PDA

View Full Version : How to check CM

love being a mummy
November 28th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I was supposed to be Oing today but how do I check my CM cause we DTD last night.

Cinss
November 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
What was CM like before you DTD? I guess you just have to clean yourelf up then wait a couple of hours to check.

love being a mummy
November 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Cm was stretchy and cloudy / ew

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
DON'T clean yourself up after DTD for a boy!!!! Very important not to do that because the semen is high in pH and helps keep the sperm alive to make it. I know you're talking about the day AFTER BD and the sperm is gone by then, but I just want people to know not to do this right after BD.

The answer is, you don't. Most people's CM dries up on O day anyway and so it doesn't tell you a whole lot. Under normal circumstances, CM will stretch and semen doesn't, but on O day some people no longer have stretchy CM anyway. Besides, the purpose of semen and EWCM is exactly the same (protect and nourish sperm) and you want them BOTH in there so removing one to check the other doesn't gain you anything. Esp if you're going to BD again, having that first batch of semen or whatever is left of it, is only going to help your sway and also raise your odds of conception.

If you MUST check CM, you can tell the diff. by dropping a blob of it into water. if it floats or dissolves, it's semen. If it sinks, it's EWCM.

gizmo77
December 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
DON'T clean yourself up after DTD for a boy!!!! Very important not to do that because the semen is high in pH and helps keep the sperm alive to make it. I know you're talking about the day AFTER BD and the sperm is gone by then, but I just want people to know not to do this right after BD.

The answer is, you don't. Most people's CM dries up on O day anyway and so it doesn't tell you a whole lot. Under normal circumstances, CM will stretch and semen doesn't, but on O day some people no longer have stretchy CM anyway. Besides, the purpose of semen and EWCM is exactly the same (protect and nourish sperm) and you want them BOTH in there so removing one to check the other doesn't gain you anything. Esp if you're going to BD again, having that first batch of semen or whatever is left of it, is only going to help your sway and also raise your odds of conception.

If you MUST check CM, you can tell the diff. by dropping a blob of it into water. if it floats or dissolves, it's semen. If it sinks, it's EWCM.

did you try this at home? true tho bc in the toilet i noticed globs of ewcm does sink tmi sorry!

love being a mummy
December 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2011, 12:38 PM
did you try this at home? true tho bc in the toilet i noticed globs of ewcm does sink tmi sorry!

That's just the info I have from TCYOF - EWCM sinks, semen floats/dissolves.