PDA

View Full Version : gizmo's boy sway

gizmo77
November 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
this may be a bit premature since i only took my HPT this morning and no drs appt to confirm pregnancy but i thought id write it out before i forgot everything! ill delete if pg doesnt stay!

Name: gizmo

Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH? highest naturally close to or on O day was about 9, sometimes 8 or above. with BSF 9 or higher. only used bsf once 4 days before O

DH pH? above 8 (didnt change much, wasnt really willing to change diet much, just supps)

Baking soda douche? no

Baking soda finger, how many times and for how long? once on O-4 thats it! (my 1st attempt i did bsf on attempt day and didnt get pg, so i think bsf killed sperm?)

Pre-seed, how and what was the pH? no

Egg whites pH and type? no

Big O? yes all 4 times haha, before dh. couldnt do it again after dh

Minerals DW
Calcium? barely any, just from coconut milk and whatever is in eggs, and fruits and vegies

Magnesium? medium range..i had at least one serving of nuts daily plus larabars, plus whatever i got thru diet (couldnt avoid magnesium in fruits/vegies, meats, etc)

Potassium? above 4700mg/daily (v8 with nyf twice a day, potatoes/tomatoes/3bananas daily, etc)

Sodium? within IG range. oversalted everything, plus chips, salty meats, etc

DH minerals?

ate basically the same as before i started this diet (just more red meat). didnt chnage much except had more healthier snacks like peanuts, apricots, raisins etc.

Diet

Dietary Changes? high everything diet with a splash of IG diet. ate within 15 min of waking, then breakfast, ate every 2 hrs always carbs with protein, always ate before i slept. 4 snacks a day 3 large meals a day all healthier, mostly salads plsu red meat. less calicum/dairy. cut out all refined sugar. used stevia instead on oatmeal and weetabix. rarely had rice or breads. gained about 35 pounds.

Did you continue diet after attempt. If so for how long? i decreased salt and potassium. would have longer spans between meals. got lazier since ive been on diet since jul. but generally the same foods, just less and skipped certain foods here and there and used whole milk occasionaly during 2ww.

DH consume caffeine before attempt day? daily about 14 ozof coffee plus 4 times a week he drinks soda with dinner (12 oz can), plus nightly tea sometimes no caff sometimes caff! boo!!
DH consume caffeine 1/2 hour or an hour before BD? Yes, coffee prior to all the attempts

Hormones? started weights in july. cut cardio completely. defly increased muscle mass esply in quads and biceps. pimples everywhere (and i typically dont get them), more facial hair (chin mostly), more aggressive/impatient, would O 3x/day from af-o. sex every 3 days with orgasm everytime. so i THINK def increase in T...?

Drinks? lemon water daily. i think this is what completely changed my CM. naturally it was like 7.5 i think maybe lower. i stopped gelatin and acv. also bsd 3-4xs/day af-o

Supplements

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)? No
Robitussin/Guafanesin tablets? no
Alka Seltzer Gold? No
Green Tea? No
Fertile-CM? no
False Unicorn? No
Vitamin E? no
Fish Oil? yes dha 500mg
Folic Acid? Yes 2000mg
Flaxseed Oil? No
Potassium pills? No
L-Arginine? hell no
Tribulus terrestris? No
Vitamin B12? No
Zinc? No
Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen? No
Others? prenatals

DH supps? men over 50 advantage-one a day, vit E, zinc, B12, folic acid, coQ10, l-arg, ALCAR. also lemon water about 16oz/daily

Timing

Length of DH abstinence? we had sex every 3 days. the 1st time we dtd without condom was O-4
BD on O? twice a day on O-1 and once on O day
How close to O? on O day must have been like within 4hrs
BD how often? 3xs closest to O
Charting O with Temp? Yes
Charting O with OPK? Yes
Fertility monitor used? No
suspected O date? mon nov 14

*O was 2 days late (on cd19 instead of cd17). which is why i dtd'd O-4 (cd15). (bc i expected to dtd 3 days in a row leading up to O), but got my 1st +opk on cd18 with definite O on cd19. i had the most major O pains i ever experienced in my life.

Ions

O in what moon phase? Waning moon under Gemini (boy). altho O-4 was full moon.

Changed ions in other ways? wore a goldnecklace af-o, constantly on desktop and laptop at night, cell phone too. stood in front of microwave usually..if i dont get a boy then im getting some sort of alien.

How many kids do you have? 2

What gender(s)? girlies

Number of months TTC? 2

Your Age? 34!

BD position? doggy on O-4 and deep missionary the other 3 times

EWCM present - yes a huge glob. but i always get ew

DH type of undies? boxer briefs

Did you use instead cups - how long? No

DH use cold bath/shower or ice? no. he takes long hot showers tho and im so pissed that he wouldnt change that. makes excuses that "it isnt THAT hot, blah blah.."

