PDA

View Full Version : Red cheek and irritated baby

mybluepilot
January 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I don't know what is wrong with her?? My baby girl is 10 months lately her cheeks are super red and alittle warm to the touches
She is very crancky, has a runny nose and hasn't been sleeping through the nite,
I am exhausted, there is no fever, just started walking and has two bottom teeth out

I need help !! Should I take her to the Dr ?

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Anytime mine go 2 nights without sleeping, I am at the doc the next day. Once, my DD had a double ear infection- no fever, no irritability, nothing but in both ears! Flush cheeks I would think mean a little fever but you said no so I am not sure. Another bad day/night and I would take her in.

hawaiigirl
January 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Does she have a fever? Maybe roseola? I hope she feels better. I would call the dr and see what they say.

mybluepilot
January 16th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Called the Dr said to give her Tylenol and see what happens
Did so and she slept the whole night !
Sehe feeling much better
Thank you ladies:)

fourblessings4me
January 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM
My yds was/is allergic to tomatoes and always got the red/warm cheeks. However, doubt you are feeding your 10 month old tomatoes. Also... eczema. 3 of my 4 suffer from it, and will occasionally manifest it w/ the red cheeks.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Mine got red cheeks sometimes from teething, also from getting chapped in wintertime. My older boys never did this, but my baby just has nights when he doesn't sleep well, for what seems like no reason at all!!!

I'm glad she's feeling better!!

Orchid
January 17th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Her cheeks might be red because she is tired. DS cheeks get red whenever he is tired, not necessarily when he is sick. She is tired because of the lack of sleep and hence may be the red cheeks. I take mine to the doc whenever he doesnt sleep through the night for 3-4 days straight.