PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue can't view this website from my laptop anymore

lindi
November 23rd, 2011, 11:07 PM
I tried to log on from my laptop, and had a very strange adobe flash program "automatically" install - I stopped it, but now whenever I try to load only this website I get bumped off it to google. Any ideas what's gone on? I have a Mac.

Jamie86
November 23rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Same thing happening from my Mac as well

threeatlast
November 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
I keep getting hit with intruder viruses High risk the last 2 days only when I log into GD . Whats going on ?

MatildaMai
November 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Me too. I had a problem accessing site from my Mac a few days ago. It started working again after I emptied my cache as nbp suggested. But I'm getting the same flash upload that reverts to google as well. Can only access from iPhone or iPad for now.

lindi
November 24th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hopefully Nbp has some ideas about what happened? Maybe this site got hacked somehow?

nuthinbutpink
November 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Not sure but I have someone looking at it tonight to try and eliminate whatever is going on. I'll update once it is resolved.

michaela
November 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I had the flash thing pop up as well on my Mac. I can access the site however I can't hit the back button and have it go anywhere. I had clicked cancel in the flash thing but it hasn't shown up for me since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
November 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Definitely seems limited to Macs and I do not use one so I haven't seen it. I'm working on it with support.

nuthinbutpink
November 26th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Still working on it but wanted to let any Mac users know that this is a known issue with Mac and Adobe and you can take steps to stop it-

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player directly from Adobe’s official website AND

Disable the "Open 'safe' files after downloading" option in Apple's Safari browser to avoid automatically running files downloaded from the Internet. This is set to Open by default with Safari and you should disable it so that does not happen to you.

michaela
November 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to fix it on Firefox? I don't use Safari.

nuthinbutpink
November 26th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Is there a way to fix it on Firefox? I don't use Safari.

Have you updated your version of Adobe Flash?

jacqueline
November 26th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I just tried to access the site with Google Chrome, which I normally use, and I got a malware alert. I am now in Firefox and it let me proceed to the site, but I am still wondering if there is something going on.

NBP - here is what the Google Chrome browser says:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
genderdreaming.com contains content from vsereshaemo.orge.pl, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified vsereshaemo.orge.pl that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on vsereshaemo.orge.pl, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

nuthinbutpink
November 27th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Yep. I was hacked. We have cleaned the site but google still has not removed me as a suspicious site. We are in the queue to be rescanned and verified by them. This is such a pain but I am on top of it and hopefully all will be resolved today.

nuthinbutpink
November 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks to a new hourly monitoring service, the site has been cleared of anything malicious and google has removed the site warning.

There is still an update that will happen tonight(EST) that will only take a moment but everything should be okay at this point.

I am not sure if you will still see warnings from other browsers like firefox or safari because google is the first to update and they send info out to everyone else.

The site is now being monitored every hour for anything else that may happen in the future so that should keep anything like this from happening.

I'm so sorry for the interruption that some of you experienced. All of this happening over Thanksgiving week/weekend was just awful and my husband is about done with me from stressing over this!

NBP