PDA

View Full Version : Dang Blasted Lazy Evil People!

purplepoet20
November 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
So tuesday night was great... got out the door and on the road and to Grandmas house in a good amount of time. DS2 didn't nap at all that day but he was very happy to watch Polar Express 2 1/2 x's. I had cramping the entire car ride so I was a little crabby.

Wednesday... Woke up early like always and went shopping at the stores we don't have here for the special food items my boys eat daily. We expected my BIL and family by noonish by he ended up coming really late for some reason. So the kids played until 11pm before we were able to put our kids to bed, since their cousin is loud and didn't want to sleep. The first of many lovely comments to my boys was "I don't play with boys because they are stupid and ugly" which upset DS1 and me. SIL tried to talk to me about kids. She kept saying I don't know why you had 2 kids, 1 is more then enough and you want more. What happens if you have 3 boys are you going to keep trying. Your kids are going to go hungry because you can't afford to feed them. BLA BLA BLA I am not the one who spends money on designer clothing or home decor. We earn 3x's more then them because all their business's fail after a few months. We now how to save and spend wisely. I mostly just looked at the newspapers add and ignored her.

Thursday... We were up at 5am and very tired from very little sleep. But we had to be quiet so we don't wake up BIL, SIL, or my neice. They slept in till 11am and then they got to decide what was for breakfast. Luckily I knew this would happen and fed my kids earlier. Not long after we ate DS2 was ready for a nap so I said very nicely that he has a hard time following asleep to noise but he will sleep through anything after he is out. Everyone said they would be quiet. But within seconds after I put him down my SIL and BIL started talking very loudly but when I reminded them about DS2 they said they are being quiet and I should have turned the fan on..... BIL and SIL would never let us in their house when their DD was sleeping even when we were staying for a visit..... They didn't even say sorry or anything so I had to go get DS2 because he was screaming and coughing really hard. No nap once again. And making dinner was so much fun for me, NOT, MIL and myself had to make everything while hubby watched our boys and his neice because BIL and SIL went up stairs as soon as DS2 was awake (they needed a nap but I heard them talking on the phones and watching tv). My neice kept telling DS1 to go away because he was ugly so after the 3rd time he smacked her everytime she said anything mean, I never punished him because she started it and her parents believe kids should work it out themselves. They came down as soon as dinner was ready and made sure they got their food ready first and sat down to eat. MIL had to get my neices food ready because they didn't think she would eat any of it. As soon as they finished they both went up stairs again until 10pm when they came to get my neice for bedtime. Once again we put out kids to bed late because of them. SIL was saying she was sick but I never saw any signs that she was sick. She always hides and plays sick when she is visiting the IL's.

Friday... 6am we were up and very very tired and beyond upset. We may have accidently made to much noise, on purpose... dropping stuff in the shower, not keeping the kids quiet when we tickled them, running up and down stairs, and making noise in the kitchen. We ate our breakfast and set off for the park. BIL brought his DD too which we were shocked but excited that maybe he would spend sometime with her. But no he sat on a bench while she hid under the playground equipment. We were playing with ours and trying to keep them running around. When we got back we put DS2 down for a nap and he went out in seconds since he has not slept his normal naps or night sleeping in days. BIL was still loud but luckily DS2 napped for 4hrs. But from noon until dinner time BIL and SIL either napped, hid in their room, or were on the phone.

For me AF came late, but normal pre-nursing cycle, and very bad. I was in a lot of pain from the cramping and the bleeding was very heavy. Hubby expected it so he did his best to let me rest. BIL made a comment about me not doing anything and being lazy but Hubby defended me by saying that "I have very bad periods after the boys stop nursing but I still help out as much as possible, unlike some other people who ignore their kids for no reason". I did go out of my way to make my kids meals, change clothing and diapers, and I even managed to fit in 3-4hrs of playing with my kids and neice.

We ended up getting the boys ready for bed early and ignored everyone else. We were ready to just pack up and go home because my neice kept saying mean things to my boys and her parents didn't try to correct her. "This is my Grandma and not yours" "She loves me more because I am a girl" "you are retarded" she even threw a fork at DS1 head (in front of her dad but I was the one that had to ppunish her), took and hid toys from them (they are my kids toys and hubbies old childhood toys). She would push them away from grandma, me, or hubby so she could have all the attention. She kept closing the piano on their fingers while they played because everyone kept saying how sweet DS2 was when he gently played the keys and would sing.

