PDA

View Full Version : wondfo opks

djmommy
October 9th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Is anyone a consistent wondfo opk user? I have used them in the past and thought they worked pretty well for me. I started using them last week and they have been staying/drying dark, sometimes positive. So I found a sheet with directions and it says to read results after 5 min and if you read later it can cause a false positive. So now I'm wondering if I've been driving myself crazy thinking these are staying positive. They have all been really dark at 5.min prob but possibly not positive.

pic is at 5 min then at 30 min

atomic sagebrush
October 9th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Augh! I swear these guys make the directions different with every batch!

djmommy
October 9th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Atomic, I don't remember ever reading not to read after 5 min and I also.dont remember them always being so super dark after a while....hmmmmmmmm

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2018, 03:01 PM
I have noticed that there's a new set of directions lately. I don't know if htey're making them any different or if just the directions are different. Interesting that they seem overall darker, that makes me suspicious of them too.

djmommy
October 14th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Hey Atomic. So again, not sure if or when I ovulatedbut can you just check out my BD pattern to see if I am covered . Like is every 4d Sun then Wed or Sun and then Thurs. What are the actual chances of conception from O+3?

djmommy
October 14th, 2018, 11:05 AM
https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2FFertilityFriend.com%2Fhome% 2F26f267%2F

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2018, 09:55 AM
For best odds of conception you do e4d Sun/Wed. For best odds of pink, lower odds of conception, do it in the Sun/Thurs (but I think you should be on Sun/Wed)

I honestly can't tell from your chart if you were in with a good attempt because I am not sure when you ovulated in relation to those BD. Just not enough temps for me.

O-3 is not great odds of conception so that's why we would have you BD again on O Day in that scenario. The thing about e4d is, it's not only about being in with attempt on a particular day in relation to O. It's because many MANY times people are incorrect about when they Oed and so they'd go on forever thinking they were really doing O-1 when they were really doing O-3 or O+1...does that make sense?? We don't want you in with O-3 attempt per se, we want to introduce some randomness into the mix and by BD every 4 days we can luck our way into a well timed attempt when if we tried to micromanage, we very well may end up BD at totally the wrong time (and this does happen to people all the time).

djmommy
October 15th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Yes I totally understand. thank you. As far as temps go...it just isn't working right now with baby waking. I'm usually awake laying there for a bit before I can actually temp. It's so hard with these opks so I cant confirm O at all....sigh.
Just trying to keep up with e4d as best I can

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2018, 04:28 PM
:heart: I completely understand - I have whole years there with only the fuzziest memories due to babies waking in the night - becuase once I wake up, I can't sleep! So exhausting!!!

Any chance of the nightime temping? Less reliable, but you often can still see the pattern.

djmommy
October 15th, 2018, 04:33 PM
I can definitely try. Would it have to be the same time? laying still?

djmommy
October 15th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Yea it takes forever to get back to sleep!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Yep every time they wake up I end up awake half the night! Ugh!

djmommy
October 16th, 2018, 01:23 PM
me too!!

So as far as nighttime temping do I have to do at the same time each night do I have to lay still for a certain time how does that work?

djmommy
October 16th, 2018, 03:43 PM
So not sure if you will see this Atomic today, but this is today's opk (Im sure you are sick of me posting about them, cause I am...lol) but tonite would be e4d to BD. Should I stick with that or wait in hopes of it being darker tomorrow? After all this time don't want to miss anything

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2018, 12:30 PM
No you don't have to lay still at all. Just pick a time of night that you normally haven't just done a bunch of activity, haven't just eaten or drank anything (and it's more important to do it at the same time every night than to avoid activity, so if something happens and you have had activity, temp at the same time anyway)

Then take your temp. The variations will normally be much smaller and it may be that FF is not even able to give you crosshairs on your chart but most of the time we can pick out the pattern anywya.

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2018, 12:34 PM
So sorry only just now saw this - I want you to keep going with the e4d pattern when doing e4d pattern. I don't want you guys changing the e4d days for any reason becuase we often end up outwitting ourselves having attempt on a day we assume will be better when it is oftentimes worse.

