PDA

View Full Version : Low sperm count HELP!

onelastsway
October 31st, 2018, 12:42 PM
Some of you might remember me - I've been TTC nearly 2 years now. With both boys we got pregnant first time. Anyway - we are currently under further investigation - looks like I most likely have endemetriosis but hubby just had a sperm test and turns out he also has a low sperm count. We are only very loosely swaying now as obviously after two years, we've kind of given up hope and find it impossible to stick strictly to swaying but my question is - what is the best frequency for us if hubby has low sperm count do you think? We would still desperately like a girl but obviously our priority is now conception (if this is even possible for us).

Thanks in advance for your help x

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2018, 11:53 AM
Every 2-4 days is best if husband has sperm issues, and then around ovulation you want to be in with 2-3 more attempts.

onelastsway
November 1st, 2018, 04:47 PM
Thank you!

onelastsway
November 13th, 2018, 11:36 AM
OK so probably a really stupid question - turns out his count was very low, only 2 million, so unlikely we can even get pregnant without IVF. Add to that my possible endo and I think a third baby is off the cards for us (which sometimes I cope very well with and other times really don't). Anyway, next cycle - we have decided to BD when we are in the mood, preferably quite a bit at my fertile time because even a one in a million chance is a chance so we might as well. My question is - should I drop ALL other sway tactics and just both eat as healthily as we can, exercise regularly but not too excessively etc? I'm guessing our chances of a girl would probably be quite high anyway with the issues we have and to be honest, any baby would be a miracle baby...

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2018, 09:33 PM
I would absolutely have you guys eating a healthy diet such as the Zone, South Beach, or Perfect Health Diet. I do NOT want you doing a very low carb diet like keto or Atkins, you want the kind that has healthy carbs, and then a good amount of protein and healthy fat as well.

We want to ensure that if we are so lucky to catch an egg, that egg is as healthy as she can be!!

onelastsway
November 16th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Thanks. I know it's a one in a million chance. I suppose the good thing is if I were to get pregnant, it'd feel like a miracle baby and so meant to be whatever gender. Will try to be as healthy as I can and think positive thoughts. Thanks for all your help throughout the process. It's been such a crazy one after conceiving the boys so easily - has really hit home how blessed we are to have them though and how hard it must be for all those ppl struggling with infertility all along. Baby dust to everyone!

APPLE4
November 16th, 2018, 08:47 AM
FYI! To give u hope my husband has 1million or less ... we have had 3 natural pregnancies despite being told it’s near impossible...

onelastsway
November 16th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Thanks so much for this APPLE4 - gives me hope! Did it take a long time to conceive? I think unfortunately I probably have endo too so odds are fully stacked against us but keep telling myself if it's meant to be, it will be! And my boys are so wonderful right now, I'm grateful to have had this extra time to focus on them so just trying to see the positive in every outcome as much as I can.

atomic sagebrush
November 18th, 2018, 02:53 PM
FYI! To give u hope my husband has 1million or less ... we have had 3 natural pregnancies despite being told it’s near impossible...

:agree: we have had at least 3 other people whose husbands had numbers below 1 million who did get pregnant naturally.

onelastsway
December 15th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Can't believe it - after two years of trying - BFP! I'd just booked in for a laparoscopy for my suspected endo yesterday and then got a BFP today. It's very early days so trying not to get my hopes up though...

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2018, 02:38 PM
OMgosh that's great news! Huge congrats!!

4blue2pink
December 15th, 2018, 05:15 PM
onelastsway Huge Congratulations this is such amazing news!! :heart:

onelastsway
December 17th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Thank you so much. I'm trying to take a very philosophical - if it's meant to be, it will be - approach and still very worried about miscarriage but just such a shock to see a BFP after so many BFN's all this time. I'll keep you posted but thanks so much Atomic for all your help from the start.

RaisingGentlemen3
December 17th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Fx for you!

Parying4agirl
December 20th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Can't believe it - after two years of trying - BFP! I'd just booked in for a laparoscopy for my suspected endo yesterday and then got a BFP today. It's very early days so trying not to get my hopes up though...

Congratulations!!! All thest best , hope u have a heslthy pregnancy and baby xx