PDA

View Full Version : December chat thread

zanacal
December 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Thought we should start a new thread for a new month :D

Glittergirl
December 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
sounds good--no news today but just wanted to stop by and catch up with all of you!

princesssarah34
December 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
I was wondering if we were gonna have a Dec one!

Inglewood
December 3rd, 2011, 06:08 AM
Hello December!!! gosh, what a quick year I think 2011 has been!

Princess, that is a very special way to remember Evan. x

Mocha, FX for you this month...Ii could only take 1 attempt to get that bfp and u got 2 attempts in there! so FX FX!!!

Z, how is ur son doing???

Mochagirl
December 3rd, 2011, 06:22 AM
Mocha, FX for you this month...Ii could only take 1 attempt to get that bfp and u got 2 attempts in there! so FX FX!!!

Thanks, Inglewood. It's starting to look like FF is going to tell me I O'd on Thursday, but I'm not convinced I O'd at all. My body definitely felt like I was O'ing, but the OPKs were never close to +. If FF is right, I had a 2 day cut-off and another attempt on O-day (but probably after O had happened) + rephresh in between. Not ideal - I wish dh and I had dtd on the day in between as well. Oh well, if this wasn't our month hopefully af will arrive in a week or so and we can start planning (sigh) a Christmas attempt.

zanacal
December 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
He's fine, thanks for asking Inglewood. He's gone to a football birthday party today so I've sent DH along to watch him like a hawk and make sure he doesn't get wheezy!

I want to put our Christmas decorations up this afternoon - DH says it's too early, pah!

Mochagirl
December 3rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'm so glad he's doing better, Z!

I don't think it's too early for Christmas decorations! We haven't put any up yet other than a wreath on the door, but I think I'm going to bug dh to put up the outside lights this weekend. December days are so short and dreary - at least the lights outside make the 4:30pm sunset not so depressing!

Inglewood
December 3rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Inglewood. It's starting to look like FF is going to tell me I O'd on Thursday, but I'm not convinced I O'd at all. My body definitely felt like I was O'ing, but the OPKs were never close to +. If FF is right, I had a 2 day cut-off and another attempt on O-day (but probably after O had happened) + rephresh in between. Not ideal - I wish dh and I had dtd on the day in between as well. Oh well, if this wasn't our month hopefully af will arrive in a week or so and we can start planning (sigh) a Christmas attempt.

If Ov had already happened maybe u got a 1 day cut off and a 0+??? attempt???

Mochagirl
December 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hmmm....I supposed if O happened during the day on Dec 1st and dh and I had our last attempt at 11pm on Nov. 29th you're right - it's a little less than a 2 day cut off. Our attempt on the night of the 1st could have been something like an O+12, but at 37 years old I doubt my egg lived long enough to be fertilized.

Here's my chart:
22b67e Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22b67e/)

I don't have crosshairs yet, but if I have a temp tomorrow equal to or higher than today's the crosshairs will be on December 1st.

Oops - sorry ladies, here I am monopolizing the pregnancy boards with all my TTC talk :oops: - I'm just in that obsessive 'what the heck is my body doing' phase and looking for input from everyone!

lemon2012
December 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone!
Can't believe it is December!

I think I had implantation spotting...anyone provide info on that? I am cd 11 I think.

Mocha,...this site is to obsess! hahahha

Princess.....I love your name for you little one. Beautiful!

Christmas decorations have been up for a week...DS1 was worried Christmas was coming and it would be too late. lol!

Sunset
December 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
I want to put our Christmas decorations up this afternoon - DH says it's too early, pah!

we finally put ours up tonight :) the boys are so excited :)

begonia
December 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hi ladies! Not much to say just wanted to pop in and say hello :)

Princess I love the name for your little fella but even more I just love your ability to embrace this and be in love with him already. Fantastic; I couldn't be happier for you! I bet you're just a completely wonderful mom. Hmm... maybe in 20+ years we should all start matchmaking through this site. There are clearly women on here raising some fabulous boys ... and I'm making brides-to-be like no tomorrow :rofl:

lemon2012
December 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Begonia,
What a cute idea!!!
DS 1 apparently looks like Justin Beiber...according to the grade 6 kids...and he is in kindergarten...lol!

Sunset, How do you feel?

lemon2012
December 4th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Zan...thought your scan was on the 3rd......I will be thinking of you on the 8th.
Actually, are you in England? So, it will be morning for me right?

Mochagirl
December 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Begonia - how old are your girls? I have two handsome 5 year olds and a 2 year old up for grabs. I'm planning to train them to cook and do housework, so they'll make great husbands! :rofl:

Inglewood
December 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hmmm....I supposed if O happened during the day on Dec 1st and dh and I had our last attempt at 11pm on Nov. 29th you're right - it's a little less than a 2 day cut off. Our attempt on the night of the 1st could have been something like an O+12, but at 37 years old I doubt my egg lived long enough to be fertilized.

Here's my chart:
22b67e Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22b67e/)

I don't have crosshairs yet, but if I have a temp tomorrow equal to or higher than today's the crosshairs will be on December 1st.

Oops - sorry ladies, here I am monopolizing the pregnancy boards with all my TTC talk :oops: - I'm just in that obsessive 'what the heck is my body doing' phase and looking for input from everyone!

Just up from nightshift, missed ur post last night in the rush for work!! Looked at ur chart! FAB!! so ur post above was right, little than a 2 day cut off and maybe a 0+12??? Do u know if u ov'd early on the 1st?? what time?

Mochagirl
December 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Just up from nightshift, missed ur post last night in the rush for work!! Looked at ur chart! FAB!! so ur post above was right, little than a 2 day cut off and maybe a 0+12??? Do u know if u ov'd early on the 1st?? what time?

The spotting started at 9pm on the 30th, was most noticeable at about 7am on the 1st, and was gone by 10am or so. I'm guessing maybe ovulation happened in the middle of the night - that's why I think our attempt at 11pm or so on the 1st probably won't work - my egg wouldn't have lived that long!

I updated elsewhere, but I'm having spotting again today when I'm supposedly 3dpo, so I just have no clue what's going on!

Inglewood
December 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
The spotting started at 9pm on the 30th, was most noticeable at about 7am on the 1st, and was gone by 10am or so. I'm guessing maybe ovulation happened in the middle of the night - that's why I think our attempt at 11pm or so on the 1st probably won't work - my egg wouldn't have lived that long!

I updated elsewhere, but I'm having spotting again today when I'm supposedly 3dpo, so I just have no clue what's going on!

You never know! FX for you tho... You might of 'just' caught it?? I spotted alot in my dpo...not every mth when ttc, it's confusing, maybe implantation spotting? FX it is. x

Mochagirl
December 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
You never know! FX for you tho... You might of 'just' caught it?? I spotted alot in my dpo...not every mth when ttc, it's confusing, maybe implantation spotting? FX it is. x

I wish - but I'm only 3dpo, so that's doubtful. I think it probably means my m/c still isn't complete and that whole supposed O last week wasn't a real O.

Inglewood
December 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Mocha, if it was the end of ur m/c, at least ur body will be ready for ur next mth's attempt and what a magical time to conceive! Still have my FX x

Sunset
December 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Sunset, How do you feel?

Ready to pop lol my belly is definitely bursting at the seams, but i'm enjoying this part of pregnancy the most :) just started packing my hospital bag and getting the last bits for baby :)

how sweet that your little boy looks like the Bieber, i'm sure he must be very popular already with the older girls :p

lemon2012
December 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
HI SUNSET!
Must be exciting! Your boys must be thrilled about Christmas and a baby sister!

Too bad I am not a huge Beiber fan..lol!