OWT - anything under bed? no

Comments? prayed a lot. my 1st attempt we did it only once in the afternoon and i layed only for 20 min and did bsf about 1/2 hr before attempt so i think i had a lot NOT going for me. this month i wanted to make sure i got pg. so didit more frequently and layed down longer 30-45min at least. if i had to do it again, id only do the diet for 6 weeks bc i got lazier with it. but id do weights/lemon water ahead of time. from the month of 1st attempt to 2nd month's attempt i didnt gain any more weight maybe 1-2pounds. body got used to it.

things im scared of/didnt do right: i had some chocolate a couple times a few days before attempt. id occasionally wouldnt go full energy with weights, and didnt always eat on time. scared that dh only carries xy bc of all his "vices" mostly caffeine and hot showers and eats a girl diet (so yes im blaming him if its a girl!). also i wanted t o do allorganic fruits and vegies but as it was grocery bills/supps bill were high.
however having gone thru this, id be fine with another girl. but i still want a boy for my personal reasons and to show ppl that i CAN have a boy!!

nuthinbutpink
November 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Congrats!!!

begonia
November 29th, 2011, 05:40 PM
GIZMO! So excited for you, BIG FAT congrats! If I had any blue dust I'd share it, LOL, but instead I'll just keep my FX you got a healthy, sticky bean AND your blue bundle :) Oh I'm so happy!!! YAY for a BFP! Now get yourself a ticker!

love being a mummy
November 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Congratulations, I hope you get your baby boy

Plum3
November 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Yay!! Congratulations Gizmo! So excited for you. Your sway looks great, fingers crossed for a healthy baby boy :D

gizmo77
November 30th, 2011, 12:03 AM
thanks everyone! im cautiously excited..walking on tip toes. not letting the girls touch my tummy until wk12 if i make it that far! haha..havent even told dh yet. waiting for him to figure out that im not sending lemon water with him to work anymore.

begonia, i know, im searching for a ticker but dont wanna jinx!
also sorry for such a long sway report geez!

TTC5
November 30th, 2011, 12:36 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Cinss
November 30th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Great job, love the ticker :)

ELP
November 30th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Massive congratulations Gizmos!! I hope this is your lovely sticky blue bean for you:) Your sway looks excellent, I think its great that you could physically notice your muscle improvement:agree: Best of luck!!!!!

gizmo77
November 30th, 2011, 02:49 PM
thank you all!

zanacal
November 30th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm so happy to hear you got a BFP, congratulations! Your sway sounds great too, fingers crossed it results in a blue bean for you :D

gizmo77
November 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
thanks zan!

My Fabulous Children
December 1st, 2011, 02:48 AM
Congrats! Hope you get your boy.

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
I think that was a FANTASTIC attempt! sending you more blue dust than you know what to do with!!

Hobbermittens
December 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Nice job, gizmo! I hope you have a little blue bean on board! Do you really think the lemon water is what made your pH so high?

My DH won't quit the hot showers, either, and he showers for 20 minutes or longer if I let him!! So annoying. I go in and check the temp and turn it down sometimes, and he gets mad.

gizmo77
December 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM
hobbers, yes i think it was the lemon water bc i had tested once before i started bsd and it was pretty high. i mean i did alkaline diet too but i felt like with all the meat i was eating all the alkaline food just HAS to cancel out! so i couldnt really consider it an "alkaline" diet. but for me i think the lemon water PLUS bsd gave me a "boy range" pH but we ll see if all this even mattered!

if i even touched my dh's water while he was showering, he d start locking the door on me. he loves his precious showers he says thats where he does all his thinking (problem solving for work). you can think with COLD WATER! ;-)

gizmo77
December 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM
thank guys ill take all the blue dust i can get!

Zivic-Bubac
December 2nd, 2011, 01:16 PM
GIZMO!!!!! How did I miss it?! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:bluecheer::bluecheer::blueche er::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bl uecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:
Excellent sway! Can't wait to obsses with you about nub shots! LOL :wink:

Hobbermittens
December 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
if i even touched my dh's water while he was showering, he d start locking the door on me. he loves his precious showers he says thats where he does all his thinking (problem solving for work). you can think with COLD WATER! ;-)

Are you sure he's just 'thinking' in there?? Ha ha. But you can do THAT in cold water too!!

My DH just relaxes. He has sore muscles in his back from his job (carpenter) so I think that's why he is in there so long... still annoying.

zanacal
December 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
My dad is a carpenter and the first thing he does whenever he gets home from work is have a long, hot bath - I'm sure he's always done this (and he wouldn't even have had a shower back when we were conceived!) and he has 2 girls. No one thing is a deal breaker :D

gizmo77
December 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
thanks zivic!
hobber: i questioned him about what he does in there and he says occasionally he does (but lately no since we ve been doing it every 3 days..he has a low sex drive so he coudnt POSSIBLY need to do it more than that!) and he says honestly he s just "relaxing" away from the kids, just him and his thoughts.

lately ive been noticing that particular gender patterns skip generations. but i guess not true for everyone. for ex my moms generation therer are some boys (maybe half as many boys as girls) and now our generation all girls so far (me my bro, my cousins, etc)

gizmo77
March 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
update: its a GIRL!

TTC5
March 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Congratulations on a little girl x How are you feeling Gizmo? X

Hobbermittens
March 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Oh gizmo! I'm sorry! :( I am pretty sure mine is a girl too. :(

Indira
March 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Sorry itīs not the boy you swayed for gizmo, congratulations on your baby girl!

begonia
March 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Gizmo thanks for updating, I was wondering how you were doing! Glad she is healthy but I'm sorry you didn't get the excitement of hearing boy ... as you know I (and many others!) understand all too well. FX you don't have GD and are able to fully enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

gizmo77
March 23rd, 2012, 12:24 AM
thanks everyone. begonia, i thought of you after it all sunk in and all the "crap" i tried to sell you to make you feel better. altho, sorry to say this to those who had some GD after hearing they are having the opposite they wanted, it sort of prepared me. once i was pg, i told myself i dont care if its a girl and deep down even was hoping itd be a girl just so i could have a chance at having the 4th and final kid ive always wanted (dh is very very hesitant..almost a NO to #4).

ive been excited about pgcy this whole time, and then in the waiting room, i prepared myself in case girl. and sure enough, the tech saw 2 lips and labia but "wasnt sure." then the perinatalogist came in and was like "yup its a girl!" my initial reaction was thats FINE! ive seen and heard of so many with 3 (or more) girls that i think its cute (still think this) and thought of all those boy moms who are dying for girls..and we just get what we get. i have to be honest and say i was a little disappointed..bc then all the memories of swaying flashed back and i thought..i did all that for nothing. and for a split second i started tearing away at my sway (should done this, etc) and then blamed my husband and his vices (caffeine!!). but then was like..what a waste of energy this is. just be happy theres no Down syndrome, spina bifida, heart abnormalities, etc. they did notice i had a placenta previa (placenta laying on top of my cervix) and said id just need a c-section (both previous births were vaginal), but MD said i have the type that should move away from the cervix as pgcy progresses. that sort of scared me and made me think even tho minor, im glad baby is healthy.

i was still kinda excited about knowing (1st gender scan of all pgcies) so it was weird to know for me. debated about telling dh then thought i just couldnt hold it in and blurted it out to him when he got home. he thought i was kidding at 1st bc i was smiling and happy but then said as a joke "at least we have enough bathrooms for them.." but hugged me and congratulated me and was genuinely happy. he said who cares, ppl just want boys for namesake and girls can do that and ANYTHING boys can do these days. and all these things about at least we know how to take care of a girl...no peeing on walls, etc.. :-)
so i was happy he was happy...he said he would have liked a boy and it would have been nice but oh well..you cant choose. theres prob a reason why we werent meant to have a boy...(theres a lot of boys in our family who are wacky/unsuccessful in life). so he said all the right things an di thought of all the right things...

then today (a day later) i started having some GD..i saw other ppl with boys...pigeon pairs, more than 1 boy etc. and my friends who have boys..and ppl who kept telling me "oh 2 girls..your 3rd is sure to be a girl too," and ppl i wanted to prove wrong or show off too (some ppl in my fam disapproved of our marriage bc dh is italian and not indian even tho we are the same religion...thus these ppl think that ppl who have girls are being punished....when their own daughters who married within race have all daughters too). so i was a bit depressed today but then came out of it when dh came home and cheered me up...he s like youc ant base your feelings on what other ppl think/say..thats not a life, etc.

and i felt better. then i look at my dtrs and think...i LOVE them theyre ADORABLE and then...thats enough girls...and then no ill love this one JUST as much..she ll be differnt too...so im back and forth but not severely so. i kinda wish i didnt find out bc how will i feel the rest of this pgcy? i want to enjoy and not think of gender. just healthy baby.

and what did i do wrong? not enough acv? too much sex too ffrequent? im already thinking of how ill do it diffly but im not sure if dh is up for #4. there goes my hopes of 2 girls/2boys..i mean at this point (after DD2 actually) ive been thinking id be happy with ONE son! whats the big deal with boys anyway????? theyre all the same up until a certain age and if anything sons leave their mothers sooner...right?

so im back and forth. im happy to be able to be pg, and carry a healthy child...but it wouldve been more exciting if this worked. the worse part for me is hearing ppls response. i know ppl will make comments "oh thats ok" or "dh just shooting girls huh!"

i mean i cant WAIT to meet her, i LOVE the name ipicked out for her...i feel SO guilty for even thinking this...horrible parent i am. im such a perfectionist and thought i had a PERFECT sway and still God (or whoever you believe in) ultimately makes the choice i guess!!!

dh is not interesd in pgd (even if we COULD afford it).. he doesnt like the idea of messing with life that way and is afraid something bad would happen to the child.

i dont mind being a woman who raised 3 daughters..guess it just would have beennice to have something different..you know?
anyway, i truly AM happy and thankful but im human and my mind slips here and there wondering...always.

thanks for all your support guys. i TRULY TRULY appreciate each and every word you guys type on here.

gizmo77
March 23rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Oh gizmo! I'm sorry! :( I am pretty sure mine is a girl too. :(

you dont know that for sure girl!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Aw gizmo, I'm sorry to hear it but very happy that you're at peace with it! Best of luck for a happy and healthy 9 months.

LolaInLove
March 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
he s like youc ant base your feelings on what other ppl think/say..thats not a life, etc.

Your DH is totally right about this. I am sorry you didn't hear boy, but many congrats on having a beautiful healthy baby! You didn't do anything wrong, and you certainly aren't being punished for anything. You are BLESSED to have this baby on the way!!!! I think it is totally normal to have days of going back and forth with emotions right now....very normal. I do that myself with our situation, and it's been a while. Just work through it and let yourself grieve if you need to, but DO listen to your DH- you needn't worry what other people think or say at all. This is your life and these are your precious girls, and you all are going to have a wonderful family, gizmo. I hope you are doing ok and things start looking sunny every day for you soon. xxoo

gizmo77
March 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
thank you lola that really helps and thanks atomic and everyone else. i do need to "grieve" a little i think. its just weird grieving nw before ive even seen her. i think for me itd be a lot easier if i had her with me but then again with DD2 i had SLIGHT GD but it went away real quick bc she was there. so knowing gender ahead of time may have caused these emotions to linger.. who knows. but youre all right! and i really hope things work out for you lola...i have been thinking about you too!
good luck with everything

LolaInLove
March 23rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thank you, honey......it is weird to grieve something that wasn't even there...you go through that stuff when you can't have one and think you never will. I think it is REALLY important for all of us to keep in mind that there is no point in worrying about what other people think. Let them think whatever they want...but your life and how you live it is up to you, so you can live it being a happy, glorious mama with 3 beautiful children or you can walk around feeling like a failure because of what you think other people you don't even know must think. It is a huge waste!!!! I hope you shake it all really soon and start to feel like that glorious mama you are!

gizmo77
March 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
you are so lola. its hard tho to actually implement that when you see teh faces of the ppl that you tel land hear their words. i wish i had a filter so that i couldnt hear the negative things...but you are right ihave to rise above it

sweetpea
March 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear boy, but congratulations on your baby girl! You sound like you're working through your emotions very well, though. I pray that time will heal your heart and that once your little girl is in your arms, all these feelings will go away. ***HUGS*** to you!

zanacal
March 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry you didn't hear boy Gizmo, all the best sweetie x

Hobbermittens
March 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
im such a perfectionist and thought i had a PERFECT sway and still God (or whoever you believe in) ultimately makes the choice i guess!!!

I thought you had a perfect sway, too. Seriously, the entire time we were swaying, you were the standard I measured myself to. I just kept thinking your sway HAD to work! So I hope you don't have any regrets--you really did all you could!

I am glad you are at peace with having another little girl! You sound so grounded and level headed--I'm jealous! Glad your DH is being so great, too. :)

begonia
March 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Gizmo I didn't have much time earlier but wanted to tell you your post above is really encouraging; I'm glad you are handling it well so far. My GD definitely had waves, and it got MUCH worse before it got better ... I posted it in another thread but to be totally honest it was pretty bad the weeks just prior to her birth. And it really wasn't ever about HER, it was more just the gender DESIRE. I got over the gender disappointment much, much sooner; in fact I really do appreciate having my girls, probably now more than I ever did before. But the gender desire beat me down for awhile during the pregnancy. I have 3 friends due just prior to or just after my own DD3, who were ALL expecting DS after 2DD. That was tough.

The comments from other people also fed into and reinforced my feeling that I was somehow lacking w/o a DS. That somehow 3 healthy DD wasn't a "good" family make-up, and when I was pregnant I really fell for that lie. Also, like you, I'm very much a perfectionist, and the fact that my sway "failed" meant I wasn't "perfect" and I felt hugely disappointed in myself. We might have a 4th but I'm 90% sure I won't sway, I'll just let the chips fall where they may, because for me ... swaying set me up for disappointment in a way leaving it to chance wouldn't have. I think swaying took some of the pure joy and excitement of having another child out of the equation for me, and I was so focused on getting a DS that I forgot the overall goal of just expanding our family... that goal we successfully accomplished! So I definitely learned that my personality and swaying don't mix :) I'd for sure be hoping for a DS if we have a 4th, but I won't have a 4th if I'm not OK with another DD.

