PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Potter - Question about 24 GSN - all abnormals.

Sonia2003
November 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
Hello Dr.Potter,

I just came out of cycle #1 with a no transfer. We did 24 GSN on 8 embryos, and 8/8 were abnormal. I do believe 1 was normal but it had stopped growing by day 5.

I am in a 2 cycle plan, so my question is, for my 2nd cycle, what can I do to increase my normal embryos for cycle #2? Would it be a change in protocol or? A change on my end?

I am 29. My AFC was 14 for this cycle. My FSH on day 2 was 6.7
My husband is 33, and we both have no known issues with anything.

I am scared to come back home again with a no transfer.

1) What would you recommend? Change in protocol? Diet change? Anything else I can do?
2) In your experience, have you seen a person have all abnormals in 1 cycle, and then have normals embryos the 2nd cycle?
3) What can I do to increase the changes of having more normal embryos to avoid a no transfer?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Dr. Potter
January 25th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Hello Dr.Potter,

I just came out of cycle #1 with a no transfer. We did 24 GSN on 8 embryos, and 8/8 were abnormal. I do believe 1 was normal but it had stopped growing by day 5.

I am in a 2 cycle plan, so my question is, for my 2nd cycle, what can I do to increase my normal embryos for cycle #2? Would it be a change in protocol or? A change on my end?

I am 29. My AFC was 14 for this cycle. My FSH on day 2 was 6.7
My husband is 33, and we both have no known issues with anything.

I am scared to come back home again with a no transfer.

1) What would you recommend? Change in protocol? Diet change? Anything else I can do?
2) In your experience, have you seen a person have all abnormals in 1 cycle, and then have normals embryos the 2nd cycle?
3) What can I do to increase the changes of having more normal embryos to avoid a no transfer?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.8 embryos does not seem like a lot for someone your age and with your FSH. I would recommend that you look into a different protocol or possibly push the stimulation another day or so in your second cycle. WIth GSN you should know whether the problem was with the eggs or the sperm which is helpful. Best of luck with cycle number 2!