i have very low pressure so i can just lie down. Lets hope all the symptoms disapper soon:hugs:Noemi, I have everything but the pressure! I swear I would sleep for 23 hours a day if I could! This pregnancy has been so different from my first. Food is literally the last thing I want and them I want something, get it, and it makes me nauseous [emoji26].

Nausea for everyone! [emoji25]

hopper
August 8th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Thanks all! They let me home after some fluids and rest and gave me a script for Cariban an anti nausea med. Hope it works, it's expensive but it'll be worth it if it works!!
On the plus side they gave me a scan and I saw the heartbeat [emoji173] The sonographer said the HB was super fast so I'm delighted! Just the one thankfully lol. DH would explode if we went from 3 to 5 kids lol! Gestation spot on at 6+3. Happy happy happy! Nauseous but happy!! :)

gafan
August 8th, 2018, 09:55 PM
simkan and hopper, get well soon!

hannahptrussell
August 8th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Oh Hopper, my heart breaks for you. I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy. It was the hardest few months of my life. That IV wing at the hospital became my best friend. It immediately helped. Although I had to go more than a dozen times. [emoji30][emoji30] Hang in there!!!

simkan
August 9th, 2018, 01:22 AM
Really hope the medication works for you Hopper! Terrible to be feeling so I'll but so happy you got to see baby and the heartbeat!

Thanks everyone, my tooth is all fixed now. They didn't need to do xrays or give me any injections or medication. Literally just filled the hole and sent me on my way. It will need to be repaired properly down the line but she said what they did today should last atleast a year. So I'm happy nothing had to be done that may harm bubs.

Surrounded I'm really looking forward to hearing about your scan, not too long to wait. Hopefully oops will be accommodating and show you a clear shot of the gender.

Noemi2017
August 9th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Eighme i understand u so much, it is so difficult:hugs: today i was vomiting for the first time, it happend outside:(

hopper
August 9th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Oh Hopper, my heart breaks for you. I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy. It was the hardest few months of my life. That IV wing at the hospital became my best friend. It immediately helped. Although I had to go more than a dozen times. [emoji30][emoji30] Hang in there!!!

Thanks Hannah! I escaped hyperemesis on my third pregnancy after suffering so bad on #1 & #2 so I kinda forgot how bad it feels. I'm back to square one today, feel like trash! And my mom is dropping the older two home any minute :( I love my kids but today is gonna be tough!!

SurroundedByBoys
August 10th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Headed to the doctors today for a regular visit. Anybody else (TMI WARNING!!!) seem excessively wet down south? I cant tell if Im leaking, its just cervical discharge or what. Its watery, seems colorless, and makes me want to wipe all the time.

Cassidy4
August 10th, 2018, 09:21 AM
I hope your appointment goes well today Surrounded!
I have noticed an increase in fluids down there, not crazy, but I know it’s normal around now �� I think my last pregnancy I started wearing panty liners for a bit because I hated how it felt!

Throwaway_panther
August 10th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Yes Surrounded! So I was a nonstop fountain with DD (ruined all my undies!), and now I have occasional bursts that always make me anxious it's amniotic fluid! I often have what looks like EWCM though which throws me off! I know it's all normal but I'm also always confused by its changing presentation, lol

Also, so I started seeing a new chiropractor (who has 2 boys) and she seems obsessed with guessing gender since she knows we're not finding out. She was even going on about the heartrate today! I had already mentioned, "We don't pay too much attention to that because of all our losses, we just want to focus on a breathing baby," and still she guesses. Very annoying, and makes me bitter because I just think, "Must be nice to have had no losses that you can't even understand why I keep saying 'JUST WANT A LIVING BABY.'"

Girlswaylondon
August 10th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Surrounded - panty liners have been my life since the start and I’m now 30’weeka and it’s worse than ever!

Eighme
August 10th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Anyone dealing with headaches? They were just occasionally and now they are appearing like every other day. I can't get any relief and it's so frustrating!

I rarely had headaches prior to pregnancy.

SurroundedByBoys
August 10th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Good to know Im not the only one! Ive been so paranoid that Im leaking amniotic fluid. I'll mention it to my OB today anyway just in case haha. Ive already noticed I cant stop going to the bathroom which isnt typical of me this early on... and the other night I got sick and well, lets just say I had an accident. Im afraid when this little one is finally big enough to actually press on my bladder.

Eighme... Me! I get them all the time now. I just want to lay down with a pillow over my head. :-\

Raining
August 10th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Anyone dealing with headaches? They were just occasionally and now they are appearing like every other day. I can't get any relief and it's so frustrating!

I rarely had headaches prior to pregnancy.

Me! I’ve never had headaches and now feel like I have one everyday.

Raining
August 10th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Just checking in ladies! My first appointment and scan is Tuesday. Really nervous and excited. I’ve been completely exhausted and off/on all day nausea like most of you. Also non stop headaches. Don’t remember being this miserable the last two times. Hope everyone is doing well!

SurroundedByBoys
August 10th, 2018, 01:59 PM
I'm back... everything looking good. Oops was running away from the doppler from one side to the other. HB 150 this time. :awe:

Thinkingofthree
August 10th, 2018, 04:01 PM
I’m 6 weeks today and my symptoms have been pretty similar to my prior boy pregnancies. Wondering if anyone has had very similar pregnancies but ended up getting a different gender? Im trying to keep some hope up that I have a shot for a girl.

mummaofboys
August 10th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a lot of us are suffering from lots of headaches! I get menstrual migraines so was hoping for some relief from headaches while pregnant... but nope!!!! So annoying :(

Eighme
August 10th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Thanks, ladies! What are you taking to relieve you head sched and/or doing? Tylenol is my go to but you can only take so much of it a day!

Sorry we are all feeling lousy but I am glad I have some comradery!

simkan
August 11th, 2018, 02:54 AM
I’m 6 weeks today and my symptoms have been pretty similar to my prior boy pregnancies. Wondering if anyone has had very similar pregnancies but ended up getting a different gender? Im trying to keep some hope up that I have a shot for a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I asked that exact same question on a forum before I found out it was a girl. I'd say mine has been very similar to my boys. I was pretty convinced this was a boy too. No Nausea with any... maybe a little bit of food aversion with this one. Not because it made me sick I just wasn't hungry. Probably equally tired and my boobs haven't hurt with any either...

Girlswaylondon
August 11th, 2018, 04:39 AM

Me!

hopper
August 11th, 2018, 07:19 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy third pregnancy was the polar opposite of my first two. It was DS3. I'm now a firm believer that symptoms don't mean anything!!

hannahptrussell
August 11th, 2018, 11:19 AM

Me me me. I had 2 IDENTICAL pregnancies and ended up with different genders. It was crazy. I thought they were wrong the entire time. But alas, he was all boy.

Throwaway_panther
August 11th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Ladies, I just need to spew to people who understand.

We went to a wedding last night with all of DH's family. I hadn't seen any of them for awhile since I was such a recluse during the losses. One of them was a cousin in law who had EMAILED her pregnancy announcement right when I lost my baby in November (and I had already been off FB to avoid the hurt from these announcements, so was very salty over the email), of course with a baby due in May (which I was also suppose to have). She had a girl first and I hoped we wouldn't see them to find out what they ended up having, especially since they showed up late to the wedding and sans kids.

Well eventually the kids showed up and sure enough she had a boy and I have been unable to shake the hurt and jealousy I feel over it?! She's a skinny lifelong vegetarian with a very chubby hubby, so I thought she'd have another girl and am so surprised it's a boy. And I think I'm hurt because I feel, "SHE can even get a boy, and here I'll probably end up with a girl because of DH."

I'm so sad too because I was having such a good time until seeing them. This hurt will never stop until I get my boy. And even being this far in pregnancy doesn't take away the hurt from seeing the babies born when mine were supposed to be :(

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Yes Surrounded! So I was a nonstop fountain with DD (ruined all my undies!), and now I have occasional bursts that always make me anxious it's amniotic fluid! I often have what looks like EWCM though which throws me off! I know it's all normal but I'm also always confused by its changing presentation, lol

Also, so I started seeing a new chiropractor (who has 2 boys) and she seems obsessed with guessing gender since she knows we're not finding out. She was even going on about the heartrate today! I had already mentioned, "We don't pay too much attention to that because of all our losses, we just want to focus on a breathing baby," and still she guesses. Very annoying, and makes me bitter because I just think, "Must be nice to have had no losses that you can't even understand why I keep saying 'JUST WANT A LIVING BABY.'"

AUGGHHH this is my personal pet peeve. I really think that all medical practitioners need to leave gender guessing alone because they are the literal worst about continuing on with OWT that are completely debunked. :hair:

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Yep. My second son and my DD were identical pregnancies - both very easy and with very little sickness. My other three boys were totally different from each other and from the other two!

