PDA

View Full Version : Any science behind the gender 'wave' theory?

KnockYourBallsOff
December 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
You, know....everyone you know is having a girl...or boy. Even online friends?

Is there any proof of this? Pure coincidence? Or is it just my gender desire that picks up on this?

rainbowflower
December 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm inclined to say it's coincidence... BUT there were a lot of boys born around the same time as my DS so the postnatal support group for first time mums was full of boys, and almost everyone I know from work has had boys (bar one, who had twins - one of each - and because of her age I suspect it was assisted in some way)

Hobbermittens
December 10th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I don't know. When I had both my girls, lots of people had girls too. But when I had my son, he was only one of a few boys, and lots of others had girls then, too.

fresas
December 11th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I have known easily over 20 women in the past 1.5 years to get pregnant with girls. It has been insanely strange. There have been a couple of boys, but almost everyone else has had girls or are currently pregnant with girls.

auroara78
December 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
When I was at my old job working in a drugstore, we had 3 of us pregnant, but at different stages, and all 3 of us had boys!! The other manager who worked there before I got pregnant with DS2 also had a boy. So I wonder what it was with that place and having boys? LOL

Glittergirl
December 12th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Most everyone I know with kids around my kids' ages have all boys....if we have a playdate for one of my kids, chances are the other siblings that come are all boys as well. we had a huge bday party for ds2 this past weekend and now that I think back, all the boys from his class who came, all have boy siblings and I can only think of 2 with girl siblings.

love being a mummy
December 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM
My SIL said that she knows 10 people that had babies this year and 8 of them had boys.