View Full Version : baby envy

ynwa
December 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
hi all
just in need of a vent
i am a mum to 2ds who i dote on but would love love love a dd,
oh is very happy with 2ds and doesnt see or understand my need for a dd,
but for me he says "1 more try thats it no more 2 bricks"hehe
see the thing is he says we cant try untill sept 2012 when ds2 will be 2,this is so hard when a dd rules my thoughs,
lots of people round me are all pregnant,some with dds,(huge envy)makes the wait harder.
and ds2 is the child from hell right now,tantrums,not sleeping untill after 11pm most nights,not feeding very well,ect ect.
and he is putting oh off trying at all,sob sob

applesoup
December 8th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the disagreement. (At least he's willing, right?) Maybe you use HIS terms to YOUR advantage. Like: Well, I'll wait thaaaaat loooooong if you sway by: changing your diet, abstaining, etc. At least you'll have him on your side if you want to sway?

I know what you mean having a hard time waiting. DS3 is going to be 2 in February. All I could think about since I found out at the ultrasound that he was a boy was when I could try again. Literally. The kid was in my belly & I was already planning when I could get pregnant again and be sane. Now that I am pregnant, I'm freaking out. It's much easier to dream about the little girl that we want...it's harder to realize that it may be DS4 in my belly...

ynwa
December 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hey thanks for reply,the thing is he is willing to sway,so all that's stopping us is time,and the not knowing how to sway,
Finding it hard to read all the info and keep it,soooooooo many things to put into sway,I come on here every day but it's still not sinking in:.(when do you find out what your having?fx it's pink: )

jude17
December 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi I also have 2ds. My baby is 10 months old now and hasn't been a great sleeper. He is also so much more active than my first son so I do find him really hard. But they love him where he goes to day care and say he is one of their easier babies (with so much personality) so I am hoping he will settle down and be a really good little boy!

I REALLY want a girl but wonder what I will do if I have a third boy. I imagine how happy I would be to get a girl. I am planning on swaying next year, possibly around the same time as you. My hubby wants to get pregnant asap and he will do some sway elements but he doesn't believe in it at all so says we need to just get pregnant again and not worry about doing anything. I get excited about the thought of swaying thinking just maybe I could get a girl for my third. But to actually get pregnant scares me a bit in case I end up with 3 boys. I met a 5 month old baby girl the other day. The cutest baby girl you could ever imagine. I felt so sad as she was so lovely. I just wish I could have a little girl some day. Also I have looked at this site lots (and others) and I would write down notes. Its taken me a few months of changing my mind when I read new stuff but I have a plan sorted if we were to sway. Not sure it would work though so I guess you modify the plan every month you don't get pregnant?

Cinss
December 8th, 2011, 09:14 PM
If you do have to wait until your ds is 2 then you have a lot of time to do research about swaying, by the time you are ready to go for it you will know everything there is to know and you will have a great attempt. Some people leave it to the last month to change things for a sway and i am sure the stress of doing it that way is a lot to bear. Another good thing will be that your ds will be older and hopefully a little easier for you and your partner to manage and wont put either of you off for trying.

applesoup
December 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, if you don't have a plan for swaying, then really take the next two years & read all of the opinions. After DS1 I thought that Shettles was the only way to go...and I've had 2 Shettles opposites. I felt really dumb when I found in-gender & (more recently, yea!) this website. There are a lot of theories & even the people who've managed my *ideal* sway ended up with boys.

It doesn't make it easier, I get it.

jude17
December 8th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, if you don't have a plan for swaying, then really take the next two years & read all of the opinions. After DS1 I thought that Shettles was the only way to go...and I've had 2 Shettles opposites. I felt really dumb when I found in-gender & (more recently, yea!) this website. There are a lot of theories & even the people who've managed my *ideal* sway ended up with boys.

It doesn't make it easier, I get it.

My second boy was a shettles opposite. What did you do this time for your current pregnancy? cheers

KnockYourBallsOff
December 10th, 2011, 03:18 PM
ALL my friends IRL and online are prego right now, and many of them getting their desired gender. It's really hard for me. Our attempt is at least 6 months away, as DS3 just turned 1 and we need a BREAK. But, I'm anxious. Hang in there. I understand.

ynwa
December 11th, 2011, 04:04 AM
thanks i will do,good to know i can chat to you guys about this,as i cant speak to family n friends,they just dont understand!
pink dust to you ;.)