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2018, 11:56 AM
and Panther, also, so sorry about the wedding. I know I say this all the time but that is still the thing that gets to me after all this time, the people who just get BG/GB without even thinking about it. And since this is like 50% of everyone, no getting away from it. :heart: Thinking of you.

simkan
August 11th, 2018, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry that you have to go through these emotions TP. I completely understand the double whammy of seeing a baby that is the same age yours should be and the gender you're dreaming of. I haven't been through a loss but I know every friend that had a baby girl I felt a twinge of resentment. And every boy born i felt a little relieved.

You can't control the way you feel about people or situations. But I'm sure she has no idea she was hurting you when she announced her pregnancy or brought her baby last night. For all you know she may have been hoping for a sister for her daughter and looks at baby girls with longing...
Ladies, I just need to spew to people who understand.

We went to a wedding last night with all of DH's family. I hadn't seen any of them for awhile since I was such a recluse during the losses. One of them was a cousin in law who had EMAILED her pregnancy announcement right when I lost my baby in November (and I had already been off FB to avoid the hurt from these announcements, so was very salty over the email), of course with a baby due in May (which I was also suppose to have). She had a girl first and I hoped we wouldn't see them to find out what they ended up having, especially since they showed up late to the wedding and sans kids.

Well eventually the kids showed up and sure enough she had a boy and I have been unable to shake the hurt and jealousy I feel over it?! She's a skinny lifelong vegetarian with a very chubby hubby, so I thought she'd have another girl and am so surprised it's a boy. And I think I'm hurt because I feel, "SHE can even get a boy, and here I'll probably end up with a girl because of DH."

I'm so sad too because I was having such a good time until seeing them. This hurt will never stop until I get my boy. And even being this far in pregnancy doesn't take away the hurt from seeing the babies born when mine were supposed to be :(

ABC.2606
August 12th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Hey ladies!! I've been MIA the past several days - DH was traveling for work and it's been a LONG few weeks with sick kids, house issues, etc. Plus I'm still just not feeling very well - so tired and the nausea is still bad at night. I'm 14w4d today so I'm really hoping I get some energy soon and start feeling better! Still feel like I'm eating terrible too and am gaining weight so fast. I seriously look like a whale and I'm kinda hating it - especially after I had lost so much weight swaying and felt SOO nice and skinny there for a short while! :(

Sounds like I'm not alone though with all the miserable pregnancy symptoms though! Sorry for all the nausea, headaches, etc. that everyone is dealing with!! :(

Hopper I'm sorry about the awful morning sickness. Hope you feel better soon :( :( Glad baby looked great though!

Simkan glad your tooth is fixed!! Yikes you have had a rough go of it lately!

Hannah - I ordered the at home Hypnobabies stuff with DS2. Did not keep up with the "homework" as much as I was supposed to but I did like it - the recordings are very relaxing and it was a nice thing to listen to at night (sometimes I'd fall asleep to it - which I think they say is normal, LOL!). I didn't end up using it really in labor though as my whole labor was only 3 hours. But I think if you think you'll have a longer, intense labor and want it to be more peaceful it's a good method to use!

Surrounded YAAAAY that you had a good scan and YAAAAY that you have a gender scan on Monday!! Can't wait to hear! Hoping you hear pink!!! And yes - I do have a lot of CM during pregnancy - bleck!

Raining can't wait to hear about your scan as well!!! Hoping everything with your little bean looks perfect!!

TP I'm sorry about what you felt at the wedding :( I still get bothered a LOT by the people who have B/G pairs... it somehow seems completely unfair how many people I know/see who have 2 kids and get one of each without any effort. Really bugs me for some reason - even though I love the brother bond I see with my boys and couldn't imagine not having had one of them. But it still bugs me. I've been struggling with resentment and jealousy for awhile now towards one of my cousins who lives near me. She had a girl, and then a boy - they are done now... And I swear I feel like everything else in her life just comes easy to her. I'm excited about B/G twins (if the NIPT is right - LOL still can't totally believe it yet!), but I've been thinking about it and I really feel convinced now that if we had only gotten pregnant with one instead of two, that one would have been a boy. Like I feel like the ONLY reason I'm getting a girl (IF the NIPT is right!) is because we "upped our odds" A LOT by having two babies and it seems like most fraternal twins are B/G. So it's like lately I think, ok I worked my butt off swaying for over a year, did EVERYTHING I could, I had 3 losses, and STILL I probably would have had a boy if it had just been one. I just really think DH and I are primarily "set" for making boys. Still seems a little crazy to me that a boy did sneak in there this time with all those non-boy friendly "obstacles" - but, as we know there are a lot of women on here who have such fantastic sways who still end up with opposites. Don't get me wrong I am very excited for DS3 too but it's just a little crazy to me that it happened. But anyways... yea I just don't understand why getting the desired gender is so hard for some and so damn easy for others!!!!

ABC.2606
August 12th, 2018, 12:20 AM
LOL just realized I put 5 sad smiley faces in my last post and not one happy one haha!!! Well that's a very cranky pregnant woman for ya, LOL :)

gafan
August 12th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Are you all avoiding caffeine completely? I'm debating having an espresso today to get over some jet lag. I haven't had caffeine in months, so it might be stringer in my system.
I have already decided to enjoy a medium-cooked burger or two on vacation, so why not add caffeine too? [emoji6]

simkan
August 12th, 2018, 04:39 AM
Are you all avoiding caffeine completely? I'm debating having an espresso today to get over some jet lag. I haven't had caffeine in months, so it might be stringer in my system.
I have already decided to enjoy a medium-cooked burger or two on vacation, so why not add caffeine too? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930U using TapatalkI have a latte every day. Have with all my pregnancies. Most of my friends do too.

Girlswaylondon
August 12th, 2018, 04:42 AM
Abc I feel that way too! Being my lowest ever adult weight on the le diet I felt FANTASTIC! Made it harder to deal with the rapid weight gain I’m having now at 30 weeks!

Also I didn’t cut out caffeine, here in the UK guidelines are as long as you stay within 200mg I believe :)

Throwaway_panther
August 12th, 2018, 09:04 AM
I'm so sorry that you have to go through these emotions TP. I completely understand the double whammy of seeing a baby that is the same age yours should be and the gender you're dreaming of. I haven't been through a loss but I know every friend that had a baby girl I felt a twinge of resentment. And every boy born i felt a little relieved.

You can't control the way you feel about people or situations. But I'm sure she has no idea she was hurting you when she announced her pregnancy or brought her baby last night. For all you know she may have been hoping for a sister for her daughter and looks at baby girls with longing...

Oh, I know this! I more than anyone know we don't know how the others feel (I can remember a pregnant woman of two boys giving me the most resentful look once when I was carrying DD when she was very little and I wanted so badly to say, "Trust me, I wanted what you want!"

I'm just bitter she got a PP so easily, and am still resentful that she emailed a pregnancy announcement when I had removed myself from Facebook purposely to avoid how much they hurt! We're not even remotely close btw :P So I am just still pained by trying to protect myself and she still felt a way to wedge in the hurt with the announcement, not the baby!

Throwaway_panther
August 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM

I avoided in the first tri but I'm back to having tea! I am usually having a strong black tea latte everyday!

SurroundedByBoys
August 12th, 2018, 09:35 AM

I dont drink as much as I did... I was a coffee, iced tea, and soda fiend. I had dropped the soda totally while dieting before getting pregnant, an also switched to Crystal Lite and diet teas. I do still have an iced coffee pretty much daily now. Really trying to guzzle water but... meh. Im one of the few that seem to HATE water. I force myself.

SurroundedByBoys
August 12th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Hey ladies!! I've been MIA the past several days - DH was traveling for work and it's been a LONG few weeks with sick kids, house issues, etc. Plus I'm still just not feeling very well - so tired and the nausea is still bad at night. I'm 14w4d today so I'm really hoping I get some energy soon and start feeling better! Still feel like I'm eating terrible too and am gaining weight so fast. I seriously look like a whale and I'm kinda hating it - especially after I had lost so much weight swaying and felt SOO nice and skinny there for a short while! :(

Sounds like I'm not alone though with all the miserable pregnancy symptoms though! Sorry for all the nausea, headaches, etc. that everyone is dealing with!! :(

Hopper I'm sorry about the awful morning sickness. Hope you feel better soon :( :( Glad baby looked great though!

Simkan glad your tooth is fixed!! Yikes you have had a rough go of it lately!

Hannah - I ordered the at home Hypnobabies stuff with DS2. Did not keep up with the "homework" as much as I was supposed to but I did like it - the recordings are very relaxing and it was a nice thing to listen to at night (sometimes I'd fall asleep to it - which I think they say is normal, LOL!). I didn't end up using it really in labor though as my whole labor was only 3 hours. But I think if you think you'll have a longer, intense labor and want it to be more peaceful it's a good method to use!

Surrounded YAAAAY that you had a good scan and YAAAAY that you have a gender scan on Monday!! Can't wait to hear! Hoping you hear pink!!! And yes - I do have a lot of CM during pregnancy - bleck!

