PDA

View Full Version : shouldihope? girl sway (finally posting)

shouldihope?
November 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Gender Resulted - boy
Swaying Attempt - Natural, EGS (TBM, SU, GDC, MSU), High Tech (IUI, IUI/MS), details? -Natural

PH
CM Ph 4-5
DH Ph unknown. He was taking Cranberry and drinking lots of Nutrasweet.
Big O- Not for months. Hoping it would keep my testosterone low.

MINERALS
Calcium 1000- wish I would have know to leave these out. :(
Magnesium 400- wish I would have left this out.
Potassium as low as possible
Sodium as low as possible

DH minerals -Calcium, Magnesium

DIET

Dietary Changes Mix of InGender and LE. Skipped breakfast for about 5 months. Only had coffee with Nutrasweet in the mornings.

Diet consisted mainly of pasta, pop-tarts, veggies, and fruit. About once a week I had chicken. DH cut out red meat for months. He cut back on caffeine and protein but could not stick to a strict diet.

Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? -For about 7 days and then gave up because DH and I had been fighting about swaying for the past 2 attempts. He said he was done and did not want to try anymore. I did not think I was pregnant so just gave up.

Was attempt number 3

Caffeine- Coffee in the morning.

DH caffeine-some, greatly reduced

HORMONES-
Saw P. max dose. Vitex max dose.

DH- Licorice Root

Drinks- Coffee, crystal light, caffeine free diet colas, cranberry juice sometimes.

SUPPLEMENTS

Cranberry 2,000 per day
Acidophilus no
Benadryl and Zyrtec.
Others Folic acid 400

DH supps Cranberry 2,000

TIMING
BD cutoff (# of days) 1 day I think. Last attempt was when I got a + opk. I think I O'd the next day.
BD thru O NO
O+12 NO
Frequent BD or abstain- frequent release. DH released on his own from beginning of AF. Attempted CD 8 and 9.
Charting O with temp- NO
Charting O with OPK yes for 5 months.
Fertility monitor used/type NO
Suspected O date Aug. 21

IONS
Oed in what moon phase Not sure?
Changed ions in other ways? ION bracelets, fan on, less computer use, lavender everything (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap)

OTHER

How many kids do you have? 3
What gender(s)? Boys
# of months TTC 3
Your Age 36 at time of ovulation
BD position missionary
Jump and dump after a few minutes
EWCM present/how much? some not much
DH undies type tight
DH hot bath/shower He was having a hard time finishing other months so we cut this out.
We used Sylk with BD. Rephresh every 3 days after AF, but as I got closer to O I started using a fingertip everyday since I think that is why I was not getting pregnant other months??? Ph was low as it could register on the ph strips around ovulation.

OWT - anything under bed?

2 girl outfits and a pink paci.

COMMENTS?

I lost 39 pounds. I also started working out for 45 minutes to an hour 5 days a week. I never exercised like that with any of my boys. Never thought I could do it but am actually missing it. It was a stress reliever for me. I did not post this until now because at first I did not want to jinx it, but as time went on I was also struggling with GD. I will have a gender scan the week after Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure I will hear boy and was thinking I do not want to have to type all of this in while I am dealing with that. Hope I did not miss anything I copy and pasted from someone else.

DoulaMama
November 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
I think that sounds like an AWESOME SWAY!!! Oh and seriously try not to fret over the Cal/Mag. With all the other work you did and changes you made, you have just as much chance at a girl than someone that omitted it(I ate pretty much regularly- I did have way more yoghurt and slightly smaller portion sizes and I'm pretty sure this one is a girl).
I'm excited to hear about your scan! We'll be stalking you!!! :bigsmile: You should come on over to the November Chit Chat in the pregnancy threads! It'd be nice to chat with you! xo :HH: Good Luck Mama!!!

queen-of-harts
November 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Your sway sounds awesome! Good luck and i hope this is your girl.Doula im soo excited that you will find out today FX!

Indira
November 23rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
I think your sway looks really good!
You changed the odds for sure, I hope you will hear pink next week, good luck!

zanacal
November 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Oooh, that sounds amazing! Congratulations and I really hope you hear girl next week. I think you stand a great chance :D

shouldihope?
November 23rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks everyone! I probably should go to a chat thread. It would probably be beneficial to have the support of other ladies going through the same thing. Between homeschooling, work, and other things I rarely get on the computer. I mostly only use my phone so it is difficult to keep up with everything on there.

Anyway the reason that I am struggling with GD is because this pregnancy is no different from any of my others. Also my 10 week scan I was obsessing about the skull shape and everywhere I looked led me to believe BOY!!!! Even though I would love for this pregnancy to be a surprise I don't think I can wait.

Mum2boys
November 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi shouldihope just letting you know I have my fingers crossed for you! Hope you hear girl next week :) best wishes

lemon2012
November 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Should I hope!!
YES!
There is always a chance...otherwise why do we even try to sway.
you lost 39 lbs...really, good for you!
I hope you hear pink next week.....I am cheering for you!
And, I have been taking calcium for a year.......!!!!!!!!!
Is that bad???

shouldihope?
November 23rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks!!!
Lemon the LE diet is low nutrient. Initially I was on a different site where they talked taking cal/mag that is why I did not realize until we were already ttc.

lemon2012
November 23rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
Hey should i!
I think it is ig site?
I have been reading that site forever and trying to follow a diet where I have no idea what I can eat. I think I am doing a miz of ig and le diet....but not entirely sure. Someone else posted that for me.
I actually stopped calc mag this week...I am way too stressed about this sway business.
Still trying to figure out when I od, if I od and if I did not if I should bd again!!!!
I sound as stressed as I am!
Maybe you can help bc your sway is freqent bd to 1 day before o....I am 1 day away...againk, I think, it could be two days and I could have od already...sad but I ran out of opks and I had a surge earlier in the week but now I am getting more opks lh surge...I have 3 opks left...so I will check again tonight. I never got a peak on my CBFM,
Anyway, if I o tomorrow....2/.5 cutoff...do I dtd again? today...for a possible 1 day cut off? You did that! Did you try that sway on purpose? Were you frequent bding? releasing?
It is impossible not to obsess!

shouldihope?
November 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Frequent release and bd as my opk faded in. once I got a + we did one more night. Based on previous months I am guessing I O'd within a day. I was trying to count more on the diet than cutoff because I had not got pregnant other months and the diet was becoming difficult for me.not to mention my DH was completely fed up with swaying except for the frequent bd of course. Good luck and relax. It will happen. :)

lemon2012
November 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Should I hope!
How are you feeling? Any Prego signs yet?
How many bds did you do?

shouldihope?
November 26th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Still occassionally nauseous and tired. Getting bigger and starting to feel baby move a little. We BD 2 times the rest were pull-out or him taking care of business. Hope that helps. When is your attempt?

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM
(((hugs))) and congrats!!

littlemissnaughty7
December 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
so im confused is calcium and magnesium bad for swaying girl ?

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2011, 12:20 PM
so im confused is calcium and magnesium bad for swaying girl ?

I do not believe in the cal-mag mineral stuff and you can read why here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html (for some reason the link to the second essay is not working but you can read the first and third and kinda get the jist of it.)

Some people are choosing to include cal and mag and others aren't - you'll have to decide if it makes sense to you on the basis of what you ate before. I can help people sway either way (I was mod on IG for a while and am quite familiar with the diet and used the cal-mag with my failed sway with DS 4) but if I was going to sway again, I would personally not take them.