Now, if you want to boost odds of conception, tomorrow (well, today now) you can have another attempt on top of the e4d but the key to the e4d is to just do it as a pattern without changing the days because none of us know at all what day is the best to DTD on for conception. We need that element of chance in the mix so we will hopefully not be outwitting ourselves month after month having attempt on pos OPK when maybe for us the day before or after would be better.

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2018, 01:00 PM
So sorry only just now saw this - I want you to keep going with the e4d pattern when doing e4d pattern. I don't want you guys changing the e4d days for any reason becuase we often end up outwitting ourselves having attempt on a day we assume will be better when it is oftentimes worse.

Now, if you want to boost odds of conception, tomorrow (well, today now) you can have another attempt on top of the e4d but the key to the e4d is to just do it as a pattern without changing the days because none of us know at all what day is the best to DTD on for conception. We need that element of chance in the mix so we will hopefully not be outwitting ourselves month after month having attempt on pos OPK when maybe for us the day before or after would be better.

djmommy
October 17th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I think this is so helpful for me because the opks are making me super frustrated. The e4d takes the guesswork out but I'm just so worried I will miss my window. I don't have a whole lot of time on my side. I just never thought it would take my body so.long to get back to normal. I had the d&c over 4 months ago and haven't had a normal cycle and scared because of my age it's over :(

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2018, 07:21 PM
The stress doesn't help though. I know it's one of those stupid catchalls people will say "oh the stress" (bleah!) BUT when it comes to ovulation, there is something to it. It's just this low level stress always there in the background and your body definitely senses it, even though it doesn't know why.

I was advising someone in a similar position and what I started having them do was having TWO attempts (this is instead of doing the e4d plus one.) So they'd attempt Monday/Tuesday, then count the e4d from TUESDAY instead of Monday. This way you'll be in with two attempts some of the days.

Mon/Tues
Fri/Sat
Tues/Wed
Sat/Sun
Wed/Thurs

I don't know if that would help alleviate stress, but it does seem to me to be a way to do e4d plus one without the stress of the OPK

If you really wanted to bump it up with odds of conception you could do e4d and 2 attempts without moving the day u count the e4d from.

Mon/Tues
Thurs/Fri
Sun/Mon
Wed/Sat

This feels riskier to me because it will be 3 attempts potentially, but it would be a good chance of conception.

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2018, 07:21 PM
The stress doesn't help though. I know it's one of those stupid catchalls people will say "oh the stress" (bleah!) BUT when it comes to ovulation, there is something to it. It's just this low level stress always there in the background and your body definitely senses it, even though it doesn't know why.

I was advising someone in a similar position and what I started having them do was having TWO attempts (this is instead of doing the e4d plus one.) So they'd attempt Monday/Tuesday, then count the e4d from TUESDAY instead of Monday. This way you'll be in with two attempts some of the days.

Mon/Tues
Fri/Sat
Tues/Wed
Sat/Sun
Wed/Thurs

I don't know if that would help alleviate stress, but it does seem to me to be a way to do e4d plus one without the stress of the OPK

If you really wanted to bump it up with odds of conception you could do e4d and 2 attempts without moving the day u count the e4d from.

Mon/Tues
Thurs/Fri
Sun/Mon
Wed/Sat

This feels riskier to me because it will be 3 attempts potentially, but it would be a good chance of conception.

djmommy
October 19th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I could try doing that but honestly it's hard keeping up with e4d sometimes. We have to sneak and rush with these kiddos..lol
thank you

Ice been temping the best I can, same time at night and same time am even though it's very broken sleep to see if I can notice a pattern.

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Ah yes, I totally understand that!

You're keeping two diff. charts though right?? keep the morning and evening temps on two different charts.

djmommy
October 20th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Well I don't have 2 charts but I'm keeping a log of the night temps and my chart for am temps. so strange my temp at night has been 96.70 and 97.05.....so low right?

