PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever experienced really long menstral periods whilst swaying for a girl?

OneLastDream
January 14th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Has anyone ever experienced really long periods whilst swaying for a girl? Mine normally last 3 to 4 days - longest 5 and I am now on day 9 with tummy cramps etc - starting to think it must be something awful as have never happened to me before - any help at all would be great - thanks so much x

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2011, 07:49 AM
What all are you taking?

OneLastDream
January 14th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Probiotic Acidophilus (with pectin), Cranberry, Magnesium, Saw Palmetto, Folic Acid, Zinc, Calcium (with vit D) was taking Vit C but read somewhere not to so I stopped. Will all these effect my periods?

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I don't know if any of those could cause it but just reading online about it-

Stress, change in diet or exercise routine, recent weight loss or weight gain, travel, or illness
A change in hormone levels is a common cause of abnormal menstrual bleeding

Maybe just everything you are doing is a lot on your body. Hopefully Atomic or Viene will chime in.

OneLastDream
January 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Thank you - I have had major changes in diet - havent done any exercise as I wouldnt be able to do an hour at least 6 times a week, I have lost around 2 stone, and I suppose I have been changing my hormone levels by doing everything the past few months - wish there was an easy test to check testosterone and progesterone etc! Would be great if Atomic or Viene have any more info - thanks so much

OneLastDream
January 15th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Does anyone else have any ideas? I am on day 10 now and still going??? I dont want to stop all my swaying - was wondering if Evening Primrose would help??? Thanks

Viene
January 15th, 2011, 10:59 AM
It is quite possible that it has something to do with the saw palmetto, and if that is the case then it means it is doing what it is supposed to. During AF, estrogen is lower so the saw palmetto might be keeping it lower and slower to increase back to high enough levels for the bleeding to cease. Is it super heavy or just kind of scant and hanging around?

OneLastDream
January 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Its not super heavy just normal and bright red really - not scant either. It did go to stop around 5 days ago and stopped for around 4 hours ish and then started again along with a really weird clot (sorry tmi) - if its the saw palmetto does that mean it wont actually stop?? If so is there another why I can test my ph?

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I think (and I would say with 99% certainty) that it's the cranberry. You are probably like me and you are very susceptible to bleeding when taking blood thinners. I had the exact same experience just from eating two cloves of fresh garlic on my period!!! Even right down to the stopping and starting.

I would stop the cranberry right away and give your body a break from it for a bit. See if it helps. It may not be wise for you to take cranberry more than twice a week or so or even at all, because if it causes this kind of bleeding with your cycle, it can cause it in other places too, like your brain.

Please stop the cranberry right away and don't start taking it again until we get to the bottom of this.

OneLastDream
January 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi thanks - have stopped taking the cranberry - is it still ok to drink cranberry juice? I take it thats fine as its not the same concentrate.

OneLastDream
January 19th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Hi just to let you know I stopped bleeding yesterday - the third day of no cranberry supplements - would it happen that quickly? X

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I think it absolutely could (but of course your period was due to end anyway so may just be a coincidence). I'm so thankful that you stopped bleeding...if you do choose to do cran in future, you may want to start off taking one every two days and see how you tolerate that.

OneLastDream
January 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all your help. I am not sure that I will and dh really doesn't want me too - just need to find something else to lower my ph as it's crept back up! Thanks again

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Does aspartame work for you at all?

OneLastDream
January 20th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I tried it last month and am sure it upped my ph but in process of trying again - replens worked a bit but didn't keep it down for long

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
How long is not long on the Replens?? Also, RePhresh is the stuff that is REALLY good at lowering pH>

OneLastDream
January 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
lowered it for a few hours (about 3). The cranberry pills were definitely the cause of the bleeding as I thought I would take just one to see if it affected me then in the shower this morning I was checking my cervix position and (sorry this is tmi!) but I got a bit of blood on my finger as if I would be starting my period again. I am not going to go near them again - its not worth the risk of what other bleeding they may cause. I am really grateful for all yours and everyones help and knowledge. Thank you

Viene
January 21st, 2011, 07:53 PM
Blood is more alkaline and it can increase your pH for a couple days after bleeding has stoppped.

OneLastDream
January 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ah ok thank you

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Totally! Great point Viene! You prob. can't yet know what your pH really is...give it another day or two and check pH and see if it's lower than before.

Also, could you reapply Replens to keep your pH down? Every three hours would be kind of a PITA though.

OneLastDream
January 22nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I am going to try rephresh - am not sure why i thought I couldnt get it here because apparently boots sell it so am going tomorrow to get some - I think I must have been thinking of acijel. I wasnt sure how often I could reapply replens. When you take the antihistamines to dry up CM how do you then test ph?? I hope I am not the only person on here who asks so many questions!! Sorry!!

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
I LOVE the questions because you guys think of things that I don't.

Yes, Acijel is the stuff that's so hard to come by.

You probably won't be able to test pH during the days you use the antihistamine. That's actually a GOOD thing. If you have enough CM to test pH, that means that up inside the Fallopian tubes, you are churning out lots and lots of CM and it is ALWAYS more alkaline around O.

Honestly, I am not 100% sure on the Replens/Rephresh. Let me do a little research and get back to you on that one.