Raining can't wait to hear about your scan as well!!! Hoping everything with your little bean looks perfect!!

TP I'm sorry about what you felt at the wedding :( I still get bothered a LOT by the people who have B/G pairs... it somehow seems completely unfair how many people I know/see who have 2 kids and get one of each without any effort. Really bugs me for some reason - even though I love the brother bond I see with my boys and couldn't imagine not having had one of them. But it still bugs me. I've been struggling with resentment and jealousy for awhile now towards one of my cousins who lives near me. She had a girl, and then a boy - they are done now... And I swear I feel like everything else in her life just comes easy to her. I'm excited about B/G twins (if the NIPT is right - LOL still can't totally believe it yet!), but I've been thinking about it and I really feel convinced now that if we had only gotten pregnant with one instead of two, that one would have been a boy. Like I feel like the ONLY reason I'm getting a girl (IF the NIPT is right!) is because we "upped our odds" A LOT by having two babies and it seems like most fraternal twins are B/G. So it's like lately I think, ok I worked my butt off swaying for over a year, did EVERYTHING I could, I had 3 losses, and STILL I probably would have had a boy if it had just been one. I just really think DH and I are primarily "set" for making boys. Still seems a little crazy to me that a boy did sneak in there this time with all those non-boy friendly "obstacles" - but, as we know there are a lot of women on here who have such fantastic sways who still end up with opposites. Don't get me wrong I am very excited for DS3 too but it's just a little crazy to me that it happened. But anyways... yea I just don't understand why getting the desired gender is so hard for some and so damn easy for others!!!!

Thank you! Ill be leaving here in 24 hours (not like Im counting down or anything) and Im really hoping Oops cooperates! :fx:

I feel really guilty... Ive actually had such a smooth pregnancy so far. Its similar to my one with DS1 in that aspect, except Im not super tired. I get a few headaches and am so hungry all the time, which is different from both my other pregnancies, but thats about it. I hope you all feel better soon! :hugs:

Throwaway_panther
August 12th, 2018, 09:38 AM
I so hope some of you ladies start feeling better!! Especially when many of you are into the second tri now -- come on placentas!!

So I'm asking a dumb question now: I've mentioned before that so many people thought DD was going to be a boy. Only DH, me and MIL/SIL thought she'd be girl. Now EVERYONE is guessing boy, including DH, MIL and SIL! Has anyone had people guess mostly correctly?! I'm obviously cautious based on my experience with DD, and I think it's how boy mom I am that is causing those guesses -- but am just wondering if any of you have had people guess mostly correct?!

Mommy2apples
August 12th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I so hope some of you ladies start feeling better!! Especially when many of you are into the second tri now -- come on placentas!!

So I'm asking a dumb question now: I've mentioned before that so many people thought DD was going to be a boy. Only DH, me and MIL/SIL thought she'd be girl. Now EVERYONE is guessing boy, including DH, MIL and SIL! Has anyone had people guess mostly correctly?! I'm obviously cautious based on my experience with DD, and I think it's how boy mom I am that is causing those guesses -- but am just wondering if any of you have had people guess mostly correct?!

My mom always knew on all of mine. Even when I didn’t want to hear her, she knew. Lol

hopper
August 12th, 2018, 01:57 PM

So I'm asking a dumb question now: I've mentioned before that so many people thought DD was going to be a boy. Only DH, me and MIL/SIL thought she'd be girl. Now EVERYONE is guessing boy, including DH, MIL and SIL! Has anyone had people guess mostly correctly?! I'm obviously cautious based on my experience with DD, and I think it's how boy mom I am that is causing those guesses -- but am just wondering if any of you have had people guess mostly correct?!I think when you have one gender the majority of people seem to automatically think you want the opposite gender so they are mostly saying what they reckon you most want to hear. Or at least that has been my experience. Everyone said girl on my first, except my SIL. Everyone said girl on my second except me. And everyone said girl on my third except my mom and DH.
This time around I'm cutting everyone off by saying we're having a 4th boy lol. Too early to know but girl guesses are currently at zero despite having broken the news to quite a few recently ;)

gafan
August 12th, 2018, 02:29 PM
I have a latte every day. Have with all my pregnancies. Most of my friends do too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkI very much enjoyed my coffee drink today, thanks!

Eighme
August 12th, 2018, 03:55 PM
My mom guessed right with my son! She just knew right before we went in for the 20 week scan. I always had the gut feeling he was a boy! So I wasn't too shocked when the said "it's a boy"

This time around my mom is saying girl. But I'm being cautious about that one. EVERYONE around me is saying girl because I am nauseous. I had a unicorn pregnancy with my son with literally zero syptoms.

It can be so frustrating hearing people make assumptions just based on wives tales. that seems to be the majority of my situation.

simkan
August 12th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Oh, I know this! I more than anyone know we don't know how the others feel (I can remember a pregnant woman of two boys giving me the most resentful look once when I was carrying DD when she was very little and I wanted so badly to say, "Trust me, I wanted what you want!"

I'm just bitter she got a PP so easily, and am still resentful that she emailed a pregnancy announcement when I had removed myself from Facebook purposely to avoid how much they hurt! We're not even remotely close btw [emoji14] So I am just still pained by trying to protect myself and she still felt a way to wedge in the hurt with the announcement, not the baby!I completely understand why that email would have upset you! I felt that way with DS2 when we were told he was probably not going to make it and I kept seeing people around my due date posting their announcements. It was really hard. Very unnecessary to email someone who purposely took themselves off fb.

To answer your other question everyone guessed right for DS1. I don't think anyone considered he'd be a girl. My husband was like- if this baby comes out a girl it's going to be such a mind f##k cuz Noone had even considered the possibility.
With DS2 most people guessed girl. But I think they were just like- well you have a boy now so must be a girl.

ABC.2606
August 12th, 2018, 06:18 PM
I got a few girl guesses with DS2 - but like hopper said I think it's because we already had one boy and some people knew we wanted a girl. Also I started off sicker with him than with DS1. But nope - they were wrong :)

Throwaway_panther
August 12th, 2018, 06:46 PM
See, I don't think it's at all because of people thinking that for me though! DH is actually a very vocal "girl dad" and is pretty notorious for how bonded he is with DD, and I'm extremely private about my GD. I even actually had a lot of people say, "I sense a sister for your DD" when I was pregnant with my third pregnancy (and these people didn't even know I was pregnant!). And funny your moms seemed to be right more often that not -- my mom was adamant DD was a boy. Then after she was born said, "You know, this week I thought, 'Maybe it's a girl.'" Even my sisters gave her a hard time since she was clearly trying to save face for being wrong! But maybe my MIL's is more on? I hope so...

Had a bit of a sad twinge even about the OWTs. I had someone say, "My mother's way was the surefire way. The moon phase during your DD's birth will determine what the next one is," and I said, "I don't think that works for us since we've had several pregnancies in between..."

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 01:09 AM
If my mom had a feeling about what we were carrying the first two times she never told me about it - and she seemed generally surprised each time we said “boy” - LOL! This time she admitted she thought it was two girls - so not correct there! :)

Isn’t your anatomy scan this week?

mummaofboys
August 13th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Hi ladies, I had a scan today.. was so nervous going in. Bub is measuring perfectly! It was such a relief to see a baby of the correct size for gestation on the screen and of course the flutter of the heartbeat. Also had my bloods taken for the nipt test. Fingers crossed everything comes back ok.

I hope everyone is feel ok today

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180813/07236d8e5a8249aebe32b3e145ecfc40.jpg

Throwaway_panther
August 13th, 2018, 09:01 AM
If my mom had a feeling about what we were carrying the first two times she never told me about it - and she seemed generally surprised each time we said “boy” - LOL! This time she admitted she thought it was two girls - so not correct there! :)

Isn’t your anatomy scan this week?

Yup, tomorrow. Some pretty heavy shit has happened this weekend between DH and me. Having a hard time figuring out if that's changed my plans for the scan...

Cassidy4
August 13th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Beautiful baby mummaofboys!
Good luck today Surrounded! Can’t wait to see pictures and to hear what your having!!

I have had a hard weekend and spent much of it in bed. It’s so smoky here due to forest fires and it’s making me so sick with headaches/nausea/congestion! I’m hoping it clears up soon and the fires stop. How was everyone else’s weekend?

SurroundedByBoys
August 13th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Hi ladies, I had a scan today.. was so nervous going in. Bub is measuring perfectly! It was such a relief to see a baby of the correct size for gestation on the screen and of course the flutter of the heartbeat. Also had my bloods taken for the nipt test. Fingers crossed everything comes back ok.

:heart: Adorable!

SurroundedByBoys
August 13th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Thank you! I leave in an hour! Im so nervous! Funny enough, we all got ready and literally everybody is wearing a blue shirt. Subliminal message haha. I really hope Oops cooperates and Im not too plus sized.

As for the gender guesses, there was 50/50 for DS1, and I said boy. DS2 mas girl votes, with me being the only one who said boy. Matches with this one where everyone says girl but Im getting a boy vibe again.

