PDA

View Full Version : B6 VITAMIN FOR SHORT LP?

picnic
November 19th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Morning Ladies I used a cbfm this month after much confusing as to when i actually ovulate realised i ovulate quite late(day 19) with a short luteal phase.Heard you can take b6 vitamin is it best to take a vitamin B6 complex or with something else to avoid an overdose? Many thanks x

rainbowflower
November 22nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
the b6 contained in the complex is usually too small to have much effect unless you get the "B50 complex" or something like that which contains 50mg of each B vit.

you have to be really careful when taking vit B6 as taking too much can cause permanent nerve damage. From what I've read up to 100mg is safe, but I'd start at a small dose (i.e. 30mg) and then increase it as necessary.

how many days is your LP?

LolaInLove
November 22nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Also, maybe think about a progesterone supplement? I don't know if you are familiar with that. I am also interested to see how many days your LP is.

picnic
November 22nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Thank you ladies I have started on 30mg(3x10mg) and will increase to 50mg(50x
vit b complex) next month.I was taking 10mg for pms but stopped last month because not sure if it interfered with swayin?. Last months LP was 6 days and i had 3 days of spotting before i had AF.(Was very confused as you can tell from my previous posts,also seem to have h a wk of ovulations symptons-could that be because my body was trying to ovulate?) I have heard of the cream you apply on the inside arm etc is that right/it?Would be grateful of any help x

rainbowflower
November 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
is that 6 days before the spotting started?
I think the cream can be difficult to use as you need to apply exactly the same amount each day especially if you get pregnant (you'd need to keep it up)

picnic
November 22nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
Will see how i get on with the b6 .I started AF 9th Oct ,EWCM -22nd Oct(know now have this for 5 days then O) , 26th Oct(18th day)-Ovulate AF-evening 3rd Dec(24th day) Started spotting 1st Dec x

picnic
December 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Just an update ladies the b6 really helped with my lp defeat and stretched it to 12 days.:0)x

rainbowflower
December 17th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Great news! Hoping it works for me this cycle too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk