PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun, your guess on chances of pregnancy, and boy or girl

chocolate
December 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hiya, this is just for fun so you wont dishearten me or anything, just wondered what people thought my stats are for being pregnant and if I am if it swayed boy or girl.

So here is the info:

We did the opposite of how I got my boys, we dtd every 2 days with them and on ovulation. This time was after 5 days abstinance and 2 to 3 days before ovulation (dtd on the Saturday, then the following Thursday and ovulated on the Sunday)
I was taking s. palmetto and OH took l.root - think this is a big plus.
Shallow depositing of sperm, lead there for about 40 seconds before jumping and dumping, alot of it was in my underwear but I wiped some off and wiped it just around the outside of my vagina, slightly inside (tmi) lol as I felt none could be inside and was our only attempt around O.
I lost about 9 pounds in the month before 0 but for 2 days before O I was on holiday so ate chips and a chicken burger and a cooked brekkie but hadnt had brekkie for ages, sugar levels were low most of the month but not around O due to brekkie.
Was bang on a full moon! But tons of negative ions and a long walk along the windy beach the day before and day of Ovulation.
Much less egg white cm, OH's PH was about 7.2, mine ranged between 5 and 7.3 around O and after but used replens about 3 hours before dtd so PH was about 4.5 ish at the time but did raise the days after.
My temps seem lower than most months typically!
My ovulation was delayed and had awful pains both sides for about 2 days around O.
OH has been working lates for months and months and smokes and lost weight on the lead up to ttc, avoided meat where possible and PH was around 7.3.
I have PCOS so could sway boy on this alone.

So I reckon I will end up pregnant this cycle, but will be happy if not as will sway girl much better next month if not!

I reckon my chances of another boy are around 70% girl 30%.
Next month Id like to do the diet better, try to raise temps, and go for a longer abstinance and lower PH much better but through diet or supps ideally.

Here is my chart: My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/168edb)

Guess away ladies and feel free to ask questions if Ive missed some info :-)

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I think your odds of pg are not great with Replens and if your deposit was really THAT shallow!

Just by virtue of your DH smoking, I think you have a good shot at pink!! Good luck!!

chocolate
December 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I like both of those replies lol!

Def. made me realise I need to be 100% dedicated to sway girl to be happy Ive done everything.

However, I reckon because I didnt give my 100% I will be pregnant lol, but I know I would still feel blessed.

So do people tend not to conceive that easily with PH in the 4's as that is what the replens effectively did. What do you think the best PH is around ovulation to actually allow pregnancy but also still sway girl?

Zivic-Bubac
December 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
When I first checked my pH, it was 4. I wasn't started boy diet yet back then. But even on IG boy diet my pH was stucked somewhere around 5 ( I'm using pH strips) HE diet finally moved my pH to almost 7 around O :cool:

So yes, you can get pg with low pH.
Good pink sway I'd say, except those chips around O. How come you boy mamas always reach for perfect boy friendly food? ;) Just kiddin' lol!
When I cheat on my diet, I usually skip breakfast :rofl:

PCOS Imo strongly sway blue and so does full Moon. There was some study here ( can't remember which board it was :worry:) that showed connection between full Moon and boys.

This looks like 60/40 for :XX: :)

chocolate
December 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for your guess Zivic, those bloody chips! I am just all boy diet normally - red meat, fatty foods, take aways, although I tend to eat less calories overall but the calories tend to come from high fat food so although Im slim, I definatley eat boy foods!

This month has taught me so much though so either way Ill be happy with either outcome - I def. swayed more to pink this time than I did when I concieved my boys. With them I even used Pre-seed and dtd like mad when I saw egg white cm and had lots of it.

