PDA

View Full Version : Boy #4 for us.

shouldihope?
December 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
So just as I expected. Boy #4 for us. Roller coaster of emotions for me. It changes from moment to moment.

princesssarah34
December 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Awe sweetie....sorry you didn't hear pink! But hopefully he is healthy and he will be a wonderful addition to your family!

CapricornAquarius
December 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Aww Im sorry you didnt hear girl, I really hope you can warm up to it before he's born, all the very best.

Im sure your sons will be happy having another bro!! I had the best childhood growing up with 3 sisters.

dannikins
December 3rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
sorry hun,
i know what it was like when i found out i was having boy number 4.
it took every bit if strength i had not to burst into tears right there on the ultrasound table.

it took a few weeks , but i adjusted , and now hes my whole world..:)

begonia
December 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Hope the rollercoaster stops soon and you find yourself in a place of happiness with it. ((HUGS))

TTC5
December 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Big hugs hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4devochki
December 4th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I'm sorry for the darkness you're going through; hope you can allow yourself to grieve.

Indira
December 4th, 2011, 02:12 AM
IŽm sorry you didnŽt hear pink shouldihope, IŽve read your sway, you really did everything you could have.
I hope youŽll be in peace with it at some point and be able to enjoy :HH:

shouldihope?
December 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I could not sleep last night. Laid in bed and cried. All I could think is if we just had 2 we could travel or go to Disneyworld, instead of struggling financially. All because I was greedy and selfish and kept forcing it. Don't get me wrong I adore Ds3 but he is challenging. Ds2 has behavior issues as well as other issues. Every day is a challenge with him. Ds1 is stuck being the responsible one that will likely get lost in the shuffle with another one. I am the only person I know of IRL that will have 4 boys and no girl. I wish I could hide out from the world so I dont have to fake it.

4devochki
December 4th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Maybe #2 and #3 will step up to the plate a bit more when there's a baby in the house. They'll love him and love to feel themselves a little closer to the "grown ups" in the house if they can help you fetch diapers or binkies or blankets. I know it's hard to imagine, but there could be positive changes in store for the family dynamic when 3 becomes 4 (I speak as someone with 4 of the other kind, whose #2 was also very challenging, and shaped up quite a lot when her sisters were born). Anyway, I just wanted to send wishes that these good things are in store for you...even if they're not the good things you were hoping for.

shouldihope?
December 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I am in a dark place right now. I could not get out of bed to go to church. Mustered the strength to go to a Christmas party at church. Figuring I would have to face people on Monday anyway. The first friend that could somewhat relate to my situation that asked how I was doing I burst into tears. My eyes were already puffy from 24 hours of crying. There went the make-up I had used to try to hide it. My best friend even seemed to avoid me like the plague. She asked me a few months ago to explain why I wanted a girl so much, I cried when I explained it to her. She said she still did not understand. She has 2 boys and a girl. How could she understand? She never experienced it. Now that I completely lost it in front of everyone I feel like people are whispering about it instead. My sis will be coming for Christmas and just had her 2nd failed IVF cycle. I hope I can pull it together by then. I don't see that happening though. I would never want to lose a baby but I keep remembering back to my prayer before we started TTC. I prayed to GOD that I would not get pregnant if it was going to be another boy and that we would quit trying by November. I also prayed that if a girl was not meant for me that he would give my sister a baby of her own boy or girl instead of giving me another baby. I would have survived not being pregnant again we had planned on start the foster to adopt process if we did not get pregnant. Adopting 1 or 2 little girls. We even had the meeting times printed out. I do not want 5 or 6 children though. I can barely handle 3. I know a lot of this issue stems from a horrible childhood. Absent father, alcoholic and abusive step-dad, neglectful mother that allowed bad things to continue. My sister and I bonded together to survive our horrible childhood. We have a bond I have with no one else. My husband is even jealous of it and does not understand it. Obviously because of my past I am very familiar with the darkness of depression. I have been through a lot of counseling which has helped but I still feel like I am in a world of boys and I have no clue what I am doing and how to do it. My hubby is somewhat clueless too since he grew up as an only child of a single mom. He would have been happy with 1 or 2 kids. I cried to him this summer and convinced him that I could not be happy without trying for a daughter. I told him if we have another boy at least we tried. I knew their was no garauntee. He said he would prefer a daughter of his own over adoption. Needless to say he is dissapointed but no where near where I am. Don't get me wrong I love the boys I have. I actually can't imagine life without them. I just remember how bad things were with DS3 and I know I should see someone. How will I find someone that understands and that we can afford? How will I put on a happy face when I have church events I am obligated to be involved in? I feel mad at GOD for not listening to my prayers yet again. If you read this far thanks. I needed to get that out.

zanacal
December 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm so sorry, I know if I hear boy this week I'm going to be devestated to have lost the dream iykwim? I hope that you feel better in time and even if you don't, know that we're here to listen x

nuthinbutpink
December 5th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry. I just want to let you know that I read what you wrote and there are people here that are 'listening'. Many of us have felt the way you do and the only thing I can offer is that is takes time to get past the way you feel now and it will get better. By all means, if you need to get professional help, please do so. It can be very careful to be able to voice how you feel in a non-judgemental setting.

I know given your past, you will make sure you do an excellent job at raising your sons so they don't repeat what has happened to you.

I don't know why G-d doesn't give us what we ask for or what we feel we need. It seems like it would make things so much easier. Then I think back to all I begged Him for from the beginning and I am so thankful He didn't listen to me. I know I would probably be divorced and homeless if he had answered my prayers about one of my boyfriends!

I hope you continue to chat with us, let us help where we can and just know that we are here if you need someone to vent to.

shouldihope?
December 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Totally get it. Hope you hear girl. :)

shouldihope?
December 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks NBP. I feel so angry and bitter right now that I just need to get it out somewhere. Better here than at home or among people that for the most part do not get it.

zanacal
December 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Btw, your sway was fantastic - I would feel robbed in your position too. I really don't think you could have done any more and I hope you'll find comfort in that and will have no regrets about what you could or should have done. {hugs}

shouldihope?
December 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Z. I was so proud of how much weight I lost. I have never been motivated to lose weight that quickly before. I don't think I could have changed anything to make it better without becoming obsessive. I did as much as I could but in the end I decided that all the lime stuff and douching were not me and would have stressed myself and DH out. That is one of the major parts I look back on and wonder. I tried to mostly focus on diet without getting too over the top. Who knows what I could have done differently? My DH said the other night that we could try again. I said NO WAY!!!! I can not go through this again. It is too painful. I just want one of us to get 'fixed' once DS4 is born. If someone would have told me from the start that I would have 4 boys---(before meeting them that is), I would have freaked out and only had 2 at the most and maybe adopted a 3rd. Now that DS3 is in my life I would not trade him though.

KnockYourBallsOff
December 5th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl :( All your emotions are totally understandable and normal. Especially the financial strain and wishing for a smaller family to go and do more--I totally get it.

Praying that it gets a little easier as time passes and that your pregnancy is happy and healthy. Thinking of you today!

Yuzu
December 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I can feel how painful this must be for you. But maybe this little boy will help bring something to your life that you can't expect right now. I know, I know--you're feeling absolutely gutted. What helped me with DS3 when the GD was almost unbearable was to start talking to him. I talked to him all the time and eventually the pain lessened. Now I can't imagine having anyone other than him.

I hope you find some peace soon, and don't be afraid to cry. You can always come here and vent, rage, cry, laugh or whatever you need. We're here for you.

begonia
December 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Oh hun I can identify so strongly with what you've written, and I'm so, so sorry you're in this place. My DG reasons also stem mostly from childhood issues ... the mother in my case though, no father around, and I just never wanted to have to deal with a mother/daughter relationship since mine was a horrid experience. I literally wanted no daughters, and with each one I've had, it's been a little harder for me to bear. This third one really felt like a defining moment though; we only wanted 3 kids, and with all girls, I'll have relationship that times three. Our past however doesn't define our future; if anything I am quite certain I have a long list of "what not to do" to help me out, and no doubt you do as well. You'll raise amazing men I am sure of it. I know that's probably no comfort now, but it's very likely true.

We also considered adoption v. conceiving naturally; I had (and still have) some regret that we didn't pursue the adoption route. I told DH I felt like having another girl was my punishment for ignoring the fact that adoption has tugged at my heart for years. I selfishly wanted to be able to have a biological son. I too prayed so hard that I wouldn't even get pregnant if it wasn't going to be a boy! Then I would feel guilty about that prayer though and asked God to send the best person for our family, and I have to trust that He followed through on that part of the prayer since He clearly said no to the first part.

It's been hard and I've been angry at God, and I spent about 7 weeks crying literally every day, often without a trigger. I turned down several holiday parties that we normally attend because I didn't want to have to talk about having my third daughter. What you're going through is, IMO, a normal stage of grief. It is incredibly difficult to let go of the "dream" child even though that child was never real; I think even more so when we sway because our hopes get high. And on top of that grief, you have to face raising an additional child and all that brings with it. It is a LOT to bear so give yourself some grace as you deal with all of it.

