PDA

View Full Version : Sneakpeek test

Mamatoblue
October 3rd, 2018, 12:27 PM
Just did the sneakpeek gender test and it said Boy. Swayed for a girl. I feel guilty for being disappointed. Sneakpeek claims 99% accuracy. Has anyone had inaccurate results recently?

atomic sagebrush
October 3rd, 2018, 01:05 PM
You can read lots of opposites on the Sneak Peek in their Amazon reviews! https://www.amazon.com/SneakPeek-Early-Gender-Prediction-Test/dp/B016201HCG?th=1#customerReviews

SummerHope
October 8th, 2018, 10:52 PM
I know of 2 people off the top of my head who the sneakpeek was wrong for...One person's test result said girl and it was a boy and the other person had sneakpeek say boy and her baby was a girl! I would definitely wait and see what your ultrasound says, I would honestly only trust a blood test from the doctors office to be 99.9% (specifically talking about NIPT tests) I think those online tests are largely a scam but thats just my opinion.

JJ66
October 25th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I just did the SP test, and it also said blue. I know there are cases of inaccuracy, but nevertheless, my heart sank quite a bit. Perhaps with 4 males in the house there was contamination, or, since I've had 3 boys there's some DNA lingering? Is that possible after 2-3 years? Either way, I was foolishly feeling "girl" for the first time ever, and this sort of just squashed all of that. Not 100% trusting of the results, but this was probably the realistic swift kick in the a*s to prepare me for a boy.

And, sorry to hijack your thread in any way.

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2018, 06:41 PM
It would be from the contamination OR they could have gotten your test mixed up. we have no way of knowing about the chain of custody when they're retrieving people's DNA through the mail. It's not like a lab in a hospital where everything is labeled right in front of you and they're super cautious not to get people's stuff mixed up...we just don't know what their protocols are.

JJ66
October 25th, 2018, 06:59 PM
It would be from the contamination OR they could have gotten your test mixed up. we have no way of knowing about the chain of custody when they're retrieving people's DNA through the mail. It's not like a lab in a hospital where everything is labeled right in front of you and they're super cautious not to get people's stuff mixed up...we just don't know what their protocols are.

That's true, too. But ugh, I was really hoping to see otherwise in those results.