Cassidy4
August 13th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I hope you hear girl :fingers: but if not we are all here for you to vent to!

Eighme
August 13th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Thank you! I leave in an hour! Im so nervous! Funny enough, we all got ready and literally everybody is wearing a blue shirt. Subliminal message haha. I really hope Oops cooperates and Im not too plus sized.

As for the gender guesses, there was 50/50 for DS1, and I said boy. DS2 mas girl votes, with me being the only one who said boy. Matches with this one where everyone says girl but Im getting a boy vibe again.So excited, Surrounded! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

Eighme
August 13th, 2018, 10:23 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBeautiful baby, Mumma!

Pretty
August 13th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Good luck ladies!!

SurroundedByBoys
August 13th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Just got home...Very much my 3rd little boy. :DS:

Pretty
August 13th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Oh gosh SBB, I’m so sorry you didnt hear pink! I totally was thinking that was a girly nub too. More than anything I hope you have peace and joy and a healthy blue bundle!

Eighme
August 13th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Oh Surrounded I've been checking in today to see what you were having. I'm sorry you didn't here girl. I hope the baby is healthy and you're doing okay.

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Surrounded I’m sorry you didn’t hear girl :(. Hope you’re doing ok! Congrats though on your new little man!! Baby Boy Oops! I’m sure he will be perfect!

simkan
August 13th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Beautiful Baby mamma. Hope all your results come back great. :)

Sorry you didn't hear girl Surrounded. I hope everything else went well in the scan. Sending love.

Cassidy4
August 13th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I’m sorry you didn’t hear girl Surrounded, I hope you're doing ok.

kikurose
August 13th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Yup, tomorrow. Some pretty heavy shit has happened this weekend between DH and me. Having a hard time figuring out if that's changed my plans for the scan...

Hope you’re doing okay TP. *hugs*

kikurose
August 13th, 2018, 05:18 PM

What a loved little boy it will be [emoji170] Hope you’re doing okay with the news[emoji170]

Thinkingofthree
August 13th, 2018, 05:42 PM

Sorry you didn’t hear what you were hoping for. Thinking of you.

SurroundedByBoys
August 13th, 2018, 06:12 PM
I'm working through it... disappointed for sure, and it was made a little worse because I went to the store to try to boost myself by getting a few boy things and seeing how little and bland they were vs girls. Probably not my best idea. I am surprisingly not crushed to where I cant function, I think because my guts were telling me it was a boy and I started telling myself that ever since I saw the stacking nub at 12 weeks. My mother is in denial, she keeps saying we will see, they could be wrong. Im sitting here like... there is ZERO doubts mom, do you not see the size of that haha I saw it the moment she went between the legs. At 15 weeks if its this obvious!

Pretty
August 13th, 2018, 06:47 PM
So true SBB! I’m glad he wasn’t shy and you know for sure now!!

I’m sorry TP, hugs. Hope you’re doing ok!

mummaofboys
August 13th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Good luck today Surrounded! Can’t wait to see pictures and to hear what your having!!

I have had a hard weekend and spent much of it in bed. It’s so smoky here due to forest fires and it’s making me so sick with headaches/nausea/congestion! I’m hoping it clears up soon and the fires stop. How was everyone else’s weekend?

Thank you :)

That sounds horrible :( I hope everyone is safe and that they clear soon so you can feel better!

mummaofboys
August 13th, 2018, 07:33 PM
I'm working through it... disappointed for sure, and it was made a little worse because I went to the store to try to boost myself by getting a few boy things and seeing how little and bland they were vs girls. Probably not my best idea. I am surprisingly not crushed to where I cant function, I think because my guts were telling me it was a boy and I started telling myself that ever since I saw the stacking nub at 12 weeks. My mother is in denial, she keeps saying we will see, they could be wrong. Im sitting here like... there is ZERO doubts mom, do you not see the size of that haha I saw it the moment she went between the legs. At 15 weeks if its this obvious!

That is definitely an obvious boy bit! I’m sorry you didn’t hear girl but I’m sure he will be the sweetest little man and that all 3 boys will be thick as thieves growing up :)

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 08:06 PM

I’m sorry Cassidy!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 08:07 PM

Ugh I’m sorry TP. I hope things went better between you two today :(

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 08:11 PM

Glad you’re doing ok. Take time to work through the emotions - GD sucks :( :(

Maybe look online for cute boy clothes - I feel like it’s a *little* easier to avoid seeing girl stuff that way. I’m really liking Target’s Cat & Jack line lately, and Carters always has good selection & sales!

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 08:21 PM
I’m bump size obsessing ladies! I feel huge for 15 weeks, but then I look online at 15 week bump shots (twins and singletons) and this seems pretty average - bigger than some, smaller than others! I certainly don’t think I looked like this at this point with the first two but who knows - didn’t take a lot of photos then and my memory sucks! What’s bugging me more is I feel like I’m gaining weight in my legs/ thighs too. Ugh.

My next ultrasound is next Tuesday and I’m feeling super anxious again about if they are still ok. I hate not being able to feel them move yet! ☹️

Anyone else have bumps to show? :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/fde52b8932d443e497e74edd08e12342.jpg

Cassidy4
August 13th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Your bump is so cute ABC! No real bump here yet, still looking bloated/chubby at 15 weeks too. I wish I could feel my little one too, but I think it might be awhile with an anterior placenta. You should start feeling them soon though, especially with 2 in there!

Eighme
August 13th, 2018, 09:25 PM
I’m bump size obsessing ladies! I feel huge for 15 weeks, but then I look online at 15 week bump shots (twins and singletons) and this seems pretty average - bigger than some, smaller than others! I certainly don’t think I looked like this at this point with the first two but who knows - didn’t take a lot of photos then and my memory sucks! What’s bugging me more is I feel like I’m gaining weight in my legs/ thighs too. Ugh.

My next ultrasound is next Tuesday and I’m feeling super anxious again about if they are still ok. I hate not being able to feel them move yet! [emoji852]️

Anyone else have bumps to show? :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/fde52b8932d443e497e74edd08e12342.jpg

Omg ABC! I love your cute little bump! You are precious! And if it makes you feel any better, you are much smaller than a lady I know who was bigger than you at that week and had only one! Everybody has a different body type! And when people ask if your carrying twins your answer really is YES!

No bump yet. I have a nice pooch that is slowing growing. I just look bloated the majority of the time.

Eighme
August 13th, 2018, 09:32 PM

He wasn't shy at all. And I completely understand what you mean about trying to go look at boy clothes. I did that when I found out I was having a son. Went to Target, the girl's section was massive, and the boy's was so tiny. But! Target does have some wonderful stuff online if your local store isn't great, Old Navy, Gap, and Carter's all have super cute boy stuff too!

Hope you're feeling okay.

Pretty
August 13th, 2018, 10:07 PM
What an adorable bump!! I’m huge! Everywhere! LOL, hubby has been gaining too and asking if there’s a men’s maternity section:giggle:

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Your bump is so cute ABC! No real bump here yet, still looking bloated/chubby at 15 weeks too. I wish I could feel my little one too, but I think it might be awhile with an anterior placenta. You should start feeling them soon though, especially with 2 in there!

Both of mine have anterior placentas too :(. I had anterior with DS2 as well and didn’t really start feeling him until 21 weeks or so - it was so annoying! Stupid anterior placentas LOL

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 10:30 PM
Omg ABC! I love your cute little bump! You are precious! And if it makes you feel any better, you are much smaller than a lady I know who was bigger than you at that week and had only one! Everybody has a different body type! And when people ask if your carrying twins your answer really is YES!

No bump yet. I have a nice pooch that is slowing growing. I just look bloated the majority of the time.

LOL thanks I feel like at this rate though people are going to ask me if I’m carrying triplets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ABC.2606
August 13th, 2018, 10:32 PM
What an adorable bump!! I’m huge! Everywhere! LOL, hubby has been gaining too and asking if there’s a men’s maternity section:giggle:

Isn’t that like scientifically proven that husbands gain weight in pregnancy too?? I feel like I read that somewhere!!!! [emoji38]

Thinkingofthree
August 14th, 2018, 12:37 AM

I did the same thing with DS2. I went shopping for a little brother outfit and really struggled because the little brother stuff was right next to the little sister stuff.
So I understand the poor shopping experience, been there.

simkan
August 14th, 2018, 01:23 AM
Surrounded I'm sorry the shopping didn't lift your spirits but glad that you don't feel completely devastated. Definitely go online! Alliexpress is also great. Tons of cute stuff on there. I have always liked dressing up my boys as little old men. Think bowties, suspenders, golf hats. That cuteness kept my yearning for girl clothes at bay with ds2.
Also find looking at pinterest at brother photoshoots is also nice. I did that before I found out the gender this time to try psych myself up for a boy.
And finding a name you love. I loved DS2 name. We didn't know the gender but towards the end I thought of the name as an option for a boy and I actually got a bit excited at the prospect of another boy if he could have that name. He's going to perfect x

ABC your bump is looking so cute! I'm not sure if I have a proper bump yet. Looking like a food baby at this point. At night after I've eaten it gets pretty big! Maybe tomorrow I'll take a morning vs evening for you guys.

