PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic or miscarriage

mummy2boys
August 21st, 2018, 03:25 PM
Hi, I’m absolutely worried sick. I have had two losses in the past 12 months and now am in the middle of another. Last time the doctor was concerned about ectopic due to seeing something on my ovary but my hcg was low and I miscarried naturally at 6 weeks. This time, at my 6 week scan they saw an empty sac and also something on my ovary ( the same place as last time). Hcg is rising very slowly and because of this they want me to choose laparoscopy or methotrexate and treat it as ectopic. I really don’t want either and would rather it went away naturally. Has anyone any experience of this? Hcg has gone up from 2977 to 3800 in 4 days.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4216d8

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2018, 04:36 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry...are they sure you don't just have a cyst on your ovary?? IT's possible to have an ectopic on your ovary but it's fairly uncommon and I'm suspicious that it's in the same place both times.

Ectopic is nothing to mess with, of course. The HCG does indicate things aren't working out, I'm sorry to say, and if there's any chance of ectopic it's better to treat now so you can save your ovary/tube. The methotrexate means you can't TTC for 3 months and so if you must choose a course of action and they think they can fix it laparoscopically you may want to go that route instead. They can fix your tube if it's damaged at the same time, which is a bonus.

Some docs will take a wait and see approach but they know way more than me and if they think treatment is needed, I am afraid it's probably best to proceed with that.

Wishing you the very best for a quick end to this terrible limbo and a speedy recovery. :heart:

mummy2boys
August 22nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
Thank you atomic. I’ve just got home from a very long day at the hospital and they’ve decided it’s most probably not ectopic thank goodness. I have to have either the tablets or a d and c. I’m waiting for a day just Incase my body decides to realise on its own and having hcg test again in the morning. Thank you for your advice and kind words.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4216d8

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2018, 07:03 PM
Oh that's very good news. Wishing you an easy journey. :heart: