PDA

View Full Version : Mommymachine May 2020 Blue Sway!

mommymachine
October 27th, 2018, 02:40 PM
We are 18 months out on TTC baby number 7, or hopefully 7 and 8!!! Hoping to start trying in April 2020 for another January baby. Of course, God gets the final say :) We have a girl name picked out and *I* have a boy name picked out :) Hopefully I will get to use one soon! Or both! :twins:

4blue2pink
October 27th, 2018, 03:36 PM
how exciting :D we are ttc number 9 and would also love twins :heart: though i doubt we will ever have twins unless i used clomid, fingers crossed for you to get your January twins :)

mommymachine
October 29th, 2018, 10:10 AM
You never know! That's so great that you are TTC number 9! I'll be following you for sure!!!

Mama to 6 Blessings!

Hoping to TTC number 7 (or twins!!!) in April 2020

Welcome to my 18 month countdown!

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Thanks so much for reposting MM!

Sooo excited for you guys! Tiebreaker baby (or babies!) :)

hopper
October 29th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Oh I love that anticipation of the ttc countdown!! Wishing you the very best of luck xx

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

LMSM
October 30th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Hi!!!
We’d probably start ttc around the same time as you :)
Good luck for #7 - wishing you a beautiful healthy baby - will you be swaying?

mommymachine
October 30th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Hi!!!
We’d probably start ttc around the same time as you :)
Good luck for #7 - wishing you a beautiful healthy baby - will you be swaying?

Exciting!!! That would be great!

No sway this time :) just exactly what I normally do.

Mama to 6 Blessings!

mommymachine
October 30th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Thanks so much for reposting MM!

Sooo excited for you guys! Tiebreaker baby (or babies!) :)

Thanks Atomic!!! I'm hoping to go team green for the first time too!!

Mama to 6 Blessings!

4blue2pink
October 30th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Thanks Atomic!!! I'm hoping to go team green for the first time too!!

Mama to 6 Blessings!

DO IT DO IT DO IT :D i went team green for the first time with my youngest and it was the best experience ever!! i will 100% go team green again :heart:
did you have your boys without swaying and your girls with?

mommymachine
October 30th, 2018, 05:13 PM
DO IT DO IT DO IT :D i went team green for the first time with my youngest and it was the best experience ever!! i will 100% go team green again :heart:
did you have your boys without swaying and your girls with?

That's awesome to know. Thank you for sharing your experience! Yes, absolutely no sway for the boys. Lots of praying and swaying for DD1 and DD3. DD2 was a bit of a surprise but she was a double rainbow baby as well. We were wanting to wait a few more months but glad God had other plans :) She'll be 5 on Monday and I couldn't imagine my life without her.

Mama to 6 Blessings!

LMSM
October 30th, 2018, 07:05 PM
That’s so exciting, I wish I had the willpower to go team green but with an all same gender trio at home, I don’t think I could cope with the comments, they nearly broke me last time!
Admittedly I kind am secretly hoping for twins, if it were to be boys, as I doubt my husband would agree to any more babies. I envy your larger families, ladies :love:

4blue2pink
November 2nd, 2018, 06:32 AM
ALL the blue twin dust LMSM :heart: i have everything crossed for blue for you!!

LMSM
November 3rd, 2018, 05:08 PM
:hug2::HH::awe::hugs:
ALL the blue twin dust LMSM :heart: i have everything crossed for blue for you!!
Thanks my lovely, and you my pink!!

Lilawt
November 6th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Can I join? Hoping to start my sway in January 2022! Ha! Not even joking!

Gotta pop out DS2 first.... oh and buy a bigger house, and a bigger car... just the usual.

Wishing everyone lots of luck!

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMSM
November 7th, 2018, 08:27 PM
5b3p... just a thought. Did it take you longer when you conceived girls? The fact you’re still waiting for your BFP though you are very fertile = good news on the LE swaying girl, no? Keeping my FX!!!

LMSM
November 7th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Lila..hehe, time goes faster the more kids you have so am sure 2022 will be here fast ! (Though yikes, my eldest will turn 9..nine!!! In 2022 lol)
I’ve seen soooomany mums with two boys have their third be a girl, your odds are good :)

4blue2pink
November 8th, 2018, 08:49 AM
5b3p... just a thought. Did it take you longer when you conceived girls? The fact you’re still waiting for your BFP though you are very fertile = good news on the LE swaying girl, no? Keeping my FX!!!

no it didnt :( our 1st girl (lost mid pregnancy) was conceived 4 months after ds1 was born and if she had lived those 2 would have had the smallest age gap of all our babies (12 months between them)

DD2 was born 14 months after DS4, (this is our usual age gap) she was conceived on a month i swore we were out! we only bd once and then i came down with a stomach bug and was wiped out for like a week, but 2 weeks later..BFP!!

DD3 was born 16 months after DD2 so a slightly larger age gap, but we did avoid pregnancy for 12 weeks due to swaying, i started the diet when DD1 turned 3 months and then started ttc 12 weeks later AND then we did 1 attempt doing AI which cuts odds of conception even further.. but still i got bfp on 2nd cycle of trying (i will add the 1st cycle wasnt timed properly)

with DS5 i was swaying so again 12 weeks avoiding while i build up time on LE diet, started ttc and it was 2nd month again.

this time the only difference is im on the PCOS diet due to having an opposite, i think i lost too much weight :( but this month i got af in the morning instead of late at night, got the positive opk on CD 14 instead of CD 17/18 and i had lots of ewcm (ive been having none) so a very different cycle to ALL the ones ive had since DS5 was born.. maybe a good thing? i dont know?? at this point it is going to be the biggest age gap we have ever had :( i just really hope it happens soon.

im not holding out much hope for this cycle.. we bd on the morning of CD 13 as i wasnt expecting positive opk till CD 17/18 but it was almost positive in the evening on CD 13 and positive with fmu on CD 14!! so left it at that CD13 attempt and then we bd again on the night of CD 16 just incase ov was delayed.

i just hope 24 hours before positive opk can still be a viable attempt?