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Some of us just run cool that way - what we're looking for is that pattern and seeing if the overall pattern (not the temps themselves) are similar in how they rise and fall and rise as the morning temps are.

djmommy
October 22nd, 2018, 11:34 AM
I think I had a real positive opk, meaning test line finally darker than control Thurs. Fri is was still kinda positive. I was having minimal o cramps Fri, Sat, a little yesterday and today. A had a temp shift last night for night temps and actually this morning. I know I have to wait for 3 sustained higher temps but I normally only have o cramps one day. Ugh..Could it be my body STILL trying to ovulate?
I can post my chart but it may not help much idk. we can't BD tonight so last BD was Sat.:

djmommy
October 22nd, 2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2FFertilityFriend.com%2Fhome% 2F26f267%2F

djmommy
October 23rd, 2018, 03:17 PM
and why do I still have a positive opk!
Ahhhhhhh..I feel so done!40619

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2018, 04:10 PM
Hmm...yes, it does look potentially ovulatory esp. with the pos OPK.

Are you on the PCOS type diet?

djmommy
October 23rd, 2018, 04:35 PM
no pcos diet. Ive.never even had pcos or even had concerns??? Can it just happen?

djmommy
October 23rd, 2018, 04:36 PM
I think maybe I ovulated on Sunday Cycle day 39 cuz that's where my temp went low and then the next morning I had a pretty good rise, but all these positive opk's are totally confusing the heck out of me

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2018, 01:42 PM
no pcos diet. Ive.never even had pcos or even had concerns??? Can it just happen?

Yes as we get older it is more likely we will develop tendencies that way. I suggest trying the atomic fertility diet and seeing if that helps with the OPK issue, since PCOS tendencies can make for many days of pos OPK (and it's better for egg quality too!!) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-girl-best-practices/1865-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-1-blood-sugar-issues.html

djmommy
October 29th, 2018, 07:36 AM
I think I may try and look into the diet because I'm so confused right now. I woke up Sat and thought I was either 6 or 8 dpo, although can't confirm O and I had light pink spotting and very minimal cramps and Sun had more spotting, it was darker red so I figured AF was definitely on the way. Spotting stopped last night. Today nothing. My cycles are always heavy and crampy and last 6-7 days with the last day or so spotting? I've never had a period so minimal or short? I feel like my body is just crazy :(

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Could be implantation spotting or spotting from the secondary estrogen surge. It does hapen with some regularity (has happened to me from SES) and may be a sign that you made a really good level of hormones this month. Not a bad thing!

djmommy
October 29th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Well of course I took a test BFN. Yesterday was darker red so I thought it was AF starting. Would Implantation spotting be red? There was no flow mainly when I wiped and some on a pantyliner. Does that sound like an estrogen surge or Would I consider it AF?

djmommy
October 30th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Well, seems like AF. Started spotting dark red and light flow :(. So strange because my temp was the highest it's been the whole month today

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Well of course I took a test BFN. Yesterday was darker red so I thought it was AF starting. Would Implantation spotting be red? There was no flow mainly when I wiped and some on a pantyliner. Does that sound like an estrogen surge or Would I consider it AF?

Just to answer this q even though I see you may be getting AF - what happens with secondary estrogen surge sometimes is that you will have bleeding from your cervix (because the estrogen makes your cervix get softer) and that will be red in color. Implantation bleeding or midcycle spotting is usually more pink or brown but when the bleeding comes from a cervical injury (that due to estrogen is more likely to happen at that part of the cycle or around ovulation) it only has to travel a short way so it can still produce red spotting since the blood won't be diluted or oxidized.

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Well, seems like AF. Started spotting dark red and light flow :(. So strange because my temp was the highest it's been the whole month today

You can have implantation spotting before you will get a BFP though.

You can be pregnant with even heavy bleeding. Rememeber I had what I thought was a full on 5 day period and came out of it wiht a baby at the end.

Let's keep an eye on things. That is a big temp rise there, and I"m not sure you're out just yet.

djmommy
October 30th, 2018, 02:42 PM
it's just so strange. tmi but it's dark red with ewcm

hopefully nothing is tmi for you..lol..lol

djmommy
October 31st, 2018, 09:16 AM
Well my battery died in my thermometer this morning! ha
But this is just strange. yesterday evening and all night the spotting pretty much stopped it was totally nothing and now this morning I have a little bit of spotting I don't get it. Maybe it's just a weird cycle I have no idea

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2018, 11:15 AM
Do you have a pregnancy test on hand?

