PDA

View Full Version : DW or DH

Cinss
November 20th, 2011, 05:33 PM
When it comes to swaying, In your opinion do you think the DW or the DH has more influence over a baby's gender?

I have a girlfriend who has 3 DD's from 3 different fathers, which makes me think she had more of an ifluence.

Then i have a BIL who has 3 DS's from 3 different mothers which makes me think he had more of an influence.

Can we even see a pattern or is it too hard to determine which parent influences a sway more?

love being a mummy
November 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I think it's probably usually 50/50

I have a girlfriend who has 3 DD's from 3 different fathers, which makes me think she had more of an ifluence.
Do any of those fathers have any sons at all?

Then i have a BIL who has 3 DS's from 3 different mothers which makes me think he had more of an influence.
Do any of those women have any daughters from other fathers?

I can see your point though.
A guy I know had 2 :DD: with his first wife, Then he married my friend and had 2 :DD: with her. My friend already had a son from a previous relationship
So in this case it seems he is only able to have :DD:. 4 kids 2 different women all :DD:

Cinss
November 21st, 2011, 12:25 AM
With my girlfriend, the first father only has the 1 child, the second father had 3 sons previously (twins +1), and the 3rd father has 2 older daughters.

And my BIL ex girlfrind #1 has B,G,B, Girl #2 had BB, and the 3rd is the 1st child.

Hobbermittens
November 21st, 2011, 12:51 AM
I have wondered this same thing. I know families similar to the ones you described. I guess there is no real way to know.

TTC5
November 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM
No idea!! I think it really is a 50/50 chance.

Cinss
November 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Now im thinking the DH contributes a 50/50 shot at each gender, and the DW sways one way or another, it's really the only conclusion i can come up with that makes sence, and gives all of us swayers hope.

Glittergirl
November 22nd, 2011, 12:58 AM
I wondered that too cause my neighbor has 2 boys with his first wife and 3 with his second--no girls. And my friend had a girl from her first marriage and a boy from her second but her daughter's dad (her ex) went on to have 4 girls with his current wife so in this case my friend was able to have a boy from her new husband but her ex dh went on to have only girls.

atomic sagebrush
November 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
When it comes to swaying, In your opinion do you think the DW or the DH has more influence over a baby's gender?

Can we even see a pattern or is it too hard to determine which parent influences a sway more?

We KNOW for a fact that women who work in certain careers, who are more socially dominant, and follow certain diets have more of a particular gender than others. This is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

At the same time, we also KNOW that men with low sperm count caused by biking, deep sea diving, jet pilots, and pesticide/chemicals exposure in their jobs have more daughters.

I think the only logical conclusion is that both parties have some control over the gender ratio and it's very probable that when a man set for boys meets a woman set for boys and they live happily ever after doing all the boy-friendly things they've always done, the result is A LOTTA boys. And of course vice versa.

I do want to suggest an idea here...I believe that some people tend to be attracted to similar people both interms of personality and lifestyle, in addition to physical characteristics. So when you look at someone like your BIL and think "well he must only make girls" that may not be the case at all. He may simply be more attracted to women who are more set for girls...perhaps he picks up on something physical, perhaps something mental, or both. OR, it could be that people who live similar lifestyles (smoking and vegetarianism come to mind) tend to be more attracted to each other than those who live very different lifestyles. Two smoking vegetarians are prob. gonna make more girls than a non-smoking vegetarian and a smoking carnivore and they're also way more likely to end up together in the first place.

So no one should EVER lose hope about gender because most of what sways is totally alterable by the choices we make and the things we do!!