Glittergirl
December 4th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Looks like most of you have trees up and everything! I'm still trying to buy gifts when the kids are not around and that's so hard to do cause I always have at least one of them with me when I'm out! My oldest is easiest to shop for cause he know what he wants, the others....well their list changes everyday hmmm I just don't don't want all these toys in the house :( Time to clean out their closets and donate to make room for gifts. So who's next for an ultrasound? We should get a list going so we know who to cheer on next and send positive vibes too!!!

Inglewood
December 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Looks like most of you have trees up and everything! I'm still trying to buy gifts when the kids are not around and that's so hard to do cause I always have at least one of them with me when I'm out! My oldest is easiest to shop for cause he know what he wants, the others....well their list changes everyday hmmm I just don't don't want all these toys in the house :( Time to clean out their closets and donate to make room for gifts. So who's next for an ultrasound? We should get a list going so we know who to cheer on next and send positive vibes too!!!

That's a good idea, think Z is next on the 8th??? (correct me if I'm wrong Z!) and I'm the 13th (20 wk scan and FX gender will be known then).

tweedledeedum
December 5th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I finally got my Christmas decorations up this weekend too. It is so much work but now looks so pretty and Christmasy!

I will be having my 20 wk scan the first week of January. I will be stalking Z and Ingle (any others??) in the meantime. Have a good Monday!

Sunset
December 5th, 2011, 11:46 AM
only 3 more days for Zanacal, how exciting! :D i'm going to see ds1's school play/nativity in the morning, but then afterwards i'll be here stalking :D

zanacal
December 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hi ladies! My boys managed to do something near fatal to my laptop early on Saturday evening and it took me the rest of the weekend to Google a potential solution. I finally fixed it at about 1am today!! We didn't manage to get the decorations up after all and it's my work Christmas party this Saturday (the boys are going to my mum's and DH and I are staying overnight in the hotel - yay!) so who knows when we'll do it!

I'm really worried about Thursday - I'll be excited if I hear girl but if I hear boy, although I know I'll be fine in time, it'll be the end to the hope I at least have at the moment! I'm scared to come back and tell you all too! DH is coming I think and my sister won't come if he is - they were both going to be there for a time and I was worrying about that too. My sister had her NT scan today if anybody wants to have a guess in the ultrasound forum :D

Sunset
December 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I'm really worried about Thursday - I'll be excited if I hear girl but if I hear boy, although I know I'll be fine in time, it'll be the end to the hope I at least have at the moment! I'm scared to come back and tell you all too! DH is coming I think and my sister won't come if he is - they were both going to be there for a time and I was worrying about that too. My sister had her NT scan today if anybody wants to have a guess in the ultrasound forum :D

I can really relate to your post!! I remember how apprehensive I felt about my gender scan at 16 weeks.. it really wasn't nice at all. I was so scared of how I would react, mainly because I was team green both times with the boys so i didn't know how it would feel to find out gender before the birth if it wasn't what i was wishing for, but at the same time I knew I had to find out before the birth. My biggest fear has always been to feel disappointment at the birth, even if just for a second so that's why I decided to find out... I never for a second believed I would be told it's a girl though.. i went into the scanning room expecting to hear it's a boy and when they couldn't tell me the gender when i first went at 16+3, it was torture to then have to come back and go through it all again 3 days later. I will be thinking of you when you go for your scan and i hope you know you don't need to feel scared to come on here and tell us all your news! because you know we all support you 110% and we all know how unbelievably scary gender scans can be! and boy or girl, it doesn't matter we will all think it's brilliant news!! i do hope you hear pink, but if not then you know we are all here for you!

DoulaMama
December 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hi Everyone!

It's been quite awhile since I've been able to get on here. I've had some major family issues that we've had to deal with this past weekend. My FIL is back to drinking again...after 15 years of being sober. It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride and my plans for getting stuff done for Christmas were shot. So I still won't be on here much for the next little while:( I miss you guys!!!
Z- I will be stalking on Thursday!! I think by the time I wake up here, you'll most likely know! Yippee!!!! I really hope you hear GIRL, but like Sunset said, know that we are all here for support and love:HH:
Mocha- So do you think you O'd??? I really hope so, Hun! xoxo Fingers crossed for a BFPINKP!!

To everyone else here, Hello!! Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well! I'm off to shovel 5 inches of snow:) xo

Mochagirl
December 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
DM - so happy to see you back, even if it's only a brief visit. I'm so sorry you're still dealing with all that stressful family stuff.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I O'd. According to FF, you can't get a distinct thermal shift without O (although you can get +OPKs without Oing), and I now have 4 days of temps above my coverline. I'm not happy with my attempt, though, and think there's almost no chance I'll get a BFP this month. I guess I'll find out in another week or so....

zanacal
December 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thank you for your lovely words Sunset x

Thanks too DM and I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Don't forget to take care of yourself and your baby girl :D

GL Mocha, I have everything crossed for you!!

lemon2012
December 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Zan..I am nervous for you so you can relax...lol!

Doula mama...it is a tough time for a lot of people at Christmas and dealing with sobriety. I am sorry you have that going on!

inglewood, I am excited to hear about the twins!!

:wink:

Glittergirl
December 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
YAY!!!! So we have so far:
Zanacal--Dec. 8th
Inglewood--Dec 13th
Tweedle-- beginning of january

Z you can relax about coming on here...I think almost ALL of us have experienced the emotions you are having now and in case you hear boy (Which I know you wont cause we all agreed yours looked girly!!!) you know that most of us have heard opposite of what we were wanting at some point--I know I have-- so we're here for you!!!!

lemon2012
December 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Omy goodness,...I just realized this is a due date buddy board,.....lol!
No wonder I was so confused about two Dec threads. hahaha!
I hope you don't mind I am following you and your babies:)

GOOD LUCK....I am hoping I am soon. Not this month:( next!!!?????? I hope!

Mochagirl
December 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Omy goodness,...I just realized this is a due date buddy board,.....lol!
No wonder I was so confused about two Dec threads. hahaha!
I hope you don't mind I am following you and your babies:)

:rofl:

The reason I post here is this used to be my due date buddy board, but I know the ladies here don't mind us non-preggers hanging around. They're all so lovely :HH:

lemon2012
December 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
They are lovely!!!
No one told me I was a loser:) hahha:cool:

Sunset
December 6th, 2011, 03:55 AM
:rofl:

The reason I post here is this used to be my due date buddy board, but I know the ladies here don't mind us non-preggers hanging around. They're all so lovely :HH:

what? Is this a due date board?? hahahaha :rofl: I'm so sorry ladies, i didn't know this was a due date board for march-april ladies *feels really embarrassed* I thought it was just a general chit chat thread. I'm sorry i've crashed your thread!! :p

Inglewood
December 6th, 2011, 05:46 AM
what? Is this a due date board?? hahahaha :rofl: I'm so sorry ladies, i didn't know this was a due date board for march-april ladies *feels really embarrassed* I thought it was just a general chit chat thread. I'm sorry i've crashed your thread!! :p

Lemon and sunset, The more the merrier if u ask me!!! xx

tweedledeedum
December 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Why is it that in every due date club I have ever been a part of (not here) with each of my pregnancies that at least 90% of the women having their second babies have a pp? It seems like everyone gets exactly what they want!

I am trying to prepare for the possibility of boy number three and it sucks. I am so tired of GD and want to just put it behind me and be happy with whatever gender of baby that I get. I just don't know if I'm there yet.

Okay, rant over.

DM - hope your family situation turns around. Such a hard time of year to be dealing with those kind of struggles.

Mocha - I really hope this is it for you! I'm just waiting for your BFP!

Z- hope you are able to relax before your scan. I am super stressed already and it's almost a month away for me - you must be so excited/anxious!

Hello to everyone else! Hope you are doing well!