LMSM
November 9th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Definitely still a viable attempt!!! You could ovulate 24h after that pos opk, making it 48h before O attempt attempt, still good!!
It does sound like the diet has had an impact , hopefully it’s just gearing up cor a pink BFP soon!!
(Sorry am doing a short response for now, miss Fia s little bum is on fire today, she can’t.keep.still lol)

4blue2pink
November 9th, 2018, 05:36 AM
Thanks LMSM :)
how long before ovulation are attempts still viable? i know a lot of sites claim sperm can live for 5 days but i think its much less than that in reality!! i thought 0-3 was really bad odds, 0-2 is better but not great and 0-1 is the best odds for conception?
cheeky little Fia :heart: hope she's having fun! :)

LMSM
November 9th, 2018, 06:25 AM
I think you’re right, 24h ish before O is ideal because sperm has time to makes its way up the tubes And be ready, waiting for when the egg is released. 48h still good odds...72h still likely but less so.
The thing is, some people have a short LH surge (like me) so once that opk goes positive, O is really not far away. Some people may not O until 48 or more hoirs’ after that first pos OPK. Plus, unless we were to take opks like every hour of the day, we may not catch the surge l because the levels’ drop sharply so it’s hard to pinpoint when the surge happened exactly and hence, depending on how your body works, when O is likely to occur (temping allows for a retrospective confirmation of O, but even then it’s only precise ish down t9 a day, not an hour iykwim?).
Aka, don’t agonise over the timing, if you conceive this month, you likely will have had the right number of attempts’ :)

Oh yes, Fia is having fun...she’s found forward commando crawling so she can actually go where she wants (Instead of reversing and getting stuck lol) so she goes exploring, it’s cute as...tiring too, because her sisters leave a trail’of STuff she finds interesting but could be dangerous so am forever picking up a pearl, a lego, some paper..you name’ it :P the beginning of true mobility hehe

4blue2pink
November 9th, 2018, 10:18 AM
i think my surge is short too, i only get a positive on the clearblue digi for 1 day not 2 like it says on the box, i had an almost positive opk around 9pm on CD 13 and then it was positive with fmu on cd 14 so i guess the surge started sometime during the night?

thinking back my DD2 was conceived with 1 attempt the day before positive opk, funnily enough attempt on the day of positive opk has never worked for me, in previous sways or this time so maybe day before is better for me..i hope so!!

so cute :heart: its hard work when they get moving isnt it!! and i feel you on the siblings leaving stuff everywhere that happens here too :)

are you guys still planning to ttc around this time next year?

LMSM
November 9th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Eek, FX!!! Maybe there is something to it :D sounds like your surge comes and goes out of your system pretty quickly so O isn’t far behind :)
I used the advanced CB monitor 3 days only- on CD 10 low fertility, next day high, and cd12 peak...BD on all those days got me Sofia :)
I think you have a great chance so here’s to good news in what, 10 days ish now? :)

Since I have trouble getting into gear, am so not blue friendly right now lol haven’t been since S arrived really...so need to get that going sigh
But as for ttc, I am still undecided...will depend on when I manage to wean bub of the boob too. How I feel work is going.
Plus, DH and his desire/ok for #4. Add to that the fact that I’d like to’ avoid being suuuuper big in summer (so falling pregnant in March-June best avoided), and ttc being better in summer or shortly after (sun exposure = vit D= blue!)...will have to do up my decision making excel lol
Buuuuut I think yes, from September onwards next year could be open to it. Both #2&3 were conceived with their siblings being 17/21 m.o so a 26/30 months gap- maybe leaving it longer could be good for blue, but am getting older too ( I turn 34 in Feb..so would at least be 35.5 y.o at delivery if we conceive straight away, in 12 months’ time) so not sure. See how many things I factor in, gah, hate it, I drive myself nuts haha - and wish I could just let go and say yup, will stop avoiding pregnancy from xx and see what happens..would be so much nicer lol

4blue2pink
November 10th, 2018, 08:57 AM
ive got a suspicion that i might ovulate the same day as the positive opk which would make the o-day attempts too late but ive never had bloodwork or scans so i dont know for sure. yeah af is due in 9 days so we will see :)

its crazy how many blue swayers are such planners!! ive never made a list in my life let alone excel spread sheets!! i admire your organisation hugely :heart: but maybe letting it all go is the key to blue ;) lots of us boy mums are too busy snacking and bd to make lists (though i know there are boy mums who are complete and total control freaks-just not me haha)
maybe changing that wound-up driving your self nuts type stress could work in your favour? i know some women get a huge buzz from it and they seem to be the ones with all boys (clearly it does something blue to them) but stress can be negative and maybe your body is sensitive to it in a different way (which does something pink) i react very badly to stress it makes me ill and i got my DD2 (after 4 boys) following a period of stress that made me ill, no swaying i didnt know about it back then so diet and lifestyle were as blue friendly as ever!!

LMSM
November 14th, 2018, 04:19 AM
I wish I could let go, and just not plan, but that is soooo against my nature. Hubs calls me control freak lol I like knowing what I am doing and when....including babymaking :P
Self imposed stress (being competitive, setting yourself a challenge, etc) is good for blue whereas stress from external factors seems to sways pink..I think? I.e too much can be bad for’ fertility too, though.
I think personally, I will need to work on not stressing about external stuff but focus my energy on being super driven and use that to achieve a goal, including the ttc..iykwim? I.e not worn down and unwell from anxiety but motivated but self imposed challenges ..hope that works FX
An just a wee but counting down days for you, lovely..can’t wait to see if this is THE cycle. FX! When will you test? :D

4blue2pink
November 17th, 2018, 06:14 AM
That sounds like a good plan :) dont stress over things you cant control just focus on your blue sway project.

Thankyou :heart: i tested today (12dpo) and got bfp :) so so happy :) it looks like having our attempt the day before positive opk is what works for us.

mommymachine
November 17th, 2018, 09:55 AM
That sounds like a good plan :) dont stress over things you cant control just focus on your blue sway project.

Thankyou :heart: i tested today (12dpo) and got bfp :) so so happy :) it looks like having our attempt the day before positive opk is what works for us.

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic news!!! So you're due July/August?

