PDA

View Full Version : Saddened by....

auroara78
December 12th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'm going to apologize if this will offend anyone, but it's been bothering me and on my mind lately...

I read an article about this couple in Australia, belive it was in Victoria, that recently aborted twin boys because they wanted a girl. It broke my heart into pieces!

While I do deeply desire a daughter, I am so saddened to read about unwanted little boys :(
It really deeply hurts me to think of any child being aborted because of gender (whether it be boy or girl), but the boy stories really hit me in the gut, probably because of my own mixed feelings when I found out my DS2 was a boy and not the girl I dreamed about. I see him now and I am so happy he's here and that we had him, though I still long for a daughter...

Anyway, I have resolved myself to stop reading extremely negative boy posts. I understand and totally feel compassionate towards the ladies that are having a boy and are sad but are determined to get through GD and love their bundles of blue.

GD is a monster. I totally understand that. What I don't understand is aborting only for the sake of gender.

Anyway, I realize this post may be controverisal, but I wanted to air my feelings somewhere.

Sorry for the rant.

alreadyneedivf
December 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM
hi! I am totally with you on your opinion. I read that article and I also watched 20/20 which showed all the unwanted girls in India. Both made me incredibly sad! I am totally pro choice (speaking of another controversial issue) but not because of gender. No matter what, your child comes from you. I don't usually like to express opinions (in real life or on forums) but I just have to say I totally agree with you.

Persuing Lacey
December 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Can I just say that if HT was legal in Australia this whole debacle may have just been avoided. I believe these people needed IVF anyway to conceive, so in my opinion the blood is on the hands of the people who "decide" HT should not be allowed.

Not saying I condone what they have done, but I kind of understand as we all know GD can be a powerful thing.

LolaInLove
December 12th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I know, it breaks my heart to read about any baby aborted because of gender. I know it is really bad in China also. And I agree with you, Persuing Lacey, about the anti-GS laws in Australia.

auroara78
December 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Yes, they the couple used IVF to concieve the twin boys and are currently appealing in Victoria to have HT legalized for gender selection, since currently you can only have it done for genetic gender considerations. I understand they really want a daughter, but seems like such a waste to go out of your way to create those lives just to get rid of them :(

and typically I avoid controversy like the plague, but it was just heavy on my heart, and I wanted to put it out there.

Thanks for listening!

LolaInLove
December 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Well, it's interesting to talk about because most of us here want a specific gender child, but I dare say most of us would not go to those lengths.

alreadyneedivf
December 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
perusing lacey--I def agree--if GS were legal in Australia, this would not happen. Australia is my fav place (studied abroad there) and I am surprised it's illegal there.