Mochagirl
December 6th, 2011, 10:16 AM
tweedle - I always feel like pp's come so easily to other women too. It's always seen as 'normal' to have a boy and a girl and I know soooooo many people for whom it just happened that way. I get so jealous when I see those families - with fewer kids they can travel and do things we'll never be able to do with 4 kids. Also, they never had to go through the heartache of GD or the stress of swaying. Then again, I wouldn't trade my kids for anything, so I try to be thankful for what I have....

zanacal
December 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Ladies who aren't due in March, April or May - please feel free to stay, the more the merrier :D There is also a pink swayers' December thread so join that one too!!

My latest lovely pregnancy symptom is acne - I'm sure you can all see the second chin I'm sporting from wherever you are in the world :D I think I'm going to look at some girl names in my baby name book tonight, if I hear boy on Thursday I'll never look at them again so may as well indulge myself! I'm trying to prepare myself to hear boy even though I so much want to hear girl - I just want to get it over with!! My sister's nub looks girlie - she keeps saying she's sure it's a boy but I'm sure she's only saying/thinking this because she'll feel awful if she has a girl and I have a boy. She knows that we were trying for a girl and of course I'm happy for her either way, but it would be so cruel for her to have a baby girl 2 weeks after I have a boy!

Funnily enough, I'm never jealous of pigeon pairs. I think it's incredibly special to have a same sex sibling (or two!) and I actually worry about having a girl who doesn't have a sister!!

Mochagirl
December 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Z - I grew up with 3 big brothers and no sister, and I turned out ok ;)

Inglewood
December 6th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Z, I 2nd the acne....woke up 2 days ago with 4 big crackers on my chin! Lovely! I also get it on my back with I'm pg which disgusts me and is quite sore to lie on.

All my work mates except 5 women have PP (team of 20) 12 have mixed sex families starting with 2 girls or 2 boys. 5 have no kids or 1. I've been there, been envious of the PP women, but I was from a PP family and I'm not particularly close to my brother and when the other's with mixed families talk about stuff, they talk of how much fun their 2 boys/girls had together and how close they are. Whereas the PP mum's talk about how her kids argued as they wanted to do diff things etc... I feel lucky now (took me a while) to have my same sex family, my boys love each other sooo much and it's a true blessing to watch them grow up together. x

Mochagirl
December 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM
That's very true, Inglewood. One of my brothers has a pp, and his kids couldn't be more different from each other. We're lucky we've been able to witness the same sex child bond - it's pretty special :HH:

Inglewood
December 6th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hating Groupon tonight!! Any UK ladies ever had prob's? My 1st experience, bought a HUGE bean bag for the boys and the voucher code sent is wrong, will be so pissed if tom I can't get it in blue and in time for xmas..... off to bed as I think I see steam from my ears!! lol Night all. x

princesssarah34
December 7th, 2011, 12:11 AM
ok so Z your scan is thursday right??? Just making sure I don't forget to jump on and check in here for any news!!

And to all the ladies worried about crashing....you are not crashing!! We are all here for the same reason to talk and obsess over babies...beautiful wonderful babies! So join in with us and obsess, love and talk!! :bowdown:

Ok so I haven't jump in lately here...I have been reading and watching. I guess I feel a little bit bad that I am so happy about this baby boy...when I know so many are worried about having the gender be not what they really want! I just wish I could share some of this pure joy I have with all of you if or when you don't hear what you really are hoping for! And I REALLY REALLY hope you all get exactly what you are hoping for!:fx:

Sunset
December 7th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Ok so I haven't jump in lately here...I have been reading and watching. I guess I feel a little bit bad that I am so happy about this baby boy...when I know so many are worried about having the gender be not what they really want! I just wish I could share some of this pure joy I have with all of you if or when you don't hear what you really are hoping for! And I REALLY REALLY hope you all get exactly what you are hoping for!:fx:

Don't feel bad!! I love reading your posts!! :)

Mochagirl
December 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM
princess - you're an inspiration to us all :HH:.

DoulaMama
December 8th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Z- I'm so excited to hear your news, Hun!! I'm setting my alarm just to check and see if there is any news at 4ish am my time :)Or...you could text me!!!!! LOL xoxoxox :HH: Pink vibes coming your way~~~~

Sunset
December 8th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Good luck Zanacal!!!!!! sending you pink dust! xx

Indira
December 8th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Zan I´m all nervous for you right now, I soooo hope it´s a girl you have in there, I have everything crossed xxx

Mochagirl
December 8th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Only a few minutes until her appointment. Sending pink vibes right now....

Lavenderlime
December 8th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Good luck Zanacal!!! FX and lots of pink vibes!!

tweedledeedum
December 8th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Good luck, z!

zanacal
December 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Thank you so much. I'm so grateful to have you all for support - I managed to send my update from the toilet straight after my scan!! We had a peek at her in 4D (I so hope they got it right - it feels odd saying 'her'!) but her arm was in front of her face the whole time. When the tech wiggled my tummy to see if she would move it she turned right on to her tummy so we couldn't see her at all! I still got a very cute shot of my little princess. Wow, I can't believe I just said that, just so shocked and stunned I can't tell you. OMG, I get to think of a girl's name!!!! We've told my mum and dad and my sister but we won't tell everybody else until after our 20 week scan - when hopefully she'll still be a girl and will be given the all clear health wise. It's our little secret ladies :D

Mochagirl
December 8th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm over the moon for you, Z!

begonia
December 8th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Zan it's just wonderful; I am so glad you got your dream :) I had a feeling you would though!!!

And Princess as one who hasn't been in the best place with my GD I personally LOVE seeing you post here. It's fantastic to see someone in a happy place! Please keep coming and posting because you add a wonderful perspective.

tweedledeedum
December 8th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Congrats, Z! So so happy for you!

Princess - I love your posts too. It gives me hope that I will be there someday too.

Sunset
December 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Congrats Z!!! it's an amazing feeling! we're still keeping gender a surprise and everyone else thinks i'm team green lol :p enjoy picking a girls name and shopping for pink :D

DoulaMama
December 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I seriously can't stop thinking about you Z:) It's an amazing feeling, hey??! Girls names, pink shopping, you name it...it's so new and wonderful! What a wonderful way to begin the holidays!!!! Oh and I'm seriously stoked to make you something girlie!!!

Sunset- We're team green too:) other than you guys, my 2 best friends know and that's it...my hubby doesn't even know I found out....He really loves the surprise:)

zanacal
December 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I told my friend on the school run - the same one I told when we were 5 weeks pregnant!!

DM - I must pick your brains for something I can attempt to make for the baby. Something to keep me busy while I'm not so patiently waiting for her to arrive!! I'm going to wait for our 20 week scan, just so I know she's healthy, then I'm excited to put an order in with you :D

As for names, I'm really not sure! I got my heart set on Phoebe when I was pregnant with DS3 and it'd be nice if both Grace and Nora featured (mine and DH's grandmothers who have both passed) but I'm sure there must be others to add to my list! Those of you who 'know' me on FB know my boys' names. I don't think they're unusual but I guess you wouldn't see them on the top 10 list either - I think DS2 and DS3's names are Hebrew and usually something of the same origin goes well. I might just call her Phoebe for a while and see how it feels :D Phoebe Nora Grace perhaps!

DoulaMama
December 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I love it, Z:) Phoebe is gorgeous! I can totally help you find something simple to make! Do you sew at all? There are so many beautiful quilts and blankies you could make....pretty simple stuff too.

zanacal
December 8th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I have borrowed my mum's machine in the past - and whilst I'm far from being competent, I'm not too bad and would surely get better with practice! I've been looking at baby name sites and nothing else is jumping out at me!

DoulaMama
December 8th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure we're sticking with Rhoslyn Lilyanne :D Nothing else jumps out and I seriously love the name. When your DAUGHTER :bigsmile: is born, you'll know if it suits her:HH:

princesssarah34
December 8th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Z I am just now checking....been a long day here for me!! BUt YAY YAY YAY for you!!

Sunset
December 9th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Sunset- We're team green too:) other than you guys, my 2 best friends know and that's it...my hubby doesn't even know I found out....He really loves the surprise:)

wow you're good!! i could never keep it a secret from DH :p it's getting increasingly hard to stay neutral around people when they ask about my pregnancy.. it's not that i want to shout it's a girl it's more that i tend to call my bump "her/she" now so i really have to bite my tongue around people :p but it's a very nice little secret to have! :)

lemon2012
December 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Girls, your posts are lovely!
You are all so excited and I wish I could join you for real!!!!
Just wondering if you could me plan my sway in two weeks.
I am cd 4 so I have to decide on FR or abstain or FBD.
I was thinking of every other day a few days leading up to o with minimal rephresh.
Last month I did 0-2, 0-1 and 0 but compressed FR, shallow, rephresh, J and D.
So, really I gave it my all to basically not get pg.
This month I really really have to get pg,
I am afraid to only dtd once but I have high PH. I am not into bding a lot, it is stressful.
I could dtd a few times before...but does that sway boy?
I started vitex but the pill is only 80 mg. How many do I take? I also drink p tea.
The diet is hard now with Christmas coming but I try to eat minimally. I eat a lot of yogourt...is that too many nutrients?
Thanks if you have any ideas!

zanacal
December 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
lemon - I think it's perfectly normal not to get pregnant the first month of trying, even if you're not swaying. I actually think the compressed FR you did last month, with 2 or 3 attempts at your fertile time, is a good idea. I would keep the Rephresh but only use it once 2 or 3 days before O but I would probably drop the shallow and/or Jump and Dump. I took 1000mg of Vitex a day - but I can't imagine you'd take 10 or more pills a day! What are the directions on the jar? The potential danger with yogurt is that it's very high in protein and sodium, so just check what it says on the label and try to make sure you're not getting crazy amounts of those.

Thanks Princess!

DH apparently really doesn't like the name Phoebe, which makes me very sad because I always thought of DS3 as Phoebe when he was in my tummy (and I thought he'd be a girl!) so I kind of always felt she was out there waiting for me. I thought it would be easy to find a girl's name after 3 boys!!

Sunset - I'm starting to say she/her already so I'd really struggle to keep the secret for as long as you have! I bet you can't wait to tell everyone once she's born :D

Mochagirl
December 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Z - have you told your boys they're getting a sister??

zanacal
December 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
No! I'm pretty sure everyone in my family who knows thinks I've lost my marbles but I'm waiting until after our 20 week scan to tell the world (which is pretty much the same as telling the boys!). I showed them the 4D photo and they said they think it looks like a girl :D

Inglewood
December 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hi all, just a wee 'hello' been nightshift!

Z, so so chuffed for you, keep thinking of you and the huge big smile you must have right now, hoping it's me on tues!!! So anxious and excited about my scan, but scared to find out too. Mixed emotions as u and the other ladies know too well!!
Dh trying to help me think +ve and girly, but scared to. It would of been tough hearing I'm having a 3rd boy, but to have 2, making that 4 boys will be tough, but I think having identical twins will be a lovely experience once I get my head round it regardless of gender!!

I can feel them move now, kick tiny wee kicks and move about. Feels strange, but reassuring!!

Hope ur all well? Only got a few hrs sleep today after my nightshift, so heading to bed soon.

lemon2012
December 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks z for the advice,....the yogourt has relatively high sodium and potassium. The Greek Yogourt has a lot of calcium 15 to 25%.
The yogourt drinks are probably not the best...but I only ate yogourt drinks all day.

I was thinking of every other day and then trying to figure out what to do around o. Maybe just relax or dtd as much as possible....the confusion is more sperm sways boy but frequent bd sways girl!

Inglewood what does chuffed mean?
When will you find out?

So exciting...a girl and Christmas!!!!
And maybe identical girls.....!!!!
Z I am sure your boys are thrilled!

Inglewood
December 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=lemon2012;112035]Inglewood what does chuffed mean?
When will you find out?QUOTE]

It means 'Happy' must be a Scottish thing!! lol Sorry! I should find out this tues 13th Dec!

lemon2012
December 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
My ethnic origin is Scottish!!! I should know that! I am part of the Munroe clan:)

WOW, Tuesday. How are you doing?
Do you have a feeling? or two? heehehee

zanacal
December 10th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Inglewood - what time is your scan on Tuesday? I'll be thinking of you! I say chuffed too and we're in Dorset - couldn't be further away :D

Lemon - I don't agree that frequent BD sways pink for everyone. It's very different from Frequent Release. However, I think DTD every other day sways blue even more because after 48 hours sperm count will have replenished.

Inglewood
December 10th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Z, I say it alot!!! lol

lemon, yeah for ur scottish roots. My maiden and married name are very scottish! You should come over and see the Munroe land. I was in the highlands at the beg of the year for my birthday checking out where my family were from, Ben nevis and it was spectacular, can't believe I'd never been before. I bought my friend a tiny piece of land in the highlands when she moved abroad and now she can be called 'lady' when filling out forms etc... Amazing, only cost me £40! not sure in us dollars?? $60?? Gives us such a laugh!!! esp when sending cards and letters to her!! lol

My scan is at 11am, she said as it's my 20wk scan it will take a while with 2 babies to check. Dh have the day to ourselves after, going to the city xmas shopping, so really hoping his phone lets me update on here as I won't get home from the city till 4/5pm-ish.

Mochagirl
December 10th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I bought my friend a tiny piece of land in the highlands when she moved abroad and now she can be called 'lady' when filling out forms etc... Amazing, only cost me £40! not sure in us dollars?? $60?? Gives us such a laugh!!! esp when sending cards and letters to her!!

That is hilarious! Do you have to be a UK citizen? My SIL, who's Canadian with deep Scottish roots (+lived a year in Scotland) would LOOOOOOOOVE that!

I'm officially stalking you, by the way!

princesssarah34
December 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Going to be stalking Inglewood now!!:fx:

I have not been on a lot lately....just not feeling well this pg...I have no desire to eat at all esp. in the mornings. Then when I do eat I feel sick to my stomach...every time. I have no idea why...I didn't do this with my other pg's. I am making myself eat because I know I need to but I hate feeling sick after. Has anyone else done this before....just wondering if something is wrong with me?

Inglewood
December 10th, 2011, 06:40 PM
That is hilarious! Do you have to be a UK citizen? My SIL, who's Canadian with deep Scottish roots (+lived a year in Scotland) would LOOOOOOOOVE that!

I'm officially stalking you, by the way!

I checked the FAQ page with no luck, so not sure, but here is the link and you could always email them??? She can change her driving licence and passport to say 'Lady' but she doesn't!! lol Here is the Link-

Lord Title | Buy a title | Laird Title - Lochaber Highland Estates (http://www.lochaberhighlandestates.com/faqs.php)

You can check out various places in scotland that do this, but she likes it up there. You should find out where she lived/liked, or family is from and see if u can buy a plot nearby. It's a tiny plot, but well worth the title and fun!x

Inglewood
December 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Going to be stalking Inglewood now!!:fx:

I have not been on a lot lately....just not feeling well this pg...I have no desire to eat at all esp. in the mornings. Then when I do eat I feel sick to my stomach...every time. I have no idea why...I didn't do this with my other pg's. I am making myself eat because I know I need to but I hate feeling sick after. Has anyone else done this before....just wondering if something is wrong with me?

I don't get it everyday, but somedays and today I felt awful after my meals, had to lie down. Think my tummy is being squashed too much already as I am carrying very high. Hope ur better soon, hate being sicky.

Mochagirl
December 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Just a warning, Inglewood - a lot of twin mommies find it very hard to eat by the 2nd and especially the 3rd trimester. You're absolutely right that they squish your stomach. It's still very important that you continue getting enough food and especially protein to keep them growing, though, so most women force themselves to eat many small meals throughout the day.