Saturday... DS1 woke up early again. We once again didn't care who we woke up or what we did. At 8am SIL sent DD down the stairs and didn't tell anyone or when she would come down. So we made her breakfast and played with her until noon when her parents came down make her breakfast. We didn't tell them we fed her because they only feed her 2 small meals a day. We once again went to the playground but by ourselves this time. We came back in time for a nap. Grandma made pasta for dinner and I helped her because I love cooking. SIL and BIL were no where to be seen until they came down for dinner and wanted to be served first, I don't know why, but they pilled the food on there plates, about a lb worth each. MIL only made 3lbs of pasta but that is normally more then enough. After the idiots sat down I got the plates ready for the 3 kids, SIL told me I gave my neice to much and took some off her plate (put on her plate) and left her DD with only 10peices of pasta and nothing else. The rest of us had to try and split what was left between us, which was not enough and we were still hungry. BIL even asked for DS2 plate because he wanted more and he thought DS2 had to much, hubby said "WTF who do you think you are hogging the food, not giving your own kid enough to eat and then trying to take food from a baby" BIL decided to take the last half of the pecan pie that hubby made and ate it between him and his wife, not even his DD. DS2 did finish his 1cp of pasta and 1 sausage he even ate 1/2 a cp of pasta that DS1 didn't finish, DS1 ate 3 sausages including mine and grandmas.

BIL took his DD to bed early.

Sunday... we got up early and not long after we came down stairs my neice joined us with a lovely comment "grandma has a surprise for me and not you (ds1) because she loves me more. you have to go home because grandma doesn't want you here anymore. i am grandmas favorite because i am a girl" I very calmly told her to not talk like that to my kids again or I will spank her butt and never get her a present again for as long as she lives. DS1 smack her in the face really hard and said "grandma loves me more because she is my real grandma and isn't your grandma anyways" (he may have over heard hubby and I talking to grandma). We started packing everything while our kids ate. We ate and loaded the truck. FIL wanted to take everyone to out to breakfast but we said no because we had plans to see Santa and they had been put off all weekend. We put our foot down and said we were leaving the house at 9am to go play around at the Bass Pro Shopfor a few hours, see Santa, and then eat lunch before we went home. I wanted to go to the buffet near the Bass pro shop but BIL and SIL said there was nothing for my neice to eat (glutenfree only) or nothing vegan friendly. We went to Cheesecake Factory where they ordered my neice a small bowl of fruit while they ordered the largest lunch possible. Next time I will put my foot down about where we eat because atleast at a buffet my kids can eat right away and not have to wait 30mins for food. And I know buffets have fruit.

....... BIL and SIL are talking about coming for a few days around Christmas. I already told my MIL that we are coming but we will leave as soon as they get there. We will not be around them for more then 4hrs until they teach their DD manners or start taking care of her. We travel to my IL's atleast once a month and for all holidays, birthdays, and 3 day weekends.

dramabird
November 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM
So sorry you had to deal with such dolts. :( It sounds like your niece has had terrible role models.

Your kiddos are lucky to have you and your DH!

Hobbermittens
November 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Sounds like it wasn't a very fun holiday! I'm sorry... your relatives don;t seem very nice...they don't sound like they are very respectful of your wishes, and your niece sounds like a brat! :(

I thought I would recommend something for your light sleeper. My daughter is a light sleeper as well. We got a sound machine for her, and it is GREAT! She sleeps with it on during naps, at night, etc., and it is small enough to travel with--I take it when we go on trips, and it really helps block out household noise.

purplepoet20
November 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM
We have a sound machine but for some reason it makes my boys cry more. We had a music box going to the entire nap but the house, only 10 years old, was not built very well. And also when someone is on the phone talking louder then you need to talk to an old 1/2 deaf grandpa it is really annoying.

I just got a call from my MIL saying that my BIL doesn't want to come for Christmas because he didn't like that I kept scolding his daughter. And he said that DS1 should have spanked and put in timeout for all the times he hit his cousin... I didn't scold him because he was only responding to her behavior when she would hit him and take something away. And he thinks that we were ignoring our kids to much and him and his wife had to watch them... HMMM... they only spent a total of 30mins with them and most of that was at the resturant before we left. I can't believe them!

love being a mummy
November 29th, 2011, 05:29 AM
wow doesn't sound like fun at all :(
Sadly I have been in a similar situation and there is only so long you can be nice, then when I did eventually speak up I was treated like a drama queen, a bitch and a sook and got told I was up tight and over reacting.
Apparently while people are on holidays my kids shouldn't have to stick a bed time schedule. They aren't the ones that have to deal with sooky tired kids all day though.

Hugs xx

Tiggerian
December 6th, 2012, 03:02 AM
What a lovely spam message posted above! What great input and totally makes sense! Best message ever!.. <_<

---

Purple - your BiL and SiL sound like they neglect their daughter and I don't think she misbehaves because she's a bad kid. It doesn't sound like she gets any of the affection, attention or love she needs. She defo doesn't get the nutrition she needs! How selfish they are!! But surely your FiL and MiL can see it!??

I can't believe they tried to pin THEIR failings on you and your OH. Unbelievable! I would find it very hard to keep quiet if that was me and I'd find it very hard not to involve social services if they really ignore their daugther that much AND feed her that little. It IS a form of emotional abuse and its definitely neglect!

I'm glad your OH speaks up though,because when dealing with family, from experience, some do find it very hard to stand up and say thats enough!

I am very interested in what your MiL had to say about it all?

Cinss
December 6th, 2012, 05:06 AM
That spam brought up a thread over a year old, no probs, its gone now ;)

Tiggerian
December 6th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Oh crikey! Didn't see the year.. doh