Comments suck and I get a ton of them, but now that she's here I really, truly don't care a bit what people have to say. Because I see her now as a person, not just a "girl" baby in my belly. She's going to be an individual unlike either of her 2 sisters, someone new to love and appreciate and drive me crazy :rofl: So people's comments really don't get to me and I typically either say something sassy or just smile and don't say anything, which always unnerves the commenter :) Whenever someone says something to DH about being surrounded by all girls he laughs and says that for YEARS he prayed for girls to love him and God answered it abundantly, so he considers himself lucky. Your DH sounds like he's doing really well with it too and that is fantastic, because if you have a low day he can pick you up. I really don't know what I would have done if DH had GD as badly as I did ... he was totally my rock through it.

Anyhow I hope you stick around! There were several times in my pregnancy I had to take a break from this place, but overall ... the support and encouragement from people who really do understand was invaluable. :hug2:

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Congratulations on your healthy baby !!!!
I'm in the same boat, it seems it's girl#3 for us, but I'm coping very, very bad with it so far :(

I'm glad you're practically over GD ( if there was any?) and I love the way you think, helped me a lot.
I never wanted more then 3 ( DH wanted only 2 :rolleyes:) but I caught myself thinking about the possibility of 4th baby :p

Only thing is: what if it's a girl again? I think that might prevent me to try for #4. DH is strongly against anyway, says we can't afford another baby.

I would do IVF/PGD in a heart beat if I had money, I would go for twin boys. I even found a clinic VERY near where we live. Maybe if I get BINGO or something....

Like you said, I know I should be grateful there is no down syndrome, chromosome issues, heart abnormalities etc. My DH said it's a blasphemy that I'm so unhappy for getting a healthy child.

Can't wait your next sway :p

Flava
March 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
gizmo-congrats on your baby girl! Im sorry you didn't hear boy but it's so great you don't really have GD!
You can see Im pregnant and already thinking it's a girl for sure and it makes me very sad! really who got 5 girls?
Also I think your sway is so good and it still didn't worked so why would it work for me, right? I think some of us just can sway forever and it's not going to work for us no matter what.
Today is just bad for me...I feel very stupid trying again I should have learned already. I just hope I will be like you when I hear girl again.I don't want DG I want to be happy for a new baby.
Your DH is very nice he is right don't listen to the stupid comments.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
My grandma is one of 6 girls and our pastor also has 6 girls (and they are the kindest, sweetest, loveliest girls you ever saw!! except yours of course flava!)

Foxy
March 25th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Congratulations on a sweet baby girl, gizmo! I'm sorry you didn't hear boy, but happy that you are doing well! xx

boyjoy
March 26th, 2012, 02:09 PM
HGizmo, big congrats on your baby girl. As a 3 girls mom, i would say if i did remember how joyfjul a baby girl, i wouldn t ve sway ever. The moment i hold her time stopped and fall in love with that lil princess. I never did care "others" opinions. They are just others. You ll know what i mean when you get her. After 3,5 years i was completely forgot what does it mean. If i go for a 4th one, i ll hope for a boy but ll not sway. Because baby girls are too beautiful to avoid from :) When she looks at you and smiles you just forget about the gender. You are being the happiest women in the world. I am sure i would not be any happier than now if i had a baby boy. Just focus on you and your lil one.
This is to all same gender moms. The desire of your DG ll be in your heart but don t let it ruin your unique moments with your baby. She/he is gonna cure your GD.

gizmo77
March 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I thought you had a perfect sway, too. Seriously, the entire time we were swaying, you were the standard I measured myself to. I just kept thinking your sway HAD to work! So I hope you don't have any regrets--you really did all you could!

I am glad you are at peace with having another little girl! You sound so grounded and level headed--I'm jealous! Glad your DH is being so great, too. :)

yeah real level headed//the last few days ive been mulling over getting PGD for the next one. even tho i cant wait to meet DD3 and im resolved with it, its making my dream of having the 4 kids ive always wanted a reality. DH had a HUGE fight (wahy before before conceiving DD3) about #3 and #4. his number was always 2 and mine was always 4 and somewhere he thought 3 would be a good compromise. but i dont feel like a person can compromise on a LIFE/CHILD and nor did i feel it was his decision (this is how i USED to feel) bc *I* would be the one to carry and primarily raise the kids. but in the end he said he wasnt totally against it and i said i wasnt totally against not having #4. (he was just fighting me with #3 so that i would stop at 3..even tho he had already agreed to a 3 a while ago).