4blue2pink
November 17th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Thankyou so much!! :heart: i really appreciate all the positivity and support here, sadly very few people will congratulate us in real life it will mainly just be rude comments, do you find this too mommymachine? once you go above 2/3 kids is when i found it started.

yes all being well baby will be due last week of july/first week of august :) we have never had a summer baby, ours are born in october, november, december, january, march and may. but our little girl who we lost was due in june so she would of been our summer girl and we have no birthdays in our house from may until october so the summer feels like a big empty gap, fingers crossed this little one gets here safely and claims that summer birthday spot :D who says you cant still have "first's" in a big family!! :)

how is everything with you? are you guys still aiming for ttc in 2020? i will be so excited to see what you end up having, tie-breaker baby!! :)

LMSM
November 19th, 2018, 03:23 PM
OMG, that is awesome news..woohoo!!!! Congrats :)
So happy for you, so exciting !DD1 was born in July..though here it’s the middle of winter then hehe
Might be a sign for a little girl, if your angel daughter was the only other child due in summer..maybe she wants to help “fill that gap” ,as you say :)
Team green this time too? (You’re going to make it hard for me, not knowing , just sayin’ lol)

4blue2pink
November 19th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Thankyou so much LMSM :heart: im just hoping everything goes well and we make it to full term, this very early stage always worries me, so far we have never lost a baby early (only our daughter at 18 weeks) but when there are zero symptoms and obviously no movements it scares me, once the sickness kicks in around week 5 even though its so rough (ugh!!) it helps me feel like i really am pregnant!! so far all i have is a faint-ish line on the one step test, not a squinter, its definitely there but is lighter than the control line.

yes i feel that too, like she has a hand in this somehow :heart: its funny because normally girls names are a nightmare for us, we can never find one (DD2 nameless for 2 days after birth and DD3 nameless for 5 weeks!!), but this time i have found a girls name i love which popped into my head out of no-where and even stranger..its got the same first letter as our angel girls name :heart:

yes i am 100% team green :D haha sorry!! i loved it so much last time i dont think id ever want to find out again :)

Pbn3
November 19th, 2018, 08:20 PM

Thankyou [emoji813] i tested today (12dpo) and got bfp :) so so happy :) it looks like having our attempt the day before positive opk is what works for us.Congratulations!!!! Just stumbled across this in a quick drop in! So happy for you!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LMSM
November 19th, 2018, 10:15 PM
At only 12dpo, you wouldn’t expect a line stronger than control( at least for most people) so that sounds perfect!!!! :)
I know it’s a tough thing, this first trimester..before you can feel bubs move and the wanting reassuring symptoms but dreading them too! I have a good vibe for this baby so will keep my FX so much that this is your summer baby, and cherry on the icing (plus cherries are in season in summer hehe) , pink baby :D
As for the team green thing, you did sound soooo relaxed and enjoying it that I knew you’d do it again haha wish I could, but not sure I’d cope having only one gender already :) maybe my husband could persuade me if he was keen on team green though because reading how you loved it has made me think, well, maybe we could hehe :D
Love that you have found a girl name already, sounds like it’s just meant to Be :awe: and if it’s a boy, gosh another Wade cutie pie would be so adorable too ^^

LMSM
November 19th, 2018, 10:16 PM
PBN, with the first birthdays wave coming sooner than we’d like, new babies on their way is like soooo awesome :D

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Yes that's normal for this stage gestation - huge congrats!

4blue2pink
November 20th, 2018, 05:25 AM
Thankyou so much pbn and Atomic :heart:

LMSM you could start out team green and then if at any point it isnt working for you then find out :) thats how i went into it as i wasnt sure if it would drive me insane!! in the end i found it so much less stressful than finding out, but i do find it hard to imagine and bond with a baby who isnt here yet which i think makes gd worse.. i was sick of having my pregnancies wrecked by it, it was so nice to just enjoy being pregnant for once (that would not of happened if i had found out he was a boy)

another boy would be great :D a buddy and wrestling partner for W :heart: he is so much younger than the other boys that giving him a brother close in age would be perfect, i wont lie i was seriously considering stopping my pink sway to really up the odds of a little brother for him :)

LMSM
November 22nd, 2018, 06:00 PM
Either way, bub is going to love it’s family And vice versa :) I think you said you hadn’t put a limit on how many kids so ... enjoy your green baby :)

I’m sure I will at least try team green next time, whether the control freak in me will cope, we shall see lol

mommymachine
November 25th, 2018, 06:50 PM
1 month down, 17 to go! :)

4blue2pink
November 26th, 2018, 02:34 PM
1 month down, 17 to go! :)

so exciting the months will soon fly over mommymachine :D

LMSM
November 27th, 2018, 05:24 PM
By the time you have Bub, ttc will definitely in sight :)

4blue2pink
November 27th, 2018, 06:26 PM
By the time you have Bub, ttc will definitely in sight :)

is that for you as well as mommymachine LMSM? :D is your dh now fully on board for #4? so exciting!! **all my blue dust**

LMSM
November 28th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Haha I was thinking late 2019..but haven’t done’ my Excel yet to find the exact « sweet spot so to speak of ttc. Summer is December-March here but warm months really span September to April ish. Trying to avoid being huge in the heat so would love a April-June DD meaning conception in July -September buuut S will only be 16-18 m.o then so not sure if we wait till the year after... yes, I am overthinking it lol hubby is silent but I haven’t said anyt, mostly to not pressure him. M has been asking , no later than yesterday for a baby brother’ better twin brothers lol we shall see where life’s takes us. First, back to work, to exercise and finding our balance ..and Then, come what may :D
How are you feeling?,

4blue2pink
December 1st, 2018, 07:48 AM
LMSM do all the spreadsheets ;) spreadsheets have to sway blue!! im with you on not wanting to be huge in the summer but then ive always wanted a summer baby and will be due bang in the middle of summer this time so i'll just have to suffer the heat!!
how old would you like S to be ideally for ttc #4? love that M is asking for brothers :heart: how can dh say no? :)

im ok thanks :) 5 weeks 5 days today, feeling sick kicked in yesterday (no vomiting yet) ive got my B6 and unisom ordered after so many ladies in our due date group swore by it last time so fingers crossed it stops it getting too bad.

LMSM
December 11th, 2018, 05:47 PM
I have to get out the laptop today as I need to select a pic for our Xmas card so so *may* start on that excel if S lets me !(she’s had on and off fever since Sunday, no real other symptom bar grumpy /clingy but fine after the Panadol kicks in )
I keep twisting and turning this in my head - I really would like to avoid summer third trim (Dec-Feb), so a birth in May-Oct would be ok. Buuut I also want to wait until S is at least 18 m.o (Sept next year) - but that will depend on when she is weaned ( I only really had 3 cycles post full weaning with Eloise, so want to give my body more time). Will let you know what my spreadsheet predicts as an ideal window for conception with alllll my parameters lol

Hopefully for you, summer 2019 won’t be too bad! I know how up and down the weather can be in summer in Europe! When we were there in June, it was warm -30+ degrees. Two years prior in mid May till mid June it was mostly 8-15 degrees lol
How is the nausea? Feeling ok? You are a Wonder Woman, pregnant with young kids tribe care for...are you going to keep the pregnancy secret this time for them too? :D

Mum of four monkeys
December 12th, 2018, 03:30 AM
Eek, FX!!! Maybe there is something to it :D sounds like your surge comes and goes out of your system pretty quickly so O isn’t far behind :)
I used the advanced CB monitor 3 days only- on CD 10 low fertility, next day high, and cd12 peak...BD on all those days got me Sofia :)
I think you have a great chance so here’s to good news in what, 10 days ish now? :)

Since I have trouble getting into gear, am so not blue friendly right now lol haven’t been since S arrived really...so need to get that going sigh
But as for ttc, I am still undecided...will depend on when I manage to wean bub of the boob too. How I feel work is going.
Plus, DH and his desire/ok for #4. Add to that the fact that I’d like to’ avoid being suuuuper big in summer (so falling pregnant in March-June best avoided), and ttc being better in summer or shortly after (sun exposure = vit D= blue!)...will have to do up my decision making excel lol
Buuuuut I think yes, from September onwards next year could be open to it. Both #2&3 were conceived with their siblings being 17/21 m.o so a 26/30 months gap- maybe leaving it longer could be good for blue, but am getting older too ( I turn 34 in Feb..so would at least be 35.5 y.o at delivery if we conceive straight away, in 12 months’ time) so not sure. See how many things I factor in, gah, hate it, I drive myself nuts haha - and wish I could just let go and say yup, will stop avoiding pregnancy from xx and see what happens..would be so much nicer lol

LMSM does vitamin D sway blue? 🙈

LMSM
December 12th, 2018, 04:07 AM
It seems so! Blue swayers are told to get vit D supplements and exposure to the sun where possible :)

Mum of four monkeys
December 12th, 2018, 04:43 AM
It seems so! Blue swayers are told to get vit D supplements and exposure to the sun where possible :)

Eeek! I’ve been taking it by recommendation due to still breastfeeding 😬

4blue2pink
December 12th, 2018, 06:09 AM
I have to get out the laptop today as I need to select a pic for our Xmas card so so *may* start on that excel if S lets me !(she’s had on and off fever since Sunday, no real other symptom bar grumpy /clingy but fine after the Panadol kicks in )
I keep twisting and turning this in my head - I really would like to avoid summer third trim (Dec-Feb), so a birth in May-Oct would be ok. Buuut I also want to wait until S is at least 18 m.o (Sept next year) - but that will depend on when she is weaned ( I only really had 3 cycles post full weaning with Eloise, so want to give my body more time). Will let you know what my spreadsheet predicts as an ideal window for conception with alllll my parameters lol

Hopefully for you, summer 2019 won’t be too bad! I know how up and down the weather can be in summer in Europe! When we were there in June, it was warm -30+ degrees. Two years prior in mid May till mid June it was mostly 8-15 degrees lol
How is the nausea? Feeling ok? You are a Wonder Woman, pregnant with young kids tribe care for...are you going to keep the pregnancy secret this time for them too? :D

last summer was a hot one :) im so happy to finally be getting a summer baby so i'll just have to sweat it out haha ive started unisom and the sickness is GONE!! this drug is a miracle :D its making me exhausted because it is a sleeping tablet but the tiredness is so so so worth it!! cant recommend it enough ive gone from feeling like crap to no nausea at all :)
we wont announce this pregnancy either, the kids can just meet baby once he/she arrives :)
i hope S is feeling better :heart: and that you got the chance to start your spreadsheet!!

4blue2pink
December 12th, 2018, 06:11 AM
mum of 4 i remember you from the due date group :) are you swaying again? :)

Mum of four monkeys
December 12th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Hi 4blue2pink,
Yes I am!! I’m still breastfeeding LO though, so pinpointing O.V seems to be proving tricky. Hoping for an end of summer/autumn baby. If it doesn’t happen soon, I think my best bet would be to purchase a plan and hold off until later next year. My sway has been different this time, but I still feel I need a few pointers ��

Just catching up with the posts when did you get your bfp? X

4blue2pink
December 12th, 2018, 12:14 PM
i got my bfp on the 17th november :) good luck with your sway im so excited you guys are going for #6 :D i hope you get your end of summer/autumn baby

Princess Mom
December 12th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Hi! I been on the LE diet since the ending of June, I been holding off on ttc since my 24 month old DD became a monster lol, I eased on the diet but still sticking to limits. I am now starting to do cut out snacking, I hardly been eating meat. Not snacking around the holidays has been difficult. I really pray for one more daughter. My DH is almost 43 I’m 31, I wanted to wait another year but DH isn’t getting any younger. I would love to have some women to chat with

Mum of four monkeys
December 12th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Congrats!! Thanks 4blue2pink

LMSM
December 12th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Vit D is great but because it is helping with fertility /sustaining pregnancy etc, it sways blue. Seems it’s been a strong blue tactic !
Check with Atomic, but might be best to find supps that are pink friendly - if need be you could give K vit D supplements ? Nit sure what is available,.. we’ve never supplement e the kids because we live in a sub topical climate and get plenty of sun.

LMSM
December 12th, 2018, 06:39 PM
4b2p... hooray for Unisom! Not sure if it’s readily available here’, but next let will have to check because blah, nothing worse than all day sickness!!!
( thanks Fia is better but still clingy..no spreadsheets as yet lol)
When is your first u/s?

Welcome Princess mom!
:)

With all of you hoping for girls, what about I send you alllll my pink dust and you send me your blue haha

Mum of four monkeys
December 12th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Ha ha LMSM i’m up for that! Ah damn! seems there’s a few strong blue tactics I’ve been doing and not known 😬🙏🏽

Welcome princess mom!

4blue2pink
December 13th, 2018, 10:25 AM
LMSM i got it online!! its so worth it i cant recommend it enough, also i feel less tired now so i think ive kind of adjusted to it which is great!! :D there is no way im coming off it till the sickness has gone!! so glad Fia is feeling better :heart: no scans i dont think :) i didnt have any with W and unless i change my mind and feel i need one or something happens which i want checking out then i will most likely decline them this time too, though i always have the option of them if i want or need :)

All the blue dust in the world to you :bluecheer: :bluecheer::bluecheer:

Hi Princess Mom :)

LMSM
December 13th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Unisom is on my list for next time then :D
Glad you’re feeling better with it!! Oh I thought you had the 20-w scan with W for some reason... I know what kind of birth you are planning too, a bit jelly, it seems so magical :awe: Hubs wouldn’t even agree with a HB :(
(99% sure S had roseola so nothing serious, she just has the distinctive post fever days rash now..phew!)

Mofm, if you want to run by us the stuff you are doing’ let us know, we might find things that are needing tweaking ;) how are your beautiful boys btw?

My eldest is doing her last day of prep, so emotional yesterday at the class party! She’s had an amazing teacher so hope the next ones (in grade 1, she will have two that job share) will be just as great, at least she gets to have soem of her friends’ with her in the new class (not all but it’s good). So this mumma is a bit emotional today :( good thing I’ve got a baby to cuddle, my biggest baby is growing too fast!

4blue2pink
December 14th, 2018, 06:51 AM
i dont know how (or why haha) i suffered through the sickness without the unisom all 8 times before this one!! the difference it is making is unbelievable. no i didnt have any with W as wanted to do team green and knew if i saw even a side profile face shot i'd know the gender!! (our boys and girls have had very different head shapes) yes birth plan remains the same :heart: team green really added to it last time too, getting to see what baby was without anyone else there and then being the only ones to know for a couple of hours till our midwife arrived was amazing :)
so glad S seems ok :) are you guys finished for the school year now? over here the year starts in September and ends in July. how is M getting on? i know you had a rough patch a while back :heart:

Mum of four monkeys
December 15th, 2018, 07:11 PM
:running:
Unisom is on my list for next time then :D
Glad you’re feeling better with it!! Oh I thought you had the 20-w scan with W for some reason... I know what kind of birth you are planning too, a bit jelly, it seems so magical :awe: Hubs wouldn’t even agree with a HB :(
(99% sure S had roseola so nothing serious, she just has the distinctive post fever days rash now..phew!)

Mofm, if you want to run by us the stuff you are doing’ let us know, we might find things that are needing tweaking ;) how are your beautiful boys btw?

My eldest is doing her last day of prep, so emotional yesterday at the class party! She’s had an amazing teacher so hope the next ones (in grade 1, she will have two that job share) will be just as great, at least she gets to have soem of her friends’ with her in the new class (not all but it’s good). So this mumma is a bit emotional today :( good thing I’ve got a baby to cuddle, my biggest baby is growing too fast!

Basically, I was worried about having green tea the first few weeks of my diet ( half a cup a day) + vit D and tomatoes having a negative effect. I didn’t cut out the toms due to an over sight but wasn’t eating more than 3 portions per week anyway....I did cut them out all together in the last few weeks But vit D is advised if you are still nursing. Don’t suppose it makes much difference now. If I don’t get a bfp this month I guess it gives me more time on the diet...yippee!:running:

LMSM
December 15th, 2018, 07:45 PM
I didn’t really know about Unisom’ either..if the nausea is as bad next time, will def look into it ! The things we go through for our babes, eh?!
So funny your girls and boys had such distinctive head shapes that you could tell gender based on that alone...to me a b&w 2d scan head shot looks the same lol

Love the births you have, as I said’ seems so magical!!! :awe:

Yep, school year runs from Jan to Dec. it’s the summer break until end of January ;) M is ok, up and down, but working on it- she’s just so impulsive it can be hard when you’re out of patience yourself’ to stay calm’instead Of fuelling her behaviour. Ah ewell, FX some time to relax over the break will do her good :)

4blue2pink
December 16th, 2018, 10:16 AM
the sickness is rough but i found unisom readily available online along with the vit B6 :)

yes the skull shape has been so different!! with my #5 (DD2/1st living girl) i went to the gender scan at 18 weeks and after psyching myself up to hear boy #5 the first shot was a side profile of babys head and i remember thinking "that is such a different head shape to the boys" and sure enough potty shot was 3 lines :) #6 (DD3) was the same a really small smooth rounded head with no prominent forehead, all our boys had really big squared prominent foreheads on the scan.

enjoy your summer break :D its crazy to me that you guys have christmas in the summer holidays!! :) the break will do M good im sure :heart:

LMSM
January 1st, 2019, 05:03 AM
the sickness is rough but i found unisom readily available online along with the vit B6 :)

yes the skull shape has been so different!! with my #5 (DD2/1st living girl) i went to the gender scan at 18 weeks and after psyching myself up to hear boy #5 the first shot was a side profile of babys head and i remember thinking "that is such a different head shape to the boys" and sure enough potty shot was 3 lines :) #6 (DD3) was the same a really small smooth rounded head with no prominent forehead, all our boys had really big squared prominent foreheads on the scan.

enjoy your summer break :D its crazy to me that you guys have christmas in the summer holidays!! :) the break will do M good im sure :heart:

Can see why you’d want to just avoid scans then to not ruin your team green journey :D
If I ever have a boy, will compare to the girls’ pics haha

Hope the Xmas and NY went well, with no sickness in sight!
The holidays actually are super tough because I have the three girls on my own as hubs is doing Reno’s downstairs (shouldnt complain about that to you, you have a way bigger fam to manage! ) and’ M is a pain.Royal pain. (And’ E copies her.non stop mischief).So trying to be calm and understanding but she triggers me sooooo bad, I struggle being the cool Mumma I’d love to be. Next week will be easier´, we will get a bit of time alone’ ;) hopefully regather, reconnect, rekindle our mummy daughter bond because it feels fraught at the moment :(
Xx

mommymachine
May 24th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Hope everyone is doing well! Less than a year now before we try for another baby (ies) ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2019, 05:18 PM
Soooo excited!!!

LMSM
May 24th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Yippee!!!! :D

4blue2pink
May 25th, 2019, 07:30 AM
:D so exciting!!

mommymachine
August 15th, 2019, 09:11 PM
9 more months until we start trying!!! I’m getting so excited.

mommymachine
August 23rd, 2019, 10:48 AM
Anyone else planning on TTC in spring (May) of 2020??

princessreader
August 23rd, 2019, 05:26 PM
9 more months until we start trying!!! I’m getting so excited.

Have all your deliveries been natural? I’m so excited for you x x x

4blue2pink
August 24th, 2019, 08:57 AM

i dont plan to ttc at a specific time it'll happen when it's meant to (not trying-not preventing) but depending on how long everything takes i might be around :) i got my last bfp 10 months after DS5 was born, and my youngest will be 9 months old in may 2020 :heart:

MsDashwood
September 1st, 2019, 03:22 AM

Me!! That’s when we plan to start trying.

mommymachine
September 11th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Me!! That’s when we plan to start trying.

