PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESSFUL ttc a boy sway attempt!

Tali.kah
September 11th, 2018, 07:26 PM
TTC a BOY Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
BOY!!!!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
DD- 9 months old
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
MINERALS
Calcium Intake(Please describe)
In multivitamin Materna
Magnesium Intake(Please describe)
In multivitamin Materna
Potassium Intake(Please describe)
In Multivitamin Materna
Sodium Intake(Please describe)
Regular amounts in diet- don't typically over season with salt when cooking.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Gree Tea
Fish Oil
Folic Acid
Vitamin B12

DH Supplements Fish Oil
Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D

Any additional supplement info?
Daily I took:
Prenatal Multivitamin
1200 vitamin D total
500 omega 3 fish oil
1000 additional folic acid
Probiotic

Every other day I added in:
Iron supplement with a little bit more folic
Vitamin b12 pill

Daily DH took:
Mens multivitamin
500 Omega 3 fish oil
Probiotic
1000 vitamin D total
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? HE(High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I started my sway plan aug 1st. I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat eggs so I worked hard to make sure I had enough protein at every meal. I stopped drinking plant milks and brought real dairy back in, I drank green tea, lemon water, limited coffee and added black tea to my diet.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
Started the diet august 1st 2018.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH was eating high protein, high fat and low carb for his own personal goals- he didn't know I was swaying.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I cutback
Any Diet Details?
-
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
178lbs august 1st and now (sept 11th) I'm 182 lbs.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I walked A LOT, incline up hill walks and casual strolls! Lots of outdoor fresh air, I did a handful of home exercises- I feel I could have done more in terms of weight training and this makes me nervous!
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Not known
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
-
DH pH
-
THE DEED INFO
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
-
BD Pattern BD every few days

BD Dates according to Ovulation 4 Days Before O

BD Position
Multiple
Any additional comments?
I wasn't planning on making an attempt this month !!!!!!! Really kicking myself- the BD is pointing to this most likely being a girl. I'm really really upset with myself !
Any relevant attempt details?
We were BD unprotected every few days here and there - and then

Bd aug 25 (cd 14)
Bd aug 27 (cd 16)

Positive OPK aug 29 so we held off on BD because I DIDNT want to get preg this cycle. I thought there would be no way swimmers from the attempts prior to O would still be around!
Did you do anything with Ions?
No and I wasn't planning to.
Moon Phase during conception?
-
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
-
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
My supplement intake was excellent, I followed HE diet as best as I could and increased my protein intake. I also walked a lot- more activity than all previous months.
Also- something must have made me crazy fertile and swimmer friendly for this month to end in a BFP.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
The BD!!!!! I'm 95% certain this is going to be a fail and will be a girl. We were planning to start TTC this month so our first attempt would have been at the end of September- this was not expected at all!
Things worth mentioning:
-

Tali.kah
September 11th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Everyone please send me all the blue dust you can- what's done is done and I'm feeling so sick about this !!!!!! I was mentally and physically prepared for doing an amazing sway at the end of this month! I can't believe this cycle ended in a bfp. Ugh.

MiaMelb
September 11th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Oh wow Tali what a shock! Thank goodness you have the diet and supps under control. I think you did a really good job on that front.

You definitely can get a boy with 1 attempt but I understand the nerves. It's always been one of my fears in swaying blue that DH might get stage fright at show time and might not end up with the number of attempts I'd like so I feel you.

I'll be following with interest. :bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:

Throwaway_panther
September 11th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Good luck! For what it's worth, I've seen so many successful boy sways on here from the "got pregnant too soon" months ;)

Tali.kah
September 11th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Good luck! For what it's worth, I've seen so many successful boy sways on here from the "got pregnant too soon" months ;)

Thank you Throwaway- I hope I'm one of them :bluesperm:

Tali.kah
September 11th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Oh wow Tali what a shock! Thank goodness you have the diet and supps under control. I think you did a really good job on that front.

You definitely can get a boy with 1 attempt but I understand the nerves. It's always been one of my fears in swaying blue that DH might get stage fright at show time and might not end up with the number of attempts I'd like so I feel you.

I'll be following with interest. :bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:

Thank you Mia!!!! Ugh I'm so torn on how to feel- kind of happy/excited but also bummed out I was working so hRd and gearing up for an excellent sway at the end of the month! (End of sept) !!

Noemi2017
September 12th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Tali good luck and send all my blue dust:luck:

BoyDream
September 12th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Good luck Tali! Wish you get your boy. That looks like an amazing sway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksmom
September 12th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Congrats and good luck! Take my blue dust please!

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2018, 01:00 PM
I am sending you an army of Smurfs each of them with bags full of special atomic blue dust (that's the good stuff!) :) :bluecheer: :bluecheer: :bluecheer:

Tali.kah
September 19th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I am sending you an army of Smurfs each of them with bags full of special atomic blue dust (that's the good stuff!) :) :bluecheer: :bluecheer: :bluecheer:

Atomic, you're the best!!!!!!! Even though the BD was botched for this "attempt" "not attempt" I hope I've made you proud with all the advice I've taken and used!

Kelbear
September 19th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Good luck, hoping you hear blue :fingers::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Atomic, you're the best!!!!!!! Even though the BD was botched for this "attempt" "not attempt" I hope I've made you proud with all the advice I've taken and used!

You absolutely did Tali and no matter what, I think you had a fab sway and have just as good a chance at blue as anyone.

Tali.kah
September 29th, 2018, 08:29 PM
You absolutely did Tali and no matter what, I think you had a fab sway and have just as good a chance at blue as anyone.

Atomic! I'm feeling pretty down, I can't shake this feeling that this is going to be a DD and a failed blue sway (even though I didn't fully sway with my BD).

I just want to kick myself! This week was the week that should have been O for me and the week I was hoping to get a bfp from by BDing for blue!

I'm debating doing an early gender test or not- I have my first dr appt on Monday so I'll discuss with them, my dating scan is booked for the following week- but I know this wouldn't show any gender indicators yet.

Ugh.

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Just try to keep in mind that no matter what, you can't lose. Either you get another amazing DD to love (and there are SOOO many of us who would LOVE to have two DD, we would all be green with envy!) or you get a boy and that's like the icing on top of an already super awesome cake!

My way of thinking is that it's always better to wait till it's a for sure thing instead of getting possibly unclear/misleading pics and then obsessing over them. But that's just my opinion - do whatever you think will give you the most peace of mind moving forward.

Happymommy1987
September 30th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Many people I know (myself included) have tried for a girl and BD one time 4 days before O... ended up with boys .
Just thought Id pop in and add this piece of info [emoji2]
Good luck!!!!
Blue dust to you!

Tali.kah
September 30th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Many people I know (myself included) have tried for a girl and BD one time 4 days before O... ended up with boys .
Just thought Id pop in and add this piece of info [emoji2]
Good luck!!!!
Blue dust to you!

Thank you for that !!!!!! Trying to be positive!!! I guess we all have a 50/50 chance anyways!

Tali.kah
September 30th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Just try to keep in mind that no matter what, you can't lose. Either you get another amazing DD to love (and there are SOOO many of us who would LOVE to have two DD, we would all be green with envy!) or you get a boy and that's like the icing on top of an already super awesome cake!

My way of thinking is that it's always better to wait till it's a for sure thing instead of getting possibly unclear/misleading pics and then obsessing over them. But that's just my opinion - do whatever you think will give you the most peace of mind moving forward.

Totally trying to be positive! I'm even thinking of DD names - I've folded and organized my DDs smaller clothes and have them neatly boxed so they're easy to get to!

Honestly this will be a shock if it's a DS! I don't think I'll know what to do with myself ! Lol

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2018, 02:22 PM
There's actually a phenomenon I've witnessed several times where blue swayers talk themselves into being so convinced their baby is another girl, that they then have some gender disappointment when they learn their sway worked! And I def. had some sadness hearing it's a girl, not that I wasn't super happy of course but I realized "omgosh I'll never have another baby boy!"

Tali.kah
October 9th, 2018, 05:11 PM

Ok so I had my dating scan! Per LMP I should be 8 weeks 2 days but I was measuring 7 weeks and 3 or 4 days (I forgot)

Now I didn't pay Dr Ramzi but from googling the Ramzi theory- my scan leans towards girl... my DD was also positioned on this same side. The scans abdominal :(

The babes heart rate was 163 and I think my DD was 160 at the dating scan...

Ugh... signs are pointing to pink but I know nothing is conclusive.

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2018, 03:12 PM
If Dr. Ramzi was legit he would have published his "study" and would have made a mint with it. He didn't do that, and that indicates that he doesn't want other scientists to be able to try to repeat his results. Very, very shady! Now that I know that (which for some reason I'd never even double checked that until this year, I suppose because so many people told me it was a study! and I could never understand why no ultrasound places were using it! now I do!) and also having seen people pay him to guess and he guessed wrong, I do not believe in Ramzi. You also cannot tell on an abdominal scan anyway, has to be transvaginal.

heart rate does not predict gender. This has been widely studied and the only thing that determines heart rate is the age of the baby's gestation. All babies have that kind of heart rate at that gestation. Totally normal. My daughter had the lowest heart rate of all 5 of my babies and with several of my boys I was told "oh that means it's a girl!" NO

Tali.kah
October 10th, 2018, 03:33 PM
If Dr. Ramzi was legit he would have published his "study" and would have made a mint with it. He didn't do that, and that indicates that he doesn't want other scientists to be able to try to repeat his results. Very, very shady! Now that I know that (which for some reason I'd never even double checked that until this year, I suppose because so many people told me it was a study! and I could never understand why no ultrasound places were using it! now I do!) and also having seen people pay him to guess and he guessed wrong, I do not believe in Ramzi. You also cannot tell on an abdominal scan anyway, has to be transvaginal.

heart rate does not predict gender. This has been widely studied and the only thing that determines heart rate is the age of the baby's gestation. All babies have that kind of heart rate at that gestation. Totally normal. My daughter had the lowest heart rate of all 5 of my babies and with several of my boys I was told "oh that means it's a girl!" NO

Thank you thank you for putting me at ease with your wisdom and truth!!!! See, I know all those things BUT I can't help myself over analyzing with these theories and old wives tales!!!!

I'm still debating doing a nipt or not... also debating the sneak peek test- I've read all the reviews and I'm confident I could avoid false results by being very sterile with my technique - ughhhhhh wish I knew!!!!

Throwaway_panther
October 11th, 2018, 06:21 AM
Just echoing atomic -- Ramzi is totally debunked and is specifically even about placenta, not baby's position fyi. So half the time I see people on forums not even accurately identifying an already inaccurate thing :P So 1. Ramzi is debunked 2. Most people aren't even using said debunked method right!

And the heart rate stuff has been SUCH an annoyance for me lately because even the very HIGH ones (like 180s, 170s) have all turned out to be boys. Like, all the sway opposites in my EDD group, the boys all had high heart rates in those ranges. And my DD was pretty much never over 140 (once she was 144 at like 12ish weeks?). My chiropractor kept going on and on about heartrate for gender and I still lack any respect for her because of it lol

Tali.kah
October 11th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Just echoing atomic -- Ramzi is totally debunked and is specifically even about placenta, not baby's position fyi. So half the time I see people on forums not even accurately identifying an already inaccurate thing :P So 1. Ramzi is debunked 2. Most people aren't even using said debunked method right!

And the heart rate stuff has been SUCH an annoyance for me lately because even the very HIGH ones (like 180s, 170s) have all turned out to be boys. Like, all the sway opposites in my EDD group, the boys all had high heart rates in those ranges. And my DD was pretty much never over 140 (once she was 144 at like 12ish weeks?). My chiropractor kept going on and on about heartrate for gender and I still lack any respect for her because of it lol

Thank you throwaway!!!! I see your signature says expecting in the new year!!!!! Are you staying team green?

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Do NOT do the Sneak Peek. It's a huge pain in the butt doing it (many people bought it and couldn't get enough blood to have them even do the test properly!) and has ended up yielding a lot of opposites. The NIPT is much more reliable (even more than ultrasound!) and I do recommend that for people who want to go that route.

Throwaway_panther
October 12th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Thank you throwaway!!!! I see your signature says expecting in the new year!!!!! Are you staying team green?

Yup! Into my 29th week so made it this far!

Tali.kah
May 29th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Just updating that I should know in a week or less of my blue sway was successful!!!! We decided to stay strong as team green !

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Oh gosh Tali!! Good luck!!!

Tali.kah
May 29th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Oh gosh Tali!! Good luck!!!

Thank you atomic !!!!!!!!!! I'm so
Anxious to know !!!!
Regardless- I've just spent this pregnancy being very relaxed- it was really easy staying team green with our busy toddler DD :) !

I've got a boy name and girl name picked out- and if my sway fails I'm already feeling positive that atleast my DD will then have another DD close in age to her- and we can try again **fingers crossed**!!!!!!!!!!

Tali.kah
June 3rd, 2019, 04:59 AM
We welcomed a successful healthy blue sway BOY into our family - thank you atomic and everyone else on here for all of these great tips and insight!!!!! I am going to be back to the swaying forums if we ever attempt to ttc #3 :) !!!!!

LMSM
June 3rd, 2019, 05:06 AM
Wow, huge congrats Tali!!!!!!
Welcome to your baby boy,hope all went well :)

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2019, 03:30 PM
We welcomed a successful healthy blue sway BOY into our family - thank you atomic and everyone else on here for all of these great tips and insight!!!!! I am going to be back to the swaying forums if we ever attempt to ttc #3 :) !!!!!

OH Tali I am SO VERY happy for you!! Huge congrats! We'd love to hear about that moment you heard "it's a boy" when you have time!

Tali.kah
January 14th, 2020, 11:50 AM
Guess who's finally had time to log in after a busy busy busy remainder of 2019 :nails: !!!!! Wow! 2 under 2 is hard work ! We're finally getting into the groove of things with a smoother day schedule! Baby boy is a dream and big sister has amazed us with how grown up and caring she is!

Atomic I can't thank you enough for being there to answer all of my questions and helping me perfect my swag!!!

Now- about the moment they said "it's a boy!" My hubby was like "it's a ...boy?" Almost in confusion hahaha and I was like "really?" - there truly wasn't as much excitement as we thought there would be! There were a few moments when we were learning how to clean/change him properly that we were like "we have a boy?!" In disbelief, my hubby said he thought we were having a little girl for sure!
Now that some time has passed- I can't imagine our family without our DD or DS! They compliment eachother so perfectly and we really don't even focus on the gender excitement that much! Odd right? The swaying and the staying team green- you'd think we would have been ecstatic jumping up and down but no- it was like it was another day !

I hope you've all been well on here! Happy new year to everyone !!!!!

Sooooooo now that the newborn phase craziness has passed- I'd like to say that I do think I want another pregnancy- I'm going to put it out to the universe that it will be TWIN boys :highfive: - hahaha - cheers to swaying again maybe in November or December of this year?????

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Aww thank you for updating us!!!

That is what a whole lot of us found - once we had our desired gender we realized it didn't matter as much as we thought.

My 4th boy and my DD are like that too - peas in a pod. Honestly our 3rd boy is the left out one! Brothers and sisters really can have very close bonds!!

Thank you so much and happy New Year to you all too!!!

Let me know when you're ready!! :)