PDA

View Full Version : How to be happy for my good friends

applesoup
December 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
A few years ago, my best friend (T we'll call her) was lamenting being pregnant with number 2. She didn't find out, but was SURE she was going to carry on her parents' legacy of only having girls. (I had 2 DS and wanted a daughter, so our relationship really flourished on our gender dreams.) She gave birth, sent out an e-mail, and announced that she had the little boy that her on her husband had always wanted. She was happy, her family was happy...and I cried. I was happy that she got her DG, but I was sad that I lost an ally, sad she got her DG so easily, & sad that it was so easy for everyone else.

On Tuesday, a good friend of mine (J) finds out if she's having DS3 or DD1. She really wants DD. Her family really wants DD. And the 12 week ultrasound she showed me was VERY girly. While I hope that she's happy and excited for the baby, I can't help but feel like this is all going to replay. J will get her much desired DD without any pain or trying. And in another 6 weeks, I'm going to find out that I'm having DS #4. And once again, I will have lost my ally, be sad that she got her DG so easily & be devastated that everyone is somehow statistically "more lucky" than me.

How am I supposed to manage??

CapricornAquarius
December 10th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Apple, Ive been doing what your doing & then a few ladies on here just told me to stop with assuming that I was just going to end up with another girl, because I just may be carrying a boy, so stressing & worrying & trying to protect myself is all for nothing, we need to try & enjoy our pregnancies cause we just may have our dg inside us right now.

I totally get where your coming from though, it always seems like others can get their dg easily.

Cinss
December 11th, 2011, 02:35 AM
You will always have friends and allys here, every one of us understands.

KnockYourBallsOff
December 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM
You took the words RIGHT OUTTA MY BRAIN!!!

I'm going through the same thing with SEVERAL friends right now. I'm not pregnant, but it's still so difficult to see people get what they want, etc. What helps me is this: I say to myself "that's THEIR life. I'm happy for THEM. THIS is MY life and I have to be happy with it." Simple as that. We just can't compare ourselves--although it sooo hard.

I have lost many 'allies' along the way who eventually had girls (and some in just the last few weeks)....this sight helps me so much b/c everyone understands that we're all kick ass moms, just have a dream we've envisioned.

I'm assuming I'll have another boy too. So I get that also--and it's almost impossible for me to think otherwise. BUT I also assume everyone else will get what they want...which is really self distructing :(