Inglewood
December 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Just a warning, Inglewood - a lot of twin mommies find it very hard to eat by the 2nd and especially the 3rd trimester. You're absolutely right that they squish your stomach. It's still very important that you continue getting enough food and especially protein to keep them growing, though, so most women force themselves to eat many small meals throughout the day.

Thanks Mocha, I do manage to eat small and often. I have gastritis and since being off my regular meds it's been awful the pain sometimes, but from 20wks (this thurs) the consultant says it's ok to go back onto my reg meds!! I open the fridge and don't see food.....I see heartburn, oesphageal spasms and indigestion! I have gained around 8-10lbs now at almost 20wks which I'm happy with considering I was so sick till 14wks then took food poisoning! x

Inglewood
December 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mocha, can I ask... been looking into buying a 2nd crib or a moses basket and a girl at work said she kept her twin boys together for the first few weeks in a cot. What did u do? Never thought of it till she said.

Ordered 2 'twin' books recommended from Twinstuff forums, just to have a browse. We don't get alot of twin literature in the UK, did u in Canada? Nothing from the midwives so far....

Mochagirl
December 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Definitely keep your babies together in one crib at first - they help calm each other. Our shared a crib until they were about 6 months old, then they started rolling around too much an disturbing each other, so we finally set up a second crib. They still share a room, though!

My heartburn was HORRIBLE with my twins - I can't imagine how bad it would be if you already have an underlying condition. I really feel for you!

I had lots of twin books - I think I probably found most of them on Amazon since the shops don't really carry many. The one we used to use as a bible for diet while pregnant, etc. was this one:

Amazon.com: When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy, 3rd Edition (9780061803079): Barbara Luke, Tamara Eberlein: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Quads/dp/0061803073/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323565103&sr=8-3)

But there may be newer and better ones now.

lemon2012
December 10th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Princess, I am so sorry you do not feel well.
I am bad nausea with DS 2 and found if I was stressed, tired or hungry I had bad morning sickness...day and night. I never puked but I always felt waves of nausea.
Maybe you need more sleep, rest, smaller meals?
I guess the same for Inglewood!

Did you sniff ginger?
Did you try the bracelets for nausea if that is the main problem.
Time wil help you feel better.....I know it goes slowly...tell me about it.
CD 5:(
I wonder if you should talk to you doctor about how you feel. I actually had to take diclectin for the nausea.

Feel better!

Inglewood
December 11th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Definitely keep your babies together in one crib at first - they help calm each other. Our shared a crib until they were about 6 months old, then they started rolling around too much an disturbing each other, so we finally set up a second crib. They still share a room, though!

My heartburn was HORRIBLE with my twins - I can't imagine how bad it would be if you already have an underlying condition. I really feel for you!

I had lots of twin books - I think I probably found most of them on Amazon since the shops don't really carry many. The one we used to use as a bible for diet while pregnant, etc. was this one:

Amazon.com: When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy, 3rd Edition (9780061803079): Barbara Luke, Tamara Eberlein: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Quads/dp/0061803073/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323565103&sr=8-3)

But there may be newer and better ones now.

Mocha, that's one that I bought, the other is 'Ready or not here we come' by Eliz lyons.

When the babies are born we'll be in hosp for 4 days after my c-section. They will prob be separated then as the hosp won't have big cots. But when I get home I could put them together. Will ask my midwife on tues. x

princesssarah34
December 11th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Princess, I am so sorry you do not feel well.
I am bad nausea with DS 2 and found if I was stressed, tired or hungry I had bad morning sickness...day and night. I never puked but I always felt waves of nausea.
Maybe you need more sleep, rest, smaller meals?
I guess the same for Inglewood!

Did you sniff ginger?
Did you try the bracelets for nausea if that is the main problem.
Time wil help you feel better.....I know it goes slowly...tell me about it.
CD 5:(
I wonder if you should talk to you doctor about how you feel. I actually had to take diclectin for the nausea.

Feel better!

Thanks lemon but I am not nausea any more that left about 8 weeks ago! I just feel sick like a stomach bug type thing...sometimes with cramping and everything...and just a yucky feeling but all the time....it is a pain cause I have so much that needs to be don in a day and all I can do is go back to bed.....it's awful!

tweedledeedum
December 12th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Morning all!

Princess - Hope you are doing better! It is no fun to be sick and pregnant since there aren't any medications you can take. Hopefully it passes quickly.

I - I will be stalking tomorrow! Can't wait to hear what you're having! So you know they are identical or can they still be fraternal? Good luck - fingers crossed for you!

I am still not feeling well this pregnancy. I am not as sick as I was before 14 weeks but I am still not hungry, and just not feeling well. I know the tiredness is probably to do with my low iron but I don't know why I'm still not hungry! I was starving and felt great right through with both my boys so this is totally different (and not fun!). I will find out gender (if i decide to, still not 100% sure) in about three weeks. I always thought we would probably have a fourth but this pregnancy has really made me question whether I can do it again or not.

Inglewood
December 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks tweedle! My scan is at 11am GMT. They are both identical, so 2 of the same sex. So nervous tonight, it's not long now and my stomach is churning!! x

I was sick till 14wks, then had no appetite until 16/17wks now I can eat well and feel better for it and less tired. FX u feel the same soon. x

DoulaMama
December 13th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Inglewood! Just came on to say....Good Luck at your scan today!!! It's almost 2am here....My 18 mos old has been having some rough nights...so I figured I would pop on and send mega PINK dust your way~~~~~~~ I'm really feeling GIRL for you!!! Take Care! xoxo

Mochagirl
December 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Good luck today, Inglewood! Sending you pink thoughts.....:HH:

Out of the Blue
December 13th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Inglewood, You probably won't see this until after your scan but I just wanted to send you heaps of
PINK DUST!!! :cheer::cheer:

DoulaMama
December 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Inglewood- Can't wait to hear your news, Hun!! I thought for sure I'd know when I woke up! LOL! Patience doesn't come easily to me.... ;)

Hello Girls! Finally have a few moments to sit down. The house is decorated...TG. I've been doing last minute shopping for stockings, finally went and bought a tree and got it up and decorated:) I'm thinking about starting some baking this week and maybe some wrapping to get ahead of the game. This year is quite a simple Christmas for us. Big people get stockings and little people get a few gifts under the tree as well as their stockings. We're trying so hard to save money for our big trip to California in 2 years time- motor homing it for 3 weeks, down to Disneyland and back up the Oregon coast...with 6 of us..it's not gonna be cheap! So I don't have too much to wrap but it still takes forever! I also have a few things that I'm sewing for a close friends children and I see her in mid January so I really want to get that done now. Ilove Christmas but not having my hubby around has made this years Christams really tough:( He'll be home on the 23rd sometime...I seriously cannot wait!!

I've splurged on some girly things....hidden them at my moms house...who I told last weekend! She was so freakin thrilled I thought she was going to keel over! It was so nice to see her so happy for me...and her;) She knew how much I wanted this and is just so happy we tried for #4. I'm starting to get really excited about my birth...ordering birth supplies and all the extras I want this time. I'm doing a belly cast and hopefully a maternity shoot this time. I have my newborn photog booked and am ordering some really cute diaper covers in pink this time!(I cloth diaper). I need to buy a dresser for this baby because I barely have enough room for DS3's clothes at the moment so sometime before April that has to be done... My girlfriend has already started planning my Blessingway...which I have to say is really what I'm most excited about:)
I only have 18 or so more weeks!!Holy Cow!!!