Girlswaylondon
August 14th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Abc I was about the same size as you at 16 weeks :) I actually think where I started off my lowest ever adult weight this time my bump was more noticeable if that makes sense?!

You look great!!

Noemi2017
August 14th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Very cute baby mumma:HH:

Noemi2017
August 14th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Surrounded congrats to baby boy, i know u wanted to hear girl but im sure he will very special and important part of your family:hugs:

Noemi2017
August 14th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Abc very nice bump:flowerz:

Pbn3
August 14th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Abc you have a seriously gorgeous bump going on there [emoji7]

Tp I hope you're ok, please pm if you're more comfortable doing that [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cassidy4
August 14th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Both of mine have anterior placentas too :(. I had anterior with DS2 as well and didn’t really start feeling him until 21 weeks or so - it was so annoying! Stupid anterior placentas LOL

I know, I was a little upset when I found out it’s anterior. My 4th pregnancy I had an anterior placenta and felt him around 17 weeks. Hopefully it’s the same this time but I’m 20lbs heavier so I think it will be harder to feel. Do you think weight makes a difference?

ABC.2606
August 14th, 2018, 09:28 AM
I know, I was a little upset when I found out it’s anterior. My 4th pregnancy I had an anterior placenta and felt him around 17 weeks. Hopefully it’s the same this time but I’m 20lbs heavier so I think it will be harder to feel. Do you think weight makes a difference?

Not sure. I was at a heavier weight with DS2 so maybe that has an effect. I guess we’ll see! Hopefully it’s not too long for both of us!

kikurose
August 14th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Baby bump!!! [emoji7][emoji7] gorgeous!

SurroundedByBoys
August 14th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Im plus sized and not showing anything I can tell, except my pants are a tad snug in the waist. I also havent gained any weight with this one. I didnt really show with DS1 until around 20 weeks. Meanwhile DS2 my bump was massive by 14 weeks. I was around the same weight for all 3 to start with.

SurroundedByBoys
August 14th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Announced my pregnancy officially today. Posted these pictures to do it. Facebook official :giggle:

Girlswaylondon
August 14th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Surrounded that’s adorable!! You make beautiful boys :)

Cassidy4
August 14th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Love your announcement! Are your boys excited for their baby brother? They sure are cute! You should name Oops something like cOOPer, that has Oops in it lol! I love his nickname lol ��

simkan
August 14th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Love your announcement surrounded! So cute! Your boys are gorgeous!

Eighme
August 14th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Surrounded I love your sense of humor! Your announcement is great!

SurroundedByBoys
August 14th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Thank you all!

Jacob (DS1) was hoping for a sister, but is excited for a brother as well. Logan (DS2) is on the severe end of the autism spectrum so hes not totally aware of whats going on, but he loves babies so when I bring DS3 home he will be mighty pleased!

I love the name Cooper. Unfortunately my last name is Zeller (feel free to FB stalk haha I welcome friends) and names that end in 'er' sound a bit off. Its a hard last name! I think the names that have been thrown around most are Travis, Trevor (but the or sound sigh), Brendan/Brandon, and Devin.

Pretty
August 14th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Adorable announcement!!

gafan
August 14th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Thank you all!

Jacob (DS1) was hoping for a sister, but is excited for a brother as well. Logan (DS2) is on the severe end of the autism spectrum so hes not totally aware of whats going on, but he loves babies so when I bring DS3 home he will be mighty pleased!

I love the name Cooper. Unfortunately my last name is Zeller (feel free to FB stalk haha I welcome friends) and names that end in 'er' sound a bit off. Its a hard last name! I think the names that have been thrown around most are Travis, Trevor (but the or sound sigh), Brendan/Brandon, and Devin.Adorable boys! I hope your GD fades quickly and that your baby is healthy. He will be perfect.

gafan
August 14th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I just reached 7 weeks. I've been feeling well for the most part. I'm still holding my breath to see if this little one keeps growing. My first appointment is at 9w1d so if I hear a heartbeat then I think I will really believe this is happening!
Cassidy I hope you feel well soon.

ABC.2606
August 14th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Surrounded such a cute announcement!!! And those little pjs - isn’t it crazy remembering how little they start out? :)

Gafan hoping the next couple of weeks go by fast for you! Waiting for that first scan is torture!!!

TP did you have your scan yet??

Mommy2apples
August 14th, 2018, 04:41 PM
I have a Logan too! [emoji4] my boys are Logan, Kolton, and Braxton!
I love Love your announcement!!

hannahptrussell
August 14th, 2018, 05:06 PM
I just reached 7 weeks. I've been feeling well for the most part. I'm still holding my breath to see if this little one keeps growing. My first appointment is at 9w1d so if I hear a heartbeat then I think I will really believe this is happening!
Cassidy I hope you feel well soon.

Oh Gafan, I remember those days vividly still. I still think “oh, if I only get to **milestone** I’ll breath a bit easier. Hoping for an uneventful 2 weeks for you!

Cassidy4
August 14th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Awe, I think it still sounds good Surrounded lol! But I understand what you mean!

Thank you Gafan! That’s good you’ve been feeling well. I hope the next few weeks go quick so you can hear the heartbeat!

I have a midwife appointment next Tuesday and my early gender scan on Wednesday. Time is going soooo slow

Throwaway_panther
August 14th, 2018, 09:07 PM
So not doing great. Things are very not great with DH and I'm exhausted by his passive aggression and his resistance to therapy or any change. He was extremely emotionally abusive this week (I was just in the way of his stress, it didn't even have to do with me but he took it all out on me...)

But I had scan today...

They couldn't tell gender!!!! Tech literally said she has to write "unknown" even for the records. Baby was so stubborn we have to go back in 2 weeks to try and get the needed images on scan! Couldn't even get full cord shot, face, etc.!

I thought I saw vagina at one point but I guess that really shows how much we think we know and are wrong, since tech said she couldn't get gender shot at all? Skull looked smooth and girly to me though and I feel like surely a penis should be seen somehow?! Anyone have boys who hid the goods?

At least my decision on finding out gender or not was made for me!

Now to tackle the DH stuff... :/

ksmom
August 14th, 2018, 10:32 PM
TP, my DS3 was really good at hiding his stuff at my anatomy scan. Nearly the entire time he had his legs tightly crossed to the point I thought surely it's a girl because what boy would be comfy squishing his bits like that! It wasn't until the very end after jostling him a bunch that he spread eagle for the tech to see. So I wouldn't worry about what parts you saw (or lack thereof) since babies can definitely hide what they want to.

Noemi2017
August 15th, 2018, 06:33 AM
Tp sorry you are not doing great:( i hope it will be better soon with Dh:hugs::heart:

4blue2pink
August 15th, 2018, 07:06 AM
TP at my 20 week scan with DS3 the tech looked for gender and said "99% sure its a girl" then later into the scan she was like "wait..its a boy" so yeah boys can certainly hide it if they arent in an ideal position!! and if she couldnt even get the shots to check that area for the medical notes then it very much is still 50/50 for this baby.
i hope things get better between you and dh soon :heart: do you think you will find out at your next scan if they can get the gender shots or are you set on being team green after baby wouldnt show yesterday?

Throwaway_panther
August 15th, 2018, 07:15 AM
I really don't things will get better with him. This is all such longstanding issues, and I was just so focused on getting my son -- now I have no means to go it alone after blowing all my savings on IVF, and don't feel it's even worth staying with him at times, especially when it's looking like he is the biggest obstacle towards me getting my son.

I did a TON of Googling and saw most people who couldn't tell gender at anatomy scan ended up having girls :( In our case, it's not the cord was blocking, it's that baby was literally crouched with feet up and in a position where tech couldn't even get shot of base of spine or cord, let alone anywhere near genitals... but still, I am feeling so hopeless between DH's continued assholery and now this. All of this just to get another girl. There have been so many moments where I've thought I should have just found out sex with NIPT and terminated if girl like I always planned. But no, I was "doing this for DD" and "DH would never forgive me if I terminated."

Now I'm here contemplating being alone, truly, and wondering how I'll weather an unwanted pregnancy and labor and then 2 kids by myself, with my dream of a boy being dashed even further by being single.

I just thought life was finally getting easier. Now I'm feeling like a fool.

I was also so relieved and felt so much better that the baby wouldn't show gender even to the techs! I kept thinking, "THANK YOU!" Now I'm realizing this probably pretty much confirmed it's a girl :(

Eighme
August 15th, 2018, 07:53 AM
TP, I am so sorry you are going through this. Have you considered marriage counseling, if that is an option, or something you're comfortable with.

I just hate that you are going through this all simultaneously and just words from a stranger on the internet is all I can give. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I'm hoping you and your husband find a resolution that is healthy and good for everyone involved.

Throwaway_panther
August 15th, 2018, 08:00 AM
TP, I am so sorry you are going through this. Have you considered marriage counseling, if that is an option, or something you're comfortable with.

I just hate that you are going through this all simultaneously and just words from a stranger on the internet is all I can give. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I'm hoping you and your husband find a resolution that is healthy and good for everyone involved.

We've seen two different marriage counselors over the years, and he's seen two different individualized therapists as well. He always stops going once they say things he doesn't like. No red flags there! :sigh:

And thank you for your words, because having you all here DOES help me. I luckily have very supportive understanding friends who have been very vocal about how surprised they are I AM still with DH after he treated me during all the losses (especially after we found out he lied about his own urology issue...). But the only place I can go to about my gender concerns is here :/

And yeah... all simultaneously is why I think I suddenly went from stable, peaceful, "At least DD will get a sibling no matter what" to "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING? HAVING ANOTHER GIRL? WITH A MAN WHO TREATS ME LIKE SHIT?" And we don't even have a confirmation of gender! (Though I was already down the rabbit hole of depression even with DD's nub shot).

Maybe I just have antepartum depression every time :/ Yet another factor in, "Why am I making myself push through unwanted babies..." and yet another issue DH is incapable of supporting. Afterall, I was told to "fake smile" around him during all my losses because I was ~such a drag~ :rolleyes:

Mommy2apples
August 15th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Tp my second boy hid his at 16 weeks and we had to go back at 17 weeks to confirm. He would not uncross his legs at all.

Mommy2apples
August 15th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Tp I’m so sorry he had the nerve to treat you like that. How cruel of him during your losses too. So many hugs to you. If he’s abusive then being with him isn’t healthy for you and certainly not for your two babies.

Raining
August 15th, 2018, 09:36 AM
So I had my scan and now I’m kind of worried. The machine in office was kind of old so she could not get a very clear up close shot. Each time she measured it was 5 days behind what I should be. Should be 7w5d, measured 7. Heart rate looked good she said but didn’t give me a number. She didn’t seem all too concerned with the measurements but since I know the day we conceived, I am. It’s impossible I’m only 7 weeks. I also go an early BFP at 10dpo.. Plus the internet is filled with horror stories and bad outcomes involving measuring behind. So instead of happy I’m confused and worried. I’ll go back in 2 weeks for repeat scan.

Pretty
August 15th, 2018, 10:14 AM
TP, MEEEEEEE! DS hid his goods for multiple scans! I had so much pink stuff to return it was horrible! Of course, after numerous shopping sprees it couldn’t have been more obvious when he did decide to show (which was well into the twenty-some-odd weeks). I’m so sorry for what you’re going through, having previously been in an extremely abusive relationship, I know how hard it can be.... to stay, leave, being scared, unhappy. The unknown is so scary, but so is the prospect of a lifetime of unhappiness. Life is so short, I hope you find happiness, wherever it may lie and however it may come about. Hugs!

Pretty
August 15th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Raining, this one had a date that bounced around too (despite the fact I know the date as well). At that gestation, they are so small and doctors and techs measure so quickly it’s bound to be off. Just a few pixels on a screen can make a huge difference in measurements. A good heartbeat is great news!! FWIW, mine is a girl! Fx!!!!

Pretty
August 15th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Funny thing is, my doctor knows my.... “personality” that he corrected the computers EDD and put in my own LOL he said he trusted my notes far more than the machine.

gafan
August 15th, 2018, 04:00 PM
We've seen two different marriage counselors over the years, and he's seen two different individualized therapists as well. He always stops going once they say things he doesn't like. No red flags there! :sigh:

And thank you for your words, because having you all here DOES help me. I luckily have very supportive understanding friends who have been very vocal about how surprised they are I AM still with DH after he treated me during all the losses (especially after we found out he lied about his own urology issue...). But the only place I can go to about my gender concerns is here :/

And yeah... all simultaneously is why I think I suddenly went from stable, peaceful, "At least DD will get a sibling no matter what" to "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING? HAVING ANOTHER GIRL? WITH A MAN WHO TREATS ME LIKE SHIT?" And we don't even have a confirmation of gender! (Though I was already down the rabbit hole of depression even with DD's nub shot).

Maybe I just have antepartum depression every time :/ Yet another factor in, "Why am I making myself push through unwanted babies..." and yet another issue DH is incapable of supporting. Afterall, I was told to "fake smile" around him during all my losses because I was ~such a drag~ :rolleyes:TP, I'm sorry to hear you are going through all this. it is too early to know for sure that this isnt a boy, but I know GD can be intense and it is hard to hope ssometimes. Are you getting support for possible antepartum depression? Sounds like your husband is incredibly difficult to deal with and you deserve as much support as possible.

Kelbear
August 15th, 2018, 06:05 PM
I really don't things will get better with him. This is all such longstanding issues, and I was just so focused on getting my son -- now I have no means to go it alone after blowing all my savings on IVF, and don't feel it's even worth staying with him at times, especially when it's looking like he is the biggest obstacle towards me getting my son.

I did a TON of Googling and saw most people who couldn't tell gender at anatomy scan ended up having girls :( In our case, it's not the cord was blocking, it's that baby was literally crouched with feet up and in a position where tech couldn't even get shot of base of spine or cord, let alone anywhere near genitals... but still, I am feeling so hopeless between DH's continued assholery and now this. All of this just to get another girl. There have been so many moments where I've thought I should have just found out sex with NIPT and terminated if girl like I always planned. But no, I was "doing this for DD" and "DH would never forgive me if I terminated."

Now I'm here contemplating being alone, truly, and wondering how I'll weather an unwanted pregnancy and labor and then 2 kids by myself, with my dream of a boy being dashed even further by being single.

I just thought life was finally getting easier. Now I'm feeling like a fool.

I was also so relieved and felt so much better that the baby wouldn't show gender even to the techs! I kept thinking, "THANK YOU!" Now I'm realizing this probably pretty much confirmed it's a girl :(

TP it is just horrible that you are going through all this. Pregnancy and being a parent is hard enough when you have a supportive partner let alone feeling like you are doing it all by yourself. I just hope things can improve for you even if they don't get better with your DH. I will keep hoping you get your DS as this sounds like the one thing that might help give you the strength and desire to keep going.
I understand the feeling of being alone and how scary the prospect of being a single parent is as DH and I are in a similar place right now. DH still doesn't want this baby and has refused to go to any of my scans and still refers to this as my baby or 'you have a baby on the way' not our baby at all. He is emotionally abusive or distant (both seem as bad sometimes). He refuses to go to counselling and I don't know how we will make it through this as a couple. I am terrified at the prospect of being a single parent of 3 under 4 once Bub is born. I know if this baby is another boy he won't cope (not that he is already but if it's a girl he might come around eventually). I am so scared to find out the sex of this baby but know it is probably better to find out now and make some hard decisions rather than face him leaving as soon as the baby is born. I have barely slept in 4 days as I am so anxious about my anatomy scan which is in 5 hours now. I just know it will be another boy and I really don't know how I am going to cope with hearing that.

Surrounded I hope you are doing ok, I know you were hoping to hear pink. Your announcement is just so cute. I hope you can find joy in your new little man and in your eldest son's excitement towards this baby.

I hope everyone else is doing ok and good luck to those with upcoming scans or blood results.

Kelbear
August 15th, 2018, 06:13 PM
So I had my scan and now I’m kind of worried. The machine in office was kind of old so she could not get a very clear up close shot. Each time she measured it was 5 days behind what I should be. Should be 7w5d, measured 7. Heart rate looked good she said but didn’t give me a number. She didn’t seem all too concerned with the measurements but since I know the day we conceived, I am. It’s impossible I’m only 7 weeks. I also go an early BFP at 10dpo.. Plus the internet is filled with horror stories and bad outcomes involving measuring behind. So instead of happy I’m confused and worried. I’ll go back in 2 weeks for repeat scan.

This little one was measuring smaller than I thought at my 7 week scan, measured 5 days bigger at the next scan so try not to worry too much. As they are dealing with such tiny measurements (like 8mm long at 7 weeks) the tiniest error or their part can mean Bub is measuring days ahead or behind.

Pretty
August 15th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Good luck Kelbear!!

kikurose
August 15th, 2018, 07:43 PM
gafan- I know you must be so anxious. FX it is all great!

Kelbear- hoping you hear pink. Please update! I'm so sorry you're in this situation :( I wish I had more encouragement to offer you, but sending you a huge hug.

TP- my heart is also breaking for you. I'm so glad you have friends IRL who are supportive, but I'm so angry he is treating you like such shite. You have been through SO MUCH, SO SO MUCH. I wish I had more to say, but I mostly wish I could help you feel better. What is clearly true is that you are so strong, possibly stronger than you even know. Hugest of hugs.

simkan
August 15th, 2018, 07:52 PM
TP and kelbear I'm so sorry your husbands are being so unsupportive and you're not getting the support you need especially while pregnant. I have no advice but hope things improve for both of you.
TP don't worry about not seeing the genitals meaning girl. You mentioned they couldn't even see parts of the spine they needed to and that doesn't even have legs covering it up so baby really was uncooperative! I didn't find out with my boys but I watched all the ultrasounds and saw nothing.