About 3dpo and had really tender womb area for most of those days but today I feel back to normal - few more days and I should have an indication of if the replens over-kill of almost an applicator full a few hours before dtd killed them all lol.

rainbowflower
December 15th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I'd say you probably have less than a 10% chance of conceiving, but if you did conceive I think you'd be more likely to get a girl

chocolate
December 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I really hope so rainbowflower as I'm not happy I did enough that month, the first time ever wjile ttc that I don't want to be pregnant

auroara78
December 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Chocolate, honestly, I don't think u got pregnant from this attempt....just because of the replens and stuff....

your sway was great in some parts, not so great in others. I know its controverisal, but I really do believe the moon has some impact on gender (not saying 100%, nothing is EVER 100% with gender selection, it seems, lol, there are always contrictions!) and the chips of course is all boy food....

Good things: husband smoking imo really sways pink, the 3 days before ov sways girl, the losing weight sways girl, the breakfast thing I'm not entirely convinced of because my mom always ate breakfast and had 3 girls, however her breakfasts WERE very girl friendly (she had toast with a lil butter and coffee).

I think if you were pregnant that your chances would be 60 boy / 40 girl, but I definitely think there is still a chance for a girl!

chocolate
December 15th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hiya, yeah I feel that way too about the moon, and seasons mainly because there is a huge difference in people I know how have concieved boys or girls in certain seasons, like literally 9 out of 11 of the babies were boys born in summer and only 2 girls, then we all went on with the next lot and it was about 8 out of 11 were girls and 3 were boys in born in the winter! (UK)

I really hope Im not pregnant this cycle now as I wont feel like I gave it my best, am thinking of waiting to ttc till March and def. doing everything I can diet wise, but may drop the replens or just a tiny amount and dtd when I get a positive opk but not dump too much of it this time lol as I think getting pregnant soon is high on my importance list if waiting to ttc till March time.

Also felt a bit sick today which made me not want to rush into pregnancy too soon ha ha!

atomic sagebrush
December 16th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Well, but just because the seasons sway (science supports this) doesn't mean that it's the moon or ions and in fact, the science indicates differently than what IG claims. Proceed with caution!!!

chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hiya, my opinion on the seasons swaying is because women tend to diet in spring/summer but eat more boy friendly foods in autumn and winter so would appear the seasons sway but in fact its diet, however, I didnt want to risk it by not including negative ions just incase!

zanacal
December 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM
That's the opposite way round to the science though isn't it? More girls are conceived Feb to May aren't they? All my boys were conceived in Autumn/Winter.

chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Im confused.com lol, from my observations in the UK it seems girls are conceived spring/summer and boys autumn/winter.

Atomic if you can explain when you think girls/boys are conceived in the UK and why that would help clarify

atomic sagebrush
December 16th, 2011, 01:09 PM
It's not the ions and the actual science indicates the exact opposite of what the "ion theory" claims.

More girls conceived late winter to early spring, more boys conceived late summer/early autumn

It's beyond diet tho because in one of the studies, the researchers looked at diet and still found these seasonal peaks. I think it may have to do with either day length, ambient temps ( I have a cow study that showed cold temps = girl conceptions and vice versa), or sunlight/Vit D OR all three.
Hey, I have two opposites myself but I still believe t

atomic sagebrush
December 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
This explains it http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1693-seasons-swaying.html

chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
So in the UK by that theory, more girls are concieved late winter/early spring - so is late winter 'end of Jan and start of Feb'......... darn, would still doing ions go against a girl sway if that theory is true?
so basically if I ttc Feb and also do ions I could hopefully get the best of both just in case?

PS - both my boys were conceived in late feb and late September

chocolate
December 16th, 2011, 01:40 PM
oh ok just read the page 1 and its March to May - Im so thick, where is the UK in the hemisphere range?

rainbowflower
December 17th, 2011, 03:55 AM
northern!

chocolate
December 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Well, thats it, my OH has super sperm!! Got a faint line this evening at 7pm at 9dpo!
My temps arent looking great though, but I just took it now and it was up to 98.20 where as earlier it was 96.5 or something so am holding onto that.
Here is my chart: My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/168edb)

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Congrats!

zanacal
December 21st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
December 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Congrats! Good luck!