I can't wait to read through this thread and see what everyone has been up to! Chat later!! xoxox

Inglewood
December 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
OMG!!! TWIN GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! xx

zanacal
December 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Yay Inglewood, we all knew it, glad we were right :D :D :D :D That's just so amazing, you have the 'perfect' family make-up for so many of us. I'm going to melt when I see the photos!!

begonia
December 13th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Fantastic news, Inglewood! So happy for your family :) Here's to a happy and healthy rest of the pregnancy for you!

princesssarah34
December 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM

Yay!!! Congrats!!!! Totally doing a little happy dance for you!!

begonia
December 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Wow, DM you've been a busy lady! Lovely that your mom was so excited for you :)

It seems the girl swayers are doing quite well lately; so many of you seem to be getting your DG!

tweedledeedum
December 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Congrats, I! So happy for you!

Out of the Blue
December 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Awwww...YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! So awesome, Inglewood! That's so fab! :highfive::cool: You've got a little :princess: & :ballerina:

purplepoet20
December 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Congrat Ingle... Twins girls is perfect for your family!

Mochagirl
December 13th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Wow, Inglewood - twin girls!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you!

Inglewood
December 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone, still shocked and have that horrible doubt they might still change their mind!! FX they don't, but sure alot of u worried about that after hearing 'girl'. Only dh and my parents know for now. Thanks for all ur kind thoughts today! x

zanacal
December 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Did you get any photos this time Inglewood?

Inglewood
December 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Did you get any photos this time Inglewood?

I did, they give me pics every week! I have 18 in total now!! The ones they gave me this week and 2 weeks ago are of their faces/skulls looking at the scanner, will add them to my photobucket and post the link. Ds1 thinks they look 'freaky'!

lemon2012
December 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
TWIN GIRLS!
What a perfect pair:)
What did your boys say?

Inglewood
December 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
TWIN GIRLS!
What a perfect pair:)
What did your boys say?

They don't know! Keeping it a surprise till my 4d scan on 18th Jan, then they can find out while we are there. x

Inglewood
December 13th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Z, here is my photobucket link. It's the first 3 pics from today-

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/

Ds1 thinks they look 'creepy' lol....charming!

Glittergirl
December 13th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Congratulations Inglewood!!!! I think that is the most perfect makeup!!! 2 boys and now twin girls!!!! yipeeee! SO happy for you!!!!!!!

begonia
December 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Oh Inglewood seeing them all nestled in there together is just precious. I've not seen a scan of identical twins before, only fraternal. So sweet. My BFF is an identical twin, and she and her sis are super tight. But also very different people; their personalities are totally different in terms of how they handle things with their own kids, etc.

It's so funny to me because this thread is like, all pink swayers, and you're all so happy to get your girls ... and I'm devastated. I think I'd appreciate having girls more if I didn't have three of them. How on earth did you get the guts to sway again? Well some of you I guess it is your first sway! And it seems like most of you wanted 3-4 kids anyway. I just don't know that after 3 of a kind I have the courage to try again; I can't bear the idea of another bout of GD like this, and knowing I tried four times and didn't get my son would drive me nuts I think for the rest of my life! I've been having a hard time again and DH just says we'll try again but I don't think I can do that.

rainbowflower
December 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM

thrilled for you!! congratulations!!

tweedledeedum
December 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Begonia - big hugs to you. I feel the same as you - if I end up with three of a kind, I don't know if I will have the guts to try again. And while I am super happy for everyone, I feel like the luck has to run out somewhere and I will probably end up with another boy. It is so hard to want something different than what you get and have essentially no control over it. GD is the worst thing ever.

Mochagirl
December 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
begonia - as you know I swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 (though I didn't sway hard), and for me deciding to try one more time helped with the GD. Honestly, though, I would never have chosen to have 4 kids otherwise. It is a hard decision. Hugs to you - I know how devastated you feel :HH:

Sunset
December 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
It's so funny to me because this thread is like, all pink swayers, and you're all so happy to get your girls ... and I'm devastated. I think I'd appreciate having girls more if I didn't have three of them. How on earth did you get the guts to sway again? Well some of you I guess it is your first sway! And it seems like most of you wanted 3-4 kids anyway. I just don't know that after 3 of a kind I have the courage to try again; I can't bear the idea of another bout of GD like this, and knowing I tried four times and didn't get my son would drive me nuts I think for the rest of my life! I've been having a hard time again and DH just says we'll try again but I don't think I can do that.

oh i'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so down :( I can hear your pain! This was indeed my first sway, but i didn't in all honesty expect to fall pregnant with a girl.. not in a million years.. so I was very scared when I started ttc!! I just knew though that I had to try again regardless because if i didn't I wouldn't have a chance at all of having a girl iyswim. If I would have had another boy I would have tried one last time, but how I would have build up the courage I don't know!

zanacal
December 14th, 2011, 04:05 PM
{hugs} Begonia. I do know what you mean - as much as I adore my boys, when I read the threads where ladies are desperate for boys I think 'really?!'. I'm not sure that if we had 3 girls we'd be trying for a boy and, if we were, it would be for DH. I wouldn't change them for the world now, it just never occured to to want boys!

Inglewood
December 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Begonia, I only ever wanted 2 kids! a PP and when I never got them I managed to persude Dh to try 1 more time, thinking it will be another boy for sure as it was my first sway and wasn't 100% confident in everything, but we decided only to try till end this year. And OMG, I got 2!! Shocked esp since after dh and I had ds1, got married then decided we would only have 1 more child, we will soon have 4!! I'm still not convinced it is 2 girls either!! And worry I will be a mum of 4 boys!! when all I ever wanted was a PP, then when I had 2 boys, 1 more try for a girl. Dh said definetly NO more than 3 kids for sure, so I knew this was my only chance, but had he said ok for a 4th, I prob would of found the strength from somewhere!! I think had I had 2 girls I would of equally wanted to sway for a boy and understand ur need to do that. I'm sure when she arrives u will feel overwhelming love for her. Have u been for a 4d scan to see her wee face and bond a bit more?

begonia
December 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Thank you guys so much for the support :HH: It just sucks so bad! I had an appointment this am with an u/s since they couldn't see her heart at my 20 week scan; she's nice and healthy and huge ... I have to have another scan in a month to monitor growth, check fluid levels (like a car) etc. It was fun to see her ... but if she pops out a he I won't complain for a minute.

I know you all get it; it's weird because I can be happy to have another little girl because I love my 1st two so much ... and at the same time SO sad about not having a son. I really think this is it for us. I think I'd rather live with the disappointment of not having a son than have a 4th kiddo that isn't guaranteed to be a boy. But we'll see. I would have loved for my DD1 in particular to have a brother; all of her best friends are boys and she was definitely hoping this would be a boy.

Anyhow ... she's darling and I need to post a pic, got a sweet little profile shot this morning :)

Inglewood
December 15th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Begonia, can't wait to see a pic of her!! x

Glittergirl
December 16th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Lots of ((((HUGS)))) B! The only reason I swayed this time was cause we always wanted 3-4 kids. So when DS3 came along I knew I only had one chance to try again. I was content if it's another boy cause I always wanted to have sons so I didn't really feel like I was missing out until after 3 of a kind when it occurred to me that I could possibly never have a DD. I think many of us naturally assume if you have a big family you will likely get at least one of each--that's what I thought. So to answer your question, the only reason I swayed was this was our last baby and before we tried DH and I had to be at peace that we want 4 kids--not trying for a girl. We were emotionally prepared that we want 4 boys and if it ended up being a girl then that would just be the icing on the cake. I think for those who truly are trying to get their DG they should really try for HT as expensive as it is. that's just my thought but as expensive as it is, it can't be more expensive than the emotional wreck that GD does and the expense of another child that isn't your DG. I kinda look at it as gambling so if you have more to lose if it doesn't go the way you thought...maybe HT (or adoption) is the way to go and you're guaranteed! I hope it gets easier for you and I can't wait to see the darling us pics of your DD. ( we were three girls growing up and we are super close to our family now!!!!)