Kelbear Goodluck for your scan! I hope you see girl! Whatever the result is know that baby will be extremely loved and even your DH will probably not imagine life without it once it's here. Looking forward to hearing about your scan later x

simkan
August 15th, 2018, 07:55 PM
It's so hard not to worry but if heart rate is good don't worry too much. As said before they are so tiny at this stage that clicking the measurement one pixel to small will change the results. Definitely go back for piece of mind in a couple weeks and nice to see more of baby anyway x

ABC.2606
August 15th, 2018, 11:16 PM
TP and Kelbear I’m really really sorry to hear about what you are going through with your DHs. That’s so unfair what they are doing to you - especially right now as you are going through a pregnancy :(. I don’t have any advice for you but you’re in my thoughts and prayers. I’m really hoping things get better but I understand that it’s just not that simple. Huge hugs.

TP wow I’ve never known anyone with that situation at their anatomy scan! From the responses on here and on your other post though it seems like it’s not so uncommon, and that it doesn’t necessarily mean girl! It really sounds like babe was in a really bad position for the ultrasound. And I would think if it’s legs were at all open and genitals could be seen that a vagina would be just as easy for a trained tech to spot as a penis. So don’t give up hope on that yet!

Raining I hope everything is ok with your little one. It sounds positive that there was a good HB. I went through this in March with my 3rd m/c - except in my case I measured 11 days behind and with NO heartbeat!! I googled myself crazy trying to find miracle stories and found little to none in cases like mine, BUT I did see lots of happy endings with people measuring less than a week behind, as you are. In lots of those cases babies just “caught up” by the next ultrasound or two. And my OB did tell me that some healthy babies do just grow a little slower! So hopefully all will be ok! I wish you didn’t have to wait 2 more weeks though - that’s a long time when you’re worrying!

Throwaway_panther
August 16th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Thank you all for your supportive words. This has been the week from hell.

And ABC, it was crazy! She mentioned she couldn't get the nasal bone ossification too and of course I freaked out a bit, since the nasal bone was a weird issue back at the nuchal! NIPT said things were fine, but I know better than anyone alllllll the different abnormalities beyond the 3 that checks that slip through the cracks! Also adding to the weirdness -- I was having a contraction that made her have to stop the scan and wait, too. Lol. Nothing is ever simple with me!

Raining, I am definitely crossing my fingers for you. HB is always the most important things since those measurements can be off (and 5 days ISN'T that big, even early! I had a reading about 3/4 days off I freaked out about, since we also knew exactly when I conceived and had early scans where I had matched my dates exactly). I am hoping all goes well for you and baby!

Kelbear
August 16th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Had my anatomy scan today - so far all looks good with bub but didn't find out gender. Couldn't face hearing boy the day before DS2's first birthday. Asked if tech could write down gender in an envelope for me and DH to read later but she said it was against policy. Then I asked if she could tell my mum (who came with me as DH didn't want to come to this scan either) when I left the room but she wouldn't do that either. So frustrating as I really do want to know just not for a few days. She said the dr at my next appointment in 2 weeks might be able to tell me from the scan pics on record. She was very careful to not give me any full body profile shots, only really a head shot so I am suspicious this means it is a boy. I also thought I heard her say 'his hand' at one stage. Didn't see any obvious boy bits but that doesn't mean they weren't there. Still hanging onto hope this is a girl but realistic it's unlikely. As I don't know much about skull theory either I don't know if skull looks girl or boy. Relieved bub had a strong heart beat and all seems ok but still in limbo about gender. Regretting not finding out but know it would ruin DS2's birthday if I did find out it was a third boy.

Throwaway_panther
August 16th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Kel, I meant to PM you,but I am so sorry for all you're going through too. And I'm infuriated your DH didn't come at all!! I am such a huge voice towards "eff that" on the men who check out on babies. YOU KNEW WHAT COULD HAPPEN, DUDES. Drives me nuts that they think they have any right to not participate in parenting or anything when we sure don't sef impregnate (would sure make things easier!). I wish I could offer advice, but I am so at a loss as to what to do too. :(

I am really hoping this is your girl. Is it possible your baby was just like mine and just too difficult to see one way or the other? That the tech wouldn't even tell your mom makes me think way more that she couldn't confirm it!!

Noemi2017
August 17th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Somebody tried to hear heartbeat at home? Im 9weeks 4days and i heart it today for the first time with AngelSound doppler. It was wonderful:heart:

4blue2pink
August 17th, 2018, 09:43 AM
kelbear im so sorry he is being like that :( my dh is the same, completely uninterested and un-involved in pregnancy/babies, its all "my" thing never "ours" he openly doesnt want the baby etc etc so i get it 100%
does your dh want a girl? or does he not want a baby full-stop though might come round a bit if it were to be a girl? either way i hope he gets over this soon and goes back to being supportive!! FWIW my dh always seems to "come round" to the new baby much much more when they are around 6-12 months old and start being interactive.
i hope the doctor agree's to tell you gender next time, sounds like that tech was being intentionally difficult..
and Happy Birthday to your little boy :D

Cassidy4
August 17th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Somebody tried to hear heartbeat at home? Im 9weeks 4days and i heart it today for the first time with AngelSound doppler. It was wonderful:heart:

I have a Doppler at home :) I started listening at 10 weeks. I love it! Sometimes I have to search a bit because of my anterior placenta, but lately I’ve found it a lot easier since babe is bigger now.

Kelbear
August 17th, 2018, 09:19 PM
kelbear im so sorry he is being like that :( my dh is the same, completely uninterested and un-involved in pregnancy/babies, its all "my" thing never "ours" he openly doesnt want the baby etc etc so i get it 100%
does your dh want a girl? or does he not want a baby full-stop though might come round a bit if it were to be a girl? either way i hope he gets over this soon and goes back to being supportive!! FWIW my dh always seems to "come round" to the new baby much much more when they are around 6-12 months old and start being interactive.
i hope the doctor agree's to tell you gender next time, sounds like that tech was being intentionally difficult..
and Happy Birthday to your little boy :D

Thank you. DH doesn't want this baby at all but I know he always wanted a daughter so I think he would eventually come around better if it was a girl as he already finds our two boys a handful. He definitely is better now DS2 is older and more interactive, he has never done baby well.
I originally wanted to go team green but after lots of sleepless nights thinking and over thinking I know I need to find out for my sanity if this is a girl and so I can prepare myself for DH's response. Just hoping the dr can tell me in 2 weeks. Going to be a long 2 weeks more but I know it would have ruined DS2's birthday otherwise.

Pretty
August 19th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok!! It’s been a while since I’ve had a baby, does anyone have any experience with the Chicco bravo LE travel system or the Britax endeavors travel system? There are so many more options this time around! :hair:

Pretty
August 19th, 2018, 04:21 PM
While I’m soliciting for advice, any thoughts on ergobaby versus lillebaby carriers? TIA!

simkan
August 19th, 2018, 07:49 PM
I'm not familiar with the chicco brand, but I love the britax clicktight range. I don't think we have that particular one in NZ.

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok!! It’s been a while since I’ve had a baby, does anyone have any experience with the Chicco bravo LE travel system or the Britax endeavors travel system? There are so many more options this time around! :hair:

gafan
August 20th, 2018, 11:24 AM
How are you all feeling?
Tmorrow starts my week 8, and it is 9 days until my appointment. Feels like a long wait to hear a heartbeat. I hope to hear one but still feel pretty numb about this pregnancy. Either way I there's a good chance this will be my last pregnancy, for a lot of reasons, and I think I am ok with that.
Could someone post a link to the April May June due date group? I'm kind of between groups and can't seem to find the page. Thanks!

kikurose
August 20th, 2018, 12:19 PM
How are you all feeling?
Tmorrow starts my week 8, and it is 9 days until my appointment. Feels like a long wait to hear a heartbeat. I hope to hear one but still feel pretty numb about this pregnancy. Either way I there's a good chance this will be my last pregnancy, for a lot of reasons, and I think I am ok with that.
Could someone post a link to the April May June due date group? I'm kind of between groups and can't seem to find the page. Thanks!

Due in April/May/June 2019
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=22243&share_tid=65990&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egenderdreaming%2Ecom%2Ffor um%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D65990&share_type=t

Does that work? FX for you gafan!!!

Throwaway_panther
August 20th, 2018, 02:49 PM
While I’m soliciting for advice, any thoughts on ergobaby versus lillebaby carriers? TIA!

I'm a big fan of Tulas, but am huge into babywearing! I don't like the velcro waistatrap on the Ergos from the last few years, but lilebabies aren't bad either. What are you looking for from wraps? I feel like so many carriers are dependant on personal preferences!