Awesome!! That’s great news.

mommymachine
September 11th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Have all your deliveries been natural? I’m so excited for you x x x

No c-sections but I’ve always had to be induced for high blood pressure.

LMSM
September 11th, 2019, 11:46 PM
I am now looking at July/August ish next year so a bit later -(4b2p hopefully we can be in the TTC together this time around :D)

MsDashwood
September 12th, 2019, 07:05 AM
I am now looking at July/August ish next year so a bit later -(4b2p hopefully we can be in the TTC together this time around :D)

Ideally we want May but we may end up being July-August as well

4blue2pink
September 12th, 2019, 10:50 AM

Yay!!!! :bluecheer: :bluecheer: :bluecheer: id LOVE to share the whole ttc/pregnancy/baby journey with you again :heart:

LMSM
September 15th, 2019, 10:30 PM
:love: yay! - can't wait for TTC, but want to give it my all, so slowly but surely getting into gear (if only my daughter would sleep better, I'd have sooo much more energy to exercise lol)

mommymachine
November 8th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Just 6 more months now. Kind of disappointed that I still have 6 months to go, feeling very ready in a lot of ways. Some of my children are also longing for more babies. My 6 year old daughter in particular. She was only 2.5 when her little sister was born, so she didn’t really understand that much, but now I know she would be an excellent “little mother” and I’m excited to see that, and for her to have that experience. But it will go by. Christmas is coming up, followed by a huge family vacation to Disneyland in February. May will be here before we know it :)

4blue2pink
November 8th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Just 6 more months now. Kind of disappointed that I still have 6 months to go, feeling very ready in a lot of ways. Some of my children are also longing for more babies. My 6 year old daughter in particular. She was only 2.5 when her little sister was born, so she didn’t really understand that much, but now I know she would be an excellent “little mother” and I’m excited to see that, and for her to have that experience. But it will go by. Christmas is coming up, followed by a huge family vacation to Disneyland in February. May will be here before we know it :)

6 months will fly by :) im so excited for you!! my kids are the same they always want more babies :heart: i had my first postpartum af a couple of weeks ago so we are officially NT-NP, sway wise im doing a pink friendly diet but that is all, what is meant to be will be :)

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2019, 11:21 AM
I'm so excited - have a lovely holiday season and a great time at Disney!! You are a superhero taking your kiddos to Disneyland I'm soooo impressed!! :)

mommymachine
November 9th, 2019, 04:06 PM
I'm so excited - have a lovely holiday season and a great time at Disney!! You are a superhero taking your kiddos to Disneyland I'm soooo impressed!! :)

Thanks but I’ll have lots of help!!! My husband, my mother in law, my sister in law, and my dad are all coming as well!!

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Nice!!! I hope you guys have a great time!

mommymachine
December 17th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Just 4.5 months now. I hope everyone has a very Blessed and Merry Christmas!!!

LMSM
December 17th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Merry Xmas!
How exciting that your countdown is now less than 6 months!!! :D
Mine is probably 7-8 ish and I am freaking out...soooo not ready lol

4blue2pink
December 18th, 2019, 02:52 PM
so exciting :D these last few months will fly by :heart:

LMSM im so excited for you guys to go for #4!! :heart:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all :) here's to lots of bfp's in 2020!! xxx

Lulila
December 18th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Hi there!
I'm currently pregnant with DS3. My due date is in march 2020 and i would like to sway pink at the end of the year, like oct-nov 2020. I know it's crazy but we've done very well with 2 year gap, so if all goes well with DS3 we'll try for a shorter one so we can get through the baby stage sooner (although i love the first year so much it can be addictive).
best luck to everyone!!!

mommymachine
January 17th, 2020, 08:04 PM
Just 3.5 months to go. Can’t wait to join the May TWW group.

Princess Mom
February 4th, 2020, 12:20 PM
I plan on trying April-May, I’ve been on le from July but stops a few times and had a chemical after Christmas. Been off diet for a month, so I restarted, this time I am doing what I did when I got my DD. I cut out sweets and soda, and no meat. lent is coming up so I usually do it anyway I just started early.

I’m a huge sweets eater. So cutting it out. I eat lunch around 11:30-12 am, I do have coffee with no cream just equal in morning. Dinner around 4:30-5pm since my kids are so hungry after school. Then a late snack before 8pm. Been on it for a week and doing good this time around. Finally at the point where I’m ready for this. Best of luck ladies!

Princess Mom
February 4th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Just 3.5 months to go. Can’t wait to join the May TWW group.

Same here :) are you swaying pink again?

tillytys
February 5th, 2020, 03:44 AM
Good luck MM, and yes are you swaying!

mommymachine
February 10th, 2020, 02:55 PM
Hello! Nope not swaying this time. Just doing my usual eating. I drink 2-3 cups of black tea a day with lots of cream or milk. I don’t usually eat breakfast or eat a very light breakfast but I always have tea first thing. I eat unhealthy a lot of the time and absolutely prefer carbs and meat to fruit and veggie. I realize this is a problem lol. Sometimes I go gluten-light because I know it helps me lose weight and also it’s better for my thyroid condition. I’m over weight, 175 lbs at 5’6”. I’m always trying to lose weight. Plus lent is coming up and I’ll be going gluten-light except on Sunday’s.

So I feel it’s probably balanced? We will see!!

Just got back from Disneyland a couple of days ago. It was amazing.

4blue2pink
February 10th, 2020, 06:35 PM
Ahhh MommyMachine your family is beautiful!! :heart: May is almost here!! :D

mommymachine
February 11th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Ahhh MommyMachine your family is beautiful!! :heart: May is almost here!! :D

Thank you!

mommymachine
February 22nd, 2020, 11:37 AM
So change of plans, we are swaying blue! I’m excited but nervous as it’s so completely different from my lifestyle. I have a lot of allergies to raw fruits and veggies but I can eat them cooked. I have a lot of weight to lose still so this is tentatively my plan;

Get myself and DH on the supplements
- multivitamins for both of us
- salmon oil for both of us
- probiotics for both
- coq10 for both
- folic acid for me

I think both of our multivitamins have vitamin D in them but not the whole suggested 1000ui

Plus I will switch to the healthy boy foods and make sure I’m eating regularly but not go up to 2000 calories until about a month before TTC.

I’m way over my head in terms of weight lifting and any help would be appreciated.