DoulaMama
December 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Hello All!! I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend so far! It's been a lazy one here so far...Thank goodness! I've been so busy getting stuff ready(by myself still :( as my hubby is away until the 23rd) so it's nice to just laze around this am. I've done all of my shopping but I do have to wrap gifts at some point this weekend...and this week is baking week! Yippee! I've done most of my holiday sewing/crafting and the bits that I haven't done yet don't really need to be done until the New Year...

B- I'm pretty certain that my hubby would have been very hard to convince to have baby #4 if #3 had been a girl. I'm not sure we would have had 4 if it had been up to him. And although I did want a large family, if both #1 and #2 had been girls....We might have gone for one more but I think that would have been it. He was never interested in a family this large....and he still has moments where he's like, "WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!???" LOL

To be honest, so do I!

There are more and more moments where I look at all my kiddos together and think that it was exactly the right thing to do. 4 is a good number and I'm thankful to have healthy children and easy pregnancies, births. But because this isn't boy #4....I don't know exactly how I'd feel right now if it was....Would I be regretting it? Would I think I was crazy for even trying again? Maybe through the pregnancy for sure. I think once you're holding her...it's going to be so awesome:) She's been waiting for her chance to come down...your little Birthday blessing...and she'll bring so many wonderful things into your life~ In a couple of years you'll know what to do in regards to trying again or adopting etc...I would wait and see what the universe holds for you~ I seriously wish I could give you a big hug right now...I give pretty damn good hugs if I do say so myself ;) LOL Much Love~~ xo

DoulaMama
December 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Anyone buy anything for the baby yet??? Just wondering how bad it would be to post some pics!! I'm getting super excited! :bigsmile:

zanacal
December 17th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Oh yes please do DM!! I only bought a couple of sleepsuits after my scan but my 20 week scan is on 9th January so if that goes well it would be silly not to try and get some stuff in the sales!!

Inglewood
December 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I bought 2 sleepsuits, some pink scratch mittens and 2 bibs after my 20wk scan. I set for each baby!! Hope I don't need to return them to the shop after my next scan! Not going to buy anymore till my next scan at 22wks, will ask again, if still girls then can shop a wee bit in the sales as my 4d scan not till 18th jan, although I will be scanned on 28th Dec then 10th Jan by NHS. After my 4d scan if still girls,think I will relax and enjoy buying girly things!! Still doesn't feel right yet iykwim??? Ds1 thinks boys and Ds2 thinks they are girls, so after the 4d scan the Ds that was right get's first choice of a baby gift (they came up with this idea), so Ds1 wants to buy them clothes and Ds2 would buy them a teddy!! Bless, can't wait till we take them to find out. Their wee faces!!! Shame my in-laws are creating a drama as we won't tell them the sex till the boys know in Jan! Wish we had said we were ALL waiting till 4d scan as they have take the huff! So childish!

DM and Z, would love to see what u guys bought, I could post a pic of what I bought also!

princesssarah34
December 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Ladies......been MIA for a few days.....just been busy. But I have been trying to keep up with my reading the thread!
Friday we (Hubby, myself, my Sister and my brother in-law) took the boys to the zoo! Everyone had a fun day and of course my boys loved it! Sat and Sun I had to recoupe from all the walking we did!:oops: Yesterday we had to run to the valley for Ds#3 1yr check up after his surgery he had in July 2010....but everything looked great and we don't have to see her ever again (unless something happens between now and as he gets bigger)...but for now he is good to go!
Today is a very hard day for many of my friends....1 yr ago today a friend, a mother and a daughter left this world....she was so special and had the most wonderful heart. She is missed everyday...today is a sad day for me, her daughters and her family! It is even harder seeing as she left us one week exactly to the day....the day I brought my Evan into this world already sleeping. Next Wed. Dec.28th will be a very hard day for me. The month of Dec. is full of sad memories for me!
Tomorrow we go for our 20 week scan and I am so scared....the next 2 months is going to be the hardest time for me to relax....I just want to be past this part already. I won't breath easy until I get past 27 weeks!

Glittergirl
December 21st, 2011, 12:10 AM
Sorry about Dec. being a bad month Princess--so sad.
It sounds like everyone is getting more scans? I don't think i get anymore :( Just the 21 week one I got. I haven't bought anything besides the few onesies early on. Still scared the sex will change! My SIL just gave some of her DD's outfits...most were never worn with tags on them! They were cute, but I still can't wait till I do my own shopping IYKWIM! Glad everyone is well--would love to see pics of what you bought for your babies!

Inglewood
December 21st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Princess, sorry to hear that Dec doesn't have great memories for u, it's such a sad month for many people. Being a nurse I think it is so hard when I see loved ones pass away at xmas time and the memories left of that for their families each xmas after. Sending u hugs. x

princesssarah34
December 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Anyone buy anything for the baby yet??? Just wondering how bad it would be to post some pics!! I'm getting super excited! :bigsmile:

I have already bought the car seat, the outfit and the blanket to bring him home in, a cute little white elephant and some yarn for my Mom to crochet a blanket for him! Other than that not to much!

princesssarah34
December 21st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Me again ladies!!! I had to report back today to you ladies.....our 20 week scan was today and........................he is healthy and growing and not sign of Hydrops any where or any other problems so far!! I am beyond relieved....but still won't relax 100% until he is here! I am getting very excited and can't wait until we meet our baby boy!

Mochagirl
December 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM
princess - I'm sooo happy your scan went well!! :HH:

zanacal
December 22nd, 2011, 03:54 AM
Princess - that's fantastic news, I'm so happy for you :D

Sorry I'm not around so much lately. We're having one sick child after another and of course I'm completely unorganised as usual and still have loads to do for the big day on Sunday! I finished work yesterday and today is housework day - I simply can't wait! I'm not even going to bother getting the boys dressed and I'm going to put on old clothes and get going ... soon, really ...

In other news, I really can't wait to be able to feel this baby moving now - it feels like it's about time! I'm 18 weeks now so I'm thinking any time soon right? I seem to have had a bit of a growth spurt (and my cervix is exactly level with my belly button - I felt it this morning and it was so obvious!). Suddenly my back is sore, my coccyx hurts when I'm sitting and my sciatic nerve is playing up. I was doing so well and thought I'd escaped all that this pregnancy!

Inglewood
December 22nd, 2011, 04:35 AM
Princess - that's fantastic news, I'm so happy for you :D

Sorry I'm not around so much lately. We're having one sick child after another and of course I'm completely unorganised as usual and still have loads to do for the big day on Sunday! I finished work yesterday and today is housework day - I simply can't wait! I'm not even going to bother getting the boys dressed and I'm going to put on old clothes and get going ... soon, really ...

In other news, I really can't wait to be able to feel this baby moving now - it feels like it's about time! I'm 18 weeks now so I'm thinking any time soon right? I seem to have had a bit of a growth spurt (and my cervix is exactly level with my belly button - I felt it this morning and it was so obvious!). Suddenly my back is sore, my coccyx hurts when I'm sitting and my sciatic nerve is playing up. I was doing so well and thought I'd escaped all that this pregnancy!

Z, I was worried for ages that I couldn't feel them move, but since 19/20wks I've felt stronger and stronger kicks!! I'm sure I felt ds2 sooner, but someone said it depends on where ur placenta is? it might be in the way of baby and u? I couldn't settle about 2 nights ago from getting kicked way up high above my belly button (twin A) then way down in my pelvis (twin B), feels weird but I was desperate to feel them move, now I can and u will too soon! Won't be long till ur 20wks scan??

zanacal
December 22nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks Ingelwood, I'm hoping something will start in the next couple of weeks. Weird thing is that I felt something at 13 weeks but nothing since!

I have cleaned half of the kitchen thoroughly and it took me all morning! The boys have been busy making a mess in every other room of the house (and trying to kill each other every now and again!) and my back and tummy hurt now. Why am I even bothering, we only have my mum and dad coming over on Christmas day and I don't normally clean for them!

