PDA

View Full Version : Does Low Carb Sway One Way or Another?

skrimpy
January 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I'm wondering if a low-carb diet tends to sway one way or another. Lower blood sugar sways pink so it seems that a low-carb diet may sway that way too?

This will probably be a major factor with our next sway - mostly for DH. He has been getting progressively lower carb (mostly by cutting out grains) to lose weight and will probably still be low carb when we sway again. I don't have an issue with carbs/weight gain so I will eat what I need for the sway. But just trying to figure out what I may need to modify for him when we get to that point (aka, should I try and hurry his weight loss so he can add carbs back in before we sway)

Any studies looking at this?

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Low carb diets formen sway girl. They lower his testosterone level. I'll put the data in later. On my phone now. Basically, low carb Can suppress cortisol levels, increase abdominal fat and reduce testosterone levels. Anything a man does that strays from a robust diet including plenty of protein and adequate saturated fat will sway pink. TW in action.

skrimpy
January 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
He is getting tons of protein and fat - wonder if we can get his testosterone levels checked... because he's certainly always eager to practice babymaking, I would say moreso since going low carb.

Found this article on increasing testosterone... it noted that foods that spiked blood glucose dropped testosterone. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/

I will go over this article with a fine-toothed comb and implement it for DH - I totally control his diet so I can feed him whatever I want so long as it's low carb. We have awhile before our sway anyways, so I'll keep researching this. I don't think I'll convince him to add in a large number of carbs again - but if testosterone is the issue I can look for other ways to boost it :)

That would be interesting since most of the threads are currently on how to lower it ;p

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I need to qualify further my statement. If he gets ample protein- red meat especially- ample Vitamin A which imcreases T and lowers estrogen, and enough saturated fat where it doesn't deplete his Vitamin A levels which would lower testosterone, then it should be okay.

High Zinc, Vit A and enough D I beleive is critical for a man to keep his testosterone levels high.

As long as low carb does not equal low fat(in extremes) it should be okay.

skrimpy
January 13th, 2011, 09:46 PM
He is also getting plenty of vitamin A because he takes cod liver oil every day, which is very high in it :p He could probably get more zinc in, though - I will have to figure out foods high in zinc he'll eat. But on the whole he eats tons of meat and a good amount of fat.

As long as low carb doesn't definitely sway for pink I think we can probably work on other sway factors. Something swayed pink for us this time (or else maybe just it was meant to be lol) but I would really like to sway blue next time.

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Your highest levels of zinc are found in oysters, veal liver, roast beef, lamb, peanuts, cocoa powder and tahini has ample zinc- I have never even seen that before though!

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Weirdly, low carb diets CAN sway pink. It seems counterintuitive, but when you're eating a low carb diet and losing weight, it both makes you more acidic and shrinks your muscle mass (albeit more slowly than a more balanced diet does). Plus, the lack of phytonutrients present in fruits and vegetables can make your body "think" times are tough and all you have to eat is wooly mammoth. Any time you limit your diet in any way, your body notices that.

Remember, there ARE no magic foods. You can conceive a girl eating beef and a boy drinking a gallon of milk a day, if not, the whole human race would have gone extinct long ago. The whole human race lived on a diet of mostly meat for a million years and both boys and girls were born. It's just that overall, the most consistent, reliable way to lower testosterone is by a low protein, low nutrient diet so that's what we advise.

Best for blue is a balanced diet with grains, proteins, and lots of brightly colored fruits and vegetables. Not low carb, not low protein.

littlemissnaughty7
January 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM
does this apply to both men and women, do low carb diets sway pink for both ??

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I think the BEST sway is one that is carb based with less meat for both DH and DW.

I personally would not do a low carb diet for either party, but esp not for DH, if I wanted a girl. It CAN work, but it's not ideal and will not be as good at lowering testosterone than a vegetarian diet. However, for those who really cannot tolerate carbs because of PCOS, insulin resistance, etc. low carb is an option that may work. I HAVE seen people doing low carb who got girls.

Just so everyone is clear, the original poster is swaying blue.

nini
January 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Atomic, do think that whether or not a certain diet is swaying more pink or blue for one individual or the other could be based on their blood group? I have been informed that if the normal cal/mag diet route doesnt work to lower my PH, I should then go on to considering my blood group diet....