PDA

View Full Version : Feel like giving up. What's the point?

NeedAGirl!
November 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Today a co-worker out of the blue said to me "I don't want to jinx you but I think you are going to be just like my sister. She wanted a daughter so bad but she has 3 boys."

I have been on the sway diet for 6 weeks, wasting away, popping supplements, starving myself on Thanksgiving. Our first attempt is supposed to be in about 2 and 1/2 weeks. I just want to go eat a large pizza. Why am I even trying???

nuthinbutpink
November 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Well, the point is it may work for you! You've come this far so don't quit now! She said that because she does NOT want you to get what you want. She is rooting against you I'm certain. Avoid that kind of energy completely. She is of no value to you.

You can do this!

pinkin2011
November 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I feel the exact same way , my d/h side are pretty much all boys and d/h has three brothers my MIL knows how bad i want a girl and she keeps saying why are you even doing this to yourself its just not going to happen. I even said i like such and such for a girl as in a name and she said dont even go there .... Makes me so mad i want to prove everyone wrong but its soooo hard sticking to this when you get negative comments all the time and as you said we just think .. whats the point in all this then. BUT stick with it your only 2 and a half weeks away at trying you can do it you have come this far why not just try and up your chances and hope you can prove everyone wrong too! My attempt is not until January how I am going to get thru xmas gee i dont know!!!

TTC5
November 30th, 2011, 07:20 PM
You have just as much chance if not MORE of it working than it not working :D

CapricornAquarius
November 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I to had a gf that said to me if you go for a 3rd i think you'll get another girl, what a bitch thats why she's no longer my friend among other things she had said to me.

But i went for it anyway, & she will never know what i have cause ive since moved to anothet state, but gees if this is a boy inside me i would love to rub it in her face.

Dont give up now, you've come too far.

Cinss
November 30th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The old saying holds true - "Better to have tried and failed, than to have never tried at all".

zanacal
December 1st, 2011, 05:58 AM
The old saying holds true - "Better to have tried and failed, than to have never tried at all".

This is why I had to do it!

puppydogstails
December 1st, 2011, 07:00 AM

:agree:

Think how wonderful it would be to prove her wrong!!!! Give it your all girl!! :)

envisioned
December 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Seriously what the hell is wrong with people? Do they not have filters? Like what part of that comment coming out of her mouth could have possibly made you feel better other than "I hope you get your girl!".

My MIL is no better. She's like "Well if you go for a 3rd you may wind up with another girl. That's why we didn't go for one because FIL didn't want all boys". (She had 2 boys).
I'm like wouldn't a better line be "I hope you get your boy because I would love a Grandson!"

Truly. Just any sense of thought.

NeedAGirl!
December 1st, 2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks gals. Well, I didnt go out an eat a pizza. I burst into tears when I got home from work but somehow pulled it together and stayed with it. I really dont know how I am going to take it if I do get boy #3. Of course I will love him but DS#2 is almost 5. I dont think I can take this GD any longer!

begonia
December 1st, 2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks gals. Well, I didnt go out an eat a pizza. I burst into tears when I got home from work but somehow pulled it together and stayed with it. I really dont know how I am going to take it if I do get boy #3. Of course I will love him but DS#2 is almost 5. I dont think I can take this GD any longer!

Oh hun, big ol' hugs. It's a tough place. I went for #3 and didn't end up with my desired gender (I have 2 DD and am expecting my 3rd ... I always wanted boys) and I won't lie, it's been extremely hard. Like you say, of course you'd love another boy ... I will adore this next daughter ... but I'll still have GD. It has gotten progressively worse with each DD because it just feels magnified by each additional child that isn't my desired gender. I know I don't have to explain that I absolutely adore my girls, I wouldn't trade them for all the boys in the world just as I'm sure you'd never change your sons. But my heart has always wanted a son and out of 3 children, I didn't get one. It's a longing that will always be there :(

So it is a roll of the dice, but unless you try you can't get what you want .... at least by trying you have one more shot. You could have your girl you know! But if it doesn't turn out how you hope, with a DD, it still yields another brother for your boys to love, another child for you to adore ... it's still a win, really, but the cloud of GD can make that very hard to see at times.

Re: the age gap and your DS2 being almost 5, I did mention it on another thread but it can be so sweet to have another baby around after a gap. Your boys will have such a neat experience, getting to really teach her (FX!) things. All the firsts like smiles, giggles, etc will feel so fresh to you again. Yes, it is a bit of a pain to go back to diapers, etc, but really... time flies. Your #3 will be in school in no time and you'll wonder where it all went, KWIM :) And in the grand scheme of sibling relationships (since they'll be adults MUCH longer than children!) 5 years is nothing!

auroara78
December 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
My friend, who is really blunt, told me "Hunny, your hubby only shoots boys, why bother?"

I was so mad. I told her that i still thought it was worth a try, and I do believe that...and that's so ignorant for people to say!

Cinss
December 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM
My DP's 'friend' tells him "you dont have a boy in you" I was outraged when i heard these words come out of his mouth.

CapricornAquarius
December 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM

Exactly!!

zanacal
December 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
A woman at my work told me that 'some men only make sperm of one type' - I can't wait to tell her our news after Christmas!!

auroara78
December 8th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Yay Zan!!!

that's so not true....it has been proven time and time again...men make almost equal numbers of x or y sperm...grrr

Iris_star
December 29th, 2011, 04:36 AM
sending huge hugs hun what an insensitive moo!!! keep positive hunni xxxxxxxx

grasshopper
December 29th, 2011, 08:55 AM
People say the strangest things don't they. I think when people make dumb comments like that we should tell them how ridiculous they sound.
Seriously...what on earth would make her think she is qualified to make such an odd prediction when she obviously only knows one other person who has been in a similar situation. Based on that everyone is an expert.
I would try not to take too much notice of narrow-minded Know-It-Alls. There is at least one in every workplace/community.

ynwa
December 29th, 2011, 09:15 AM
i to have been told this by a co worker,(who has 1 dd and doesnt want anymore)it really upset me but hey if we dont try we will 100% not get a dd!if we try look at our odds;,)

atomic sagebrush
December 31st, 2011, 09:00 PM
All you ever have to do in that sitch to shut people up is to use the Duggars as an example. They have a long chain of PP, a long chain of boys, then a long chain of girls and ALL those long chains are more kids than ANY of us have!

People act like you're doomed after 2 kids of the same gender but it just isn't true!

auroara78
January 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
I think the Duggars are a perfect example of sometimes same genders coming in rows, I've looked and saw how they had like 3-4 boys in a row, then 4 girls in a row, and as Atomic said, a few girl boy girl boy, etc, I do think it's interesting how many more girls are towards the end, with her maternal age advancing

girlmom
January 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
i got the same thing, "you know its just another girl, why bother?" but i have a long string of girls too and im early 30's. odds say this one has to be a boy right? my last boy sway resulted in twin girls so im kinda discouraged with swaying.

Muls
January 13th, 2012, 07:57 PM
It's all worth it - you have to try:), I tried to sway and was unsuccessful and will be having DS4 in June it made me mad, upset and I thought oh my god that stupid diet that I was starving on didn't do a thing but I have since decided that I am thrilled to be considering PGD in 2013 and will have 5 children instead of 4 and will hopefully get my girl that way :)