PDA

View Full Version : Local Monitoring?

AnnaG1
November 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hi Dr. Potter- I'm in NY.. I have 3 young children (4,3 and 1) what is the minimum number of days needed for me to cycle at HRC?
Would I have to have all monitoring appointments at HRC or could I have any local monitoring done.

Thank so much!

Persuing Lacey
November 30th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Hi Anna,

Obviously not Dr P, but I am from Australia having monitoring here at a local clinic before I leave so I can be in California minimum time as hubby will be at home struggling with 2 small boys.

I fly in on the 6th Dec out on the 15th. So all in all, 9 days in the USA plus travel time. I am not doing much bedrest as to be honest I don't believe in it. My transfer is on the 13th so I guess you could cut it even shorter to 7 days if you were really wanting to get home. You do spend alot of money on this process though so best to stay the 9 days and have no regrets. Good luck.

AnnaG1
November 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
thank you for your reply ...wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming cycle ! :)

Dr. Potter
December 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Anna,

Obviously not Dr P, but I am from Australia having monitoring here at a local clinic before I leave so I can be in California minimum time as hubby will be at home struggling with 2 small boys.

I fly in on the 6th Dec out on the 15th. So all in all, 9 days in the USA plus travel time. I am not doing much bedrest as to be honest I don't believe in it. My transfer is on the 13th so I guess you could cut it even shorter to 7 days if you were really wanting to get home. You do spend alot of money on this process though so best to stay the 9 days and have no regrets. Good luck.This is basically correct. We have patients plan on 12 days to be safe. If everything goes like clockwork 10 days is enough but you cannot count on this. Patient respond to the medications at different rates.