PDA

View Full Version : glad I can come here and share and hear others' similar struggles

4devochki
December 1st, 2011, 03:22 AM
No one in real life can understand why I'm longing for another child, and a boy. In my environment, to have more than 2, MAYBE 3 kids is seen as lunacy (we have 4), and to favor one gender over another (especially boys over girls) as mentally ill and morally wrong. So I don't share this with anyone. DH doesn't get it and tactfully just avoids responding if I bring it up in moments of despair. I love our 4 girls, and love them more as they grow, but my life at 45 is seeming very finite and I cannot believe it's going to end without me raising the son that I dream of.

Anyway, I've just been feeling very teary and hopeless with this in the last couple of days and wanted to put it out there. Thanks for listening and sharing.

puppydogstails
December 1st, 2011, 07:03 AM
Sorry your feeling down honey. :( The heart wants what it wants.... Hope you can feel better soon. hugs!

nuthinbutpink
December 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
Lots of us understand. Feel free to share.

begonia
December 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Oh 4D, I think you'll definitely find support here. Many of us understand...like you I'm a girl mom longing for a son. We are expecting our 3rd daughter. I know my GD comes in phases; there were 2 days last week where like you, I was just teary and hopeless; it was embarrassing because I would start crying and we had all our family here with us, and I couldn't seem to stop it. But this week has been much better. I hope you start having some easier days soon.

Out of the Blue
December 1st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Sending you heaps of HUGS and :HH:...You've come to the right place! We understand...