3 blue 3 pink

TTC in May 2020

mommymachine
March 1st, 2020, 09:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/fded89e0b5ca763c9d05e026a47c622f.jpg

Baby boy starter kit!!! Oh, plus my iron (since I’m low) :)

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

mommymachine
March 7th, 2020, 06:10 PM
Just 8 weeks to go! Getting so excited.

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

tillytys
March 9th, 2020, 05:20 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/fded89e0b5ca763c9d05e026a47c622f.jpg

Baby boy starter kit!!! Oh, plus my iron (since I’m low) :)

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

Brings back fond blue memories:bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2020, 11:54 AM
what is all of it?

mommymachine
March 10th, 2020, 03:42 PM
what is all of it?

The orange and brown one is my prescribed iron. Then there is;

A multivitamin
Vitamin D3
Two folic acid (1000mcg each)
CoQ10 60mg
And a probiotic.

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2020, 01:50 PM
Ok great!! Just making sure!

If your multi has D in it you may not need to add more.

mommymachine
March 11th, 2020, 05:11 PM
It does..but only 800UI. Do you think that’s enough?

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2020, 03:18 PM
I like anywhere in the neighborhood of 1000. A little more, a little less is ok. Just not exponentially more, LOL.

mommymachine
March 29th, 2020, 09:51 PM
Thanks Atomic. I have an important question; which of the above supplements do I stop at ovulation if any, and which do I need to wean off of at BFP?

Thanks!

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2020, 01:55 PM
The orange and brown one is my prescribed iron. Then there is;

A multivitamin
Vitamin D3
Two folic acid (1000mcg each)
CoQ10 60mg
And a probiotic.

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

just posting this here for people to see what you're taking

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Multivitamin, D3, probiotic can be continued all thru pregnancy

Coq10 weaned off at BFP

Extra folic acid take at that level thru the entire first tri, then wean off

None of those are stopped at ovulation.

mommymachine
March 30th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Multivitamin, D3, probiotic can be continued all thru pregnancy

Coq10 weaned off at BFP

Extra folic acid take at that level thru the entire first tri, then wean off

None of those are stopped at ovulation.

Awesome thank you so much!

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

mommymachine
April 13th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Another question Atomic, how do you feel about one of these everyday?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/50b574c0e76ee224b1511da9f4e2ae91.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/37f1438df8c237464666fb6e50c86907.jpg

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2020, 11:53 AM
They have artificial sweeteners in them and are probably best avoided.

mommymachine
April 26th, 2020, 01:06 PM
So I average around 1300-1600 calories a day. Otherwise I gain weight like crazy. I gain so much weight during my pregnancies because I don’t hold back on food. I’ve worked hard to lose weight to where I am now, still overweight though with a BMI of 27.5. How many calories should I be eating during pregnancy to make sure the baby is getting enough but not go crazy like I always have before?

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
April 27th, 2020, 12:52 PM
How tall are you?

mommymachine
April 27th, 2020, 01:13 PM
5’5.5”

Around 165 lbs

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

atomic sagebrush
April 28th, 2020, 01:18 PM
1800 to start with, and then let your weight gain be your guide. :)

mommymachine
April 28th, 2020, 02:15 PM
1800 to start with, and then let your weight gain be your guide. :)

Thanks Atomic. I appreciate it!

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

mommymachine
April 29th, 2020, 11:25 AM
CD 1 for me! We are officially TTC :) Should ovulate around May 10/11.

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

4blue2pink
April 29th, 2020, 01:41 PM
CD 1 for me! We are officially TTC :) Should ovulate around May 10/11.

3 blue 3 pink

Swaying blue in May!

Yay im so excited for you!! :heart: sending you all my blue dust!! x

mommymachine
April 29th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Yay im so excited for you!! :heart: sending you all my blue dust!! x

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!

4blue2pink
May 1st, 2020, 08:16 AM

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!

we're not strictly "trying" but we dont prevent, what is meant for us will be :) my cycles have been back for a while and we are now in the timeframe where i usually conceive following the last baby.
Our youngest is now 9 months old and i wont lie my fingers are crossed for another sticky bfp but ultimately i feel its out of our control :heart:
im not sure if it means anything but it does seem that our age-gaps are getting bigger now, our youngest 2 have the biggest age gap (19m) despite us not preventing and if i get bfp this month it'll be an almost 18m gap.

If you dont mind me asking, with you being a mum of many are they obsessed with post-partum hemorrhage during your pregnancies? over here (UK) its all they talk about, its like they are certain i will bleed out and die despite me never losing more than 150mls with any of my births. Im starting to think its used as a way to try and scare women out of having what society sees as "too many" babies.

Lulila
May 1st, 2020, 10:33 AM
How exciting to be on the TTC boat!! Lots of baby dust for you.
I'm nearly a month postpartum with mi little one, DS3. I said I would sway at the end of the year but not so sure now, lol.

4blue2pink they did warn me about more risk of hemorrhage being my third. I have to say I was like a waterfall until they got a piece of membrane or placenta that was a bit stuck. But they didn't say more so I guess it was just scary in the moment but ended up well. Bleeding-wise, I feel it's been about the same than with the other 2, but the afterpains...wow, it felt like going through labour again! (And ive always gone for natural birth).

I hope you all get your bfp soon!

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

mommymachine
May 1st, 2020, 07:53 PM
we're not strictly "trying" but we dont prevent, what is meant for us will be :) my cycles have been back for a while and we are now in the timeframe where i usually conceive following the last baby.
Our youngest is now 9 months old and i wont lie my fingers are crossed for another sticky bfp but ultimately i feel its out of our control :heart:
im not sure if it means anything but it does seem that our age-gaps are getting bigger now, our youngest 2 have the biggest age gap (19m) despite us not preventing and if i get bfp this month it'll be an almost 18m gap.

If you dont mind me asking, with you being a mum of many are they obsessed with post-partum hemorrhage during your pregnancies? over here (UK) its all they talk about, its like they are certain i will bleed out and die despite me never losing more than 150mls with any of my births. Im starting to think its used as a way to try and scare women out of having what society sees as "too many" babies.

Not at all. I’ve heard about it, and I know it’s a thing, but they have hardly ever brought it up. My OBGYN has never commented on the number of children I have, she has only said “we will take care of the next one as well as we take care of this one” however that was 3 babies ago lol. That’s so interesting that you experience that. Weird how places are so different.

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!

mommymachine
May 1st, 2020, 07:55 PM
I'm nearly a month postpartum with mi little one, DS3. I said I would sway at the end of the year but not so sure now, lol.