Yeah the battery dying of course casts some doubts as to the accuracy of your recent temps.

djmommy
November 1st, 2018, 11:39 AM
I.dont. It stops at night then in the am there's spotting. yesterday was thick slimy (yuck) with a lot of ewcm.
U think I should pick one up?

djmommy
November 1st, 2018, 07:25 PM

great fortune, right!!

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
I.dont. It stops at night then in the am there's spotting. yesterday was thick slimy (yuck) with a lot of ewcm.
U think I should pick one up?

Yes I do think you should test.

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2018, 01:46 PM
great fortune, right!!

The month I got pregnant with my daughter, I only tested because I got a fortune that said "something small will be headed your way soon!" (hang onto that fortune, it will look adorable in your baby book)

djmommy
November 2nd, 2018, 02:30 PM
I am so scared to test..ugh..
DH said the other day he thinks we should start trying to use protection ��������
I may wait a lil bit and see how I feel. I'm feeling sad that this chance may be over now

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2018, 04:07 PM
There is no harm in waiting. Thinking of you - hoping that DH changes his mind.

djmommy
November 3rd, 2018, 09:54 AM
Well, test was negative this morning..cry...cry.
I wonder if it is a strange AT? Or maybe I didn't ovulate at all? I'm so sad

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Keep having unprotected sex whenever DH is willing. That's the best course of action.

djmommy
November 15th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Just want to say thank you for all your help Atomic through all of my craziness!. I have decided to respect DH's wishes and no more thoughts about TTC. My family was really sick the last week and I have realized lots of things throughout the situation and that I also don't have the help and support that I really desire from DH either. When I first came here I was having unexplained infertility and am thankful to have had 2 healthy amazing babies, including my sweet daughter since joining. I also think my body is still trying to get regulated after the miscarriage and that alone is stressful so I leave things in the Lord's hands, after all I believe God is in control anyway and I can not control any of this and need to focus on my beautiful family as I do still mourn for the sweet soul that I recently lost.

thank you again for all you do and your support and wisdom

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Aww DJ - I totally understand every word - both how hard it is and yet at the same time it's hard to let go of the dream and thinking of the baby who couldn't stay. Just know we are all thinking of you and wishing you and your beautiful family all the best - and please do stop by and let us know how it's going from time to time! :heart:

djmommy
November 30th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Thanks Atomic!!��

Gah!! This is so hard!! I really want another baby!! I try not to think about it so much but it is always on my mind. I think I actually had a normal 30 cycle last month and semi normal AF. I'm on CD 5 and still having such a strong desire. I will just go with the flow and pray pray pray that the Lord sees the desires of my heart.

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2018, 04:58 PM
OH DJ I've been thinking about you - :pray: that what is meant to be will be soon, and that you find peace.

djmommy
November 30th, 2018, 08:26 PM
thanks so much, as always! I appreciate you ����

djmommy
December 7th, 2018, 10:36 AM
So I just have a quick question. Is it even possible to ovulate so early, like CD 6? I think I must have really ovulated last month because I had a 30 day cycle. I had just finished AF and had some EWCM so I had some opks I took and it was dark. I just decided to temp the next day to see where it was was and it seems like I did ovulate.
Gosh why so early?? Can it even be a good egg? lol

here is my chart

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26f267

djmommy
December 7th, 2018, 10:41 AM
this was the opk

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2018, 02:14 PM
I"m not seeing a current chart from this month on that link.

It's probably a false positive. It's not unusual to get false positives around your period. Anything is possible but I have never seen anyone legitimately o before CD 8.

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2018, 02:14 PM
^^^ and that was one time, and even then I was skeptical LOL. CD9-10 I've seen a large handful of times, but it's not common.

djmommy
December 8th, 2018, 02:26 PM
yea I didn't think so either. My temps are throwing me off. They have been between 98.1 -98.5. They have always been below 98 pre O.
O well...my cycle is still crazy..lol

there is not much to my chart just the temps are higher as if I Od!

atomic sagebrush
December 9th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Keep me posted - if you really have a cycle that short we may want to have you see the OB because they generally want to investigate anything shorter than 21 days (even if you're not TTC)

djmommy
December 9th, 2018, 05:08 PM
ok I'll keep u posted. Could it be a fluke cycle or something else?
Thanks

djmommy
December 10th, 2018, 04:26 PM
I feel like I keep getting crushed. My temps are usually never consistently high like this unless I was preggo.
Such a tease
Maybe good progesterone finally...idk!!

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2018, 04:11 PM
I know, the (hopefully not) false signals our body sends us really suck. :/

djmommy
December 12th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Yes totally!!!! Not fair.
I assume I have ovulated. opks have been very very negative since that one time and I have been trying to be consistent taking my temp at least at the same time everyday regardless of sleep. They are still high. gosh I am praying for a chance!!!!
40882out

djmommy
December 13th, 2018, 07:20 AM
Well that was short lived hope.
Spotting last night...18 day cycle. :(

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Is it just spotting or has AF come in earnest???

I think that may need to be addressed by a doc to be sure there's not anythign else going on. Short cycles can be really hard on you and they may be able to give something to get them more normalized.

djmommy
December 14th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Definitely AF :(
Should I wait another cycle and see what happens. I'm looking back at my charts and the cycle before I conceived my daughter I had a short cycle, like 18 days.40894

djmommy
December 14th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Definitely AF :(
Should I wait another cycle and see what happens. I'm looking back at my charts and the cycle before I conceived my daughter I had a short cycle, like 19 days.

djmommy
December 14th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Sorry don't know why that posted twice.
It's strange too, My temps are still in the 98 range so far. 98.2-98.3
My friend suggested I am heading into menopause. cry!
not what you want to hear when you want another baby

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Oh, people love to trot out the "M" word.

Remember you got pregnant after that short cycle before! We've had LOTS of people get a temporarily short cycle and then it fixes itself. It's not at all uncommon, I just like to err on the side of caution where you guys are concerned and call in the doctors for their opinion when it seems warranted.

djmommy
December 16th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Thanks! I will see how this next cycle goes.
So much for not TTC..lol.I just want a chance to have a normal cycle with ovulation and pray it happens. Seems like I haven't had a normal cycle really as of yet. Really hoping my body can work this out on its own.

atomic sagebrush
December 17th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Me too. :heart: please let me know how I can help!

djmommy
December 19th, 2018, 08:43 AM
You know I will!!!!

Thanks so much��

djmommy
December 26th, 2018, 03:25 PM
just wondering if restless sleep, as in frequent waking, cause bbt higher or lower. I've been trying to temp to see what has been going on and looking for normalcy and my temps last (crazy short) cycle were higher than they have ever been and I think I ovulated on CD 11 this cycle and my temps are high already. Guess I'm looking for a shift right?

atomic sagebrush
December 28th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Yes waking up a lot an really mess with temps. But that does look like a very clear shift to me!

djmommy
December 28th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Yes it seemed like a shift. They have been steady at 98.5 98.6 so I assume the night waking is making them higher than normal. I try to temp at the same time each day..I guess after O I don't really need to.temp any more

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Well, I like you guys to keep temping in case of stairstep rises where there's a shift but no O, then another shift, etc til eventually there's another shift with O and temps are at the highest point of the month.

djmommy
January 9th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Well obviously AF came again!! I was so convinced In was going to be pregnant, again. I had no symptoms, as far as moody and anger, but hot and cold flashes. ugh. I am.totally irritable and moody now though.
It wasn't as heavy as usual at all either.

today is CD 5. I'm going to cry if I have another cycle where I supposedly O on CD 6 or 7 or 8.
I'll test opk again later though

and I feel like I can not trust my temps at ALL! I woke up this morning, I noticed I was breathing with my mouth open so said let me see how low it is when I breathe like that.
It was 98.5!! So frustrating.
I feel like I'm holding to a dream that will.never be :(41000600k

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Can you temp vaginally??

djmommy
January 10th, 2019, 07:34 AM
So.I did that this morning and guess what my temp was, 98.5!!
I'm lost. Maybe I'm up too much to temp accurately but that is not a pre O temp for me at all :(.