It has taken me over 2 months to get to a place where I'm finally not crying every day, and I've quit spending so much time wishing I could change things that I can't. The first days and weeks after the ultrasound I really was in a very dark place and posted about it on here often, I encourage you to keep doing it, I do think it helps. In the last week I am finally feeling better about it. I hope that time brings healing for you as well.

shouldihope?
December 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
KYBO- Thank you.
Yuzu- I hope you are right about DS4 being something in my life that is something good that I did not expect.
Begonia- The thing with adoption is I would not be able to nurse that child to look down at a sweet little baby girl and see pieces of my DH or myself and have that special bond that developed with each of my boys. I went through all these emotions with DS3. They just feel like they have multiplied. I feel grouchy and like my anger and emotions could boil over at any moment. I can't imagine this going on for months. I don't think my family will be left standing if I do not get over this quickly. At this point I do not know what to even pray nor do I really want to. Feeling like so many people I know have the happy healthy, parental relationships and awesome childhood. Then there perfect dream family. They got both. I wanted at least one of those things.

TTC5
December 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I honestly could not imagine my life without my 4th DD :)

fresas
December 6th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I'm sorry. :( I can only imagine what this must feel like, especially since it sounds like this is your last child.

About your boy's behavioral issues, have you or can you afford to look into things like ADHD, therapy, counseling, activities that may help channel some of their energy and emotions?

I had a brother with major anger issues that included a lot of physical violence, screaming, oppositional behavior, and general aggression. Now, my family environment and the way my parents parented him did him no favors. My father was very absent unless he was hitting my brother with a belt and my mother was extremely aggressive and encouraged all kinds of unhealthy confrontation. They refused to look into ways to manage his behavior outside of corporal punishment and prayer. They had the money to do some investigative types of things, too, but refused for whatever reasons.

Does your husband help out with the more unruly sons or is it mainly you dealing with the boys?

Sorry, you don't have to answer any of those questions here. I was just thinking out loud. Please pardon me if I pried too much.

In the meantime, I hope that you can find some peace in all of this. It seems very overwhelming right now. I am thinking of you.

shouldihope?
December 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks TTC5. I hope that is true for me.
Fresas- We did some testing on DS2 this summer and he was diagnosed with a sensory processing disorder. I guess it is considered on the autism spectrum. Not autistic but some of the characteristics go hand and hand. Insurance only paid for part of treatments for 2 months then we were on our own. We are still paying that off. We still use some of the therapies that they recommended every day but it would be impossible to do all of the things they recommended. My DH does deal with behavior issues, but he was an only child and tends to overreact to noise and well almost anything DS2 does involves noisy lack of self-control. I do lose my temper with him FAR more than the other 2. Overall we could do a better job being patient with him, however I do think he is highly intelligent and loves to figure out ways to get attention be it negative or positive. He knows what buttons to push. He can go from the sweetest most thoughtful child to the most frustrating and almost crazy acting child out of the blue sometimes. It is like he becomes another person. It seems to come in stretches of really good days then really bad days. He also has many sleep issues that involve requiring him to have melatonin at times to help him calm down (per doctor order). DS3 is just energetic and follows whatever DS2 is doing which can make for 2 children misbehaving and not listening. On his own he is just a busy handful that never sits still and is constantly running and getting into things.
I guess I am just worried about what next school year will bring since I have been homeschooling DS1 and DS2. DS1 will be in 1st grade next year and DS2 will be in kindergarten. DS3 will be 2.5 and then I will likely be struggling with GD and PND while trying to nurse a 3 month old. Not sure how that will go?

I have to say that I did not cry much today. I think that is only because today was more busy than yesterday and I tried to avoid thinking about being pregnant at all. Not necessarily great but I still have to act like life is the same, even if I do not want to. I have avoided all calls and pretty much any people unless I have to go somewhere. I will not have that luxury the rest of the week and am dreading telling more people this week. Feeling like I wish I could hide this pregnancy as long as possible so I can avoid comments and questions as I get bigger and am out and about with my kids. My boys seem to have no clue of what I am going through which I am thankful for. DS1 said to me today that he really wanted a sister and not another brother (He has been saying that the whole time), but that he knows I wanted another boy because I like having boys.
DH was not home last night and he made the comment that he thinks I am far worse this time than I was with DS3 and that he was worried about not being here and what condition I would be in when he came home. I reassured him that even though my thoughts have been dark many times in my life I NEVER have followed them through. I hope that helped him. That is my vent for the day. Thanks.

fresas
December 7th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I'm sorry about the issues with the 2 youngest. It can be really hard to find out what works and what doesn't work for kids. I hope that you will be able to find something that helps your sons express themselves and also behave themselves at the same time.

I was homeschooled with my two younger brothers. I think had my mother been more willing to seek outside help for us kids (academically, socially, and mentally) and not stir up so much confrontation, it would have been more beneficial to everyone. I hope that things go well for homeschooling you and you and your kids get the learning and resources you all need. :) You seem like a caring, thoughtful person so hopefully teaching will go well.