4blue2pink they did warn me about more risk of hemorrhage being my third. I have to say I was like a waterfall until they got a piece of membrane or placenta that was a bit stuck. But they didn't say more so I guess it was just scary in the moment but ended up well. Bleeding-wise, I feel it's been about the same than with the other 2, but the afterpains...wow, it felt like going through labour again! (And ive always gone for natural birth).

I agree, the after pains are awful.

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!

4blue2pink
May 3rd, 2020, 05:49 PM

Im sorry you had a scary experience Lulila but Congratulations on your ds3! :heart: Yes the talk of pph started on my 3rd baby too, it wasnt mentioned at all for my 1st or 2nd.
totally agree the afterpains are brutal.

4blue2pink
May 3rd, 2020, 05:55 PM
Not at all. I’ve heard about it, and I know it’s a thing, but they have hardly ever brought it up. My OBGYN has never commented on the number of children I have, she has only said “we will take care of the next one as well as we take care of this one” however that was 3 babies ago lol. That’s so interesting that you experience that. Weird how places are so different.

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!

wow thankyou for answering, your care sounds fab! :) ive heard similar from US mums too, it seems its a UK thing and im starting to think it ties into our society not wanting to encourage large families. Pph talk starts out of nowhere on your 3rd pregnancy and is relentless, its like they want to try and scare you out of going for #4.

LMSM
May 3rd, 2020, 06:39 PM
I think it could be linked to your “kind of “labour too? Since I have quick births, they were worried about it by #2 (I mean they seee getting impatient with placenta not being out within a few minutes m but it was after 8” (which is nothing! But felt like forever given the birth was so quick lol) .. with precipitous labour’s, they worry the uterus will struggle contracting after delivering, resulting in hemorrhage. I guess the more babies, the more likely that the uterus will be “worn” and less likely to contract efficiently?

LMSM
May 3rd, 2020, 06:41 PM
Mommy, didn’t realise you were swaying blue! :)
Since you have three of each would really love to hear your thoughts on what you think really made the difference (for you) between conceptions of boys vs girls :)

mommymachine
May 3rd, 2020, 07:16 PM
Mommy, didn’t realise you were swaying blue! :)
Since you have three of each would really love to hear your thoughts on what you think really made the difference (for you) between conceptions of boys vs girls :)

I really truly think prayer was first and foremost. Following that, I absolutely without a doubt was in a more declining maternal condition with my girls than I was with my boys. I was breastfeeding with each of them as well (actually maybe not with DD3 I can’t remember) and both DD2 and DD3 were following miscarriages in recent months. I asked my DH what he would want next and he said a boy, so this time I am swaying for him as he has swayed for me in the past, and now I am in love with the idea of another little boy. Whatever will be will be. This is my largest gap by far, DD3 will be 4 in June, and I feel it would “make sense” if it was a boy. But we will see!!!

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!

4blue2pink
May 4th, 2020, 09:51 AM
I think it could be linked to your “kind of “labour too? Since I have quick births, they were worried about it by #2 (I mean they seee getting impatient with placenta not being out within a few minutes m but it was after 8” (which is nothing! But felt like forever given the birth was so quick lol) .. with precipitous labour’s, they worry the uterus will struggle contracting after delivering, resulting in hemorrhage. I guess the more babies, the more likely that the uterus will be “worn” and less likely to contract efficiently?

i would understand it better if that was the case but they do it to everyone here as soon as you reach pregnancy #3, my first 2 werent really fast births either, #1 was over 12 hours and #2 was 4 hours. Your right 8 mins is nothing for a placenta, my quickest was with #4 at around 5 mins and then my longest was with baby #6 that took 3 hours, though tbh i thnk if id got out of the bath earlier and stood/walked about it wouldve come quicker, all were without the injection. Do they offer the injection for the placenta over there?

yes they do say that more babies=saggy uterus :) but when ive looked it up for myself ive seen accounts from midives who have attended lots of grand multip (over 5 births) and great-grand multip (over 10 births) women. And they all say that with no previous history of pph's, good general health and proper nutritional support during the pregnancy they rarely see pph in these women. Which makes sense, i think its a very individual risk factor but it gets treated as a one-size-fits-all thing over here.

LMSM
May 16th, 2020, 05:08 PM
I really truly think prayer was first and foremost. Following that, I absolutely without a doubt was in a more declining maternal condition with my girls than I was with my boys. I was breastfeeding with each of them as well (actually maybe not with DD3 I can’t remember) and both DD2 and DD3 were following miscarriages in recent months. I asked my DH what he would want next and he said a boy, so this time I am swaying for him as he has swayed for me in the past, and now I am in love with the idea of another little boy. Whatever will be will be. This is my largest gap by far, DD3 will be 4 in June, and I feel it would “make sense” if it was a boy. But we will see!!!

3 blue 3 pink

TTC blue!
Thanks for sharing !!!
Must be nice to just be in a position of « no pressure, either will be wonderful » :)
Hope you do get that little boy though :)

LMSM
May 16th, 2020, 05:24 PM
i would understand it better if that was the case but they do it to everyone here as soon as you reach pregnancy #3, my first 2 werent really fast births either, #1 was over 12 hours and #2 was 4 hours. Your right 8 mins is nothing for a placenta, my quickest was with #4 at around 5 mins and then my longest was with baby #6 that took 3 hours, though tbh i thnk if id got out of the bath earlier and stood/walked about it wouldve come quicker, all were without the injection. Do they offer the injection for the placenta over there?

yes they do say that more babies=saggy uterus :) but when ive looked it up for myself ive seen accounts from midives who have attended lots of grand multip (over 5 births) and great-grand multip (over 10 births) women. And they all say that with no previous history of pph's, good general health and proper nutritional support during the pregnancy they rarely see pph in these women. Which makes sense, i think its a very individual risk factor but it gets treated as a one-size-fits-all thing over here.

I do think overall, yes here too you do tend to get treated as a one size fits all...probably a matter of’ hospitals’ protecting themselves from’liability!
The oxytocin injection was standard for my three, but you can decline. Getting the placenta out was the hardest for me, felt no energy to push that floppy thing out, my uterus was too tired lol in my case, they probably were right that the risk of bleeding was higher as the births were very fast and my uterus stunned ( that being said 2 hours after birth it was below’ the pubic bone so must be not that stunned,after all it contracts like mad all’pregnancy (irritable)).
I would have thought that with the UK offering homebirth as part of the NHS, they’d be more progressive :)