Pretty
August 20th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Ohhhh interesting! Well, I wore DS for as long as possible to do just about everything from regular walks to doing dishes, it was such a great weight loss exercise LOL. so I definitely want something easy to use (I’m terrified I’ll tie a wrap wrong and drop LO) and functional enough so I can just strap her on and go. By no means am I athletic, so no real work outs, just walking, errands, housework etc.

kikurose
August 21st, 2018, 09:53 AM

Pretty also look into the Tula Free to Grow or Discover carriers. Many of my friends have converted tot he FTG and say it’s incredible.

ABC.2606
August 21st, 2018, 11:16 AM
How are you all feeling?

Hoping the next 9 days goes fast for you Gafan, and that everything looks great on your scan!!!

Pretty
August 21st, 2018, 11:24 AM
Gafan, good luck!!!

Sounds like I need to check out these Tulas!! Thanks so much ladies!

ABC.2606
August 21st, 2018, 01:44 PM
16 week appointment today - babies looked good!! One was definitely confirmed as a boy, LOL!! The other was not cooperating - legs were mostly closed but tech said from what she could see it looks like a girl and she didn’t see anything “boyish”. Grrrr!!! Of course that is the baby who wouldn’t cooperate!! I just wanted a 100% confirmation that there is definitely a girl in there [emoji846]. Oh well - she seemed *fairly* confident anyways.

Mommy2apples
August 21st, 2018, 01:48 PM
16 week appointment today - babies looked good!! One was definitely confirmed as a boy, LOL!! The other was not cooperating - legs were mostly closed but tech said from what she could see it looks like a girl and she didn’t see anything “boyish”. Grrrr!!! Of course that is the baby who wouldn’t cooperate!! I just wanted a 100% confirmation that there is definitely a girl in there [emoji846]. Oh well - she seemed *fairly* confident anyways.

I feel it is too!! I’m so excited for you you!! Eek can’t wait to see those beautiful babies when it’s time!!
My sister in law just found out she is having twins! I’m so excited for her. We get to find out the 29th of September what gender they are!

ABC.2606
August 21st, 2018, 02:07 PM
Oh wow that’s so exciting!!! Was she doing IVF or Clomid, etc? Does she have other littles already?

It’s still so crazy seeing two in there!!! I still can’t imagine holding two babies at once :)

Girlswaylondon
August 21st, 2018, 02:20 PM
Abc you’ll be having a 20 week anamoly scan too right? :) (sorry I get confused if the UK is the same as everywhere else)

Cassidy4
August 21st, 2018, 02:22 PM
Sorry that was supposed to be a like lol don’t know how to change it from thanks to like. That’s awesome everything is going so well! Do you feel any movement yet?
My 16 week midwife appt is today too!

ABC.2606
August 21st, 2018, 02:27 PM
Abc you’ll be having a 20 week anamoly scan too right? :) (sorry I get confused if the UK is the same as everywhere else)

Yup - in 4 weeks. They better confirm there is a girl in there by then!! :)

Noemi2017
August 21st, 2018, 02:28 PM
Gafan good luck with scan. I have nipt test next week so i pray baby is healthy:pray: i could already know gender of baby but i prefer it is surprise:D

ABC.2606
August 21st, 2018, 02:29 PM
Sorry that was supposed to be a like lol don’t know how to change it from thanks to like. That’s awesome everything is going so well! Do you feel any movement yet?

No :(. Asked doc about that today and he said not to worry- I wish I felt them though!!

Let us know how your appt goes!!!!

Kelbear
August 21st, 2018, 05:15 PM

Good luck Cassidy, hope your appointmtment goes well and you get to hear and see Bub at your scan. Are you finding out gender?

Cassidy4
August 21st, 2018, 08:27 PM
Good luck Cassidy, hope your appointmtment goes well and you get to hear and see Bub at your scan. Are you finding out gender?

My appointment went great! Heartbeat of 155. My scan tomorrow is an early gender scan so we are hoping to find out!! Hopefully fast too so we can have a look at bub too and maybe in 3D. So excited I don’t think I will be able to sleep!

ABC my midwife wasn’t concerned about me not feeling anything yet either, but asked.

ABC.2606
August 22nd, 2018, 12:05 AM
My appointment went great! Heartbeat of 155. My scan tomorrow is an early gender scan so we are hoping to find out!! Hopefully fast too so we can have a look at bub too and maybe in 3D. So excited I don’t think I will be able to sleep!

ABC my midwife wasn’t concerned about me not feeling anything yet either, but asked.

Eeeek can’t wait to hear about your gender scan!! Hoping you hear pink!!!

simkan
August 22nd, 2018, 04:39 AM
I also haven't felt anything yet. 16 weeks now. I forget which is the placenta that you don't feel but I'm pretty sure I was told I have the one that you can more easily so a little worried... with my first I didn't feel anything till like 24 weeks but also had no idea what I was feeling for. But with my second I could feel from 13 weeks. I know 16-21 weeks is normal. So I guess since I literally am 16 weeks today I should calm down :/

Looking forward to your results Cassidy :)

Girlswaylondon
August 22nd, 2018, 08:10 AM
With my second I didn’t feel anything till 18ish weeks

Cassidy4
August 22nd, 2018, 09:30 AM
Thanks ladies!!! I could barely sleep last night, I’m so excited!! It’s at 115 (I’m an hour ahead of the time on here!)

Eighme
August 22nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Can't wait, Cassidy!

ABC.2606
August 22nd, 2018, 10:14 AM
I also haven't felt anything yet. 16 weeks now. I forget which is the placenta that you don't feel but I'm pretty sure I was told I have the one that you can more easily so a little worried... with my first I didn't feel anything till like 24 weeks but also had no idea what I was feeling for. But with my second I could feel from 13 weeks. I know 16-21 weeks is normal. So I guess since I literally am 16 weeks today I should calm down :/

Looking forward to your results Cassidy :)

It’s anterior placentas - I think a lot of us in this DDG have one, which is kind of strange as it’s the “less common” variation. I have anterior placentas with both of these bubs!

Yea I wouldn’t worry! If I’m 16 weeks with 2 babies and still can’t feel anything, I’m sure you are fine!! I told DH last night that it’s crazy I can have two 5 inch/12 cm long babies inside me and other than a rapidly growing belly I can’t tell they are in there LOL!!!

Mommy2apples
August 22nd, 2018, 04:31 PM
Oh wow that’s so exciting!!! Was she doing IVF or Clomid, etc? Does she have other littles already?

It’s still so crazy seeing two in there!!! I still can’t imagine holding two babies at once :)

Abc she was on femara. It was actually her generation to conceive multiples. My husbands two aunts and uncles were triplets. So not sure if the femara played part in it or not. She has a little boy that will be 3 in September.

Cassidy4
August 22nd, 2018, 04:32 PM
It’s a boy

ABC.2606
August 22nd, 2018, 04:50 PM
It’s a boy

Oh man... I’m really surprised- your nub shots looked girly. I’m so sorry you didn’t hear girl :(. I hope you are doing ok.

ABC.2606
August 22nd, 2018, 04:52 PM
Abc she was on femara. It was actually her generation to conceive multiples. My husbands two aunts and uncles were triplets. So not sure if the femara played part in it or not. She has a little boy that will be 3 in September.

Oh wow that’s interesting!! Well that’s very exciting!!!

Eighme
August 22nd, 2018, 05:03 PM
I really thought you had a girl, Cassidy. I'm sorry. I hope you're doing okay and we are all here for you when/if you need to talk about. I wasn't sure if you swayed as well.

simkan
August 22nd, 2018, 05:09 PM
Sorry Cassidy, I really thought you were going to hear girl based on your 12 week scan. Congrats on your little man though, he's going to be perfect x
It’s a boy

Pretty
August 22nd, 2018, 05:12 PM
I’m sorry Cassidy, I totally thought girl too. Your little boy was definitely meant to be part of your family!

Cassidy4
August 22nd, 2018, 05:47 PM
I’m not really doing ok. The lady told us it was a girl, then went to do a second check and told us it was a boy. Then proceeded to continue to show us his parts. It was horrible. I didn’t sway, this was an oops that happened right as I was setting up my sway.

Eighme
August 22nd, 2018, 06:20 PM
I’m not really doing ok. The lady told us it was a girl, then went to do a second check and told us it was a boy. Then proceeded to continue to show us his parts. It was horrible. I didn’t sway, this was an oops that happened right as I was setting up my sway.I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the hurt and frustration of being told girl and then having them come back only to say boy. What an upsetting experience.

I am definitely here if you need to talk or vent! You can PM too if you need to.

Sending you virtual hugs

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2018, 06:36 PM
Oh no Cassidy I'm so sorry. That is awful. :heart:

ABC.2606
August 22nd, 2018, 06:56 PM
Ugh that’s terrible!! I’m sorry she did that to you. :(

Huge hugs. We’re here whenever you need to vent!