I also hope you can get the support you need for the rest of your pregnancy. You are going through a lot.

zanacal
December 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
More {hugs} and thoughts today x

shouldihope?
December 7th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I have not cried today. I still feel angry and sad. I had to leave the house today and so was asked the question I dread 4 times. (do you know what you are having?) I was worried I would break down, but I think because everyone had such nice responses I did not feel as bad. Probably not excited like I should be, but better than a break down. We have somewhere to go tonight as well and again tomorrow so I hope it goes as well as today. Thanks everyone for letting me 'cry on your shoulder'. Maybe that is what helped? It is great to have people that don't think I am horrible to 'talk' to about this. I am not one to keep my strong emotions to myself or hide them very well.

princesssarah34
December 7th, 2011, 09:49 PM
shouldihope? I read all your posts and my heart goes out to you right now!! I have been in your shoes more than once.
My oldest has ODD and was not diag. until the end of 3rd grade. He has anger and emotional issues....we are pretty sure he has childhood Bi-polar. While at 13 he has managed to out grow a few things....most he has not. His dad left us when he was just shy of 2yr of age. He remembers that day very well. So I have had to deal with him by myself for years. In 2005 I remarried and the real war began.....his step dad is NOT HIS DAD! (his words) So I know exactly how hard it is with a child that has problems. And I know exactly how you feel about baby #4 being a boy. I felt the same way with my baby boy #4.....I wished he was not part of this family I wished God had not punished me with another boy I felt I didn't deserve a girl! And then the worse thing happend in our life....at 23 weeks we were told our Baby boy was very sick and had a 1% chance of living! And for 3 weeks I carried him and cried everyday thinking that I had done this (I knew it wasn't my fault really but I had wished he never was)! I prayed to God to make him well and keep him with us....but he didn't. Sometime at 26 weeks along his little heart grew tired and he went to sleep! I had prayed a week before that if he couldn't fight any longer that is was ok for him to leave us...because I didn't want him to hurt anymore. So that prayer was answered. For a really long time I felt it was something I wished for...something I was being punished for. But it took a long time for me to realize that my Evan leaving us was a test of my courage my faith and even my love. I wasn't being punished it just happend. My desire for another child was heavy on my heart...yes a little girl would have been wonderful but here I am 18 weeks a long with boy #5 and I couldn't be happier. And I wish I could share some of this joy with you right now. But I do believe that you will find your joy in this little boy that is being added to your family. I honestly believe that God it teaching me patience though my boys and someday down the road I will be blessed with a little girl for my reward of learning patience!

shouldihope?
December 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Princess- I have read your posts and visited your blog. I am so sorry for the loss of baby Evan. I think I would feel the same way as you if something happened to this baby. I hope that I can come to a place of joy about this pregnancy. Right now I can not imagine it happening but I know it is still new and fresh. Praying that your boy #5 is a healthy little guy. Thank you for sharing your story.

Halah
December 9th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I'm so sorry that you're hurting right now. I went through it with my 4th boy. All the time trying to get pregnant and leading up to finding out I convinced myself I wanted another boy. It wasn't until the day I was due to get my cvs results that I let myself get my hopes up for a girl. When I found out it was another boy I was crushed. It was physically painful. I cried and cried. My husband just held me. I've never cried like that before. I was very depressed, for weeks if not months. I don't think anyone could say anything or do anything to bring me out of it. I had to get myself there. And I did. By the time he was born I was ready and excited for him. And now that he's here he's another light of my life, just like the others. From day one I would have died for him. He's so precious.

My heart still aches for a daughter. I think it always will. I don't know what to do about that. But I do know what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't trade one of these boys for the most perfect girl in the world.

fresas
December 9th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Still thinking of you today.

shouldihope?
December 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Thank you Halah and Fresas- I started to lose it again today when I was talking about DS4 to someone. Thankfully I was called away and became busy and focused on something else. The busier I am the less focused on things I think. I don't know that avoidance is healthy but I don't have time to be focused on being sad, nor do I want my boys to know. I also find that most people do not understand where I am coming from when I talk about any kind of disappointment. One lady I talked to today looked at me as if I was nuts. Maybe I am? However, I am an open and honest person. Not being honest feels more lonely. Anyway, it is impossible that anyone would believe we did not try for a girl . Everyone that knows me, knows that I want a girl. Now I am faced with that question.... You wanted a girl didn't you?

fresas
December 11th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I was telling my husband about some of the situations on this board and he felt a lot of empathy for your situation. We both want a daughter, but probably will not be able to TTC because we just can't do it financially. However, he said he hoped that the rest of your pregnancy can be peaceful and that DS4 will have an amazing, laid back, and happy demeanor that will be a blessing to the rest of the family.

shouldihope?
December 11th, 2011, 09:58 PM
thanks Fresas. you guys are so sweet. hope you both get to ttc soon. I am still having a tough time imagining my family with 4 boys. Especially the teenage years. it will come with time I hope.

fresas
December 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM
We've been going back and forth about having another because we don't feel financially stable enough to do that. We have kind of put having another in the background for now, but we have to make a final decision soon because we don't want to have more kids too late in our age, plus our oldest is going to be 9.

Anyway, I think a lot of people dread the teenage years because there are some issues, but as long as you and your husband remain open, honest, and encouraging with your kids, I think it can really help avoid some of the bigger issues that plague teenagers. Parenting is a lot of work! I hope that you will find it rewarding with time. Take a day at a time.

Manhattan
December 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
ShouldIhope

I am hoping that you are in a better place and have adjusted to the knowledge of your 4th son. I have been there. I was not and have never been disappointed with my sons but moreover with the fact that I was not experiencing a daughter. My 4th son is indeed a light as he was the point when I decided that I was going to do IVF/PGD for my daughter. My decision in part was due to the fact that he was such an easy baby and has been such a good little boy that I felt having a fifth would be do-able. Our daughter joined our family this year after an aggressive 4 attempts at high tech. My family is complete. I love my boys so much and they love their sister. We are all happy. However, the journey has not been an easy one and maybe yours won't be either but I pray that you are able to cope with the larger family and that one day your daughter finds her way into your family. Best of luck with this pregnancy and your quest to add XX to those wonderful XYs.

atomic sagebrush
December 31st, 2011, 08:13 PM
thanks Fresas. you guys are so sweet. hope you both get to ttc soon. I am still having a tough time imagining my family with 4 boys. Especially the teenage years. it will come with time I hope.

I just want to put your mind at ease - I have a 16 year old and a 20 year old in addition to my two little boys and they were both very easy as teens. Helped around the house, polite, fun to hang out with - we really have a very nice time together and I wish I could show you guys how nice it can be to have grown (or nearly) adult sons because it's NOT what you imagine it to be at all.

juffertje2
January 18th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Hi.
at this moment i'm pregnant with #4. This one wasn't planned. I already have 3 boys. I had to cope with a huge GD with #3. I can't stop thinking about #4 being a boy aswell. And it scares me. I'm over 17 weeks pregant now and just the idea of having 4 boys.......that was not the way I thought my life would be like! I'm in tears al day again, affraid of the results the ultasound is going to give me...What do I do?

begonia
January 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Juffertje2 do you have your scan booked yet? Surely you must be close to knowing?

I think when you're a mess before you even know for sure it's worth finding out gender before birth; if you aren't even allowing yourself to hope for a girl at this point then IMO there's no reason to postpone the news. Might as well either be thrilled with the news, or sad for good reason.

Anyhow ... I do understand that this isn't what you saw for yourself. That's where I am as well; I thought I'd have all boys and am having DD3 ... not a single son. So I get it. It is HARD. I hope that you hear DD and don't have to worry about how to get over DS4 :bighug: Keep us posted.

shouldihope?
January 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Manhattan- I would have love to go HT. DH refused. He was completely against it.

Atomic- thanks for your input. I do worry about the future but that maybe because it is constant fighting, wrestling and temper tantrums right now.

Juffertje- I agree with begonia. I think you should have the tech write it down and put it in an envelope and you can look at it when your ready and tell people when you are ready. Maybe look at it before a time period where you don't have to go be with people and pretend to be happy. At least for me that was impossible. I can not fake it or act like I am happy when I am not. I wear my heart on my sleeve and so it would be obvious that I was feigning excitement. Hope you hear pink.

girlmom
January 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
hugs to shouldihope. i know how you feel i have 7 daughters and probably an 8th on the way. i kept telling myself next time it will be a boy. next time my sway will work. this one was a surprise and im at a good place. it took me 9 years to get here but i can honestly say a healthy ful term baby is all that matters and i would love another girl. you wil get here too one day just give it time. congrats on your little one

juffertje2
February 2nd, 2012, 05:01 AM
Begonia: I have a scan sceduled on Februari 9th. so in a week i will know, but I'm affraid to go. at this point I can still dream about having a girl, because I still don't know. It could be....And if the ultrasoundtech sais boy......splash.....goodbye beautiful dream! Do you understand?
Anyway, I will keep u posted, in a week we'll know more...

begonia
February 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Oh Juffertje! I remember those nerves, wanting to know but not wanting to know.... SO many of us get it. I really, really hope you hear girl. Keep us posted; we'll be thinking of you!

Shouldihope, how are you these days? I hope that the weeks going by has helped heal some of the pain :hugs:

shouldihope?
February 8th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks girlmom and begonia. I feel about the same. Still angry about everything it seems. It is hard to get over and move on. I feel like I will never be complete. I am already tired of the nasty comments from others and #4 is not even here yet. Can not imagine.

girlmom congrats on your baby boy!

begonia how are you doing? Any better for you? I have to say there is something special about my #3. He is sweet, cuddly, funny and an easy baby.

juffertje2
February 10th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Boy #4 for us.......I'm so sick of it!!!!!!!

Waiting4Daisy
February 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Boy #4 for us.......I'm so sick of it!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry hun, was hoping you would hear girl xxx

fresas
February 11th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Hugs all around. Hang in there, ladies.

begonia
February 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
begonia how are you doing? Any better for you? I have to say there is something special about my #3. He is sweet, cuddly, funny and an easy baby.

Thank you for that bit about your DS3 :) I'm better. I am really glad that I moved past thinking the whole pregnancy was a mistake; that was pretty consuming when I first found out this wasn't the longed-for DS. I have spent A LOT of time in prayer. A LOT. And now I'm at a point where I'm glad we're having another child and I'm curious to see what she's going to add to the family, because I know it will be good :) But I do agree it is REALLY hard to get over and move on, I imagine it would be that much harder to "get over" #4 than it is to get over #3. I know what you mean re: the not feeling complete though. I never, ever thought I'd consider a 4th but we definitely are... so while I've made peace with this being DD3 in many ways I can't say that I have truly gotten over the GD, or really moved on. I'm still praying a lot on that part. I'm ok with another girl (I kind of have to be, LOL) but I absolutely, 100% still want a son. Are you thinking about a 5th?

Juffertje, I am SO sorry you didn't get the joy of hearing "girl" this time. I can completely get the "sick of it" feeling. It really is kind of shocking that we can't get the opposite ONE TIME. Hugs to you Mama. Will you try again? Or is 4 going to be it?

FWIW, I think your all boy families are terrific :)

juffertje2
February 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I always thought 2 would be enough for me. But then decided to try for #3. And Oeps, #4 came up. Now I'm considering #5. But we really want to be sure this time, so we are considering HT. Or maybe a girldiet, but that doesn't give absolute results. First I have to come to peace with this boy........And it's damn hard! Can your hubbie teach my hubbie how it's done??? I'm sure they can learn a lot of eachother! LOL!!!!!

girlmom
February 11th, 2012, 12:46 PM
my 4th is amazing. she's silly and funny. i was so sure she was a boy. i had a done a pretty amazing boy sway i thought. i did the diet and the suppliments and the timing. yet another girl found her way to us. 5 was an opps so no swaying there but not a day goes by i don't wish i could hold her again. number 6 we brought out the big guns. i read and studied and did it all. diets starting 4 months ahead of time, all the suppliments i could find that may sway boy, timing, i even did things with egg whites i won't tell you about. twin girls.

after the surviving twin was born i kinda went crazy. i admit it. i was hounding my husband day and night. why did ladies who didn't want boys keep getting them? why couldn't we just trade? when was it my turn? so i reseached ht and adoption. i told my husband my plan. i wanted to carry the baby but geez ht costs a fortune and then i may not even get pregant. if im spending that kind of money. i better get two boys, a painless labor, no complications, and a nanny and a maid for 6 months afterwards. dh said= why don't we save up and take the girls on vacation? i could see his point. it seems selfish to use all that money on making another mouth to feedand to ask the girls to go without.

anyway long story short, we went on vacation. we had a great time. we have wonderful memories instead of failed cycles. i learned to love being a girl mom. i adore my girls. i like having a large family of all one gender and screw eveyone who looks at me funny and asks whats wrong with musband? why can't he make a boy? we threw all the swaying crap out the window although our lives are very girl friendly. no diet, no pills, no timing. our sex life improved. low and behold its a boy! sometimes if you just take a step back and "chill out" everything falls into place.

Flava
February 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I could not sleep last night. Laid in bed and cried. All I could think is if we just had 2 we could travel or go to Disneyworld, instead of struggling financially. All because I was greedy and selfish and kept forcing it..
This is how I felt exactly before .Only I have 4 girl no boy. And here Im trying again.Maybe we are crazy and will have girl#5 soon...but the damn hope is still here!

Im so sorry you are sad .Hope you feel better soon !XXX

envisioned
March 4th, 2012, 01:51 PM
anyway long story short, we went on vacation. we had a great time. we have wonderful memories instead of failed cycles. i learned to love being a girl mom. i adore my girls. i like having a large family of all one gender and screw eveyone who looks at me funny and asks whats wrong with musband? why can't he make a boy? we threw all the swaying crap out the window although our lives are very girl friendly. no diet, no pills, no timing. our sex life improved. low and behold its a boy! sometimes if you just take a step back and "chill out" everything falls into place.

I really needed to read your post today. It made me cry. In fact I'm crying as I type this. Thank you for it. Truly. It's just one of those really bad self pity days where I had a dream where I was telling someone that had I gotten pregnant again it'd be another daughter. I woke up just foul b/c I never seem to have dreams of having a boy. And I think what you say is true. We spend SO much time consumed by this angst and anger that we have. It's on my mind when I go shopping and see pigeon pair families. It's on my mind when I see signatures in blog posts in forums. It's hits me everytime I go check a blog and the about section always has the perfect million dollar family photo in it. There are days where you're so angry and think if you can just tweak your diet and eat enough steak and potatos then maybe it'll happen. And then you look at people who have one of each and I sincerely doubt that they went through all of that. Sometimes you need to let go of the anger. I feel like it's this bad self fulfilling prophecy in that if I think I am going to be miserable then I will be. I have to get to a point where you were at. Where you need to stop hating your situation and feel like it WILL get better.

juffertje2
March 8th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Feel the same way.....sometimes I wonder when or even if I will ever be sincerly happy again........Just be blessed with the four healthy boys I have......enjoy my family and never, ever have to worry about the girl that's never here.....But stupidly enough my heart wont agree with my mind.....that's the problem.....If I had to scale my situation from 1 to 10 it would be a 4 at the moment. But I wish could enjoy this pregnancy...All I feel is: get it over with.....As soon as this boy is out, I will have a shot at my girl again. Isn't it June yet???? I completely forget to enjoy en to experience this pregnancy, and give this boy the attention he needs.

fiveboysandagirl
March 11th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hi shouldihope?. I've been reading this thread and wanted to reply to you. I particularly wanted to tell you about my fourth son (I have five).

Having already had severe GD with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I rode the rollercoaster yet again for a 4th time. I had the scan, heard "it's a boy" and proceeded to go home and cry, for weeks and weeks. But something changed in my head after a while. I picked out a name for him and started talking to him in my belly. I promised to love him no matter what, cos I figured if I couldn't who else would? You know the internal conversations that go on in your head! I started to feel overwhelmingly protective of him. I bought him a whole bunch of new clothes in colours I loved, no pastel blue allowed! By the time I went into labour I couldn't wait to meet him. Now I have to tell you, that little baby was my saviour. I looked into his eyes when he was born and recognised myself in him. I really felt like he was sent from heaven to 'fix' me. The two of us are like peas in a pod. He is 3 1/2 now and still ends up in my bed, with his arms wrapped around my neck, most nights. HE makes my heart melt.

We have since gone on to have another son who wasn't really planned. He's a lovely little thing but the GD was horrendous! I'm thinking about going high tech but to be honest I felt 'complete' after my fourth son. Everything was utterly perfect. that picture you have in your head as a young woman, of the baby you will have one day, he fits that picture for me. I think my GD only came back because I got pregnant again and the possibility was there, briefly. If my fourth had been my last I can honestly say I would have been fulfilled and content with that.

So I suppose I'm just telling you all this because, your fourth son might be the most fulfilling experience you have ever had. It certainly was my happiest baby-mummying time!
xxx

Myloves
March 12th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Hi shouldihope?. I've been reading this thread and wanted to reply to you. I particularly wanted to tell you about my fourth son (I have five).

Having already had severe GD with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I rode the rollercoaster yet again for a 4th time. I had the scan, heard "it's a boy" and proceeded to go home and cry, for weeks and weeks. But something changed in my head after a while. I picked out a name for him and started talking to him in my belly. I promised to love him no matter what, cos I figured if I couldn't who else would? You know the internal conversations that go on in your head! I started to feel overwhelmingly protective of him. I bought him a whole bunch of new clothes in colours I loved, no pastel blue allowed! By the time I went into labour I couldn't wait to meet him. Now I have to tell you, that little baby was my saviour. I looked into his eyes when he was born and recognised myself in him. I really felt like he was sent from heaven to 'fix' me. The two of us are like peas in a pod. He is 3 1/2 now and still ends up in my bed, with his arms wrapped around my neck, most nights. HE makes my heart melt.

We have since gone on to have another son who wasn't really planned. He's a lovely little thing but the GD was horrendous! I'm thinking about going high tech but to be honest I felt 'complete' after my fourth son. Everything was utterly perfect. that picture you have in your head as a young woman, of the baby you will have one day, he fits that picture for me. I think my GD only came back because I got pregnant again and the possibility was there, briefly. If my fourth had been my last I can honestly say I would have been fulfilled and content with that.

