PDA

View Full Version : Girl name help!

2blue1pink
October 13th, 2018, 10:32 PM
We still have some time (March 2019), but it usually takes a good 2-3 months (or the whole 9 months for DS3...) for DH and I to agree to a name.

Our boys are Lucas, Matthew, and Ethan. And our DD that died before the boys, was Olivia.

Even though I love the names Brooke/Brooklyn- they are out because really similar to our last name.

My favorite favorite name is Charlotte but DH is not going for it and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to convince him.
We both kinda like Katelyn (spelling tbd), but it was Olivia's middle name and not sure we will end up going for it.

So any suggestions?!

4blue2pink
October 14th, 2018, 08:36 AM
im so sorry you lost your little girl :heart:

i find girls names so hard, our DD1 died mid-pregnancy and our 2 living daughters both have a part of their sister's name as their middle name. (DD2 has DD1's first name as her middle name and DD3 has DD1's middle name as her middle name)

you havent specifically said this but if you do want to link baby girl's first name to Olivia you could use a name that is similar, Olive, Livia, Oliviane and Olivienne immediately come to mind for Olivia and Lydia and Lilia are standing out as similar to me.

Another option if you want a link is to choose a name that has a similar meaning or style, Olivia means Olive Tree so this opens up nature names :) and also long feminine names Sophia, Isabelle/Isabella, Serafina etc

Brooke is so pretty, Ava comes to mind as another short sleek nature name

Katelyn is a variant of Catherine so you've got lots of similar names if Katelyn itself doesnt feel right. Catherine, Kathleen, Kate, Katie, Kayleigh to name a few!! all could be either C or K.

Charlotte is gorgeous im sorry dh wont budge on it for you :( what about Clara or Colette? more classic girl names i can think of off the top of my head Alice, Elizabeth, Annabelle, Rose

I hope you find the perfect name soon :heart: enjoy every second with your new daughter when she arrives xx

atomic sagebrush
October 14th, 2018, 06:18 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Have you considered Caroline? That seems to evoke Olivia, Charlotte, and Katelyn to me, and very much in line with your boy's lovely classic names.

Bonnie1986
November 29th, 2018, 09:48 AM
I like Alice <3 Also Amy, Grace and any variations of Catherine. As a variant, you may open list of female names and try to spell each, your daughter may give you a sign what name does she like :)

mommymachine
November 29th, 2018, 02:31 PM
One of my favourite names is Claire. Or Clare. Very classic, and simple. I absolutely love classic names.

Mama to 6 little Blessings. Hoping to try in 2020 for #7!

Sora
November 29th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Top of my head for a classical simple names Camilla, Karen, Coraline to swing with the Caroline idea of atomic... Leah... Sara... If he won't go with Charlotte, could Lottie be more to his tastes maybe ?

2blue1pink
December 21st, 2018, 09:52 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Have you considered Caroline? That seems to evoke Olivia, Charlotte, and Katelyn to me, and very much in line with your boy's lovely classic names.

Sorry I read this when you responded and just realized I didn't reply.

I've given up on Charlotte, dh is not going to go for it. We have a good friend w a daughter named Caroline so not sure I could do it.
Caitlyn (spelling tbd), Elizabeth (not sure what nickname we would use...maybe Eliza..), and Harper are the three names we can agree we both like so far but still hoping something will start feeling like the right name, that we can agree on....nothing so far.

Parying4agirl
December 21st, 2018, 11:11 PM
Alina - girl 😍

Lilawt
December 22nd, 2018, 12:36 AM
I vote Elizabeth! I think it’s such a pretty name for a sweet little girl. But also has plenty of nicknames.. Lizzy, Libby.. Beth etc

(It’s also my name, which I swear has not affected my vote ;) )

Good luck!

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4blue2pink
December 22nd, 2018, 08:18 AM
one of my cousins is Elizabeth and goes by Ellie :) its a lovely name :heart:

atomic sagebrush
December 28th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I adore the name Elizabeth - my mom is Beth!

2blue1pink
December 30th, 2018, 04:37 PM
I adore the name Elizabeth - my mom is Beth!

Mine too!

Which makes me want to use it more because not only do we both like the name, but my mom does soooo much for us (babysits our kids once or twice a week so I can work,etc.), but then I stress that our other kids don't share anyone else's name (although DH and my dad have the same name and DS2 has their first names' as a middle name.) Also, DH's mom is totally oblivious and would not have a clue that we were using my mom's name for our daughter and I don't really care if we upset her in particular anyway. So anyway, I do think we can get away with it. DH and I will probably have to agree on a nickname to call her at least while she's little until she decides for herself, but we have a lot of options to work with and I think maybe we can come up with something. (I would prefer Ella, Eliza, or Ellie but we'll see.)

Lilawt
December 31st, 2018, 03:05 AM
Sounds like a perfect choice, a pretty name and also with a special meaning.

( also... I read somewhere that anyone with the name Elizabeth also has a cracking personality ;) )

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
December 31st, 2018, 03:24 PM
Elizabeth has TONS of cute nicknames - I've read that back in the day, there were so few names that many of the oldest names have gobs of nicknames to choose from, which adds to the fun. :)

4blue2pink
December 31st, 2018, 04:21 PM
should of put this in my other post (sorry!!) as well as my cousin who goes by Ellie i went to school with 2 Elizabeth's one went by Luby and the other went by Liza (lee-za) just thought id post for a couple more nicknames for you :)