Inglewood
December 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Z, think it's just a xmas thing! No matter who is coming over....we have my parents over for a while as I'm working later that night and they are going to my brother's for their meal and I still feel the need to clean! Want a clean house for santa, or maybe he won't come!! lol

You looked FAB in ur Fb pic's!! truly 'Glowing' I daren't post mine from my nightout. someone else has but thankfully not Tagged me. lol Your looking well, ur dress was lovely!! x

Hope u get some reassuring kicks soon! I thought with 2 babies I'd have double chance of feeling kicks, but they must be quiet babies!! we will see!! lol I felt flutters on/off until about 19wks then one day I felt twin B (the smaller one) kicking inside my pelvis, at the bottom of my belly, made my day! Won't be long!!!!

zanacal
December 25th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks I - I had an awful dream last night that I lost the baby and now coupled with not feeling any movement yet I'm worried that it was a preminition. Every now and again I think I feel a flutter but as soon as I'm still and quiet waiting to feel more there's nothing. I might phone the midwives if I don't start feeling something in the next week or so - I imagined I would feel something by now with my 4th baby! I thought I just looked fat in my photos - I seem to have developed 3 chins and now I'm spotty too!

Happy Christmas to you lovely ladies and your bumps - this time next year the bumps will be babies :D

Inglewood
December 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM
She's maybe just a quiet baby!! Fx says you! lol Twin A is very quiet and I don't feel the baby as often as B and it did take ages to feel movement from A at all. But if ur worried, then the midwife should reassure you and maybe do a doppler? Try not worry, I'm sure I felt ds2 alot sooner and I have 2 in there!! x

You looked fab!!! Seriously!! xx

zanacal
December 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I'm sure I felt a kick earlier today - but just the one and I need at least 2 to be sure lol! Hopefully they'll come thicker and faster soon.

I'm so fuming right now. I had mum and dad over the Christmas day yesterday and DH's dad over today. Today wasn't a big deal and I didn't cook or anything - I knew I'd be knackered after yesterday and would rather have had nobody over but DH's dad doesn't drive and it was the only way I could think of for him to see the boys. DH's sister, on the other hand, drives and can come and visit every time she likes but she's now making sarky comments on FB about how it would have been nice to see family today and to have been invited etc. etc. - bad enough she was annoyed but I'm so cross she's FBing it! Argh!

Sunset
December 26th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Zanacal ~ where's your placenta? my placenta is anterior and i didn't feel any kicks really this time until much later than my previous pregnancies.

zanacal
December 26th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I thought the lady at my gender scan said it was at the back so that shouldn't be a problem. It's probably just that I've got too fat! I weighed myself this morning and I'm really going to have to do something about that and cut out the junk I've been eating.

zanacal
December 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Definite movements today - hoorah!

Inglewood
December 28th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I thought the lady at my gender scan said it was at the back so that shouldn't be a problem. It's probably just that I've got too fat! I weighed myself this morning and I'm really going to have to do something about that and cut out the junk I've been eating.

Me too...put on a stone now @ 22wks!!!! The babies only weigh a 1lb each!!! No point till after the hols, 1st jan I promise myself to eat ALOT better. Yeh!! for the kicks!! Knew it wouldn't be long for u.... xx

zanacal
December 28th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I'm ashamed to say I've put on 3 stone! I was very thin for me to begin with but that's no excuse. I'm probably going to do Weight Watchers (in a very sensible fashion!) in January. More kicking today - it was far over in my side which was unexpected as I thought she was still tiny and all up front!

Sunset
December 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Zanacal ~ yay for the kicks!!!! :cheer:

Inglewood ~ wow 22 weeks tomorrow! your pregnancy seems to be flying by!

DoulaMama
December 28th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hello All!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! It's been busy here and I'm totally beat...all of my kids are sick still which really sucks:( I'm getting prepared for my last client(I'm a doula for anyone that doesn't already know) who's due in January.....and then it's just wait, wait, wait til baby:) I'm 24 weeks now.... :cheerteam: which seems wrong somehow....LOL I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by!

I'm starting to get our rooms organized, some sewing done, and our baby announcement created. I need to buy a new dresser for our new little one and 2yo and some new cloth diapers. Other than that, I need to buy some birth supplies for healing etc and some herbal supps and that's it! Yippee!!! We should create a to-do list for all us preggos on another thread...it's fun to cross stuff off!! LOL

Z- I have an anterior placenta this time around and even though I've had one before in my second pregnancy, it's still scary when you don't feel baby moving when you think you should. With DS2 (posterior placenta) I didn't feel regular movements until 19w along. I'm sure you'll start to get good thumps, soon! I know I sure am now.....it's in my cervix a LOT which is not nice at all. I've been meaning to post some girlie clothes pics but my hubby is at home for another week...LOL....don't want to get caught!
Talk to everyone soon!! xoxox

Inglewood
December 29th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Z, will they take pg women at WW? Think I have a life-time attachment to that place!! lol If I hadn't been so sick I'd prob of put on more weight as the girl diet made my loose 2stone, then I lost 10lbs being sick, so now I'm eating normally I can feel it piling on and I am small at 5Ft 2! Not good. Dh's b'day on Hogmany, after that I'll be a good girl!

Doula, was thinking of u the other day since we hadn't heard from u in a while. Sorry to hear the kids are unwell at xmas :( are they better now?
The cross off list would be a good idea, just x2 for everything for me!!! lol Got to see them yest at my 2wkly scan and she confirmed 1 girl and the other although identical, she wouldn't say as the baby had it's legs crossed and the cord between it's legs!

Sunet, Can't believe I'm 22wks today!!

Bought girly stuff yest after my scan in the sales with my mum, keep opening the wardrobe to look at them!

Have leaky nipples today!! Great, was waiting for it as I always have around 20+ wks, hate it, time to bring out the breast pads now and eventulaly waken with soaking wet Pj top and bed as time goes on....

Off for a lovely bath! xx

zanacal
December 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
They won't take pregnant women at WW anymore but I'm only a member online anyway - I may just do it during the week and relax at weekends and now fruit is mostly zero points I know I can still eat very sensibly. I need to do something and unfortunately just 'being sensible' is beyond me and I need something more structured!

Inglewood
December 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
They won't take pregnant women at WW anymore but I'm only a member online anyway - I may just do it during the week and relax at weekends and now fruit is mostly zero points I know I can still eat very sensibly. I need to do something and unfortunately just 'being sensible' is beyond me and I need something more structured!

Sounds like a plan!! I'm with you! :) I loved the pro-points and did well b4 my sway even started. Like u 'being sensible' isn't always possible here either, but with 2 babies in there and the possbility of 50-75lbs, I need to TRY! Here's to our 'healthier new year' xx

zanacal
December 30th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I spent the whole evening planning meals for next week and ordering a Tesco shop! I decided to do the Filling & Healthy plan they've just introduced where you can eat as much as you like from a list of healthy foods and then you use your weekly pro points allowance for treats - sounds good and just what everybody needs in January!! In other news, DH has gone to get us all KFC for lunch - healthy eating starts Monday!!

Inglewood
December 31st, 2011, 04:36 AM
I spent the whole evening planning meals for next week and ordering a Tesco shop! I decided to do the Filling & Healthy plan they've just introduced where you can eat as much as you like from a list of healthy foods and then you use your weekly pro points allowance for treats - sounds good and just what everybody needs in January!! In other news, DH has gone to get us all KFC for lunch - healthy eating starts Monday!!

Have WW introduced that Filling and Healthy plan? Good for you! Enjoy munching till monday!! I will. xx

zanacal
December 31st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Yes they have - it looks quite good but there are less recipes etc. online so hopefully they'll update that if it takes off! It's easy to be good in January when everybody else is doing the same!

Inglewood
January 5th, 2012, 05:48 AM
So quiet........ Hope ur all well ladies... xx

zanacal
January 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Come on Inglewood, it's January now :D