So I suppose I'm just telling you all this because, your fourth son might be the most fulfilling experience you have ever had. It certainly was my happiest baby-mummying time!
xxx

Such a sweet post :awe:

I♥DKB?
March 12th, 2012, 11:23 PM

xxx

My eyes are swelling with tears. This was beautiful.

juffertje2
March 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
read that post in tears. I felt the same with my #3......had a huge GD but once he was born he was my precious...he still is.....No one will ever come between us! But again with #4 I had some little hope that this would be my turn to have a girl...but no...

shouldihope?
March 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Juffer- I can so relate to where you are right now. Angry, emotional, struggling to be around others and be pleasant at all sometimes. Tired of hearing oh so sorry, my condolences and other comments from people. The one difference I have to say is that I do not want to try again. I will never be over my desire and DH has now come around to say we can try again. I do not want to go through pregnancy again and also the depression that comes with the sway opposite. If you do try again I do hope you hear pink.

fiveboysandagirl- Thanks so much for your post. I truly hope that I have a similar experience with DS4. With all my other pregnancies I never held out any thought or hope the tech may have been wrong. This time I am. I know that ultimately it is NOT possible and will just make things much more difficult, but I so want to be DONE and complete and just worried I won't be EVER.

Thanks for everyone's kind words and support. It is hard to come here and post because I feel like everyone I swayed with is getting their DG and I just FAILED. Looking at their posts and ultrasounds feels like torture sometimes. Horrible I know. Happy for them but brings the pain flooding back.

hopingforalily
March 20th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I am so sorry you are hurting...I know exactly where you are right now....I have suffered through GD and EGD....DS#3 was my GD baby, and he turned out to be my little love! I cant imagine my life without him now...I know thats what people keep saying and I know that its hard to see thats very well how this little guy can be for you, its hard to look past the pain right now. Swaying doesnt always work for everyone :( I really wish it did...I have been where you are feeling like everyone else gets their desired gender and you dont....again...I have asked the universe all the same questions I am sure you have. I have walked in your shoes...I know the feelings all too well :( Please feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk. Trust me when I tell you I have felt every dark feeling imaginable (hence the EGD) there isnt anything you could or would ever tell me that would make me ever judge you I promise! Big hugs to you! xoxo

juffertje2
March 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM
yup! Been there, done that! i've felt every dark feeling aswell! Still don't know how I got through that period! Don't feel ashamed. We know the feeling!

wilma_five
March 28th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Exactly how I felt with the unexpected pregnancy of boy #5! I went down to dark places I will never ever go again, I swore that. I was at the point where I wanted to end my life because of GD. But DS #5 is here, he is a year and a half right now. He is such a sweetie, love him to pieces! But he never took my heart as ds #4 did. Offcourse I love them all the same but ds #4 has something special. Now I have a bunch of healthy happy little boys, we have a lot of fun as a big family and I'm hoping to add a girl along the way.

KnockYourBallsOff
April 13th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Any updates? How are you feeling? I'm prepring to join you and enjoy reading your feelings b/c I know so many of us can relate.

shouldihope?
April 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
At this point I am just ready to be done being pregnant. Not excited, more like numb and flying on auto-pilot. I think it has finally hit my DH because he has been super-grouchy which is just making getting things done all the more challenging. Probably comes down to my lack of desire to dtd but this time around I just have no desire. I am sure he knows it will be a long dry spell, but really I am exhausted and miserable. I think most of my friends and family assume I am fine at this point and are tired of hearing my lack of enthusiasm so I try not to think about it honestly. I have noticed that some friends have become rather protective of me when someone has a negative comment about boys etc. Truly sweet that I know I have some supportive people in my life. That part is helpful. Thanks for everyone's comments and support. I will update when something changes.
KYBO- I truly hope you hear girl. Mostly because I would not wish for anyone to have GD if it was within my power. Good Luck! I will watch for your update.

Pinzer
April 17th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Did any of you ever feel scared to try again in fear of having another boy? because thats where I am at right now. I can't imagine what you are going through but I went through a horrible time with my 2ds. I could have cared less what we named him. I didn't want to partake in anything in preporation for him. I really hope you have a fast GD recovery!

KnockYourBallsOff
April 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Shouldihope....thanks for updating us. I felt similar to that when waiting to deliver DS3. I hope your delivery goes smooth and that this time of mourning eases the post partum hormones once he's here. I am preparing emotionally as much as I can...even at just 7 weeks along. Thank you for your well wishes. My thoughts are with you.

atomic sagebrush
April 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Did any of you ever feel scared to try again in fear of having another boy? because thats where I am at right now. I can't imagine what you are going through but I went through a horrible time with my 2ds. I could have cared less what we named him. I didn't want to partake in anything in preporation for him. I really hope you have a fast GD recovery!

Yes, but I found that I had my one bad GD baby and then my next son it was much easier...almost like I had made peace with it. I wasn't super excited but I didn't have the depths of despair that I did with DS 3. By the time we decided to try for Child #5 I was fully at peace with boy or girl. It may get easier for you over time, I hope so. :heart:

Sugaree
April 20th, 2012, 03:46 PM

My view on it is that if the worst thing that can happen is another perfect, hopefully healthy boy to love, well I'll take the chance. I feel like I would regret not trying more than I would regret any children that I end up having.

fresas
April 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM
Thinking of you. <3