PDA

View Full Version : when to DTD for boy? Positive OPK Cheapie but Negative Clear Blue Digital...

amandakhazhinov
October 15th, 2018, 12:53 PM
hey guy- im supposed to be ovulating right about now according to Glow (and am late to ovulate according to Fertility friend) im on CD 18 in a 31-33 day cycle.
i got a positive OPK on the cheapy brand yesterday morning and this morning but still NOTHING with Clear Blue. NO EWCM either, much to my disappointment.

last month, i had 4 days in a row of positive OPK with the cheap brand, and a positive OPK with Clear Blue 24 hours after the first positive cheapy. i didnt get ewcm until my 3rd and 4th day of positive OPK (after we had already had sex multiple times) and then i had ewcm in abundance.

should i wait until peak on Clear Blue? or wait until i see ewcm?

trying to sway boy, thanks!

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2018, 04:49 PM
I like you guys to go off the FIRST of any brand and that's especially true given that the apps are indicating this is your normal ovulation time.

A lot of people have waited around for Clearblue only to miss O completely. Clearblues are great when they work but for some reason ( I think because they are trying to prevent false positives and have reduced sensitivity somewhat) occasionally they fail to detect surges that other brands spot.

amandakhazhinov
October 15th, 2018, 04:55 PM
thanks atomic, we ll try to bd tonight after work and pray we didnt miss O!! ugh....so frustrated!

but no EWCM- not a concern?

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2018, 11:33 AM
I got my 4th boy with no visible CM and didn't even think I'd ovulated since I didn't see anything.

We have not found amount of CM to be in any way predictive of who gets what gender.

You can try some guaifenesin if you want.

amandakhazhinov
October 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Thats very reassuring! I tried guanifenesin this month already. Hopefully we DTD early enough and if not, next month we ll try sooner! Thanks!

Aus
October 20th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Thats very reassuring! I tried guanifenesin this month already. Hopefully we DTD early enough and if not, next month we ll try sooner! Thanks!

I have also used guaifenesin this month and have not seen any EWCM. I always see EWCM every month. Maybe the guaifenesin waters it down so much that we don’t see it as thick cm anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Yes it can! It can turn CM watery and if you aren't used to watery CM it seems like nothing is there! But watery is fertile CM!!

amandakhazhinov
October 21st, 2018, 01:44 PM
i hope thats the case! in the tww now, fingers crossed for the both of us