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Right but you can't compare VJ temps to mouth temps. They'll be different. That is ok, remember you're looking at the overall pattern and not the actual temps themselves.

djmommy
January 10th, 2019, 05:43 PM
I'll see what the next week brings. I mean I cant.imagine I ovulated! I just want to be pregnant already!!!!

djmommy
January 13th, 2019, 01:17 PM
I still have light brown spotting. Cd 8 and today is cd 9 had brown cm?
Normal?

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2019, 05:01 PM
It's not unusual. As ovulation approaches you make EWCM that can combine with any leftover old blood and make a little leftover look like a LOT, and/or the cervix gets softer and more easiy injured so a tiny owie you'd never notice otherwise can combine with the EWCM and again, make a small amount of blood seem like more.

djmommy
January 13th, 2019, 05:23 PM
ok thanks!!!

djmommy
January 14th, 2019, 10:16 AM
so strange that I have light spotting again today. I have never had it this long. its light pink.
We did hace sex last night but I have never spotted after that before.

djmommy
January 14th, 2019, 11:07 AM
tmi today

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Hmm yes that is pretty peculiar, more heavy than I'd expect for leftovers.

Have you ever been checked for cervical erosion?

djmommy
January 14th, 2019, 01:38 PM
no what's that?
Ugh I just want to cry!!!
At this rate ill never get pregnant.it has not been like that anymore yet today but seriously!!

djmommy
January 14th, 2019, 01:50 PM
so of course I googled it and it dies seem rather harmless but I wonder if my estrogen is too.high, although I havent had much ewcm.
I feel like such a mess. I will be 43 Thursday and I just want to have one last baby. I know how blessed I am to have 4 amazing and healthy children. I just adore them so. I.dont even really have a gender preference. My 3 DS is the best little guy and I couldnt imagine life without him. I would gladly take more lol
I mean we arent trying well DH isnt but we are having unprotected sex praying for a miracle. I just dont know anymore. Am I being wrong but praying for it. I mean I'm not forcing him.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2019, 02:29 PM
It is, it's pretty harmless and not a big deal but it can cause some bleeding like that.

My thinking is this: any guy who shows up to have unprotected sex in a committed marital relationship knows what he is getting into and it is ok for us to hope and pray for an oopsie. I do not know what the future holds for you but I think that for some of us, the hoping and praying can eventually transition into us being ok either way. For some of us, that "I still hope this happens one more time" can be a little bit of something to lean on while we work on getting our hearts and heads right in case it doesn't. As long as you don't let that hope and prayer turn into something that takes over your whole life, it is not only fine but even emotionally beneficial to have the dream to lean on.

Of course we are all hoping that we will be celebrating a BFP soon - if you need to keep hoping and praying then keep right on doing that and we are right here if you need us. :heart:

djmommy
January 17th, 2019, 08:15 AM
Thanks again Atomic for your kind response.
I do feel the same way about the situation as in he should know. He adores DS 3 sooo much and he was such a peasant surprise.
My midwife suggested I try maca to maybe help regulate my cycles???? I dont know. The spotting seems to have stopped, no true pos opk yet. A few pretty dark ones. Every cycle is just so frustrating.
Yesterday morning I woke up with mastitis so I assume thats why my temp was higher.
It went from 98.0 to 98.8 then to 98.6 today. The days before were usually 98-98.1.
I am V temping as well..Just confused!!
I'm sure that why the temps are higher. Ill see what tomorrow brings!!! Each month im like ok, one more try.....
Im getting tired of all the inconsistencies!! But im also not letting it consume me!

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Yep that's how my husband is with Suzy, who was a very much hoped for oopsie - he kept showing up and BD unprotected and I did my sway diet and hoped for the best and that hoping got me through a really dark time. I needed that hoping. It kept me going till I could work some stuff out, yk? If I would have had to go through everything I was going through and then ALSO be dealing with the reality that the door was closed for me, I don't know if I could have. The hoping was very helpful and over time I did come to terms with what the reality was probably going to be a lot sooner than I would have if I would have had to totally rip the band aid off all at once.

And the very last month I planned to try it happened. He ADORES her and honestly, for all our ups and downs (we've had a few) the accidental pregnancy was never one of them.

