PDA

View Full Version : What pregnancy tests do you use?

HopeandDreamG
November 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'm new to "planned" pregnancys..LOL!! so what pregnancy test's do you use that can be used early?

And how many days past ovulation can I start testing??

queen-of-harts
November 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think the best one is First Response early results in the pink box and the digital ones take longer to get a bfp.

HopeandDreamG
November 29th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Wow thanks for that quick response. How early can I test?

P.S. my heart aches for her too!

Lavenderlime
November 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM
What cycle day are you Hope? I got a faint positive on an ebay cheapie stick like the opks at 10 dpo with ds2 and a strong positive at 12 p.o on the same tests.

Lavenderlime
November 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'd say wait till 10 days you can get a positive sooner than this but if you get a BFN it's a bit of a downer. So wait until you have a stronger chance of actually getting a bfp how long is you lp?

HopeandDreamG
November 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Lavender. I am CD16 today. I think I O'd CD 12. FF is not showing it yet because of that lower temp yesterday. Ovacue Vag wand said I O'd CD12 also, and I got a positive OPK CD12. I've been trying to figure this out for days because normally I O CD 16 or 17, and get OPK positive 2 days prior.

My LP has been 11, 12, and 13 days.

Any thoughts?

Lavenderlime
November 29th, 2011, 02:36 PM
If it were me I would test on CD 22 with FMU But you could test on CD21 and still have a chance of a positive! You can get lots of the really cheap tests from ebay for a few £ in the uk so would imagine it would be the same in US.

If they're only cheap and I had lots i'd test twice a day! lol

So exciting! What an amazing gift a Christmas BFP would be! FX for you
If you wait until CD 24 you probably won't have to squint to make out a + line :D

TWW seems like a life time doesn't it?

HopeandDreamG
November 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Lavender~ I just ordered the Wondfo from amazon... I'm now wondering maybe O was CD15. Hoping Dh's spermies can last from CD 12, if O was CD 15.... I'll keep temping and see...just want to know NOW!!

Your 1 day from testing??? Thats exciting.

HopeandDreamG
November 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM
It does seem like a LoNG time. My wait just started and it feels like forever. IF I test 2 x a day why time for second test? 2 pm like opks and hold pee for 4 hrs?

love being a mummy
November 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I use the ebay ones.