PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with mirena removal?

Lilian78
November 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Finally got around to getting mine out :). Interested in anyone else's experience ... Did you get pregnant right away have messed up cycles, etc.?

nuthinbutpink
November 17th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm a BCP girl but just want to wish you luck!

j248k
November 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
With my last, I had my mirena out feb 14. I started bleeding right away and was prego 10 days later. I had one in after my first also. I returned to normal cycles right away but it took 7 months to conceive dd2. So I totally thought it would take longer with #3. Good luck!

zanacal
November 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I had mine out in May and resumed normal cycles straight away (I can't tell you if they would have been regular because I was taking other supplements which are notorious for messing up cycles!). We didn't TTC until September got pregnant the first month.

Lilian78
November 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Seems like everything I've seen on this is that people either got pregnant the first month or it took a long time ... Not quite sure which I prefer lol.

PeonyPrincess
November 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I had mine out almost 1 year ago because DH was going to have a vasectomy...but then we decided we will TTC#3. My cycles went straight back to normal. We did TTC a couple of times about 6 months after it was removed but I think we killed everything with too much lime. I don't think it was due to any after effects of the mirena, as my cycles are very regular. GL with your attempt.