ANYWAY...honestly i was considering stopping at 3 (tho i had been mourning that idea for month sbefore i even got pg with DD3) but now i feel like DD3 was meant to be so that i COULD have my 4th. this is still in early stages...as i dont know how id feel after DD3 arrives and the hectic life to come and money too of course. but i feel like if we are going for #4..id really really want to try gender selection. DH has already said he s against it (bc its against nature and something might happen to the kid, etc). but i explained..all they do is test gender just like they test for genetic conditions and tons of ppl get IVF (for infertility reasons)..so we 'll see. this all could be part ofmy grievig tho.

i AM happy about DD3 but at the same time im pissed i gained all that weight and ate all that food for nothing...and had DH take all those supplemenst which didnt do anything. i truly feel its bc of his caffeine habit. he s been drinking coffee since he was like 18 (he s 36 now). bc i did everything! my pH was 8-9, i had ew, i orgasmed. it was deep penetration. i kept my blood sugar up by eating constantl;y i ate POTAOES AND BANANAS EVERYDAY!!! hahahah! i mean...carbs and protein..barely had dairy...magnesium..whatever i even decreased my nuts close to TTC.

the only thing i can think of is we DTD 3 times in a row (afternoon and night and then the following night). and it was even a waxing moon (or a full moon going to new). laptop, cellphone, microwave..etc. lemon water all day every day. weights 3 days a week.

so what was it???

gizmo77
March 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Gizmo I didn't have much time earlier but wanted to tell you your post above is really encouraging; I'm glad you are handling it well so far. My GD definitely had waves, and it got MUCH worse before it got better ... I posted it in another thread but to be totally honest it was pretty bad the weeks just prior to her birth. And it really wasn't ever about HER, it was more just the gender DESIRE. I got over the gender disappointment much, much sooner; in fact I really do appreciate having my girls, probably now more than I ever did before. But the gender desire beat me down for awhile during the pregnancy. I have 3 friends due just prior to or just after my own DD3, who were ALL expecting DS after 2DD. That was tough.

The comments from other people also fed into and reinforced my feeling that I was somehow lacking w/o a DS. That somehow 3 healthy DD wasn't a "good" family make-up, and when I was pregnant I really fell for that lie. Also, like you, I'm very much a perfectionist, and the fact that my sway "failed" meant I wasn't "perfect" and I felt hugely disappointed in myself. We might have a 4th but I'm 90% sure I won't sway, I'll just let the chips fall where they may, because for me ... swaying set me up for disappointment in a way leaving it to chance wouldn't have. I think swaying took some of the pure joy and excitement of having another child out of the equation for me, and I was so focused on getting a DS that I forgot the overall goal of just expanding our family... that goal we successfully accomplished! So I definitely learned that my personality and swaying don't mix :) I'd for sure be hoping for a DS if we have a 4th, but I won't have a 4th if I'm not OK with another DD.

Comments suck and I get a ton of them, but now that she's here I really, truly don't care a bit what people have to say. Because I see her now as a person, not just a "girl" baby in my belly. She's going to be an individual unlike either of her 2 sisters, someone new to love and appreciate and drive me crazy :rofl: So people's comments really don't get to me and I typically either say something sassy or just smile and don't say anything, which always unnerves the commenter :) Whenever someone says something to DH about being surrounded by all girls he laughs and says that for YEARS he prayed for girls to love him and God answered it abundantly, so he considers himself lucky. Your DH sounds like he's doing really well with it too and that is fantastic, because if you have a low day he can pick you up. I really don't know what I would have done if DH had GD as badly as I did ... he was totally my rock through it.

Anyhow I hope you stick around! There were several times in my pregnancy I had to take a break from this place, but overall ... the support and encouragement from people who really do understand was invaluable. :hug2:

thanks begonia you said it well. and ido have to say this site i think has helped me get the severity of any gender disappointment that i may have had, had i NOT had you guys and read about others gGD (did that make sense). basically by reading your posts, it helped me re think things. when youre IN it tho, now i totally understand how you and others with GD felt. when youre outside its easier to think more logical.
it really is the ppl ithink for ME and also the perfectionism in me that makes the GD appear. i also feel like i failed. the thing is our family is going thru a move right now and things have really lined up for us thank God in a "lucky" sort of way. i.e. we sold our house, we found a new house fast, they accepted our offer fast, etc. so i feel like everything else went our way except for this one thing (that was the most impt for ME).
but things you guys say REALLY help anytime i start to fall again soi have to continuously thank you for all that. ;-)

gizmo77
March 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Congratulations on your healthy baby !!!!
I'm in the same boat, it seems it's girl#3 for us, but I'm coping very, very bad with it so far :(

I'm glad you're practically over GD ( if there was any?) and I love the way you think, helped me a lot.
I never wanted more then 3 ( DH wanted only 2 :rolleyes:) but I caught myself thinking about the possibility of 4th baby :p

Only thing is: what if it's a girl again? I think that might prevent me to try for #4. DH is strongly against anyway, says we can't afford another baby.

I would do IVF/PGD in a heart beat if I had money, I would go for twin boys. I even found a clinic VERY near where we live. Maybe if I get BINGO or something....

Like you said, I know I should be grateful there is no down syndrome, chromosome issues, heart abnormalities etc. My DH said it's a blasphemy that I'm so unhappy for getting a healthy child.

