PDA

View Full Version : Christmas!! Are you getting excited!!!

ELP
November 20th, 2011, 04:58 AM
:bigsmile: I am now! Getting excited over christmas that is:) I can't wait to put the decs up and see a bit of tacky colour about the place. I'm doing ok with the xmas shopping, just the main presents to go, which won't be anything amazing this year lol but still exciting for them. Any one want to join me in being festive yet!!!!!
http://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/christmaswordslive/2011/11/20/8807cd0ced8a42e03dde3784f6e884f9.gif (http://www.christmaswordslive.com)

rainbowflower
November 20th, 2011, 05:22 AM
feeling very excited! last year I'd just given birth and because we were due on the 23rd December we hadn't made any Christmas plans and were too preoccupied with baby stuff to be excited about Christmas! this year we're spending it at home together, just the three of us :)

I'm also counting down the days to putting up our first tree! :D

ELP
November 20th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Your 1st tree, aaaaaaaaahhhhh, thats so sweet!!!! Even just the mention of a xmas tree has butterflies in my tummy lol:bigsmile: I hope we get snow again soon!

Rainbow!! I've just thought! You've never experienced a school xmas nativity yet have you!!!, talk about cry fest:rofl: especially if you happen to be pregs at the time lol, you just cannot look at any of the other mums or you all start off:rofl:

sweetsister
November 20th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I Love Christmas! here where i live they dont go all out and there arent any decorations here until like the night before!!!
SOO i try to go all out for my children and get a real tree every year and do up lights and a theme or color theme every year,,,but i think we might be moving house this year around then ,,not sure yet so if we do im so excited to decorate!!
We should do a xmas tree picture thread would love to see all your xmas season decorations as here its not the best!

love being a mummy
November 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM
We already have our tree up. I love xmas it's my favourite time of year.

rainbowflower
November 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
aww ELP I hadn't thought that we have that to look forwards to :) he isn't even 1 year old yet, so we haven't seen a nativity. That'll be so cute!

we should definitely do a Christmas tree/decorations photo thread in a few weeks!

Flava
November 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
HELL NO!!! Im so sick of 3 months Christmas! You can see decorations and all in the stores before Halloween here!It's just killing the spirit for us... So by the time is really Christmas we are so tired of it and just wan it to be over.Look like every year is coming earlier and earlier.
I like to start all this in December only. We decorate the house get a tree ect. And I just hate Christmas shopping ! Never know what to get we don't have much money for it anyway . Usually only the kids get presents and I get something for DH.
And you already shopping? I can't even think of it! yuck!
You are good ! LOL

zanacal
November 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'd be even more excited if I could get all the presents I want for the kids - the Tesco website is seriously peeing me off tonight, I think half the country must be on it!!

I am excited but also have a lot to organise (we're hosting this year!) and I'm determined to get a real tree this year despite DH's protestations :D

Hobbermittens
November 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I am getting excited too! We will get our tree after Thanksgiving, and I can't wait to start decorating!! Yay!! I also love the Christmas specials on TV, like Rudolph.

I am mostly done with shopping, aside from a couple things. :)

Cinss
November 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I think im going to O on the 25th of Dec, so im super excited about that. Spending Xmas day with the family is always fun. I am looking forward to getting DD's 1st picture on Santas lap :)

nuthinbutpink
November 20th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I am but I am stressed about all the buying. I do not like to mass purchase anything. I am okay with little purchases but the big stuff makes me very stressed.

I love the Christmas spirit though and I do look forward to being with family.

Hobbermittens
November 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
HELL NO!!! Im so sick of 3 months Christmas! You can see decorations and all in the stores before Halloween here!It's just killing the spirit for us... So by the time is really Christmas we are so tired of it and just wan it to be over.Look like every year is coming earlier and earlier.

I do understand this perspective, too! I was kind of annoyed that the Christmas stuff came out before Halloween this year... one holiday at a time, right? I was not excited until this week, pretty much, but now that I am excited... I can't wait! Thanksgiving is pretty much the gateway for Christmas in my mind. I love Thanksgiving too... I am excited for that coming up on Thursday!

love being a mummy
November 20th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I started buying things a few months ago. Not much just a couple of things.
The stores can be annoying I remember one year they had xmas stuff at the end of September.
This year though most stores started decorations around the beginning of Nov.

TTC5
November 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
You know what.. as much as I love seeing my girls excited on Xmas morning, that is about it for me. Can't wait for it to be over with this year..

CapricornAquarius
November 20th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Love, love, love Christmas, putting the tree up tonight.

Flava
November 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM
I do understand this perspective, too! I was kind of annoyed that the Christmas stuff came out before Halloween this year... one holiday at a time, right? I was not excited until this week, pretty much, but now that I am excited... I can't wait! Thanksgiving is pretty much the gateway for Christmas in my mind. I love Thanksgiving too... I am excited for that coming up on Thursday!

Yeah this is why im so tired of it...I like Christmas in December only. Also hate the must buy presents and have no idea what to get...and on every Christmas is just us. Me DH and the kids....so we just do it for them really. We always get a real tree , decorate nice ect. I love that for sure!

auroara78
November 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Like Christmas tree, decorations, spirit, people can be nicer, something to look forward to, this will be DS2's first Christmas (he'll 8 months old around Christmas)....I also O on/around Christmas Day, so if we don't get lucky this month in Nov, we'll do a christmas day attempt, haha!
Don't like: the mass spree of buying, dealing with hubby's family, dealing with my own extended family sometimes

ELP
November 28th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Just bumping this back up lol, as the last week has been so hectic here so couldn't reply, but I'm getting even more excited!!:rofl: We can put our tree up on Thursday, hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just thought, I have to get the kids advent calenders, note to self, dont forget the calenders lol!!!!!

Hobbermittens
November 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
We put our tree up this weekend and decorated the rest of the house. It looks so nice in here, especially at night when the lights are on! I wish I could wrap the presents and put them under the tree early, but my 20 month old will open them all... :sigh:

We have gingerbread houses to decorate as well... the kids always love that!