I am not a fan of maca. It's done a lot of weird stuff to people. BUT that having been said, I'm ok with you giving it a whirl if you'd like (just keep us updated on how it goes). It gives me pause since wasn't it you who had such a bad reaction to the inositol? They're supposed to work very much the same way, but they are different biologically.

djmommy
January 18th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Yes I think that is how I feel and the hoping kind of keeps me going in a strange way. I know DH would eventually be ok and I pray for that also. I do get upset when AF arrives and nothing has been normal since my miscarriage and that is very tiring as well. But I am also not up for trying for an extended period of time as I am getting older haha.

I think I tried maca years ago and I didnt like it. I think it may have delayed O or something. DH takes this green superfood powder in the am and it has maca so maybe I will try that. I have never tried instiol (sp)

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2019, 02:27 PM
what else is in the green super food?? A lot of those have ingredients I find questionable safety.

djmommy
January 19th, 2019, 03:04 PM
I know its small, can you expand to see. 41048

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2019, 04:18 PM
nope please don't take those. There are things in there that have serious safety concerns (including some things that have been linked to motor neuron diseases like ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease)

I would seriously consider having your husband stop them s well.

djmommy
January 20th, 2019, 05:54 PM
oh gosh really?? Like what?

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2019, 01:57 PM
spirulina and chlorella have been linked to motor neuron diseases (by very reliable sources doing good research) Green tea extract can cause liver damage as can alfalfa when alfalfa is taken in the long term over time. Web MD has alfalfa as "possibly unsafe" for the seeds/sprouts and the leaves are only "possibly safe". Most people eat sprouts now and then but when people take in extract form,t hey can take high amounts for long periods of time and it's not acceptibly safe to do that.

djmommy
January 21st, 2019, 08:02 PM
wow that is very interesting, never knew that..I have a friend who takes it daily and swears by it for energy!

I also actually found femera at an online pharmacy....ahhh so tempting!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2019, 11:10 AM
I know there are lots of people who take it. But the thing is that this stuff can get into you and cause problems years down the line and no one ever makes the connection.

Here is Dr. Weil himself telling people not to take spirulina https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/food-safety/is-spirulina-safe/

My father in law died of ALS and he was super into taking nutrient supplements, had taken all sorts of things for years. Before he got too sick to talk, that's what he kept saying again and again - "why is this happening to me, I took all my supplements". It was really sad and horrible to wonder if any of them could have caused him harm.

My concern with the Femara is wouldn't you have to tell your hubs about it?? If something went wrong and you needed medical care (rare, but could happen) then he'd need to be in the loop and that seems to be crossing a bridge that is more than just hoping - yk???

djmommy
January 22nd, 2019, 12:37 PM
Im sorry about your father in law. I do know so many people that take a ton of supplements. A friend actually sent me a video about supps, I havent had a chance to watch but I will. It supposedly says how they are bad for you, but she is also the one who takes the spirulina daily. Sooo......

About the femera... very tempting but... yea, I could not take it and not tell him. SIGH........... but its tempting!! LOL :)
I feel like that would be total deception.

djmommy
January 23rd, 2019, 12:08 PM
does this look like I ovulated? I think I did but for some.reason I used an opk today and it.looks just about positive to me. And yesterdayn(tmi) I had a big glob pf yellow whitish cm. Very non fertile. Maybe just another surge? I dont know?
What do you think?

djmommy
January 23rd, 2019, 12:09 PM

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2019, 03:13 PM
I can't tell if you've ovulated based on your OPK, sorry, just not how they work unfortunately. Temps do like you've Oed though.

djmommy
January 24th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Thanks, just wanted you to take a quick look.at the temps.
I think I panic if I missed an opportunity not BD.
But then there are.times where I am starting to have peace about the situation, as much as I want.a baby I have to trust God's will.

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Oh sorry of course - I get a lot of people wanting me to tell them off their OPK so I drew an unwarranted conclusion.

djmommy
January 24th, 2019, 07:53 PM
no its totally fine. I probably didn't post correctly. I was nervous because I thought I ovulated then I took an opk and it looked just about positive so I panicked thinking maybe timing was off so thats why I posted my chart.
So thank you for answering :)
I seem to feel one way, like excited and hopeful and then AF arrives and ruins my peace!! lol

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Oh I know - just hang in there and keep telling yourself that whatever is meant to be, will be. Wishing you peace.