Can't wait your next sway :p

oh zivic, im sorry for this. but im extremely happy you and your baby are healthy! congratulations. i know its been a long raod for you too so im glad that you were able to get pg and at least have some hope. would you rather have not been able to get pg if you knew for sure this #3 was a girl? i think once you see her (like me) you will forget a lot of the GD (hopefully for me to). im up and down. what helps me is reminding myself that tehre are those out there that cnt have babies at all and/or have kids with genetic abnormalities and that ihave a great family and 2 great kids before this pg....all the good things.i hope you get there too zivic!!!

gizmo77
March 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
gizmo-congrats on your baby girl! Im sorry you didn't hear boy but it's so great you don't really have GD!
You can see Im pregnant and already thinking it's a girl for sure and it makes me very sad! really who got 5 girls?
Also I think your sway is so good and it still didn't worked so why would it work for me, right? I think some of us just can sway forever and it's not going to work for us no matter what.
Today is just bad for me...I feel very stupid trying again I should have learned already. I just hope I will be like you when I hear girl again.I don't want DG I want to be happy for a new baby.
Your DH is very nice he is right don't listen to the stupid comments.

thanks flava and CONGRATS on your pgcy! imso happy for you!!! well you dont know for sure anything yet so dont set yourself up for nothing! just behappy it happened. this was all meant to be! youre right about some of us who sway it prob wont ever happen for whatever reason. thats why i think this is mostly God;s choice..not really ours (for us where swaying doesnt help!)
goodluck!!!!

gizmo77
March 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
HGizmo, big congrats on your baby girl. As a 3 girls mom, i would say if i did remember how joyfjul a baby girl, i wouldn t ve sway ever. The moment i hold her time stopped and fall in love with that lil princess. I never did care "others" opinions. They are just others. You ll know what i mean when you get her. After 3,5 years i was completely forgot what does it mean. If i go for a 4th one, i ll hope for a boy but ll not sway. Because baby girls are too beautiful to avoid from :) When she looks at you and smiles you just forget about the gender. You are being the happiest women in the world. I am sure i would not be any happier than now if i had a baby boy. Just focus on you and your lil one.
This is to all same gender moms. The desire of your DG ll be in your heart but don t let it ruin your unique moments with your baby. She/he is gonna cure your GD.

thanks boy joy you said this really well and it made me really smile and feel stupid for even having GD. you girls know all the right thinsg to say! this is perfect and ill try to always remember this!!
thank you!

Hobbermittens
March 26th, 2012, 04:22 PM
i AM happy about DD3 but at the same time im pissed i gained all that weight and ate all that food for nothing...and had DH take all those supplemenst which didnt do anything. i truly feel its bc of his caffeine habit. he s been drinking coffee since he was like 18 (he s 36 now). bc i did everything! my pH was 8-9, i had ew, i orgasmed. it was deep penetration. i kept my blood sugar up by eating constantl;y i ate POTAOES AND BANANAS EVERYDAY!!! hahahah! i mean...carbs and protein..barely had dairy...magnesium..whatever i even decreased my nuts close to TTC.

the only thing i can think of is we DTD 3 times in a row (afternoon and night and then the following night). and it was even a waxing moon (or a full moon going to new). laptop, cellphone, microwave..etc. lemon water all day every day. weights 3 days a week.

so what was it???
I wouldn't think it was the frequency of BD. In fact, I am kicking myself for not doing it MORE than we did. Every day I find a new regret about my sway. That was the thing I wanted most (well, besides a BOY:DS: or course!!)--to have NO REGRETS about my sway, so I can say I did all I could. I definitely have regrets. :(

I think you DID do all you could. I don't think it was the caffeine. I know several people that drink a ton of caffeine and have boys. And I know people who don't drink any coffee and have girls. As for the moon, I O'ed right on the full moon and I still think my baby is a girl! You can't control all that. I don't know if I believe in ions anyway. I took short showers, burned incense, turned off all our ceiling fans, etc. and I don't think it helped!

I really think your sway was perfect. So try not to over think what you did/didn't do.

gizmo77
March 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
well you might think so and i guess i WOULD have thought it was perfect except that i didnt get the desired gender!! ;-)

i could have went back on ACV (i stopped bc it gave me the runs), i coul dhave BSF'd more i only did it once 3 days before attempt but then the following days my pH was 9ish anyway so i thought why bother and increase risk of BSF killing off sperm which is what happened i think on 1st attempt..so whatever i did there was a reason but it was just my subjective reason. my dh wasnt eating like me (he just cant). i sort of blame his eating style (i dnt tell himthis) bci feel like i did the most and followed it the most. but youre right all in all, it was perfect in my eyes did the best i could with what i thought was right at THAT time...and thats it. i get what i get!
good luck hobbers, you still wont know for sure until i you get a true gender scan and besides you have nmore of a chance since you have a boy. id kill for just ONE!!!!
;-)

