PDA

View Full Version : Is getting your desired gender harder than achieving your financial/career/other goals in life?

Loveychoc
December 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I'd like to start by telling my personal story first and whether I could relate this with my project plan to sway for a desired DG (a DD) LOL.........

DH and I have long financial 'situation' where we've been hoping for 7 years to do a BIG house knock down and renovation, but recently decided to give it up because the banks have repeteadly rejected our applications for construction loan and I am not back at work on a full time basis so that means a reduction in our income, etc. However, this is something that we've been trying to achieve as the year went by for 7 years. We've been wishing and praying at every occassion. DH even saw a falling star year ago and wished for the construction to happen. I go to pray to my local church regularly and even did a special prayer for that, but God didn't listen at all. A moment after we decided to give up I felt upset and angry - although we realise that we dont have much cash sitting in our savings to re-build the house, but somehow we thought it could be possible by borrowing a loan from banks (isn't that what people commonly do these days?? I live in Australia Btw).

I am just very STUNNED and SHOCKED that after all these years wishing and praying, a simple (ok maybe also costly) wish to re-do our house would NEVER come true. Will I also go through the same disappointement next time I'm hoping for a desired gender? Will I get my DG if I follow the swaying plan correctly? Swaying and building the house are two different things technically. Swaying is more like 'tricking' your body into the state where it favours a certain gender conception and can most women can have an attempt to do it, but re-building a house cost a lot of $$$ and not every person can come up with big $$$ to start with and somehow we already knew the rebuilding project would be impossible with our financial situation although we tried hard to save up, etc... but for personal goals, aren't they meant to be the same things ie the 'basic' things that humans need... doesn't God see what his pupils need? I wish at every star, birthday candles, 11:11, etc for a healthy (or two!) pink bundles in my life ... if only wishes do ever come true.....

nuthinbutpink
December 4th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Well, God doesn't always give us what we want. Usually what we need. The house is more of a type of thing that you can control There are rules, guidelines and you can be told precisely what the bank needs in order to give you a loan- which is not easy to do these days for the type of loan you are talking about given the world's financial situation. BUT, it is 100% possible if you do what they say.

With swaying, there is no guarantee. We cannot give you exact steps that will lead to your pink bundle. We can certainly provide suggestions and even a plan to follow for your attempt, but we cannot give you a guarantee.

Maybe you can scale back on the house plan or go in with the approach of re-doing it in stages and the bank may be more willing to work with you on a smaller loan. Here in the States, to do the type of loan you are talking about, only the largest couple of banks even offer a construction to permanent loan and you must put down 20-30% for that type of loan assuming you have excellent credit. It is not easy do- very true!

begonia
December 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I agree with NBP. I was frustrated at the whole unanswered prayer bit as well, because after praying for a son for years, I've been blessed with ... umm, none. 2 lovely girls and one on the way though. Anyhow, my DH made the point that it wasn't that God didn't answer my prayer, it was that He didn't answer it how I wanted Him to answer it. He said no ... or maybe not right now ... or maybe not this way. But He definitely didn't say YES and give me my son. And that's been hard. But as far as giving me what I need? I can't complain. I'm not sure I place children (regardless of gender) into the "need" category though; I guess I think of basics there, KWIM? Health, food, shelter, etc. and there I really can't say we lack for a thing.

All that to say, you might be in a holding pattern. This doesn't have to be a "never" situation, with both the house and the dream gender child. Although like NBP points out, seems like the house is just a matter of getting your financing. The swaying? Even if you do everything "right" you still don't have a guarantee unless you do PGD. So, IMO, yes, getting your DG is harder. Because short of PGD it comes down to a huge slice of luck.

Zivic-Bubac
December 6th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I've heard a beautiful little story recently:

God has only 3 answers to our prayers:
1. Yes
2. Not yet
3. I have something better for you

Makes me smile every time :)

Cinss
December 7th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I asked for strength and
God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom and
God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity and
God gave me brawn and brains to work.

I asked for courage and
God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for patience and
God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.

I asked for love and
God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors and
God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My prayers have all been answered.

Unknown author.

TTC5
December 7th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Never say never hun!!!

You never know what God has for you just around the corner ;)