PDA

View Full Version : opk help

djmommy
September 21st, 2018, 07:42 PM
positive or almost?
I only have one day to DTD so I'm thinking tomorrow will be definitely positive. Just need to try to time it right.

Pbn3
September 21st, 2018, 11:49 PM
That looks really really close.... I'd think it would turn definitely pos by tonight if that's an after lunch one. I'd nearly be inclined to suggest doing your attempt tonight as a 2-o attempt is as good as a 1-o if it turns out that way.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

djmommy
September 22nd, 2018, 08:53 AM
thanks. Well that was as dark as it got yesterday evening. In fact in was lighter an hr and a half later. And negative this morning.
So maybe it wasn't a surge????..I don't know. I hate these things..lol

djmommy
September 22nd, 2018, 08:58 AM
yesterday's at evening time and the last one is this morning

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2018, 05:04 PM
Have you used this kind before?? What do the positives usually look like???

djmommy
September 22nd, 2018, 07:25 PM
I really haven't but I took a dollar tree opk this early evening and it was definitely positive. So hoping I O tomorrow. Will try tonite to BD. We did last nite ��

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2018, 12:07 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

djmommy
September 23rd, 2018, 06:04 PM
It's drier but looks positive right?40422

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Is there another picture? I can't see it.

djmommy
September 24th, 2018, 01:26 PM
oh really?
Can you see this one?40431

atomic sagebrush
September 25th, 2018, 01:10 PM
It's there now - sorry not sure what happened with that!

I consider those positives, yes!

djmommy
September 25th, 2018, 01:38 PM
I did too . Haven't felt much in the way of O pain though, I do know what you say about that!!. I was trying to temp to confirm O but I literally have not had much in the way of 3, let alone 2 hours of sleep. Will try tomorrow.
I have to say if it doesn't happen very soon, I will have to let it go. :( Praying that the Lord decides.to bless us once again.

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Me too DJ - :pray: that this will happen for you guys very soon. :heart:

In the meantime keep BD regularly just in case.

djmommy
September 28th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Thank you atomic!

djmommy
September 30th, 2018, 03:56 PM
so I did have a pos opk on CD 10, which is when I would normally ovulate, CD 11 or 12. Nothing has been normal since d &c though. I can't confirm O through temps because I do not sleep well, baby wakes a LOT, even though he is one!! So I randomly do opks and sometomes they look a lil dark then go lighter so I assume not having another surge..Today I can't tell if it's positive but it's been consistent like this since 9 am. ugh? Whatcha think?40479

djmommy
October 1st, 2018, 12:28 PM
this was today at noon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40485[/ATTACH

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2018, 02:47 PM
Have attempt to cover!!!!

djmommy
October 1st, 2018, 02:59 PM
I did last nite. Should that be ok?
can't tonite.

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2018, 03:10 PM
Yes perfect!

djmommy
October 2nd, 2018, 10:30 AM
So I don't know if I would call all of these positives but why are they still dark?
Is my body just trying to O and can't?
So annoying40499

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
It's not unusual, lots of people have those. Can you pick it up with e4d after this?

djmommy
October 2nd, 2018, 03:45 PM
I got another brand while In was out and it's positive. E 4 days would be tomorrow
Should I try instead tonite?
Last time was Sunday

test line is bottom

atomic sagebrush
October 3rd, 2018, 11:59 AM
Well, I would try ASAP (sorry I did not see this yesterday!) but whatever you did was the right thing to do.

djmommy
October 4th, 2018, 10:19 AM
We did that night. I tried to temp this morning to try confirm O..but In was awake 3x before I was able to temp so I am sure it isn't accurate at all. It was actually lower than yesterday. is there any way to temp with lots of disturbed sleep?

djmommy
October 4th, 2018, 01:29 PM
I give up cause I have no clue what's going on with me!40504

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2018, 02:57 PM
We did that night. I tried to temp this morning to try confirm O..but In was awake 3x before I was able to temp so I am sure it isn't accurate at all. It was actually lower than yesterday. is there any way to temp with lots of disturbed sleep?

You can temp before bed or at a certain time on the clock. It's less reliable so keep that in mind but you can often pick out the pattern despite it being a little harder to see.

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2018, 02:57 PM
I give up cause I have no clue what's going on with me!40504

Just keep going with every 4 days, you'll be covered!

djmommy
October 4th, 2018, 03:53 PM
You can temp before bed or at a certain time on the clock. It's less reliable so keep that in mind but you can often pick out the pattern despite it being a little harder to see.

do u think one way would be more reliable? Nighttime or same time in the am even though I'm awake so often. thought I ovulated yesterday but who knows.

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2018, 04:55 PM
You can do both but you need to do two separate charts. That way you can cross-check them to see overall what the main pattern is. That is complicated but has worked for quite a few people who were not getting good results in the morning alone.

djmommy
October 4th, 2018, 07:48 PM
ok thanks. I'll try both casually
..dont wanna get too crazy or stressed ya know!! lol.....even though these opks are driving me cookoo!!

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Do you feel that the benefit of doing the OPK to your sanity is greater than the frustration they are causing?

djmommy
October 5th, 2018, 11:37 AM
well I'm frustrated because my cycles were always so regular and I would get a clear positive surge and then it would fade. Now it seems like I have no idea what's going on so I'm not sure if In would be less stressed or more stressed without them. Make sense? I usually can tell when Im about to O but cm is not copious at all. I did think I felt O pain the other nite but I'm not sure. :(

djmommy
October 6th, 2018, 08:12 AM
and like for example...this opk was this morning. These are wondfo that I used to use all the time. I woke up and went potty, decided 20 min later to test just to see if it was still dark and with hardly any pee it was! Is it normal to have so many ? I got this brand on Thurs and they have all been consistently dark. Why?

and as far as my temp if I was awake several times and it awake 15 mins before taking it, would it probably be low?
I'll wake and nurse baby and can't get to it.

djmommy
October 6th, 2018, 08:55 AM
I mean can you have a surge for dayyyyyssd and try to O and not?

djmommy
October 6th, 2018, 09:40 AM
sorry to keep posting but I'm just so baffled. The wondfo is pretty positive and dollar tree opk not so much40516

djmommy
October 6th, 2018, 09:41 AM

So I'm guessing this is why you say e4d! lol

I just want to know why LH is staying there.

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2018, 02:15 PM
well I'm frustrated because my cycles were always so regular and I would get a clear positive surge and then it would fade. Now it seems like I have no idea what's going on so I'm not sure if In would be less stressed or more stressed without them. Make sense? I usually can tell when Im about to O but cm is not copious at all. I did think I felt O pain the other nite but I'm not sure. :(

Yes totally! Sometimes there's a case to be made in both directions!

Sometimes people will get a lot of pos OPK if they have PCOS or tendencies that way. Or, if your body is trying to ovulate and it just isn't happening for some reason.

Waking up a bunch of times can affect your temp, but LOTS of people wake up and still have fairly obvious temp shifts despite that. It's only a dealbreaker if you've actually tried it and foudn that it doesn't work for you. Until then, for all we know, it may actually be ok for you.