Hobbermittens
March 26th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about the BSF--BS has a pH of 8. If your pH was 9, then the BSF would have brought your pH down!

begonia
March 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Gizmo I see so much of my past emotions/thoughts in you right now! After finding out my initial thought process was wondering what on earth I did "wrong" and I analyzed my sway so much that I had to delete it. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work. And the thing is there's no way of knowing... MILLIONS of sperm were there, for all you know your sway could have gotten it to where 95% of those were Y, but an X still won. And from reading your sway, it did work in that you saw all those changes... I know for sure I changed my body, but still... a girl. It was REALLY frustrating. I don't typically play games I can't win, KWIM? But you can't control this, at all... it is a gamble every time w/o pgd. Anyhow the obsession over your sway will fade, I promise.

I also had to smile because we too sold our house just prior to pg! Things lined up perfectly and we bought my dream house... literally a house I used to walk by and dream of having. Things were going so well this past year that NOT getting my DG felt THAT much harder, because it felt like things were all coming together so well, how could this not happen too? LOL. Again, for me, the sway caused me to lose focus on what mattered: having another healthy baby. The GD is crazy blinding though and will make you look past the huge blessing of another child and only see the gender, and not only that, make you think that this baby's gender is somehow the most important thing EVER. And it isn't. And while you can know that rationally it is very hard to feel it while pregnant. I think boyjoy put it all really, really well :) Her post made me smile too.

I really wanted to do pgd for awhile after finding out but dh is set against it. We'll either adopt or roll the dice again if we go for 4. I love pregnancy and L&D so the idea of doing that one more time is really appealing. Like you though, I don't know if DH would have considered a 4th had it not been for the GD I went thru with this pg. Now he's really into the idea of one more, LOL... he's totally smitten with his newest DD and doesn't want this to be our last baby. I never thought I'd have four kids but it doesn't seem so crazy to me anymore, so who knows?

Anyhow I'm glad you're posting and working through this here! Maybe we'll both go for #4 at the same time :)

gizmo77
March 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
thanks begonia, your words really soothe me and its nice to know there are others out there that feel and take things the same way as me. i do feel like i "failed" at some competition (against myself or against the odds apparently). today i feel like for those who do sway and get their desired gender were probably already likely to have their desired gender eventually even if they never swayed. for ppl like me who swayed hard core..the ultimate sway with no "mistakes" are more likely to conceive one gender only. and the odds of them getting their desired gender are just harder or less likely. i have an aunt who had like 3 or 4 girls in a row (and they wanted like tons of boys) and they just kept going and going and i think finally #5 or whatevr was a boy..then another girl..then one more boy (she had one pg where she delivered still birth a baby boy). there are ppl out there who do PGD and just cant accept an XY embryo (or XX). i DO feel like its kind of a sign...a balance perhaps that a high being only knows WHY its this way.
we are defly not in a position to keep going and going until we have one boy..thats why im thinking more and more of PGD. when i 1st heard of it i was appalled. but the more i research it today, i think why not. its available. dh thinks its just "not right." and that something may happen to the baby (birth defects from pulling cells out to test). im worried about that too, but you can hav e birth defects naturally too. at least i THINK DH may be more onboard for #4 at this point (bc of certain things he says) but we'd still have to have a discussion. well istill also want to see how life is with 3 1st myself, then decide on #4, then decide on PGD. i dont think i can sway again (like you begonia and others) and "risk" having it not work after my having gone thru all that (not that PGD will be any easier). i dont know how (i think it was) flava or TTC5 was able to come to terms with swaying again after a "failed" sway.
i mean i felt like i worked so hard. id just be working harder esply having 3 kids around. the expense of food, the weight lifting. the drinks, eating constantly. explaining to ppl im NOT pregnant (hahah). making sure DH is getting his stuff. why would it work again.
i do have to say tho that i DO like beef better (normally i was a chicken eater) and i have always liked large breakfasts (but defly not when im dieting and boy WILL i be after this princess is done cooking!..by way of breastfeeding of course!). but iim starting not to care so much about cheese. im starting to CRAVE salads. could be pregnancy related too, but i guess i did take SOMETHING from swaying..eating better. could be me getting older too. who knows. so many variants.

so honestly, im hoping dh will be up for PGD. i doubt we would adopt. i think DH is more not for that than pgd (well im not sure actually i could be wrong..but i think he d rather have "his own"). i LOVE being pregnant and L&D also..so id much rather pgd then adopt. or just try again aimlessly vs adopt. so still a long road for me but we'll see what happens when i get there.

itd defly be nice to keep in touch with all you guys and get updates. ill be interested to see you begonia, if you sway unconsciously when/if you TTC for #4 (i think i would!)

TTC5
March 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
xoxoxo for you Gizmo and KUP if you guys ever decide to go HT :) xx

gizmo77
March 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
thanks 5 and good luck to you!!!

TTC5
April 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Thankyou xxx